Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Going to a friend's house for dinner tonight. Dh told them we aren't imbibing, and that I was on a strict diet. I asked if they regretted inviting us. I've got a little survival kit going: packet of wf creamy bacon salad dressing ( haven't tried this yet), and some wf barbecue sauce. I made the buffalo cauliflower from the Andover diet site and highly recommend it! If I could figure out how to post a picture without a URL I would I love this site, but I do find that I am having difficulty figuring it out (unless it's a blond thing). For instance, I managed to attach a ticker to my signature, but have been unable to figure out how to update it. Do you really have to go back through all the steps? I have done this, but it hasn't worked. Anyway, I can't believe I have lost 20 lbs in a month! I am down a size. I am happy to be with all of you in the same boat. Take care y'all, Heidi
Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #47  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
Going to a friend's house for dinner tonight. Dh told them we aren't imbibing, and that I was on a strict diet. I asked if they regretted inviting us. I've got a little survival kit going: packet of wf creamy bacon salad dressing ( haven't tried this yet), and some wf barbecue sauce. I made the buffalo cauliflower from the Andover diet site and highly recommend it! If I could figure out how to post a picture without a URL I would I love this site, but I do find that I am having difficulty figuring it out (unless it's a blond thing). For instance, I managed to attach a ticker to my signature, but have been unable to figure out how to update it. Do you really have to go back through all the steps? I have done this, but it hasn't worked. Anyway, I can't believe I have lost 20 lbs in a month! I am down a size. I am happy to be with all of you in the same boat. Take care y'all, Heidi
To change the weight on your ticker, go to your "edit signature" and look for the box that has the code for the ticker in it. You will see the weights within the code like this Starting weight/Goal Weight/Current Weight (for example, 180/140/155). You just manually change the Current Weight number whenever you need to and save it, and the ticker will update
Old 02-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #48  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
Going to a friend's house for dinner tonight. Dh told them we aren't imbibing, and that I was on a strict diet. I asked if they regretted inviting us..........I managed to attach a ticker to my signature, but have been unable to figure out how to update it. Do you really have to go back through all the steps? I have done this, but it hasn't worked. Anyway, I can't believe I have lost 20 lbs in a month! I am down a size. I am happy to be with all of you in the same boat. Take care y'all, Heidi
Well first off, no one is going to regret inviting you -- they didn't invite you over to drink or eat their food but to enjoy spending time with you. Most people are accomodating and it's not that tough of a gig -- chunk o' meat and a salad or veggies probably was on the menu anyway, unless it was an "italian" meal.

Also, when you change your ticker, you can go to the edit signature AND edit profile -- the profile one lets you change the info near your avatar picture
Old 02-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Omg just made the chocolate drink mug cake fire the first time, so good! This is exactly what I've been needing. Nice and hot from the microwave, I drizzled wf chocolate syrup and sprinkled it with truvia.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Well first off, no one is going to regret inviting you -- they didn't invite you over to drink or eat their food but to enjoy spending time with you. Most people are accomodating and it's not that tough of a gig -- chunk o' meat and a salad or veggies probably was on the menu anyway, unless it was an "italian" meal.

Also, when you change your ticker, you can go to the edit signature AND edit profile -- the profile one lets you change the info near your avatar picture
I know I was really kidding about them regretting it thanks for your help with the ticker!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 223 LBS my goal is 140 LBS

Hello Girls,

I just finished my 3rd week and lost 3 pounds, I lost a total of 18 pounds and I have to tell you that I dont eat as much as I used to eat, which I find weird. I"m having trouble drinking all my water and eating all my veggies or the meat, is this normal to suddenly lose appetite?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
To change the weight on your ticker, go to your "edit signature" and look for the box that has the code for the ticker in it. You will see the weights within the code like this Starting weight/Goal Weight/Current Weight (for example, 180/140/155). You just manually change the Current Weight number whenever you need to and save it, and the ticker will update
Thanks! For some reason I don't find my way around here to be intuitive.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:30 AM   #53  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
RE: the vitamins, I have used alternative products since week 8 but I have continued to use the IP supplements. The FORMS of the different nutrients matter, IP is hard on your body and the IP supplements are the most bioavailable (easiest for your body to process) forms of the nutrients. The dosing isn't even the same (100mg of potassium gluconate is NOT the same thing as 100mg of potassium bicarbonate). You can purchase the IP supplements a little cheaper at www.plainprotein.com
scorbett - What are your thoughts regarding using IP vitamins/supplements while you're now going to be in maintenance (P4)? Just curious.... Thanks, Jen
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #54  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy Sunday all!!

Just noticed in the cabinet that I have some cocoa powder. I'm thinking of making the Chocolate Bark for this evening's snack! I hope it's yummy!! . Anyone else try it ?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 227/189/150

Height: 5"4

Finally ONDERLAND!!! For the last few weeks I have felt like I was getting nowhere. Even though I know that is not true because I have lost over 4 lbs it just felt like such a struggle to get under 200 it was awesome this morning to finally see it!!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #56  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
scorbett - What are your thoughts regarding using IP vitamins/supplements while you're now going to be in maintenance (P4)? Just curious.... Thanks, Jen
I've been wondering this myself.

Well, yesterday we managed to escape the cold and wind (no snow for us, thankfully) and headed south. I managed to resist the free Bloody Mary and wine on the plane, and only ate the scrambled eggs with my cappuccino. DH enjoyed the extra fruit and yogurt along with some kind of potato cheese thing I left behind, and I even managed to say no to the croissant.

I thought I'd have a cohort this week in my BIL who also (theoretically, anyway) is on a high protein, medically monitored diet. He's lost 40 pounds in the time it's taken me to lose 20 in the last couple of months, but obviously doesn't stick to the plan as religiously as I do. Yesterday at dinner he had "Festival" (It's a fried bread; you can see info and a typical recipe here: http://aromahope.blogspot.com/2009/0...ied-bread.html) along with a double serving of jerk pork and jerk chicken, along with a beer, several rum and cokes, and a couple of after dinner drinks. I don't fool myself that I could eat like that and even maintain my weight.

So, I'm sitting here sipping my coffee with my 2 ounces of skim milk and planning my food for the day, knowing that I'm at a weight I haven't seen in almost 20 years. I'm looking forward to getting in the water tomorrow and taking some underwater photos to share. It's 80 degrees, the sun is shining, and I can feel the warm breezes coming off the ocean.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #57  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc1661cl View Post
Finally ONDERLAND!!! For the last few weeks I have felt like I was getting nowhere. Even though I know that is not true because I have lost over 4 lbs it just felt like such a struggle to get under 200 it was awesome this morning to finally see it!!
Congrats!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Keep it up -
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #59  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Congrats..thats wonderful!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #60  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
very good question.....i would like to know as well
Closed Thread