Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Starvation mode is a myth. Seriously look at what you are eating and make sure you are accounting for condiments, etc and see what your calories end up.
I have never been able to increase my calories anywhere near my fitness pals assessment. I definitely don't take any credit for exercise calories burnt.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #497  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Becky: Are you tracking carbs? Maybe you could try eating lower carb in your calories? Have you tried increasing your calories as an experiment? Hang in there..this weight business does get frustrating.

Ishbel: your comment was too funny. I am doing the same..wearing a coat in the am and being hot later.

Momto2cs: You have reached one year of maintenance. That is wonderful!!!!!
I was wondering if you are continuing to increase your levels when you exercise? Do you think that your body gets used to a certain level and does not burn off as many calories?

Last edited by Maile; 04-03-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #498  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
I'm a little frustrated. My weight seems to want to creep up fairly easy. I have only had 3 fun days in the two months on maintenance and they have been very mild. I do one to two P1 days after. I haven't added very many carbs back into my night meal. MFP says I should be eating 1590 calories a day and I hardly ever go over 1200. I do Jillian 30 day shred or now some walk, jogs 5 to 6 days a week. Do you think I am in starvation mode? I'm afraid to eat more that I continue to go up. Easter I took it fairly easy and was only at around 1200 calories. I was up on Monday, did P1 and was up .4 more this morn! I did another P1 today so I'll see what tomorrow brings. Sorry for going on and on but I don't know what to do.

Scorbett is my only friend on MFP so if you could look at my diary and see what you think I'd appreciate it. One extra I do have is some SF syrups in my coffee.

Thanks gals!

I am really trying to figure out my maintenance, so I am not really full of advice, but....I think that the one thing I have learned from everyone on this site is that each of our plans in maintenance are a little different based on our body chemistry. I know for myself that carbs are probably more important than actual calories (I can eat more calories in protein and vegetables than in fruit and carbs). You might try for a few days and see if that helps. I also know that the guidelines on MFP are just guidelines and your calorie requirements may be lower than what is suggested. I think it will be an ongoing trial and error experiment for me, and unfortunately there will be speed-bumps along the way! Good luck and I am sure you are going to find what works for you and do well!!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #499  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
I'm a little frustrated. My weight seems to want to creep up fairly easy. I have only had 3 fun days in the two months on maintenance and they have been very mild. I do one to two P1 days after. I haven't added very many carbs back into my night meal. MFP says I should be eating 1590 calories a day and I hardly ever go over 1200. I do Jillian 30 day shred or now some walk, jogs 5 to 6 days a week. Do you think I am in starvation mode? I'm afraid to eat more that I continue to go up. Easter I took it fairly easy and was only at around 1200 calories. I was up on Monday, did P1 and was up .4 more this morn! I did another P1 today so I'll see what tomorrow brings. Sorry for going on and on but I don't know what to do.

Scorbett is my only friend on MFP so if you could look at my diary and see what you think I'd appreciate it. One extra I do have is some SF syrups in my coffee.

Thanks gals!
I found that MFP's calorie recommendation was WAY too high for me. The one day I actually hit that number, I felt overstuffed and gross. I hover somewhere around 1300-1600 calories most days, that's comfortable and seems to keep my weight in check.

A few things that might be the culprit:
- muscle soreness/water retention. If you feel soreness in your muscles, that's a sign you are retaining some water, which will show up on the scale. Shred is a tough program!

- Dehydration. I found that I was getting REALLY relaxed on how much water I was drinking, and had started drinking way too much coffee again. Now I do not allow myself another cup of coffee beyond my morning joe until I've had a full 16oz bottle of water. How has your water intake been?

- muscle building. If you're exercising more and building muscle, that weighs more than fat so an increase in muscle mass will result in a different number on the scale. That's good news! Have you taken your measurements lately, or are your clothes fitting differently? If they fit the same but your weight has changed, chances are pretty good you're just getting stronger.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #500  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, ladies for the advice. I do track everything on MFP except for WF and SF syrups. I don't eat very many carbs besides my P3 breakfast and maybe an apple for a snack. Most times I just have meat and veggies for dinner. I have been drinking more coffee. A couple of regular in the morn and decaf after that. I have been working on the water because I was getting a little lax on that and do notice a little retention in my legs. I was down 1.2 lbs this morning at 125.6 so it's better but I like to be under 125. I'll probably do some P3 days now and see.

Thank you for your quick responses. I don't have alot of time to post this time a year as I run my business and also work in a tax office during the season. But I do read everyday and have for the last year which has been a Godsend on this diet!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #501  
Maile

Becky: I am glad things are going better on the scale.

Kitkat: Have fun buying a new spring/summer wardrobe! I did it last spring and am happy that I fit my clothes this spring!

Scorbette: I am planning on measuring inches as I am sure that I am gaining muscle.

Epaprn: Those pounds will go down!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #502  
Maile

Momto2cs: Wow. 2 years of maintenance this April..sorry for the miscalculation. That is very inspiring.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #503  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Beck81 I got nothing for you other then what others are saying. Sometimes the excersise can play with the fluctuations and cause me anxiety too but then a week or so later I'm lower then normal and 'it's ok'. How much leeway are you giving yourself on the scale, it seems to me that all of us are different there too. My fluctuations are 5-6 lbs where others keep it to 2-3 lbs. It's all a learning curve with nothing to compare it to really.

momto Holy craparoons that's awesome, TWO years...Thanks for sticking around and posting what works for you!

knm I couldn't do that but I know momto does and it works for her. I think I enjoy my food too much to do that. I will subtract cheese or full fat dressing from lunch here and there, or choose to eat lighter on specific days (sole or fat free ham etc.) especially if I am planning on something 'big' - ie Easter I ate very specifically the week before. Welcome to almost maintenance!

My invitations came in the mail yesterday, my gf handmade them all....SUPER EXCITED!!! So pretty! Black with a pink ribbon around them with a sparkle buckle. The RSVP says "sure we will join in your fairy tale" or "no we will be sending best wishes from our castle afar" LOL SO cute!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #504  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Momto2cs: Wow. 2 years of maintenance this April..sorry for the miscalculation. That is very inspiring.
Thanks maile. It has of course had its ups and downs, but overall I have felt pretty good with the last 2 years.

I am continuing to work on adding more real foods and less shakes and bars. I can be very lazy. My current plan includes 3 small meals and one larger-all including protein and veggies and fat. I strive for at least 5 cups of veggies a day. If I over indulge I definitely revert back to phase 1 until I feel back to normal.

I am slowly starting to add in some starcher veggies on a regular basis. I will give it a couple weeks and see. Grains and I do not get along and except for an odd hamburger bun at a BBQ, I don't miss them. would prefer to keep them the exception rather than a regular part of my diet.

I continue to work out 6 days a week. Partly because I love it!

I have had to reboot a few times after extended vacations. I still have a bit of an all or nothing mentality. I'm trying to work on that too!

I think self discovery is one aspect of weight loss that ideal protein is missing. Anyone can diet...but then what do you do??! I see myself as a work in progress.

Anne
Old 04-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #505  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

Momto2cs: You have reached one year of maintenance. That is wonderful!!!!!
I was wondering if you are continuing to increase your levels when you exercise? Do you think that your body gets used to a certain level and does not burn off as many calories?
Maile- I have read that your body adapts to exercise just like it does to your diet, so it is good to continually "mix it up" by varying your exercise. It might be changing routines, doing intervals (or different intervals), changing reps, weight or even the order of your exercises to keep your body "guessing" and adapting.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #506  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Thanks maile. It has of course had its ups and downs, but overall I have felt pretty good with the last 2 yearMom,s.

I am continuing to work on adding more real foods and less shakes and bars. I can be very lazy. My current plan includes 3 small meals and one larger-all including protein and veggies and fat. I strive for at least 5 cups of veggies a day. If I over indulge I definitely revert back to phase 1 until I feel back to normal.

I am slowly starting to add in some starcher veggies on a regular basis. I will give it a couple weeks and see. Grains and I do not get along and except for an odd hamburger bun at a BBQ, I don't miss them. would prefer to keep them the exception rather than a regular part of my diet.

I continue to work out 6 days a week. Partly because I love it!

I have had to reboot a few times after extended vacations. I still have a bit of an all or nothing mentality. I'm trying to work on that too!

I think self discovery is one aspect of weight loss that ideal protein is missing. Anyone can diet...but then what do you do??! I see myself as a work in progress.

Anne
Mom,

I am with you I have the all or nothing mentality as well when it comes to food, its so bad, but I cant fix it, too many years of doing it. Thats why I really fear maintenance.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #507  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

closed

Last edited by Ishbel; 04-03-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Closed Thread