Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/195.2/170

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Thanks Scrobett..! I really enjoy coming here. In fact it was my coach that suggested that I visit this site on my very first day. Funny how things have turned.
That IS funny, because my coach was like 3FC is BAD, BAD, BAD! Don't go there!

I KNOW it's because of the alternatives info on this site. She doesn't want anything interrupting her cash flow.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
LOL! Yeah, life it good. Even better now that I'm getting back to a healthy weight. I'm going to be a lot more comfortable in a swim suit today than I was a few months ago. I also suspect I won't be quite as worn out as I was previously after the dives. I think my body has finally gotten used to the idea that it has to burn fat primarily for energy. That said, I'm sitting here drinking my IP cappuccino and I have an EAS shake and IP peanut crunch bar in my bag for after each dive. They get put in the cooler as soon as I get on the boat. I'm shooting macro today, so I'm hoping for some cool little critters for pics. (That means I'll probably get sharks and mantas. )
Can't wait to see your pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPRound2 View Post
What a wierd morning. I woke up incredibly guilty this morning jumped on the scale (Even though i try not to be a daily weigher sometimes i just can't help it) and was up a pound from Saturday. I was mentally kicking myself, saying its my own darn fault as I made the choice to pig out all weekend. And then really started thinking - I was 100%OP all weekend. I had dreamt that I pigged out. I hope that the increase in a pound is because my hubby made dinner last night and used more real salt on the meat than I ever would have. I have an early weigh in tomorrow as I will be travelling all week- hopefully I can flush all that salt today. Crazy how real that dream seemed and how guilty I felt this morning.
That is wild! Sometimes dreams are very real. I'm sure that pound will be gone in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bttrhalf View Post
Had my weigh in on Friday....and i am now officially in the 130's...139.6 only 4lbs to go till goal.
I was trying clothes on from the skinny box this weekend and I can finally fit into a dress that i have had put away for along time because I couldn't fit into it.
and I have no more clothes to go thru in the skinny box.
Love the skinny box! Enjoy. Very nice dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Rough night last night - hubby got the house returned mostly to normal after the Little Boy Tsunami, but wasn't able to get much more shoveling done. I got home after work and was feeling a little energized, so I headed out to dig out the car (we are supposed to get freezing rain today, which would mean the snow around my car would have become a block of ice). What I didn't realize was that I was out there for TWO HOURS. The activity seems to have triggered a bad bout of charlie horse cramps in both of my legs, they woke me out of a sound sleep and hurt really bad. Body is very sore today, so I'm taking some Ibuprofen, drinking tons of water, and taking it easy. But my car is no longer a giant snow mound!
Two hours is a lot of shovelling! Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
I know that this isn't the case for all coaches but here's my story. I haven't seen my coach since January 11th. At that time I told her I would be going to Vegas but planned to stay OP. We didn't set a future appointment. Four weeks later with no communication from her office, I sent a text last Friday stating that I have been 100% OP since I started with her and have lost 24lbs. I expected at least a "Congrats". But no word at all. Since I have been considering going it alone without a coach and with alternatives, this just sealed the deal. Another clinic into this only for the money.

She Off soapbox..LOL Thanks for everyone's support through this journey!
Wow, how unsupportive. I agree, alternatives is probably a good idea, you're on your own already anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojenchilada View Post
Sitting in dr office now for annual physical. Weight: 200. Height: 5'4.5"

I think they just subtracted a pound and added an inch, but I will take it!
That made me laugh. I would take it too!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #18  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday everyone! So thought I'd share my NSV from this weekend. I have an identical twin sister who for years now has always been much lighter then me (by just under 40 lbs). Well I went to visit on the weekend and she took me to try on a bunch of clothes that she thought I could use (I don't want to buy much right now while I'm transitioning). I haven't been able to fit in any of her clothes for years now BUT....I brought home a whole bag of stuff and happy to say that 95% of them fit me right now and the other 5% will fit me really soon! It was very exciting. I'm actually wearing a pair of my skinny jeans I bought and a cute black fitted sweater she gave me and if I must say so myself I look pretty dang good! I even paired it with my high heeled boots although....maybe not the best day to do that as it's pretty icy and slippery out there lol.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Happy Monday everyone! So thought I'd share my NSV from this weekend. I have an identical twin sister who for years now has always been much lighter then me (by just under 40 lbs). Well I went to visit on the weekend and she took me to try on a bunch of clothes that she thought I could use (I don't want to buy much right now while I'm transitioning). I haven't been able to fit in any of her clothes for years now BUT....I brought home a whole bag of stuff and happy to say that 95% of them fit me right now and the other 5% will fit me really soon! It was very exciting. I'm actually wearing a pair of my skinny jeans I bought and a cute black fitted sweater she gave me and if I must say so myself I look pretty dang good! I even paired it with my high heeled boots although....maybe not the best day to do that as it's pretty icy and slippery out there lol.
That is a great NSV. Having all new cloths and didn't have to pay for them...I say "Thanks Sis". Your next visit you'll have to take her cloths you can't wear anymore because you will have passed her

I'm about to have to make a trip to Goodwill for some new shirts. A co-worker said I'm starting to look like a homeless guys with baggy shirts
Old 02-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #20  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPRound2 View Post
What a wierd morning. I woke up incredibly guilty this morning jumped on the scale (Even though i try not to be a daily weigher sometimes i just can't help it) and was up a pound from Saturday. I was mentally kicking myself, saying its my own darn fault as I made the choice to pig out all weekend. And then really started thinking - I was 100%OP all weekend. I had dreamt that I pigged out. I hope that the increase in a pound is because my hubby made dinner last night and used more real salt on the meat than I ever would have. I have an early weigh in tomorrow as I will be travelling all week- hopefully I can flush all that salt today. Crazy how real that dream seemed and how guilty I felt this morning.
How funny! I think we've all had pig out dreams, with the resulting guilt... but mine didn't cause a weight gain!

As you mentioned "real salt", I wondered about the differences between "real salt" and sea salt, so did some research and read that the only difference was that sea salt had a purer taste because chemicals weren't used in the manufacturing process. Is that really the case, or does it somehow result in less water retention?
Old 02-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I know that this isn't the case for all coaches but here's my story. I haven't seen my coach since January 11th. At that time I told her I would be going to Vegas but planned to stay OP. We didn't set a future appointment. Four weeks later with no communication from her office, I sent a text last Friday stating that I have been 100% OP since I started with her and have lost 24lbs. I expected at least a "Congrats". But no word at all. Since I have been considering going it alone without a coach and with alternatives, this just sealed the deal. Another clinic into this only for the money.

She Off soapbox..LOL Thanks for everyone's support through this journey!
OMG! Texan, I did the EXACT same thing on Friday! I hadn't seen my coach for four weeks (as of last Friday) and sent her a text to tell her I had been 100% OP and am down 31 lbs and only 15 lbs to goal...AND I wanted to set up a weigh-in for next Friday...I haven't heard one peep from her.

I guess what I need is the sheet they give you when you go into Phase 2, maintenance? do they give you something? That's when I'm going to need the help the most.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Hey all!! It was a interesting w/e. Had a 'campout' at work, which was surprisingly fun. Everyone was in good spirits at least until morning. I got to go home at 10am ish to no power. We ended up at my Aunt & Uncles where we cooked on a wood stove. (They had a generator)
We got power yesterday and are now home. I stayed OP the entire time, and considering we got free food all day/night in the cafeteria, it was TOUGH. (Had a fantastic egg white, mushroom, and spinach omelet!)
I also have started to 'go rogue' this week and am loving some of the new food packets from Proti-diet, Syntax, and Health Wise, something like that. Even got to have Hot Choco when everyone else did!! (Although my family was driving me nuts asking me about what I could eat and not eat.)
I felt renewed after such a good w/e, despite the weather and staying at work 16hrs, but woke up to BACK SPASMS!!
Now I am out today and figuring out how to nip this in the bud asap.
Amazing how quickly this becomes a way of life and not just a 'diet'. Considering how may emotional issues I have associated with food, if I can do this, anyone can!!
Sorry, on a caffeine/choco drink high.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 165/144/135.

Height: 5'2"

Default 1st WI after 6 days...

down 5 pounds and 7 inches. have today off so gonna do prep for the week, kale chips, some broccoli and rotini salad, beef and broccoli/pepper stir "fry", stuff like that.

gotta get some cleaning done and shoveling too. prep is much more fun.

thanks.

say, anyone know if Pollack fish is ok? was at the store and got what I thought were two bags of tilapia but realize now one is Pollack.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #24  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

It sounds like everyone is doing so well!

I'm in a slight freak-out because this is going to be such a busy week with my volunteer commitments. For me, staying at home (I work from home) is so much easier to stay 100% OP, but I do have a plan. I've got a little thermal lunch bag I will keep with me at all times with my IP foods/drinks and veggies.

I'm skipping the volunteer dinner on Wednesday, and just showing up for the event after, because I can't sit and watch everyone else eat "bad" food from a really good restaurant. But this coming Sunday is a luncheon (which I organized, so I cannot skip it) and I think I'll be bringing my food then, too, and just try not to think about everyone wondering why I have that little purple bag I keep dipping into!

Wish me luck!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Hey, we could do an IP retreat here! Hmmmm, yummy snacks ready and waiting after the dives .... Sounds good!!
3FC IP retreat in the tropics? Don't tempt me!

Quote:
Wow! Ignored = gone.
I'd do the same thing. As you can see, many others are able to continue sans-coach with the help of this forum. You will do it too!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Just catching up with all the weekend chats haven't been on for a bit except to fill out my 50 day challenge form. Had a rough weekend emotionally, but managed to stay OP. Actually it wasn't even a struggle....Who would have thought...

Attempted the cauliflower mash last night with a roasted chicken dinner. They turned out like baby food and were really gross. I love roasted cauliflower so was very disappointed that I had these beautifully roasted florets and turned them into nastiness. Of course I was cooking for someone other than my husband who is also on IP and I would have to say altogether the worst dinner I have cooked since starting. I really like the idea of the purees, but for me I feel like it all blends down to such a small amount and I usually feel like I am shorting myself on the enjoyment of eating my veggies. I usually like the full 4 cups. Although with the rough weekend I must say there was a couple times I struggled with veggies and added spinach to my drink which worked amazing. Well must run and clean up someone is popping by soon. Have a great week.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 198/195.2/170

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
How funny! I think we've all had pig out dreams, with the resulting guilt... but mine didn't cause a weight gain!

As you mentioned "real salt", I wondered about the differences between "real salt" and sea salt, so did some research and read that the only difference was that sea salt had a purer taste because chemicals weren't used in the manufacturing process. Is that really the case, or does it somehow result in less water retention?
GREAT question! I hope someone knows the answer to this salt question because I'd love to know too. The sea salt/regular salt thing confuses me.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #28  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookinfor170 View Post
That IS funny, because my coach was like 3FC is BAD, BAD, BAD! Don't go there!

I KNOW it's because of the alternatives info on this site. She doesn't want anything interrupting her cash flow.
That's amazing! Did she give you any rationale aside from "you will reduce my profit margin"? That's pretty transparent!

I have not told my coach about 3FC and I don't plan to. It's funny, but I have complained about my coach and clinic more than once--I am made to feel like an unruly, willful child when I don't lose enough or admit to having a bite of something off program (i.e., Christmas and New Years). I think that's ridiculous because I'm an adult and I made conscious decisions, knowing the possible consequences. At my appointment last week, she had a flier for me to take home with new contact information for the clinic, and it said something along the lines of "remember that we are here to help you. We know that everyone has bumps along the way to their goal, and we are here to help you, not judge you." Thought that was interesting! I never said anything, but I wonder if someone else has told them that their approach was very negative.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #29  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
So sorry to hear that - but you are doing a fantastic job, and we are all here to be your "coaches" when you need it! I went "rogue" 18 weeks ago and the folks here have been invaluable in that journey! Good luck!
Okay -- now I have a visual of you in camo gear (and a smile).... Going "rogue" sounds very .... Rambo .... of you Scorbett
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #30  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
OMG! Texan, I did the EXACT same thing on Friday! I hadn't seen my coach for four weeks (as of last Friday) and sent her a text to tell her I had been 100% OP and am down 31 lbs and only 15 lbs to goal...AND I wanted to set up a weigh-in for next Friday...I haven't heard one peep from her.

I guess what I need is the sheet they give you when you go into Phase 2, maintenance? do they give you something? That's when I'm going to need the help the most.
Every sheet you need is posted in the first two threads at the top of the page -- the "stickies" that everyone keeps referring to. Every phase, all the info,all you need - plus you got us
Closed Thread