Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #1  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Back to basics (after our vacation - long winded)

Just returned from my lovely vacation in Santa Fe NM. We had a great time, ate good food, had great weather and averaged about 10 miles of walking a day. Before we left my WI person stepped me through from Phase 1 to Maintenance over about a months time. I gained a few pounds when I got to the Maintenance week but I've read that that is not uncommon.

During vacation we ate a pretty prescribed maintenance breakfast meal, usually at 7:30 am. (we had access to a full breakfast buffet at our hotel so I could basically measure out my portions my self) I carried around tiny bags of almonds or partial bags of protein snacks to get a little protein hit here or there before lunch. We ate our lunch every day in our various favorite restaurants at 2:30. I ate veggies that I have dearly missed. Things like roasted beets and squash. Except for yesterday when I had some (about 3/4 cup sized serving) corn muffin type thing on top of a chicken and veggies dish, I skipped any type of bready carbs after what my breakfast allowed. Dinner each evening we'd walk the 1.2 miles to Whole Foods, buy romaine lettuce and a bit of protein, make a salad and drizzle a tiny bit of the lowest carb dressing we found to buy. We drank a nightly protein drink before retiring.

Fly home late last night. Weighed myself on our home scale and I'm at 144 this morning. My pre-trip weight was usually in the 140-141.5 range so I consider this a win with all the walking we were doing.

As of this morning I am back on Phase 1. As of this coming Monday I will be doing Boot Camp. WI person has given me the choice of regular or what she calls "European Boot Camp". She defines it as 1 IP breakfast, 1 IP lunch w/2 c veg, 2 IP dinner packs with 2 c veggie, 1 dessert snack, 100% no restricted. Hoping that taking that week off of IP will reset my stalled out weight (with in about 1.5 lb range for about 7 weeks). Also hoping that boot camp will get me down where I want to be - 125lbs!!! And I am sure that the rest of my hair will fall out.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 130/119/102

Height: 5'1

that's great for a vacation gain!! hope you had a great time
maryann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:18 PM   #3  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Height: 5'4"

Had my regular WI yesterday. All I lost was 3/4" from my behind. Must have been all the walking last week. I gained 3/4" total elsewhere.

To start my "European Boot Camp" I purposely shrank my smallest jeans in the dryer over the weekend and am wearing those. Tight yes, but a reminder that I need to stay on EBC until they feel a lot better!!! Today is day 2 of EBC. Dinner was the new IP rotini with Tomato and Basil. Much better than the regular rotini. For some reason my IP Dark Chocolate Pudding tasted better than usual last night...
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote