Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #1  
Restart date: 01.07.2013

Height: 5'4"

Default Completely derailed by sickness

I was doing excellent staying 100% OP and then it all went to heck. Both my children ended up sick with flu and strep on Monday so I had to miss my weigh in and buying IP food. My husband was out of town the entire week and I had no one I could call on to help me. Monday is also my grocery day so I ran out of veggies. I tried my hardest to stay OP but I failed. I had no way to get IP food and to the grocery...excuses, I know, but it was an incredibly challenging week. I ended up sick with the flu on Friday as well. Thankfully the boys are feeling better, and I'm starting to feel better as well.

Point of the story...buy extra IP boxes to stock up and keep frozen veggies on hand.
mommyIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather. Yes, agree that having backup foods is important to our continued success! So I have frozen veggies, frozen chicken breasts and burgers and extra packets.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #3  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

In this process, it can be difficult to put yourself first as a female, mother, wife, etc. But one of the changes made with IP or any program is being a little selfish and making sure you are setting yourself up for success.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail?" Simple but true. Part of the dedication you're making to the program and yourself is to break the habits of the past and instill new healthy patterns, like planning and making your goals your top priority.

Regardless, brush it off and learn from your experience. Next week is new and an opportunity to make some changes. Don't let it get you down. You've made great progress so far.
SFNinerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #4  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

I completely understand your dilemma, being a mother and wife, and life takes over too often.

I agree that this diet takes some IT'S MY TIME to take care of myself attitude. I have made it clear to hubby and kid that when I get *****y, deal with it. If I ask you to leave the room, do it. (usually when they are snacking in front of me). And yes, dealing with sick kids is not easy.

My suggestion, and what I do, is stock up on extra food. If your IP clinic won't sell you extras, order some alternatives from Diet Direct or Nashua. Because I never know how busy I will be one week to the next, I can't always get in to see my coach, so I have a nice supply of 100% OP alternative foods so I don't ever run out.

Get back on plan as soon as you can, and know you CAN DO THIS! Setbacks happen for different reasons, but you can't just throw in the towel, and plan ahead for the next time life gets in the way of taking care of yourself.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyIP View Post
I was doing excellent staying 100% OP and then it all went to heck. Both my children ended up sick with flu and strep on Monday so I had to miss my weigh in and buying IP food. My husband was out of town the entire week and I had no one I could call on to help me. Monday is also my grocery day so I ran out of veggies. I tried my hardest to stay OP but I failed. I had no way to get IP food and to the grocery...excuses, I know, but it was an incredibly challenging week. I ended up sick with the flu on Friday as well. Thankfully the boys are feeling better, and I'm starting to feel better as well.

Point of the story...buy extra IP boxes to stock up and keep frozen veggies on hand.
You have gotten some good responses. What are you doing about it today?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

You can also order extra IP food from plainprotein.com.
sahmmommy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #7  
Restart date: 01.07.2013

Height: 5'4"

I'm back on track. I placed an order on buyproteinfood.com for extra IP boxes to keep on hand, and I'm back to my usual Monday grocery shopping trip. I stocked up on frozen veggies to have just in case and all the usual fresh ones I enjoy too. And today was my WI with my coach so I bought more boxes. It is highly unlikely I will run out of food ever again!

Last edited by mommyIP; 02-11-2013 at 11:17 PM.
mommyIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyIP View Post
I'm back on track. I placed an order on buyproteinfood.com for extra IP boxes to keep on hand, and I'm back to my usual Monday grocery shopping trip. I stocked up on frozen veggies to have just in case and all the usual fresh ones I enjoy too.
Awesome!

I actually made a bunch of containers of veggie soup and popped them in the freezer (homemade veggie broth, cabbage, zucchini, celery, rutabaga and cauliflower, with garlic and herbs). I portioned them into 2-cup portions and now they are ready for me to get my veggies in even when I feel like crud! They make great grab-as-I'm-running-out-the-door lunch veggies too. I figured we'd have a rough winter with sickness because my oldest is a kindergartener this year so he's bringing home more than just schoolwork
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote