Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 209/136/140 R:224.8/200/145

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
I always pay with my credit card, found that their shipping is very quick. I've also found that the discount codes start to work anywhere over $135. But that number changes from month to month.
Quote: Originally Posted by cscape Vi
Hi all,
trying to get back on track within my financial budget..is there anyone currently purchasing IP orducts from the plain protein site? What has your experience been with the site lately and how do you pay for products..is pay pal the safest way to go?
Does anyone know of any IP suppliers that discount?
Thanks!

I haven't ordered from www.plainprotein for over a month now. I always used my credit card and as far as I know I haven't had any problems. I believe you can get a discount of 20%. At least the few times I ordered, I got it to work. I don't know exactly how much you have to spend, but the discount code was whatever the month is and I don't believe it was case sensitive. So, what I would do is put in a huge order at the beginning, say $200 of one product, then I would apply the discount. If the discount shows up, then I would keep decreasing the quantity until I found the point that the discount no longer was being applied. Once I knew how much I had to spend to get the discount, then I would adjust my order to what I wanted from there. The other nice thing is that I would always get free S&H and I think they use priority mail and so I would get the stuff in 2-3 days. Hope this makes sense and helps! Jen

Trying my first multi quote..hope it works.
Thanks for the info. I'll put in an order and let you know how it went
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #47  

S/C/G: IP Start Date 1/29/13

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
You're doing great JuliaB! 3 pounds is a great loss, and 6" is amazing too! When I first decided to do this program, with encouragement from a friend who was doing it, I was hoping I'd have Biggest Loser weigh ins every week. As you can see, I'm not having Biggest Loser weigh ins, but now that I understand that my initial expectations were a bit unrealistic, I'm totally satisfied with the plan and my losses! I'm still losing much faster than I have on any other plan.
Thank you so much, RareBird! I really appreciate your comments and I do need to keep my expectations realistic. And yep, I was *hoping* for the Biggest Loser type weigh-ins but reality is, it just isn't going to happen. And I also have a HUGE NSV and that is the fact that I feel SO much better today than I did 2 weeks ago and I'm very grateful for that.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 180/153.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaB View Post
Scorbett - that dress looks amazing on you!!!

I had my second week weigh-in this morning. I lost 3 pounds and 6 inches.

I was (at first) disappointed with the 3 pound loss. I really thought it should of been more since it was the second week, and then I realized... this is my body and this is what I lost in real fat and to be satisfied with the results!! I had to give myself a mental slap to quit putting such high expectations on myself, stay 100% OP and it will all work out. :-)
That is the perfect mentality to keep you going. Three pounds is wonderful and the 6 inches is awesome. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

So I'm a little dissapointed.. I had my 2nd WI tonight. I didn't lose any lbs but I lost 6 inches.
I weighed myself over the weekend, and it showed I was 6lbs lighter.. Now it shows I haven't lost anything. My coach thinks it's because my TOM is approaching any day now.
I'm a little down about that. But she said I am making good progress because I am losing inches.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 253/StartIP232.2/220.4/145

Height: 5'3"

That is awesome Scorbett! Your progress is inspiring! Amazing!

All of you roguettes! That is so awesome! You can do it!- I never had a coach- other than 3FC- so I have always been rogue! hehe.
I do purchase my vitamins on plainprotein with a cc and have never had an issue- free shipping even to ALASKA! wowsa! I get my food from Nashua and Doctorsbestweightloss. Both are great, though no discounts for shipping on them to Alaska. The alternatives are cheaper still- including shipping. I have had the EAS shakes from Fred's or Walmart and Rainbow even has 'ice cream' for it in her recipes!
I believe Real Salt is mined in Utah from an ancient salt mine and has trace minerals that regular salt doesnt have. I read up on their site when I first started. They talk about iodine on that site too if you are interested.
Cheers everyone!
~My
Old 02-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Rainbow,
I was reading the sloppy joe thread tonight and had a thought when someone mentioned making a bun for it using potatoe puree...why not try it with rutabaga slices? Nice thick roasted rutabaga, even if its only the bottom of the sloppy joe (thinki open faced sandwich).

Have you ever made a rutabaga "bread"? What do you think? Anyone else try anything like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
So I'm a little dissapointed.. I had my 2nd WI tonight. I didn't lose any lbs but I lost 6 inches.
I weighed myself over the weekend, and it showed I was 6lbs lighter.. Now it shows I haven't lost anything. My coach thinks it's because my TOM is approaching any day now.
I'm a little down about that. But she said I am making good progress because I am losing inches.
You will have a stellar second WI. The body keeps accurate track of everything, nothing to worry about, grasshopper!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #52  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Rainbow,
I was reading the sloppy joe thread tonight and had a thought when someone mentioned making a bun for it using potatoe puree...why not try it with rutabaga slices? Nice thick roasted rutabaga, even if its only the bottom of the sloppy joe (thinki open faced sandwich).

Have you ever made a rutabaga "bread"? What do you think? Anyone else try anything like this?

You will have a stellar second WI. The body keeps accurate track of everything, nothing to worry about, grasshopper!
When I read your comments about using rutabaga slices, I also thought that it would be tasty to shred some rutabaga, mix it with a big of egg white & onion, and fry it in a bit of coconut oil like a latka-type pancake. Some sloppy joe serve on that would be tasty.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
You and me both Kileymed! As of yesterday...I'm goin' Rogue also! Like you, I'm a bit nervous, but I know I can do it with the help of everyone here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Going Rogue...gotta love it!
All the information is right here on these pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
You go girl!!! I have tried a few alternatives and like them better than some IP product. Can't give up my S&V crisps though. I am still debating giving the clinic a bye-bye. I still need/want the accountability. We'll see.....

GL! You'll do great!!!
I have learned more information here than from my coach. I am glad to have some rogue buddies here with me and I know I can pick Scorbett's brain .

NinjaNurse I agree that some of the alternatives are better. I will miss the chocolate shake but I can always order it with my vitamins if I really think I need it! The local rogue gallery is here if and when you are ready.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #54  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Going Rogue...gotta love it!
All the information is right here on these pages

Yes I played into this for myself without meaning to. I told them 3 months max on IP, so I have been gradually using alternatives and buying a7 pack from my center each week ( along with my supplements). By next week when I am "done" I can still go into my center once a month for weigh in, in my case it is very close to my office
Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Scorbett -

Six 6 - WOW!! It looks amazing. Good for you!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:16 PM   #56  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

Woohoo scorbett!!!!! Looking awesome!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:22 PM   #57  

Height: 5'8

I hit the 50 lb mark -- actually 53.4 lbs -- lost 4lbs at today's WI - cant believe it I have been on ip for 3 months officially tom and feel great it's can't even be put in words
Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #58  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinie89 View Post
I hit the 50 lb mark -- actually 53.4 lbs -- lost 4lbs at today's WI - cant believe it I have been on ip for 3 months officially tom and feel great it's can't even be put in words
Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #59  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So my sister in law took me to Marshall's yesterday while we were getting post-storm supplies. I decided to try some stuff on, just because I don't really know what my size is at this point. Tried on some size 12 dresses - too big! Tried on some size 10's....a few fit loosely, but others were still TOO BIG!!! So I grabbed some size 8's which for the most part fit. One of the dresses that I THOUGHT was marked as a size 8 was actually a SIZE SIX!!!!!

I know it's cut a little big, and I don't really care if it's vanity sizing - I have a dress hanging in my closet that is a size 6!!!
Looking FAB Ms Scorbett. Congratulations!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:26 AM   #60  
South Dakota Girl

S/C/G: 160/147/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So my sister in law took me to Marshall's yesterday while we were getting post-storm supplies. I decided to try some stuff on, just because I don't really know what my size is at this point. Tried on some size 12 dresses - too big! Tried on some size 10's....a few fit loosely, but others were still TOO BIG!!! So I grabbed some size 8's which for the most part fit. One of the dresses that I THOUGHT was marked as a size 8 was actually a SIZE SIX!!!!!

I know it's cut a little big, and I don't really care if it's vanity sizing - I have a dress hanging in my closet that is a size 6!!!
Hey, cute dress! I love it!
Closed Thread