3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Home of the 100% Vol 21

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #76
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Wow! Great planning!! I guess I should make some of those muffins to take with me on my trip! I'll look for the recipe later. Can you tell me which thread it's on?
I always lose track of which threads I find things so I copy anything of interest to my computer. Here it is (I added 1/2 cup zucchini as well to give it more body):
CRISPY CEREAL DRINK MUFFIN
1 packet IP Crispy Cereal (crushed)
1 packet IP Drink mix (Chocolate, Vanilla, Cappuccino), not puddings or ready mades
2 egg whites
½ cup water
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Sugar free Syrup (i.e. caramel, cinnamon, English toffee)
Dash of cinnamon if desired

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Wait a few minutes for the baking powder to make the batter thick. Divide equally into 12 portions (I used a mini-muffin pan and filled each one to the top). Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool and enjoy. One serving is ½ the batch = 1 IP product.

My progress photos: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ss-photos.html
Old 02-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #77
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I hear you on the hair loss worry. It's why I actually stopped IP before Christmas because I was really very concerned.When I look in the mirror, I see a head shot -- it's not a "full lengther" so I only "see" my fat in pictures etc. But my HAIR I see daily, and it's kinda my vanity -- not too grey yet. The crows feet are comin', the firm parts are falling, but when I see and feel a full head of hair, I feel youthful still. Seeing those "handfuls" come out was scary. I even started seeing a hormone dr. because of it.

Things seem better this time around, but I'm not as diligent, and losing much slower, but I think part of it is me holding back and testing the "hairloss" waters. It's one way to get the scale to go down, but I'd rather just have a trim thank you very much.

Let me know if the biotin works. I keep looking for it, but haven't seen it in the places I've gone. I'm going to a health food store next week, so will check there.

Congrats tho' on your great progress!
Do you ever shop online through well.ca? I have noticed Biotin sold there.

Here's a link to the source page. http://well.ca/searchresult.html?key...in+supplements
I've shopped a few times through well.ca and always find them very reliable, with fast delivery. I'm in Ontario too - I found their address somewhere on their website months ago, and seem to remember them being around Kitchener, ON.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #78

S/C/G: 269/203/170

Height: 5'7"

Thanks KitKat, I think I will try these!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #79

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I always lose track of which threads I find things so I copy anything of interest to my computer. Here it is (I added 1/2 cup zucchini as well to give it more body):
1 packet IP Drink mix (Chocolate, Vanilla, Cappuccino), not puddings or ready mades
2 egg whites
½ cup water
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp olive oil

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Wait a few minutes for the baking powder to make the batter thick. Divide equally into 12 portions (I used a mini-muffin pan and filled each one to the top). Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool and enjoy. One serving is ½ the batch = 1 IP product.
I just made muffins today with a drink and oatmeal packets. I liked the texture much better. These were very soufflé like to me and the oatmeal had more bread like texture. Both have done the trick for my on the go food.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #80

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Glad the day's almost over...had a bit of a rough go so far...we got 2+ feet of snow overnight and it's been a loooong day of shoveling.

Definitely had to add an extra non-restricted and I'm super grateful for unimited lettuce. Ate almost an entire head of iceberg today! Broke it off into pieces, dipped it in WF Bacon Ranch and chowed down

Hope everyone's doing well!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #81

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Glad the day's almost over...had a bit of a rough go so far...we got 2+ feet of snow overnight and it's been a loooong day of shoveling.

Definitely had to add an extra non-restricted and I'm super grateful for unimited lettuce. Ate almost an entire head of iceberg today! Broke it off into pieces, dipped it in WF Bacon Ranch and chowed down

Hope everyone's doing well!
Oh, wow, Newbie. Glad that the shoveling is over! Stay warm.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #82
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Ah KitKat -- you'll be in our snowy neck of the woods! If I lived closer to Toronto (and didn't have to be chained to the hockey arena this weekend!) I woulda come and had some muffins with you -- I would bring my own, not snack on your plane food! LOL

I'm not sure to say "good luck" on your interview but I'll just say - may your best decisions be easy to make. We wouldn't mind havin' ya in our neck o' the woods, but T.O. can be an expensive place to live.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #83
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Do you ever shop online through well.ca? I have noticed Biotin sold there.

Here's a link to the source page. http://well.ca/searchresult.html?key...in+supplements
I've shopped a few times through well.ca and always find them very reliable, with fast delivery. I'm in Ontario too - I found their address somewhere on their website months ago, and seem to remember them being around Kitchener, ON.
Thanks for the info. We drive to London once in a blue moon, so I should look that address up for a pitstop on the way thru. I want to make another online orders soon, so will check out the site. My "crowning glory" thanks you in advance
Old 02-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #84
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/124/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Kitkat, thanks so much for this recipe! I'm going to buy a packet of crispy cereal and a packet of oatmeal to try these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
I just made muffins today with a drink and oatmeal packets. I liked the texture much better. These were very soufflé like to me and the oatmeal had more bread like texture. Both have done the trick for my on the go food.
Was the recipe the same except for the oatmeal substitution?

Thanks to all!

Scorbett, I'm sure I congratulated you, but just in case.....

Congratulations on reaching your goal!!!! Way to go!!

Started June 14, 2012; Reached goal: March 19, 2013; Maintenance: May 2, 2013; 81 pounds lost!
Maintaining 1 year and 7 months!
View complete pix by clicking on my name!

Last edited by joysh : 02-09-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #85
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/133/133

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Kitkat
Scorbett, I'm sure I congratulated you, but just in case.....

Congratulations on reaching your goal!!!! Way to go!!

Same here! Congrats, Scorbett!!!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #86
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Quote:
2 egg whites
½ cup water
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp olive oil

I lose track too! I have things saved to my ipad and computer. ipad becomes easily portable to the kitchen for us lazy folks

I see the recipe says "not puddings"
I use puddings ALL THE TIME! Bannana/zucchini muffins are one of my favs. Blueberry was until they discontinued blueberry pudding. Since I'm not a fan of the Berry Yogurt, I just haven't tried it with muffins yet but I should...
My absolute fav was ProtiDiet Maple Oatmeal muffin (unrestricted!) but, alas, I cut out soy. I'm going to try vanilla pudding/zucchini muffins with maple flavor. We'll see if it is an adequate substitute

I also saw a recipe for lemon poppyseed. I bought the poppyseeds, just haven't made it yet. Sounds like today's breakfast!

I don't use the crispy cereal at all b/c of the gluten but I DO put zucchini in all of my muffins b/c I like the texture better.
I don't add any water to my recipe and I lightly saute' the zucchini first. I don't drain any of the zucchini moisture. I haven't added oil but I should try it. Also, I don't add any additional sweetener.

Just some other tricks I've developed along the way...and don't forget about the potato puree...it makes a great savory roll in those muffin tins! I usually make 2 servings of something for breakfast and 2 servings of the potato for lunch. Last time I baked, I made 4 of each.

On another note, I know a LOT of you got pounded by snow. I'm hearing thunder. Since it is 43 F this morning, I guess we're in for a thunderstorm. If we're not getting snow, we certainly need the precip after last year's drought. I bought some seeds for my garden the other day I'll be starting the spinach & Kale pretty soon & just cover on nites it gets too cold. And it won't be long before I start the tomatoes & peppers in the little pots I got to start them in the house! We have a small garden plot in our condo and I'll do some containers, too.

Last edited by lisa32989 : 02-10-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #87
Diane on track July 2014

I have some puddings I haven't used so am gonna go procrastinate writing reports one more time (these things are a monkey on my back and I HAVE to get them done TODAY)..... but there's always time for a muffin and coffee with friends
I asked in a different thread -- is there a way to save a particular post number other than subscribing to a thread. If I want to keep the biotin info, for example, is there a 3FC way, or do people just copy and paste onto a word doc to save fav. posts?

Last edited by IP43 : 02-10-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #88

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

I know some of you use True Lemon, True Lime, etc. I looked it up online and evaporated cane juice (aka. sugar) is listed in the ingredients.

Has anybody noticed their losses affected after using these packets?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #89
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

i have not noticed any problems. It is still a 0/0/0 product.

Some of our IP products also have sugar. Example: Caramel Crunch Bar contains Brown Rice Syrup and dextrose.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #90
Diane on track July 2014

Lisa -- banana muffins with zuchinni (really?) are in the oven lookin' all golden and poofy. Gonna admire them a sec before I take them out and they fall to the usual "puck" shape LOL.... I debated putting in a chunck of my restricted bar chopped up to add some chocolate/nut chunks but decided to go with the healthy zuchinni instead and save me bar for later.
My new favourite "appliance" (a la cheap) is to have bought some of those muffin tins that are made from that red plasic (having brain fart --can't remember the name... silicone?) Anyway it's all bendy, so I can get every last muffin crumb out -- no sticking to paper or my non-stick pans (that are very misnamed)

Post script: I will NEVER have a thread called "cookin' in IPs kitchen" unless it really IS a comedy post. These muffins TASTE good Lisa, but they sure aren't pretty! They sunk -- not to hockey pucks - but to concave pan liners! LOL Next time I'll add an oatmeal to see if that gives it the "base" needed to stay a muffin.

Last edited by IP43 : 02-10-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.