ROFL - great minds think alike
Old 02-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #107  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
ROFL - great minds think alike
Yup. I think its the same recipe, too
Old 02-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #108  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Heinz makes a reduced sugar ketchup. It has 1 carb per TBSP. I think that comes from the tomato. Technically it's not on plan, but I don't think any of the homemade versions are either. I've tried to make my own before but it just didn't taste right.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #109  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorblue View Post
Heinz makes a reduced sugar ketchup. It has 1 carb per TBSP. I think that comes from the tomato. Technically it's not on plan, but I don't think any of the homemade versions are either. I've tried to make my own before but it just didn't taste right.
I count it as veggie...tomato
The make-your-own recipe is WAY less expensive than the Heinz version.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-10-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
I made rutabega fries tonight..they were delicious..even my eight year old ate them. I feel like I ate a huge meal when it was just a chicken breast, rutabaga fries and broccoli! I think im ready to start trying some recipes!
I LOVE rutabaga fries. I had the same dinner Friday night - it was so satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star19600 View Post
Congratulations!!! What fun!

My weekend has been okay. Lots of homework and work to get done, not much of anything else. We did try the rutabaga fries Thurs, and had them again last night! Surprisingly good. What do you do for ketchup? Is there any IP-friendly ketchup out there that isn't WF? The WF foods gross me out.

I've also been very hungry and munchy, so I've been cranky. I didn't have a chance to get out much last week because my 3 year old was sick from Tuesday-Friday, so I only worked 1/2 day out of all that! And then I had to work on homework/work so I couldn't really get out this weekend either! It's making me very cranky but I'm trying to focus on the positives right now. I step on the scale every day and today it showed a good drop so that gave me a little more motivation that it is worth it!

Happy Sunday night all.
You are doing a great job with weight loss and juggling your many responsibilities. Congrats on the loss! (and we all have cranky days )
Old 02-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #111  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Alrighty IPers! I bought a small rutabaga today and I'm going to make these fries you keep raving about.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #112  

Rutabaga rocks
Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #113  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

OH! And I had my weekly weigh-in today, down another 2.25lbs which makes my coach loss 16.75. (My home loss, where I weigh nekkid before eating and after tinkling is 18 pounds).
Old 02-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #114  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

They were surprisingly good..I didnt have anything to dip them in..the kids had regular ketchup..
I think next I will try the big mac in a bowl!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #115  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedit View Post
Bubble weren't you on vacation like two months ago???? I want to live YOUR life! keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
I'm glad you can all be together somewhere warm, enjoying the time together. Sharing loving times together is a precious thing, something to be treasured, we just don't know what the future brings.
I call it vacation, but it's kind of semi-retirement. We're busy spending our kid's inheritance. Actually, we have a second home where we spend about a third of our time. This time we invited my BIL and SIL to come along with us. (They don't dive but we do, but I know they're perfectly happy fending for themselves in the mornings (or sleeping late!)). On a serious note, we had enough losses throughout our lifetimes to know we need to make the most of each and every day. We do our best to live each moment we're given to the fullest.

Staying OP is challenging in some ways but still doable. We're having lots of fish, chicken and pork and am making sure I'm getting all of my veggies. So far, so good!

Last edited by bubbleblower; 02-10-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #116  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I love me some rutabaga fries!! My next experiment will be to try making celery root into fries I may never go back to potatoes either!

Ketchup recipe:

6 oz tomato paste
1/2 c water
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
5 tsp Splenda
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp garlic powder

Mix all ingredients in saucepan, simmer over low heat until well blended.

Serve in an airtight container in fridge for up to 3... months. (at least I assume it will last that long because of the vinegar)

FYI: this is for 25 servings of 1 TBSP

There is 1.7g of carbs per serving which come from the tomato paste - which the only ingredient is tomatoes which is an allowable occasional vegetable...so just use in moderation!
Thank you! I will have to try this.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #117  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
Hi everyone, happy Sunday! I have been feeling off the past week and feeling hunger pains which I thought was too many carbs fri all the rutabaga I was eating.

Well, I took a pregnancy test this am and it's positive! It's still very early so anything could happen. I have a text out to my coach telling her. I'm going to put myself on P2 until I either heat back from her with instructions or see her in Tuesday for my WI. This isn't a surprise and when I told her this may happen I think she told me to phase off over 2 weeks. I am planning on staying within the maintenance guidelines though. I have worked hard to get these 60 lbs off and I want to stay healthy.

I will be checking in with you guys still!
Yeah!!! Congratulations!!! I am almost 11-weeks along myself and still hang out/lurk when I can. My coach had discussed the possibility with me when I was in Phase 1 and said if became preggers that I would immediately move to Phase 3 for 2 weeks to phase out. Start checking out the Phase 3 thread started by Sewmam and the Phase 3 Breakfast Ideas thread now because it is a big change. Congratulations Again!!!! And yeah....I totally hear you on the increased appetite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca46200 View Post
Thank you Lisa for your answer, I was a little bit concerned
Ketosis is a dieter's gift. Seriously, the natural appetite suppression helped soooooo much, I always wondered why people would always try to "tweak" the program and teeter that line when it is designed to help us succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudithL View Post
I use the WF ketchup but I don't like it by itself. I mix in some WF chipotle ranch or some Frank's hot sauce and I like it better. Sometimes I just water down the WF ketchup and I like it better, since it's less gooey that way. After several tries with the WF ketchup it started to grow on me.

I bought the WF seafood sauce today to see if I like it better than the ketchup with my fries.... but haven't tried it yet. I wonder if anybody has some other ideas on what to eat our "fries" with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorblue View Post
The Heinz 1-carb ketchup rocks! The WF stuff is disgusting...the only thing I ever could choke down from WF 'undoctored' was the pancake syrup.

Last edited by LizRR; 02-10-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #118  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
I call it vacation, but it's kind of semi-retirement. We're busy spending our kid's inheritance. Actually, we have a second home where we spend about a third of our time. This time we invited my BIL and SIL to come along with us. (They don't dive but we do, but I know they're perfectly happy fending for themselves in the mornings (or sleeping late!)). On a serious note, we had enough losses throughout our lifetimes to know we need to make the most of each and every day. We do our best to live each moment we're given to the fullest.

Staying OP is challenging in some ways but still doable. We're having lots of fish, chicken and pork and am making sure I'm getting all of my veggies. So far, so good!
NEWPLAN -- Skip the IP cruise and go hang with Bubbleblower! I like sleeping in too, so you can keep your diving routine, and I'll take over for the SIL! I'll even do IP cooking for you and DH! I'd stick away from my banana zuchinni muffins or any kind of chip -- I don't really have those down pat yet
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #119  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post

Semi retirement, vacation...diving location, whatever you call it I want way MORE of it in my life! Congrats for staying OP!
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #120  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
NEWPLAN -- Skip the IP cruise and go hang with Bubbleblower! I like sleeping in too, so you can keep your diving routine, and I'll take over for the SIL! I'll even do IP cooking for you and DH! I'd stick away from my banana zuchinni muffins or any kind of chip -- I don't really have those down pat yet
Yes Bubble is my new IDOL!
Closed Thread