Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #481  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Okay, so .... I've been pretty swamped with traveling and real world 'reentry' so I've not had much time for the boards other than the daily thread but it's been getting me really depressed and irritated with all the whining. (Yeah, I know I went through my own minor whiny moments, but c'mon people!!!)

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm glad y'all are still hanging out here. :-)
Old 02-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #482  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Okay, so .... I've been pretty swamped with traveling and real world 'reentry' so I've not had much time for the boards other than the daily thread but it's been getting me really depressed and irritated with all the whining. (Yeah, I know I went through my own minor whiny moments, but c'mon people!!!)

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm glad y'all are still hanging out here. :-)
You can whine about re-entry if ya want! We all would if we were coming home from an island!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #483  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hey favorite threadies

Just wanted to thank you for being the no whine zone...

Carry on
LIKE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I can see things haven't changed very much with the opening of new threads....GEEZE....this is crazy!
My new policy is I'm not answering any more questions opened as single threads anymore, no matter HOW tempting the question,etc... If the only answer is "post in the daily" maybe the amount of new posts will slow down. Occasionally someone has a valid purpose for a new thread, but usually not.

Congrats on the success of the clinic opening week(s)!!! I'm going to send you an order as soon as I figure out what I want/need.

A few of you had asked earlier if I'm going back to Phase I as I went thru phase out to maintenance to buy some time on biotin/iron for the hair loss, and I forgot to reply. The loss does appear to be slowing tho it's still more than normal. So I've decided to stay in maintenance for 1 more week, then back to Phase 1 or 2 for me to get those last few lbs! I'm pretty excited at the thought! I'll do the alternative plan as it felt better for my body (hypoglycemia) after I switched and my weight loss appeared to be the same on alternative. I don't think it will bother me at all going back into 1 or 2.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 02-25-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #484  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
You can whine about re-entry if ya want! We all would if we were coming home from an island!
Thanks, Lisa! Yeah, the worst part about going away is coming back, and realizing I still have to work for a living. In my next life I'll be a famous underwater photographer and I'll be able to spend my time doing what I love - and teaching others - all of the time! For now I get to deal with petty office politics and a major home move that would be kind of fun if it weren't so stressful at the same time.

I'm thankful that one major area of my life that felt so uncontrollable for so many years is now [amazingly!] under control, thanks to IP and all of you. Glad you all are still here ... I think I'll be ditching the daily thread for awhile.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #485  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
For the first week of my new clinic we have a total loss of 45.2lbs!! I do believe this is great!!...hope all of you northern people stay warm and safe us southern people are getting soaked right now!
Wow that must be so exciting for you to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudithL View Post
Very cool!!! Hope you got some studying done!!
Well this morning I had a complete melt down. Called a friend on my lunch break to talk me off the ledge and she agreed that I need to defer the course to another time. Now to convince the college of that. Either way I just can't see myself doing this with the other stresses taking up my mind right now. I think it is physically affecting me now too. I feel better just for having made the decision so hopefully I can sleep tonight.

Quote:
Hey favorite threadies

Carry on
LIKE LIKE LIKE!!!

I had a hard time getting on the threads today between my meltdown and Internet problems at home. I managed to stay strong food wise. It was an interesting challenge today - my company created a national cupcake day to raise money for humane societies across Canada. Lots of cupcakes to buy at the office and some really yummy looking flavors, and of course for charity. It took me about 4 minutes to break down and buy $20 worth (8), which I promptly gave away to my staff and was not bit tempted to try them myself.

I've also made the decision to start phase 2 after my next weigh in. I think I'm as close to goal as I'm comfortable regardless of the scale number.

Tonight I'm in my sauna listening to relaxation music trying to calm myself before bed. Amazing how these decisions I've made today have stopped my obsessive need to clean and purge in my house.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #486  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
For the first week of my new clinic we have a total loss of 45.2lbs!! I do believe this is great!!...hope all of you northern people stay warm and safe us southern people are getting soaked right now!
That's really amazing Wuv! I'm sure that you will have continued great success. Love the pic with you and Dr T!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #487  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

KitKat - congrats on a few big decisions! Deciding to defer the course isn't easy but you want to be at your best for it, and if plugging forward was going to add too much stress to your plate, better to hold off until you can really give it your all.

And congrats on deciding to move to P2! You look amazing, and you'll do great!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:29 PM   #488  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
That's a good certification to have. My husband got his a couple of years ago. He's an IT project manager and late last year when he was looking for a new job all the job descriptions required PMP.

Science teachers were always my favorite when I was in school. They were always fun and quirky.
My DH is an IT PIMP too! LOL! I tease I'm about being a PMP. Sounds like PIMP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinkets75 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new to this thread and IP. hope I'm not posting in the wrong spot, I'm trying to get the hang of this site Anyway, everybody looks great, and its so encouraging to see all the successes. I'm on day 3, and starving! I haven't cheated, and besides being hungry, I feel much better today. Just wanted to introduce myself, and if anybody has advice on the best way to navigate that would be appreciated!
Welcome!!! Glad you joined us!!! This here is an amazing group of people who are over the top supportive, encouraging, and will even lend you a swift kick I the derrière should you stray!! Welcome and you will do great! Make a cup of hot herbal tea when you're hungry, it really works!!

Quote:
Hey favorite threadies

Carry on
Whining going on?? It's no wonder I ceased chatting in the daily. Lets all feel sorry for ourselves for a moment shall we?? NOT!! Time for a big girl panties talk?? LOL I'm HAPPY here. Sitting down now....kicking my flip flops off.....sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Wow that must be so exciting for you to see.

Well this morning I had a complete melt down. Called a friend on my lunch break to talk me off the ledge and she agreed that I need to defer the course to another time. Now to convince the college of that. Either way I just can't see myself doing this with the other stresses taking up my mind right now. I think it is physically affecting me now too. I feel better just for having made the decision so hopefully I can sleep tonight.

I had a hard time getting on the threads today between my meltdown and Internet problems at home. I managed to stay strong food wise. It was an interesting challenge today - my company created a national cupcake day to raise money for humane societies across Canada. Lots of cupcakes to buy at the office and some really yummy looking flavors, and of course for charity. It took me about 4 minutes to break down and buy $20 worth (8), which I promptly gave away to my staff and was not bit tempted to try them myself.

I've also made the decision to start phase 2 after my next weigh in. I think I'm as close to goal as I'm comfortable regardless of the scale number.

Tonight I'm in my sauna listening to relaxation music trying to calm myself before bed. Amazing how these decisions I've made today have stopped my obsessive need to clean and purge in my house.

Just plain old HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!! Nothing to say but 1). You're amazing. 2). You're amazing.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #489  

I haven't been around as much lately. Very busy at work and home. So just catching up on everyone's updates.

Still following 100%, but have had zero losses for 2 weeks in a row but trying not to whine about it.... (That's for you Lisa! ). Trying to stay positive, especially since my measurements have been going down. It is hard to stay positive, and trying not to think about it. I know the long term is that I will lose and continue to do so on this program! Sometimes the hardest part is changing the conversation that goes on in my brain, without having a big argument with myself!

So here's hoping for a big whoosh this week!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #490  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Congrats Wuv!!! That is great. They are very lucky to have you as a coach.

I haven't posted much lately, I have had a hard time figuring out what I want to read on here. I visit here and the daily but I have to admit I have been reading other new threads and cannot bring myself to post on them. Many topics would be better served on the daily. Thank you to those willing to help them out in a much nicer tone that I would.

I have been doing well. I have increased my exercise and am at the point where I am ok if I slow down with the weight loss. I played indoor field hockey yesterday for the first time in about 14 years (yikes!!) and managed to play the whole 50 minute game. I supplemented with an extra packet and egg whites. I really enjoyed the vigorous exercise but I know it is not the best for me right now. I am trying to figure out what I need to do, there is still a lot to lose but I love the fact that I am able to do things I haven't been able to do since before my kids were born.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #491  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Was this for the PMP exam? If so, I think you made the right choice. It can be a really tough one, and it takes a lot of focus and energy. It's really best to do it when you can really devote the time and energy. (I did the PgMP last year and was beyond relieved when it was finally behind me!)

Sleep well!!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #492  
Started IP 12/6/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Still following 100%, but have had zero losses for 2 weeks in a row but trying not to whine about it.... (That's for you Lisa! ). Trying to stay positive, especially since my measurements have been going down.
My coach always takes my measurements before my WI and each time there's a major loss in inches she tells me not to be surprised if there's not a big weight loss. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what is happening in your case. I wouldn't worry too much about the number on the scale. Your size and the way clothes fit - and how you feel - are what really matter.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #493  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
My coach always takes my measurements before my WI and each time there's a major loss in inches she tells me not to be surprised if there's not a big weight loss. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what is happening in your case. I wouldn't worry too much about the number on the scale. Your size and the way clothes fit - and how you feel - are what really matter.
Thanks Bubbleblower! I needed those kind words today. You are very right, how I feel is what's most important. And I definitely feel good, and my clothes are getting really big. I started 'retiring' some pants that make me look ridiculous because they're so big. Thanks again!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #494  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
I haven't been around as much lately. Very busy at work and home. So just catching up on everyone's updates.

Still following 100%, but have had zero losses for 2 weeks in a row but trying not to whine about it.... (That's for you Lisa! ). Trying to stay positive, especially since my measurements have been going down. It is hard to stay positive, and trying not to think about it. I know the long term is that I will lose and continue to do so on this program! Sometimes the hardest part is changing the conversation that goes on in my brain, without having a big argument with myself!

So here's hoping for a big whoosh this week!
You HAVE had losses in the last 2 weeks...losses of size (inches). It all counts. It's all good. The scale is not the only thing that matters. You can still be losing fat when the scale is staying the same. The whoosh comes next time your body releases water, too.

Congrats on your losses the last 2 weeks! Do the happy dance!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #495  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Its that time again....http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4646452
Closed Thread