Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
I can't believe how much my energy has increased! It almost makes me feel antsy. The only down side is my DVR is filling up because I used to spend every evening laying on the couch watching tv and now I just can't do it. I watch maybe one show and then have the urge to get up and get something done. Sure helps with things that need done around the house! I was sooo excited this morning because my BMI on my weight tracker now shows "overweight" not "obese"!!
Congrats on the BMI victory! That was a big moment for me too!

Today I started to take assessment of my wardrobe again. I definitely have more empty hangers than anything. I went shopping on Friday just a spur of the moment thing and bought a new top. The large was too big so I got it in medium. It is a frilly blouse. I don't have anything else like that in my wardrobe. It feels very good not to buy huge bland clothing.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Default gained .2 ounces...depressed

So today was the start of 6 weeks on ideal protein. I did not have any restricted foods this week, followed the plan and I gained .2 ounces!! How does this happen...getting discouraged.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #18  
SWP

S/C/G: 177.8/169.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default My first week back!

It's my first week on IP! I did it before - about a year and a half ago.

I just weighed myself - i'm down 5.9lbs! I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for the fact that it won't be like this every week

I'm pretty nervous though. There's only one place that sells IP in my area, and the coach is horrible. She's a recent high school grad who lives in her own world and isn't very receptive - to anything.

Anyway, do most people stop seeing their coach after phase 3? or phase 2?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #19  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Week 5 weigh in-down 2.6lbs! Yay! Loving Ideal Protein!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
So today was the start of 6 weeks on ideal protein. I did not have any restricted foods this week, followed the plan and I gained .2 ounces!! How does this happen...getting discouraged.
When your body doesn't eat enough food, have enough fuel, it holds on to what is left for dear life! You need to follow the plan by eating your restricted every day. Of course the usual - water, salt, EVO, vitamins etc But a .2 lb gain is not a big deal. Look at the big picture as to how much you have lost. My weight fluctuates so much that I stopped weighing in every week. not recommending this to anyone but it is what works for me.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Why don't you try eating your restricted this week. I Have never missed it. Some say it is important to have it. Did you drink your water and take supplements?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #22  
Started IP: Sept 19/12

I know teas are ok on the diet, and about drinking extra water for the caffeine and all of that.

But what about fruit teas? Or the tea that is dried that you put in the little tea ball. Is that ok? Sometimes I've seen fancy flavors that will say "caramel" or something else sweet in the name. Any idea if those are safe?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
When your body doesn't eat enough food, have enough fuel, it holds on to what is left for dear life! You need to follow the plan by eating your restricted every day. Of course the usual - water, salt, EVO, vitamins etc But a .2 lb gain is not a big deal. Look at the big picture as to how much you have lost. My weight fluctuates so much that I stopped weighing in every week. not recommending this to anyone but it is what works for me.
Amen Sista!!! I had WI this morning and supposedly gained 3.4lbs. I am so so so upset because even with the storm and the challenges it brought, I stayed 100%OP!!! I do think though, I did not eat enough! I know this wgt is not fat and I am so NOT changing my ticker. It kills me because the clothes I have on right now are falling off me.

I know I didn't eat enough at my Aunts because there were not enough veggies in the house. So, while I did not go off plan, I think I was so worried about what I was eating, I didn't eat enough or right.

Long story short, follow the plan the way it is intended!! It works!!!

BTW: Maezy, I think we are long lost sisters!!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Why don't you try eating your restricted this week. I Have never missed it. Some say it is important to have it. Did you drink your water and take supplements?
Yes! I did everything I was supposed to. It is so discouraging. The week before I lost 4 pounds. Its so strange because 3 days ago I got on the scale at home and it said 182.6 then the next day it was up a pound and the same today which brought me to plus .2 ounces on the clinic scale this morning. How can it show a 2 pound loss 3 days ago and then a gain today!!! Frustrated!! I did purchase a restricted box...kind of scared to eat it. My clinic does not recommend eating the restricted until you reach your goal but I am going to have one and see if it changes things for me.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
I'm going to try it...I think I did eat enough and I drank a gallon of water everyday, but the scale said I was only 30% water. How can that be??
Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Yes! I did everything I was supposed to. It is so discouraging. The week before I lost 4 pounds. Its so strange because 3 days ago I got on the scale at home and it said 182.6 then the next day it was up a pound and the same today which brought me to plus .2 ounces on the clinic scale this morning. How can it show a 2 pound loss 3 days ago and then a gain today!!! Frustrated!! I did purchase a restricted box...kind of scared to eat it. My clinic does not recommend eating the restricted until you reach your goal but I am going to have one and see if it changes things for me.
You are kidding. They don't recommend restricted until goal? Crazy! Like the others say it's all part of the program. Also maybe try not looking at scale for the week. Just keep with it and see what happens next week. Wouldn't it be neat if you ate your restricted everyday and lost good next week...you could try to prove them wrong.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
You are kidding. They don't recommend restricted until goal? Crazy! Like the others say it's all part of the program. Also maybe try not looking at scale for the week. Just keep with it and see what happens next week. Wouldn't it be neat if you ate your restricted everyday and lost good next week...you could try to prove them wrong.
LOL..yeah that would be nice. I'm addicted to my scale!! I can't stop...that and those darn Ketosis sticks too!! lol
Old 02-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Good afternoon all!
Weighed in today -4.4 pounds, -20.8 pounds in 4 weeks! Woo hoo! I souls be able to stop wearing my maternity clothes in about 5 more pounds.

My only issue is that I feel very weird. Kind of light headed, cloudy thoughts, my eyes feel like they are jittery. I definitely wasn't getting enough salt, so I fixes that. I am totally OP and am eating all my food and drinking all my water. Is there anything else I can do? I really don't know how much longer I can take feeling like this as I have 2 young kids to take care of.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #29  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
G'morning! Just checking in!

I tried celery root yesterday, I used the mandoline and slice it thin and made chips! They were great!

Then I made jicama chips for dessert! I think I'm going to try cutting it into small cubes, roasting it with cinnamon and WF syrup then topping it with crushed IP cinn puffs! I def love jicama! (Of course Market Basket had them labeled as celery root...good thing I know the difference!)

The night before, I tried cauliflower fried rice...yummy!

I love that this plan is encouraging me to try veggies/methods that I've never had before!
I made the cauliflower rice 4 days an a row. Fried rice, then using it as a filler for stuffed peppers. LOVE IT! I am going out today to try and get some celery root to try some fries or chips. I love the rutabaga fries.

I LOVE cooking, and this is so exciting. Things I never, ever would have done before IP! Family loves them too, which is a HUGE plus, because I was worried about cooking for them.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #30  

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm going to try it...I think I did eat enough and I drank a gallon of water everyday, but the scale said I was only 30% water. How can that be??
restricteds are part of the program!
Many people here have found through trial and error that they do BETTER with a restricted per day and a little more fat than the program calls for. So be SURE you are having your fat every day...not just cooking with it but actually putting 2 tsp ON your food.
A small increase (which is what you had) can be attributed to MANY things, including weighing at a different time, wearing different clothes, water retention from eating more sodium or from inflammation from an injury or illness, eliminating less than usual (or just general bathroom issues)

I actually had a bigger loss one week when I INCREASED salad consumption, after not eating any for a while.

These clinics that make the program HARDER than it is designed drive me absolutely

The last thing I'm going to say is that weight loss progress is neither linear (always going in one direction) NOR is it only measured on the scale. What did the measurements say? How about body fat? I almost always have a measurement reduction, even if I have little-to-no loss (or one week a slight gain, which I charted as zero loss)

We have to give this program time to work. Do the math. What is your average weight loss? Mine is over 2 lbs per week since I started at the beginning of August. NO OTHER plan I've ever followed gave me these consistent results. Look at my signature. The journey is not a picture of perfection but the result is GREAT!
Closed Thread