Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #91  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Home sweet home!!! By the time my last shift ended at 11:30 last night, they were not mandating anymore and I got to go home and sleep in my OWN BED! Woke up this morning to a call that they wouldn't need me to come in early so I also got to snuggle with my very-missed munchkins Going in for my regular shift at 3pm but I feel like this morning was a vacation!

Was also curious to see how my body held up after having to fudge a little on the diet between Friday and Saturday - I never once ate off plan, but I had one egg white/veggie omelet at 1am Saturday, another one at 8am Saturday, and a LOT more coffee than I usually have. I ran out of my vanilla RTD and one cup of coffee had Splenda and a splash of skim milk. Not my favorite thing, but at least it was flavored coffee I ate my normal meals on Friday and Saturday otherwise. The lack of sleep had me concerned as well.

So I stepped on the scale after getting up this morning - 158.6!!!!! I LOST almost a pound in the last two days!!! By the end of Saturday, it was REALLY hard to resist some of the snack foods people brought in - there was a box of Oreos that kept calling my name - but I stayed OP.

Moral of the story - stressful circumstances are only an excuse to go off plan if YOU let them. If I can spend 41 hours at work, sleep 3 hours on a gurney because I can't go home, and STILL LOSE WEIGHT, that's proof food is just not as powerful as we sometimes let ourselves believe it is
Old 02-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #92  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Home sweet home!!! By the time my last shift ended at 11:30 last night, they were not mandating anymore and I got to go home and sleep in my OWN BED! Woke up this morning to a call that they wouldn't need me to come in early so I also got to snuggle with my very-missed munchkins Going in for my regular shift at 3pm but I feel like this morning was a vacation!

Was also curious to see how my body held up after having to fudge a little on the diet between Friday and Saturday - I never once ate off plan, but I had one egg white/veggie omelet at 1am Saturday, another one at 8am Saturday, and a LOT more coffee than I usually have. I ran out of my vanilla RTD and one cup of coffee had Splenda and a splash of skim milk. Not my favorite thing, but at least it was flavored coffee I ate my normal meals on Friday and Saturday otherwise. The lack of sleep had me concerned as well.

So I stepped on the scale after getting up this morning - 158.6!!!!! I LOST almost a pound in the last two days!!! By the end of Saturday, it was REALLY hard to resist some of the snack foods people brought in - there was a box of Oreos that kept calling my name - but I stayed OP.

Moral of the story - stressful circumstances are only an excuse to go off plan if YOU let them. If I can spend 41 hours at work, sleep 3 hours on a gurney because I can't go home, and STILL LOSE WEIGHT, that's proof food is just not as powerful as we sometimes let ourselves believe it is
Congrats, and that last part if oh, so true!!! Excuses abound all around us and are there for the taking. The real test - and what brings real results - is not buying into the excuses!! Way to go, Scorbett!! Hope today is a bit easier.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #93  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Lots of ideas for the muffins and it's really cool how once you know the basics you can mix them anyway that suits you. The recipe I posted said crispy cereal and drink mix but yes I have made muffins with pudding mix too. Or with oatmeal (but with IP that's a restricted). Or the oatmeal and a drink or pudding mix. I found the oatmeal / crispy cereal combos help keep the muffin shape better and don't deflate to hockey pucks. Although if you are heading out to a hockey rink all day it may be appropriate I love the lemon poppyseed version too. For the recipe I posted, it calls for water - I was trying to incorporate more veg so I used spinach water. I.e. I've blended spinach and water in my vitamix so it is very smooth and use that as my water portion. Plus I have zucchini in there. A little green muffin but tasty. Olive oil adds a little body and moisture to the recipe too but also a good way to get the oil in while I'm travelling and not sure what I'll get on a salad. I have WF salad dressing packets in my purse.

I did switch up my meals a bit and for lunch on the plane I've done a potato puree english muffin with a bit of spinach water (glowing green!). I cut it in half and spread on a bit of PB2 and WF strawberry jam. I'll have the cereal muffins for breakfast and lunch tomorrow.

True lemon and lime: I have them semi-regularly and no problems. I use maybe 1-2 max a day but with other flavorings around I don't have them every day. When you are sick or just need a little different for your water, try a packet in a cup of hot water. I usually keep a packet in my purse for while I'm on the go.

I should be heading to the airport already but my flight is already listed as an hour delayed. I guess Toronto is struggling to handle the snow they got! I slept fine last night but now getting a few butterflies. It will be better once I get there and can relax into the situation. I'm a little nervous about seeing someone I know at the airport and trying to make an excuse as to where I'm going - especially if they are work related. Winnipeg is too small a place to hide.

For recipes and IP notes: I usually copy and paste whatever info I want to keep in a Word document. For the recipes, I have a specific doc organized into meal types just like a recipe book. I save it on my computer and then email it to my Kindle account so I can open the recipes on my iPad. I find it a little harder to copy and paste on my iPad but in a pinch I'll do that and email it to myself to add to my Word docs later.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #94  
Started IP 1/14/2012

Way to go Scorbett!! You are right that stress is only an excuse. You can stay on plan. I also believe that stress can affect your body and weight loss but it is usually only temporary water retention. Obviously you got through that okay to. Not I needed the boost today but you are proof that I can get through the next two days and time in an airport (a trigger place for me) without any variations from plan.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #95  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Scorbett- Way to stay strong and a nice reward for making no excuses.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #96  

Height: magmeepEVE

Scorbett, way to go! and yes, stress does that and you lost weight. Wonderful!

KitKat, good luck on your trip! Make the decision that is true to your heart.

----------------

Just had my Sunday morning weigh in. Lost another 2.4 last week. Still chugging along to see where I want to stop. I still have fat to lose, so I'll still be doing Phase 1 for a while. And Lisa, thanks for the idea to add zucchini to the muffin recipe. I'll be trying that.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Lisa and KitKat.

I know some IP products have sugar, but the plan is designed that way so I was worried about "extras." I'll try them and see what happens.

Way to go Starshine!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 02-10-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #98  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Way to go Scorbett!! You are right that stress is only an excuse. You can stay on plan. I also believe that stress can affect your body and weight loss but it is usually only temporary water retention. Obviously you got through that okay to. Not I needed the boost today but you are proof that I can get through the next two days and time in an airport (a trigger place for me) without any variations from plan.
Yes you can!!! I know the last time you traveled you handled it fantastically, I am sure you will do the same this time Isn't it awesome to know that whatever is out of control around us, we can be in TOTAL control of this????

Thanks for the kudos everyone - Believe me when I say it wasn't easy toward the end (sleep deprivation was REALLY trying to talk me into eating JUST ONE OREO) but I am THAT MUCH stronger for not having given in. That's the trick I think - we win these little battles and bit by bit we take power away from the food. We are stronger, and the food is less important
Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #99  
Started IP 1/14/2012

Quote:
Yes you can!!! I know the last time you traveled you handled it fantastically, I am sure you will do the same this time Isn't it awesome to know that whatever is out of control around us, we can be in TOTAL control of this????

Thanks for the kudos everyone - Believe me when I say it wasn't easy toward the end (sleep deprivation was REALLY trying to talk me into eating JUST ONE OREO) but I am THAT MUCH stronger for not having given in. That's the trick I think - we win these little battles and bit by bit we take power away from the food. We are stronger, and the food is less important
It's true that once you've handled a stressful or sleep-deprived situation once and you can acknowledge your success it becomes much easier to handle it in future. I have just finished reading the chapter in the Beck Diet Solution about giving ourselves credit for what we've done right, not just beating ourselves up over what we've done wrong. This leads to more positive habits in future.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post

Way to go Starshine!
Thanks, Newbie!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #101  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Absolutely!! Scorbett, Congrats on this important NSV which turned into a SV as well! I love your last sentence. Our relationship to food needs to be the most important thing that we have learned on this journey.

Kit kat, good luck on your trip. You'll do great!

I'm planning for my trip to a conference this week on Wed-Sat. This is a biggie for me. It's in Sam Antonio and begins with a 7 hour van ride with colleagues, none of whom are on this diet. I've gon to this music education conference for over 20 years and it has always included wonderful food and lots of snacks and hotel receptions. This may be the hardest thing for me, even harder than Christmas when at least I could prepare my own food if necessary. But I will plan well and take RTDs and make muffins to take with me.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #102  

I'm so excited to see so many of you going into maintenance soon! You have been my inspiration throughout my journey. I actually believe that i might make it to maintenance one day!
Have homemade soup on the stove and making IP muffins for lunch.
Going to Wuv's meet and greet at her new clinic next weekend and I'm so excited to actually see people who I talk to every day!
Please take care all of those who are stuff in the snow. That blizzard is causing a lot of sore shoveling muscles
Old 02-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
I'm planning for my trip to a conference this week on Wed-Sat. This is a biggie for me. It's in Sam Antonio and begins with a 7 hour van ride with colleagues, none of whom are on this diet. I've gon to this music education conference for over 20 years and it has always included wonderful food and lots of snacks and hotel receptions. This may be the hardest thing for me, even harder than Christmas when at least I could prepare my own food if necessary. But I will plan well and take RTDs and make muffins to take with me.
Good luck, Joysh! You can do it! And have a great time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
I'm so excited to see so many of you going into maintenance soon! You have been my inspiration throughout my journey. I actually believe that i might make it to maintenance one day!
Have homemade soup on the stove and making IP muffins for lunch.
Going to Wuv's meet and greet at her new clinic next weekend and I'm so excited to actually see people who I talk to every day!
Please take care all of those who are stuff in the snow. That blizzard is causing a lot of sore shoveling muscles
You'll make it to maintenance, Maezy! And have fun meeting up with Wuv. That will be amazing to chat with people in person who are on here.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #104  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

I like to make frosting for my muffins. I mix WF chocolate, caramel or marshmallow dip in any combination and sometimes I put in some PB2 in. I also make brownies out of them putting them in a pie plate. A good combo is oatmeal and vanilla or cheesecake pudding with cinnamon and frosting with caramel dip and apple butter (warm in microwave to soften). A couple crushed soy puffs on top are tasty too!

Ok, I think I have to go make some now!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #105  
Reboot 9/2014

So because my phase-off plans got derailed by the blizzard, today was my first "official" day on Phase 2. I made a Steak Fajita salad for lunch (7oz beef roast sauteed with garlic and fajita seasoning, 2 cups green/red peppers on lettuce with a little WF ranch dressing) and I am STUFFED!!!
Closed Thread