Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #16  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

xolina - I would say hold off until at least 5 lbs away. Reason being is that it won't help much with the cellulite until that's all that's left and the body is forced to break up the cellulite to get at it's fat. Kind of like drawing from the bottom of the barrel ... I'm not sure if I'm close enough but honestly I'm really fine with my weight number and size, I just want those little extra pockets taken care of ... let me know what your coach says and we can compare notes!
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

xolina13 Hi Xolina!

healthyangie I love their unique personalities. They are all so special. The blanket trick your dog has is awesome! LOL!!! Love it!

I was going to ask for an update on how everyone's doing towards their reboot goal.

Most of you know I'm working towards my 3/6/13 16 night vacation to Ireland!!! Currently I'm at 173.8 so...

1st goal: 165 (8.8 pounds away)
ultimate goal: 160 (13.8 pounds away)

I do plan on taking Valentine's Day off for some Pizza with my DH... and then a few more weeks of P1 before leaving...

My DH is telling me my bottom is getting scrawny... Oh well, it will get even scrawnier..

Can I do minor exercises right now? I'm thinking some leg lifts to encourage some butt growth LOL!!! And some 5 or 10 pound dumbbells and maybe some crunches...Nothing severe...I use to work out a lot but not for the past 2 months...

Last edited by New Englander; 02-01-2013 at 11:32 AM.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:47 AM   #18  
Keeping it real!

Maggie - you know my story on goal .. I'm 3 lbs below original, 7 away from secondary but I switched that to be a 28" waist as the number doesn't mean anything to me anymore ....

You CAN do resistance training now as long as you don't get all huffy puffy .. my go to is leg lifts while in table pose - toes pointed and leg slightly turned out. Flex that butt and do 2 sets of 25 each leg. They really work! I also use a band for upper body and pilates style core exercises .. I have some personal favorites that I think work best, a quick google will work if you're not familiar with them...
Plank (core, upper body, thighs, back - all at once)
the "100" - core
the leg cross - modified with upper body off floor
side plank
To stretch out afterwards - tree pose (both sides), warrior pose (both sides) downward facing dog, ragdoll and child pose ... If the dogs want to get involved do cat pose too
Old 02-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 130/119/102

Height: 5'1

ok so just reposting this here being the other thread got closed!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning all
I am new here and new to IP..I hope its ok for me to post here.
I have been lurking the last fews days and I enjoy the banter here
I am starting Phase 1 today so hopefully carb headaches won't hit until tomorrow when I'm at home!! hope everyone is having a good friday so far
maryann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Maggie - you know my story on goal .. I'm 3 lbs below original, 7 away from secondary but I switched that to be a 28" waist as the number doesn't mean anything to me anymore ....

You CAN do resistance training now as long as you don't get all huffy puffy .. my go to is leg lifts while in table pose - toes pointed and leg slightly turned out. Flex that butt and do 2 sets of 25 each leg. They really work! I also use a band for upper body and pilates style core exercises .. I have some personal favorites that I think work best, a quick google will work if you're not familiar with them...
Plank (core, upper body, thighs, back - all at once)
the "100" - core
the leg cross - modified with upper body off floor
side plank
To stretch out afterwards - tree pose (both sides), warrior pose (both sides) downward facing dog, ragdoll and child pose ... If the dogs want to get involved do cat pose too
Sweet! Thanks Angie! Exercising with the dogs around is an invitation for them to play!!! Anytime we hit the floor it's play time...so I'll have to do a cat pose!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 130/119/102

Height: 5'1

regarding working out...
I do spin maybe 3 times a week and I do cardio step/kickboxing and total body workouts 3 times a week plus hot yoga so should I not work out this much?
maryann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #22  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello all! I'm not in maintenance but I've been lurking and reading all of your posts (partly for info and partly cause ya'll make me laugh). Anyways, I've been wondering how well I will be able to maintain and I've come to the conclusion that maintenance is like backing up a trailer...When I first was learning to back up a truck and trailer, I thought I just had to aim the trailer straight and back up...it took me a few attempts to realize that you have to constantly make adjustments as you back up...it will never just go straight! So I expect that I will have to continue to weigh myself (I do it daily now anyways) and make corrections as needed (i.e. P1 days). Does that sound about right?
mrskuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann21 View Post
regarding working out...
I do spin maybe 3 times a week and I do cardio step/kickboxing and total body workouts 3 times a week plus hot yoga so should I not work out this much?
I think you need an extra packet after your workouts. I also read working out can increase glucose production in your body...I remember being discouraged from exercising during P1..but there's always the other side with folks who are super pro-work out during p1 (especially if it's always been part of your daily routine).
Old 02-01-2013, 12:20 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/137.2/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Sweet! Thanks Angie! Exercising with the dogs around is an invitation for them to play!!! Anytime we hit the floor it's play time...so I'll have to do a cat pose!!!
Hahaha, Maggie, that is so true, I have 2 dogs, the youngest is almost a year old and if I try and get on the floor to do any kind of exercise he is all over me. Try staying in a plank position while you're puppy is licking your entire face!! Not an easy task!!

Welcome MaryAnn!! I was lucky and never got the carb headaches, but I do have this annoying metal taste in my mouth that just doesn't go away. Angie has suggested a mint oil to help, I just need to figure out where the heck I can buy it! As for workout, what has your coach suggested? My coach said no exercise for the first 2 weeks then I could add in some if I wanted to but that I needed to add another packet 30 mins after exercising.
MelissaM39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
So my morning - skunk sprayed the front of my house - puking (oops- vomitting) and eyes watering, the neighbors dog chased the cat up a pine tree - I fell from 10 feet on to the ladder trying to save him - when I finally did, he scratched my eye ... my house smells - my animals all smell, I have a headache and my ribs are bruised .... Why can't we get "do over" mornings?
Good morning!
Don't think you could have "made up" a better morning! Sorry to laugh at your expense but you brightend my day
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Hello all! I'm not in maintenance but I've been lurking and reading all of your posts (partly for info and partly cause ya'll make me laugh). Anyways, I've been wondering how well I will be able to maintain and I've come to the conclusion that maintenance is like backing up a trailer...When I first was learning to back up a truck and trailer, I thought I just had to aim the trailer straight and back up...it took me a few attempts to realize that you have to constantly make adjustments as you back up...it will never just go straight! So I expect that I will have to continue to weigh myself (I do it daily now anyways) and make corrections as needed (i.e. P1 days). Does that sound about right?
I think you've nailed it! Everyone's journey is different, you just need to figure out what yours is.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #27  

Good morning Thin!!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #28  
Keeping it real!

Hi maryanne! If those type of workouts were always a part of your routine, I think you can keep them but do need that extra packet afterwards. I've also heard from people in P1 that even when they were already in a routine, their weight loss was slowed, mostly in point with what Maggie referred to with the glucose. You might notice a big difference in your energy level for the first week too ... just in my opinion, I'd take a week or 2 off until your body adjusts ...

thin - I know right? As my mother would say ... it has been a character building day so far

melissa - any health store, or in a pinch, peppermint extract-preferrably non alcohol but you'll use so little I don't think it would make that much of a difference ...

mrskuby - I STILL can't back up a small trailer!! Friggin things are like squirmy worms!! I have semi good luck with our 25 footer, but anything smaller is just a jackknife waiting to happen I love the analogy! It's perfect and what I found while on maintenance .. adjust to your situation ...
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaM39 View Post
Good morning Thin!!
Good morning Melissa

We are a balmy -9.2!!!! Such a change from -40

Today is my "weekend" as we work 4 - 10 hour days. Think I'll have to head to our local Rexall and see if they have any Protidiet products as some people have mentioned, but even though it is nicer outside I still want to hibernate
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #30  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann21 View Post
regarding working out...
If you are new to IP you may find more information in the Daily thread - this one is for folks who were in maintenance and are doing a "restart".

To answer your question though, NO you should not be doing that much exercise in your first few weeks of Phase 1. You are not eating enough calories to sustain really hard exercise and fuel muscle recovery. Once your body is adjusted to being in ketosis (week 3 or 4) you can re-introduce some exercise, but you HAVE to add an extra packet within 1/2 hr of completing your routine, and possibly also a half of a restricted item before you work out if you are going to be doing something intense. You need to listen to your body carefully - too much fatigue, headaches, dizziness, extreme hunger mean you were working too hard and didn't compensate with enough extra food.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote