Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Monday 12/2/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Morning,
Hope everyone had a great long weekend.

I'm home for the next two days with bronchitis so lots of sleeping and tv watching for me.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #3  

Nashua free US shipping orders over 49 today only
Code: CYBER

Last edited by lisa32989; 12-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:23 AM   #4  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning, IPeeps!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! This coming Saturday my husband and I are hosting an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. I will be preparing a LOT of food, but the fact that the sweater I bought is a MEDIUM is worth not eating any of it! There will of course be a nice big veggie tray for me!!
Old 12-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good Morning, IPeeps!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! This coming Saturday my husband and I are hosting an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. I will be preparing a LOT of food, but the fact that the sweater I bought is a MEDIUM is worth not eating any of it! There will of course be a nice big veggie tray for me!!
Congratulations on your purchase of a MEDIUM ugly Christmas sweater! I just hope you also bought yourself a beautiful piece of clothing as well in MEDIUM. Or you could make that sweater your statement piece this holiday.

I am celebrating that I made it through US Thanksgiving weekend with a 2 pound donation. Last year, this is when I really derailed from my weight loss efforts. Felt much better this year. And the whole family LOVED the fauxtatoes.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/239/175

Height: 5'2"

I had to go shopping for new pants this weekend. The ones I had were too baggy and loose. I was happy to see that I had drop one pant size and also get a smaller size shirt. IP is truly working and I am so happy that my doctor introduced it to me.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

So I was just browsing at the Christmas challenge spreadsheet and noticed that there is now an option to go until NYE, which was my original goal before the challenge was started, so that is what I am aiming for. I thought long and hard last week about what was causing my diet blues, and I think the fact that I was certain I would not make the challenge was getting me down, as well as setting my mini-goals too far apart. I liked that Lisa said about a "Next 5 lbs" mini goal. It is little achievements that keep me going, and I know that the closer I get to goal, the lower my losses will be each week, so if I set smaller goals, I will still feel as though I am achieving them in a decent time frame.
I really want to celebrate every 10 lbs lost, because getting down to the next number (190s, 180s, 170s) is such a big deal! I was too focused on the bigger milestones.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

Also, I decided to try on my wedding dress this weekend since I was at my parent's house, and it is still in their closet... It fits me better now than it did on my wedding day. The top is definitely too big in the boob area, and the zipper on the back just zipped right up without a struggle! And I could step into in from the top and pull it up over my hips, where on my wedding day I had to get into it from the bottom! The crazy thing is that I weigh more now than I did at my wedding by about 13 lbs!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #9  

I just put on size 12 jeans....holy holy crap!!! I have not worn a size 12 in 25 years.....it's funny how happy a small thing is making me. I hope you all have a great IP day!!
Old 12-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #10  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
I just put on size 12 jeans....holy holy crap!!! I have not worn a size 12 in 25 years.....it's funny how happy a small thing is making me. I hope you all have a great IP day!!
Woo hoo!! That is awesome!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Also, I decided to try on my wedding dress this weekend since I was at my parent's house, and it is still in their closet... It fits me better now than it did on my wedding day. The top is definitely too big in the boob area, and the zipper on the back just zipped right up without a struggle! And I could step into in from the top and pull it up over my hips, where on my wedding day I had to get into it from the bottom! The crazy thing is that I weigh more now than I did at my wedding by about 13 lbs!
ShrinkingSuzie - I have been following you, and you are an inspiration to me. May I ask how long you have been following IP? I started in October and am down 18 lbs in 5 weeks.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #12  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Hi all! Lovely wedding dress! Hope that everyone is having a good one. Life is hectic here and so I am going to be getting back to it but happy Monday to you all!
Old 12-02-2013, 03:21 PM   #13  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick hi and hope everyone is having a great OP day. I am trying to get in the groove of work and meal planning after the break. Tonight will be left over chicken served with roasted peppers from a jar because that is all that is in the house! lol
Old 12-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Default Proud

Today I lost another 6lbs!!!! I'm so happy, in total for 2 months I lost 42lbs! That's so crazy. (Doing the happy dance) 😊😜
Old 12-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #15  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
ShrinkingSuzie - I have been following you, and you are an inspiration to me. May I ask how long you have been following IP? I started in October and am down 18 lbs in 5 weeks.
I am currently in week 21! I'm glad I can inspire people as so many here have inspired me! And before you know it, you will be in week 21 as well. I found the first week seemed to drag by now time just flies by since I have my routine set. Congrats on the 18 lbs!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 12-02-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Closed Thread