3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Reached goal...been in maintenance...need a short reboot... anyone else?

Old 02-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #76
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

patns - LOL - yes, my Friday was enough of character to last me the year .. the dog still smells a little and so does the house but all else came together just fine. My eye was a little red and I have a terrible bruise all the way up my right side from the fall, but ... It's all good now! Kind of ...

deelee - my social life while on plan goes down dramatically! And I have to laugh at the statement that you don't really like the girls unless you're drinking I have friends like that too, but I've basically pulled away from them. The only time I push myself to be in someone's company that I don't really enjoy is during work events .. Another benefit of being older

Maggie - so that's the sauce!!! Sounds yummy! My DH makes something similiar but we call it "ariabatta" sauce.

New goal is waist measurement! One dancer for each inch lost!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #77

S/C/G: 165/137.2/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Angie, I bought coconut oil too, and man was it beeping expensive! I cooked my veggies in it on Saturday and Sunday and I have to agree I really liked it.

Are you oil pulling with the coconut oil? or are you using a different kind? I had to look that up after I read a comment about it in the Coconut Oil Thread, I had never heard of it. I also watched a video on it, which I almost immediately regretted doing because I almost tossed my cookies (not sure why...)!!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #78

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies
Well...I finally broke 130....yay!!!! 129.4
Makes me feel like I'm on my way. Man....this really took a long time to kick in and from I've read, I'm not the only one. It's almost like your body got tricked once, but is on to you next time around!
OK...I keep hearing about this cellulite protocol???? Can someone tell me a bit about it or where to look it up? Thank you Ladies

maintaining since Feb 10,2011
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #79
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaM39 View Post
Angie, I bought coconut oil too, and man was it beeping expensive! I cooked my veggies in it on Saturday and Sunday and I have to agree I really liked it.

Are you oil pulling with the coconut oil? or are you using a different kind? I had to look that up after I read a comment about it in the Coconut Oil Thread, I had never heard of it. I also watched a video on it, which I almost immediately regretted doing because I almost tossed my cookies (not sure why...)!!
It IS bleeping expensive isn't it!! I paid $28 for a medium size cannister ... but I do like it! I put it on my boy's english muffin instead of butter when I made him an egg sandwich and he loved it! I also put it on my sauteed spinach last night! yum!

I'm using sesame oil (virgin, cold pressed, organic, etc) - not sure how you could use coconut oil since it's hard and it's difficult enough to swill this swill without it being warm! double yuck!

I didn't see the video on it ... it is a bit gross at first but after you swish it for a minute, the taste of oil goes away and it's not so thick. I can't really think about it too much or I'll yuck too ....

Old 02-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #80
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Hi Ladies
Makes me feel like I'm on my way. Man....this really took a long time to kick in and from I've read, I'm not the only one. It's almost like your body got tricked once, but is on to you next time around!
OK...I keep hearing about this cellulite protocol???? Can someone tell me a bit about it or where to look it up? Thank you Ladies

Good for you! I agree we can fool it once ... but not as easy the second time!

So the cellulite this is when you get to or around goal, and you want to do a complete clean burn to pop the pockets of fat left over (aka, cellulite) ..
It goes for 2 weeks, No restricted, 5 packets a day, none of your own protein, same water, same veggies ... They also refer to it as bootcamp I guess .

xolina and myself are on it now. I'm on day 1, she's on day 2 ....

Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #81

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Good morning all! So do all you Canucks have your toques on??? See how I did that PA is at 22 F and that's cold enough for me!!!!!!
So since Maggie brought it up ... I had a little romp myself on Saturday and (here we go ... TMI for some) - well, I just can't get that big O while on the diet!!! I noticed berryblonde posted that somewhere, and I'm wondering why that is! Dang - the only thing really good about my age is THAT!! Ugh! - (no not you Ugh ) just Ugh!
Heck we don't need the toques today as it is only -4 (24.8F) so we are actually warmer than you guys!!

Never had the issue with the big O, perhaps some shifting occurred with the weightloss

I just haven't had the desire lately due to the big C which I can't get rid of. This is why I have an avatar - couldn't imagine saying some of these things if people knew who I was

REBOOT Jan 14/13 - 19 lbs to disappear!
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #82

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
Hi Ladies
Tricked once!!! That is so it!

Make choices today that your future self will thank you for!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #83

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Heck we don't need the toques today as it is only -4 (24.8F) so we are actually warmer than you guys!!

Never had the issue with the big O, perhaps some shifting occurred with the weightloss

I just haven't had the desire lately due to the big C which I can't get rid of. This is why I have an avatar - couldn't imagine saying some of these things if people knew who I was
Well being a Southerner compared to you (can't say that to many people!) I have to brag. It is above freezing here +1 Celsius; 34 F.

I hear you on the big C. It almost drove me nuts the first time round on this. What helped was to cut the calcium recommended in half. I only take the potassium/ calcium supplement, not the cal/mag one. I take magnesium on its own and also take a probiotic. I also take krill oil.
This has really helped. Not sure which of these changes actually made the difference but I think the calcium is the culprit,

Make choices today that your future self will thank you for!

Last edited by patns : 02-04-2013 at 01:12 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #84

healthyangie I am doing a packet for breakfast, lunch, one in the afternoon, one for dinner, and then one in the evening as well. So I am doing 5 packets in total for the day as well. I hope your day 1 is going good so far!!!
xolina13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Well being a Southerner compared to you (can't say that to many people!) I have to brag. It is above freezing here +1 Celsius; 34 F.

I hear you on the big C. It almost drove me nuts the first time round on this. What helped was to cut the calcium recommended in half. I only take the potassium/ calcium supplement, not the cal/mag one. I take magnesium on its own and also take a probiotic. I also take krill oil.
This has really helped. Not sure which of these changes actually made the difference but I think the calcium is the culprit,
Plus 1! Jealous - course I spend the day in the office so I guess it really doesn't matter

I'll have to give the calcium a whirl, nothing else seems to work..... If all else fails I'll call roto-rooter

Old 02-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #86
Keeping it real!

xolina - I'm hanging in there .... stick around for me though, I might need to pull strength from ya!

Everyone with the big C - Senna tea! I ALWAYS have the big C and if I do anything drastic, the rebound is alway worse.... sipping on a little Senna tea (about 1/2 cup if that) everytime works pretty well!

Old 02-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #87
Keeping it real!

xolina - what veggies are you sticking with? Just the green?

Old 02-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #88

Quote:
xolina - I'm hanging in there .... stick around for me though, I might need to pull strength from ya!

Everyone with the big C - Senna tea! I ALWAYS have the big C and if I do anything drastic, the rebound is alway worse.... sipping on a little Senna tea (about 1/2 cup if that) everytime works pretty well!
So I just started googling Senna to find out where you can purchase it and it seems to have lots of health warning signs to go with it..... I'll have to give that some thought

Old 02-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #89

S/C/G: 229/212.8/175

Height: 5' 8"

Talking

Quote:
Good morning all! So do all you Canucks have your toques on??? See how I did that PA is at 22 F and that's cold enough for me!!!!!!

sunny - really getting down there! Good for you!!!!

xolina - this gives me encouragement that you actually feel better .... are you doing 1 packet for dinner or 2? I'm supposed to do 5 a day total.

Maggie - thanks for getting us into it first thing on a Monday Maybe that little romp revved up your metabolism! We can use this theory for maintenance - our men will LOVE that!!! New Rule "You must do a phase 1 day after a cheat day OR you can have a zumba session with SO and then have a cheat day - your choice"

So since Maggie brought it up ... I had a little romp myself on Saturday and (here we go ... TMI for some) - well, I just can't get that big O while on the diet!!! I noticed berryblonde posted that somewhere, and I'm wondering why that is! Dang - the only thing really good about my age is THAT!! Ugh! - (no not you Ugh ) just Ugh!

Unlike Maggie - this session was brought on my wine BEFORE hand, I'm such a cheap date anymore And I do smoke, so that's what I did afterwards ... I know, I know, I'm starting to quit again ...

Saturday I made my man chimichanga's cooked in coconut oil - loved it!!! I did have 1 and had wine. I was getting myself mentally prepared for today which starts the cellulite reduction plan. Like DeeLee, I feel so much smaller but the scale isn't really moving (or was that sunny?) Regardless, I will give this my all for 2 weeks and see how it goes. I don't feel that hard drive (well maybe Saturday afternoon I did ) - sorry, couldnt' resist .. to lose weight like I did that first time. I'm hanging on by a thread of will power here!

I also started "oil pulling" over the weekend .... very weird! You can google it for more info but basically you swoosh oil in your mouth everyday for about 5 -10 minutes and it's supposed to pull all the "bad" stuff out. I have to say that after 3 days my sinuses do feel better - in my mind? Maybe but I'm going to stick with it for a little while and see what happens!
Oil pulling does sound odd, BUT I'm just happy it wasn't put in the same sentence as romping...now that would have been odd!!!
Reboot: 12/26/2013 (at 212.8)

New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #90
Keeping it real!

thin - yes, as with anything meant to get things going, you have to be careful. What I like is I control the dosage, it's all natural and it works well. If you drink a good strong full cup of it - look out ....

Maggie - now that would have been odd!!! I think I can work that in to a conversation with my DH though - I love the strange looks he gives me

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.