Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Howdy IPeeps! Still cruising along growing a baby bump, almost 11 weeks now. I officially unbuttoned my pants today (secured with a rubber band) - I could still zip up the size 2s if I wanted to, but the waist is definitely getting a little tight and I am moving more towards maximum comfort! I spilled the beans to my folks, work, and running group - slowly letting other friends & family know before Facebooking anything. We find out the sex the week after next.
You continue to amaze me!!! Thanks for popping in here and updating us all, and inspiring us too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Well so I finally have a day off... work is busy and driving me crazy. Went and saw my family last time I was off and I am unsure why I was surprised but I know I was hurt at the lack of support from my father who likes to say well you may gain it all back....!!! NO REALLY THAT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME It really gets to me sometimes. Plus what has not helped is my week and a half stall in weightloss. Now before someone gets upset by me saying that, I know that a true stall is much longer but I am changing up me routine as I think after 5 months my body has gotten used to my food choices as I did not have enough variety. I am 100% and nothing is changing that but add up all the things going on at once can get me mad/sad/depressed all at the same time, not to mention my hormones are going crazy lately which all don't help weightloss I know. So to cheer myself up I went and got my hair done. I figure if I look good I will feel better....sigh
First off - DAMN GIRL!!!! YOu look freaking awesome!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW. Your new avatar pic and your progress photos are incredible! IP43 beat me to the awesome ta-tas comment!! You look great!!

Quote:
Thanks so much sometimes we all need that boost

I would love a message, but I will have to wait till I have time to get to the city to get one or maybe I could bribe my DH lol

I definitely will give my body the time it needs it was just one more thing adding to my little stress pile. It happens to all of us at times. Thanks so much for the compliment.

Sorry for my negativity ladies just sometimes you need support from those who are going thru some of what you are. I am also having 2 wisdom teeth pulled at the end of the month and the last time I had it done it was a long complicated experience with a painful recovery that no one expected and that is also stressing me out, plus I am trying to plan ahead for that day food wise as well as the worse case scenario for the recovery days. It will all work out in the end.
DH give a massage??? Are you crazy!? Nuts?? There is always an expectation there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
This is meant as a compliment so please take it that way -- with the BEAUDACIOUS TA TAS in your pic there, I think you DH is chompin' at the bit to give you a massage! That really is a lovely avatar picture
I was thinking the same thing!! Looking HOT girlie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
KitKat - good luck on making your difficult decision!

SOOOOOO I was too tired last night after work to post, but yesterday afternoon my Sister in law took me out to get post-blizzard supplies and while we were out we stopped at Marshall's. I decided to try on some clothes, since I really have no idea what size I am right now I pulled a few dresses off the rack in size 12....TOO BIG! Then I tried a few size 10's - a few fit but loosely, some were also TOO BIG! Then I grabbed a couple of size 8's that fit like a glove! But the kicker was that one dress I *thought* was a size 8, was ACTUALLY a size 6!!!!!

It's definitely cut big for that size, and I don't care if it's vanity sizing - I have a dress hanging in my closet that is a SIZE SIX!!!!!!!
Another hot mamma in da house!!!! LOOKING GREAT GIRL!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
omgomgomgomgomg!

I was just looking for a shirt to wear to a basketball game-watch with my alumni group tonite. I thought I had a long-sleeve white T that would fit now.

It does.

BUT

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I had a pair of capris in the box, from when I lost the 100lbs on Atkins 10 years ago. Size 14. I thought I'd try them to see how much more I have to go before they will fit.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

They fit!!!!

I started at size 24 ladies! That "before" pic in my profile is size 24W
capris.

The 14s fit. They aren't even tight. I'm good-to-go right now for spring.

Come on Spring! (of course I have 2 pair of capris and one pair of shorts, but what the heck!)

They fit!

AWESOME. TOTALLY AWESOME!

Quote:
HEY! I didn't even NOTICE the socks till you said it, then I had to go back and look just to see what I was supposed to be cheeky about! I think I'm gettin' a bad wrap here! (To be honest, I need new flooring and was admiring her HARDWOOD more than her toesies!)

Now I feel like I gotta decide if she's foxy soxy, or soxy sexy??hmmm...
I'd definitely go with sexy sexy....

Been a crazy super busy week!!! Just poppin in the say HI and send xoxoxoxo to everyone!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #167  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost literally spit out my Smooth Move tea.

As long as you're "spittin" the tea, I'm ok with that (considering the brand! LOL)
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #168  
Diane on track July 2014

Been a super crazy busy week here too (and it's only TUES!). Report cards are done WOOOOOT Wooot (not that anyone spends more than 3 min reading them after the HOURS they take....grumble..mumble...no one's listening anyway...mumble..)

I feel like singin' Cyndi Lauper's "Girls just wanna have fun" (cue the drums Rainbow!)
Family weekend coming up in Canada (holiday Monday for no other reason than to have a holiday Monday in Feb-- only good decision govt ever made) so lookin' forward to 3 days at home, and nuthin' to do!

P.S> Happy Pancake Tues! Had my IP pancakes for brekkie. How 'bout y'all?

Last edited by IP43; 02-12-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Amazing, Monica! What a change. You look fantastic!! Congrats!
Thank you so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
That's a great correction! It's whooshing off by the minute. Love the new picture series too. You can see such an amazing change in your whole body.
I am actually starting to feel the change that shows when I compaire the photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
First off - DAMN GIRL!!!! YOu look freaking awesome!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW. Your new avatar pic and your progress photos are incredible! IP43 beat me to the awesome ta-tas comment!! You look great!!
DH give a massage??? Are you crazy!? Nuts?? There is always an expectation there....
Thankyou Pattie: lol I got new bra's and the ta ta's are better off for it. You are absolutely right there would be expectations, going to have to go for the real thing I think. Maybe after I heal from my teeth removal and Sx.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #170  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Thanks starshine & kitkat.

Lisa congrats in the 14's. I see a shopping trip in your near future. ;-)

Anyone else noticing that their face is looking really wrinkly since started IP? Some times it really scares me when I look in the mirror. It isn't everyday, just some days I look so old and wrinkly.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #171  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

Anyone else noticing that their face is looking really wrinkly since started IP? Some times it really scares me when I look in the mirror. It isn't everyday, just some days I look so old and wrinkly.
Fortunately (?) my eyes need new glasses, so the "details" are escaping my notice right now, unless I get up close to put on my makeup or something.
I've decided I was born to use satin pillow cases as I'm getting "pillow face wrinkles" on one side. Sadly, the fates didn't hand me satin sheets, but good ol' wrinkly flannel.

My solution? Stop lookin' in the mirror
Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #172  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Lizz -- I'm so excited for you and the "bump" (I lovingly think of him as Tran now that I'm an IP Aunt for him -- let me know if it's a girl but to me he's Tran)
I didn't have a chance to be a birth mom -- had to adopt -- but I wouldn't have your energy for all that exercise! Is that much a good thing? Please know I'm not being critical. I just feel like I want you to "rest" and put your feet up. It's what every one says when you're pregnant "Sit down dear, rest, take a load off, let me get you a herbal tea...." Be sure you're letting people spoil you rotten while you can
It is recommended to stay active through pregnancy to help keep strong as your body goes through the changes & helps after recovery, but not recommended to start a new strenuous routine, which is why I wanted to maintain for months & establish a good running & weightlifting routine beforehand. Honestly, I am working out at what is a way easy pace for me now, which probably would sound crazy to pre-IP Liz (6.5-miles is EASY). The changes I have made was to cut my long run from 12 to 8 miles, cutting out my interval/hill training runs, and making sure i eat before & after. The Tue/Thu/Sat runs are my conversational pace, frequent water stop runs - no more 7mile, no-stop, run till you wheeze pacing. My Ob said to keep it up as long as I am comfortable, and since my back problems cropped up I stay Very in tune with what my body tells me! There will definitely come a time when the running will be on hold, but my Bodypump weightlifting class, with modifications, is stable throughout pregnancy (I also dropped my plyometric/boot camp/super high intense class).

Quote:
Liz, that is so exciting!!! Time to go shopping for some cute maternity clothes! When I first started to show I got button extenders so I could at least stay in my regular pants for a little longer - it's basically an elastic loop with a button on one end, you loop the elastic around your regular button and use the extender button to give yourself an extra inch or so in the waist
I use my thick rubber band as a button-extender...remember that I am cheap! Loop one end through the button hole and the other end around the button, I am looking (and feeling) SUPER bloated these days! I need to get all new maternity clothes too...all of my old ones are super, ridiculously too big, even my old belly bands may not work. And I didn't go nuts on "in between clothes" when I was downsizing so I don't have many intermediate clothes to fall back on. Poor Liz...more shopping to do!

Quote:
Well so I finally have a day off... work is busy and driving me crazy. Went and saw my family last time I was off and I am unsure why I was surprised but I know I was hurt at the lack of support from my father who likes to say well you may gain it all back....!!! NO REALLY THAT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME It really gets to me sometimes. Plus what has not helped is my week and a half stall in weightloss. Now before someone gets upset by me saying that, I know that a true stall is much longer but I am changing up me routine as I think after 5 months my body has gotten used to my food choices as I did not have enough variety. I am 100% and nothing is changing that but add up all the things going on at once can get me mad/sad/depressed all at the same time, not to mention my hormones are going crazy lately which all don't help weightloss I know. So to cheer myself up I went and got my hair done. I figure if I look good I will feel better....sigh
Sorry you had to go through that...but you and the girls look Fab-U-Lous!!!

Quote:
KitKat - good luck on making your difficult decision!

SOOOOOO I was too tired last night after work to post, but yesterday afternoon my Sister in law took me out to get post-blizzard supplies and while we were out we stopped at Marshall's. I decided to try on some clothes, since I really have no idea what size I am right now I pulled a few dresses off the rack in size 12....TOO BIG! Then I tried a few size 10's - a few fit but loosely, some were also TOO BIG! Then I grabbed a couple of size 8's that fit like a glove! But the kicker was that one dress I *thought* was a size 8, was ACTUALLY a size 6!!!!!

It's definitely cut big for that size, and I don't care if it's vanity sizing - I have a dress hanging in my closet that is a SIZE SIX!!!!!!!
Sexy Soxy! It seems so crazy how our minds work, you grabbed the 12s and were WAAAAAY off little lady!

Quote:
So far so good! I'm finding the switch to P2 was really simple. Yesterday when we were out shopping my SIL wanted to go to Applebees for lunch, and it felt pretty good to be able to have a regular (IP Friendly!) meal and not have to think about juggling a protein meal with a packet meal later. I'm OBSESSING about P3 though - it is definitely not as easy as LizRR made it seem to put together breakfasts that fit the bill, and I'm thankful for the time in P2 to get that sorted out.
Omg, hope I never made P3 sound easy....I went nutso myself, I think everyone does, going through trying to find combos that "fit". Eventually you find your groove...dont forget to post up your breakfast ideas in the thread! It's great to have the record to fall back on when you feel like an old favorite. I tried to be as clear & detailed, especially with the nutrition stats, as I could.

Last edited by LizRR; 02-12-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
It is recommended to stay active through pregnancy to help keep strong as your body goes through the changes & helps after recovery, but not recommended to start a new strenuous routine, which is why I wanted to maintain for months & establish a good running & weightlifting routine beforehand. Honestly, I am working out at what is a way easy pace for me now, which probably would sound crazy to pre-IP Liz (6.5-miles is EASY). The changes I have made was to cut my long run from 12 to 8 miles, cutting out my interval/hill training runs, and making sure i eat before & after. The Tue/Thu/Sat runs are my conversational pace, frequent water stop runs - no more 7mile, no-stop, run till you wheeze pacing. My Ob said to keep it up as long as I am comfortable, and since my back problems cropped up I stay Very in tune with what my body tells me! There will definitely come a time when the running will be on hold, but my Bodypump weightlifting class, with modifications, is stable throughout pregnancy (I also dropped my plyometric/boot camp/super high intense class).
Sorry you had to go through that...but you and the girls look Fab-U-Lous!!!
LizzR you amaze me I just had to say. Even when I get to goal I don't think I could ever say 6.5miles is easy, let alone any running and your pregnant! I am in awe
Old 02-13-2013, 07:19 AM   #174  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:

Sexy Soxy! It seems so crazy how our minds work, you grabbed the 12s and were WAAAAAY off little lady!

Omg, hope I never made P3 sound easy....I went nutso myself, I think everyone does, going through trying to find combos that "fit". Eventually you find your groove...dont forget to post up your breakfast ideas in the thread! It's great to have the record to fall back on when you feel like an old favorite. I tried to be as clear & detailed, especially with the nutrition stats, as I could.
It's funny, I thought of you yesterday when some of us at work were talking about running - one of my coworkers has a friend who runs 16 miles a day, she's a little nutty about it But someone else mentioned how the last 5K she ran, she finished next to a woman who looked to be about 7 months preggers! I completely pictured your smiling face crossing the finish line with a big ol' belly

Yeah, I TOTALLY misjudged the sizes. So funny how our brains have a harder time losing the weight than our bodies! I was still thinking it was a fluke, but then I found a pair of DKNY jeans in a size 8 in my "skinny" stash....yeah they fit very well. So I guess I have to retrain my brain to think in single digits now

Sexy soxy..you guys are too dang much!

You did an AMAZING job with the P3 recipes - it's a lot to live up to! But I'm starting to put together a binder of breakfast recipes that will work, we've always been a cereal/oatmeal/quick breakfast kind of family so it'll be a bit of an adjustment to cook more thoughtfully in the morning. Your stuffed french toast is going to be my first P3 breakfast and I can't wait!!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #175  
11/30/2015

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Nice WI's Monica, Alison & Lisa!

Scorbett I also posted on the what are you wearing thread about your dress. you really look fantastic, especially your arms and tiny waist. I still have really flabby arms so no sleevless dresses for me.

I flew out early yesteday a.m. for work, so have not been able to read and post on the threads throughtout the day like I normally do. Yesterday was WI for me. Down 1.8 which puts me at 75lbs total loss, I made it into the 140's and now have a normal BMI of 24.7.
Congratulations Ragdoll on hitting te 140's and normal BMI!!
Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #176  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

Me!! I've got wrinkles on my chin and neck where my double chin used to be. My coach told me that those would go away but at my age (51), I doubt it! But I'd much rather have a few lines than a big fat chin!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Quote:
Fortunately (?) my eyes need new glasses, so the "details" are escaping my notice right now, unless I get up close to put on my makeup or something.
I've decided I was born to use satin pillow cases as I'm getting "pillow face wrinkles" on one side. Sadly, the fates didn't hand me satin sheets, but good ol' wrinkly flannel.

My solution? Stop lookin' in the mirror
Yes I agree and feel that I look older. I use way more moisturizer now. I always think of this video when I do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCvHgppVey4

My DH has been consoling me and saying that I look younger but then he is also the one that said my leather coat looked fine all cinched in by the drawstring. The first person I met that knew me remarked on how big my coat was and that I needed a new one. Now DH has no credibility with me!

Last edited by rofl306; 02-13-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #178  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:

Yeah, wrinkles on my face that I'm sure the fat filled in before. It's like I missed the last 10 years and now my face has lines on it. I have curly hair, so now it's time to let it do it's thing and cover some of my forehead, etc. I also have some loose skin on my neck (someone described it on this board as crepe paperish).

I know my body looks much younger, and I'm dressing better, so people think I look younger, but it is a bit disturbing to see all those wrinkles come up. I'm getting used to them, and trying to stay away from people who use botox, and other things, as I can't afford it, and I know I just need to accept that my face is not what it was before, and this is aging.

And then just trying not too look too closely in the mirror at my face. Taking the whole package is a much happier image in the mirror.

I wouldn't trade the wrinkles for the weight loss though. And whatever loose skin I may have either -- still not sure on that one.

That being said, I've heard that the fat redistributes itself in maintenance, so I'm hoping it does that!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #179  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

I found something positive today - my goal weight is based on the BMI scale but my doctor has always said that is too low for my body type. Today I finally found something that said while my BMI still says overweight the rest of me is healthy. I subscribe to WebMD emails and today they sent a link to a BMI Calculator Plus. When I go through the questionnaire the results I see are: "Your BMI is higher than what's considered healthy, but your waist-to-tallness measurement indicates that you are healthy." I tried it with using the pants size that I think it vanity sizing and the one I believe is my true sizing and got the same message. I'm still working to lower my weight to normal BMI but this validates where I believe my low and high maintenance range will be.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #180  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactor View Post
Me!! I've got wrinkles on my chin and neck where my double chin used to be. My coach told me that those would go away but at my age (51), I doubt it! But I'd much rather have a few lines than a big fat chin!
Here here!
Closed Thread