Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 10:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone,

So... Day 4 on IP.. and I'm STARVING!!! Will it go away? So far I've had the maple brown sugar oatmeal, my single cup of coffee with skim, and 2 glasses of water... I'm ready to eat something else.. I keep drinking water to help me feel full. I refuse to give up on this.. But I'm hungry.. any tips on what I can do?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #17  
Started IP 1/7/13

S/C/G: 252/220/152

Height: 5'2"

It's a BEAUTIFUL day today and I woke up feeling GREAT! I can't beleive it's already the last day of January!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Great Job Roo2! Congratulations!!
WI last night down 1.6 better than I had expected, was just not feeling it even though I was 100% OP. LOVE IP!! Headed to update my ticker!
Hang in there lcheech maybe some herbal tea sometimes the warm helps better than cold water.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcheech View Post
Hello Everyone,

So... Day 4 on IP.. and I'm STARVING!!! Will it go away? So far I've had the maple brown sugar oatmeal, my single cup of coffee with skim, and 2 glasses of water... I'm ready to eat something else.. I keep drinking water to help me feel full. I refuse to give up on this.. But I'm hungry.. any tips on what I can do?
My coach said in the first week it was okay to have a hard boiled egg if you were super hungry...I did a couple of times that first week also a couple of times of munching on cucumber. I added the sea salt to it when I had the light headed feeling. Not sure how many packs a day you are on, but I was told up to 5, which I thought was a lot. I managed to stick to three, but it seems a lot of people do 4 at the start. Good Luck. You can do it.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #20  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Was put on "bootcamp" last week, have hardly lost any weight this week. But gained strong hunger pains to where it hurts and I want to throw up! I think my body doesn't want to lose anymore, might be time to move to phase 2 tomorrow. Which is sad, I was really hoping to get to 140
Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 185/170/155

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Delicious lettuce I buy the bags of romaine hearts and when desperation strikes, I grab one of those bad boys and just eat the whole thing like an apple. It satisfies that "I gotta eat now" feeling more than a carefully chopped up ladylike salad.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #22  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

The first week you can have up to 4 packets, so if you need the extra one have it.

I try to have a couple egg whites in the am to help get me through until lunch time. You can also snack on some of the approved veggies, and just deduct that qty from your lunch or dinner veggie allowance.

It will get better. The first few days are always the hardest.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
My coach said in the first week it was okay to have a hard boiled egg if you were super hungry...I did a couple of times that first week also a couple of times of munching on cucumber. I added the sea salt to it when I had the light headed feeling. Not sure how many packs a day you are on, but I was told up to 5, which I thought was a lot. I managed to stick to three, but it seems a lot of people do 4 at the start. Good Luck. You can do it.
I'm allowed 5 as well. Suppose to eat IP breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks. and then my own dinner. Today I've made my salad for dinner a little more hearty. I've added spinach leaves, celery, and some olives which is not on my list.. but its 1 carb for 5 olives.. so.. i'm eating them. I'm also hardcore working out.. which is sparking my appetite.

I've also only purchased the basic food for this week. I've placed an order and waiting for different food to come in. So I can try some of those recipes from Mix In the kitchen.

Thank you for the support.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
I'm allowed 5 as well. Suppose to eat IP breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks. and then my own dinner. Today I've made my salad for dinner a little more hearty. I've added spinach leaves, celery, and some olives which is not on my list.. but its 1 carb for 5 olives.. so.. i'm eating them. I'm also hardcore working out.. which is sparking my appetite.

I've also only purchased the basic food for this week. I've placed an order and waiting for different food to come in. So I can try some of those recipes from Mix In the kitchen.

I was reading mixin in the kitchen last night for a long time. I felt hungry and got grumpy so read through those and looked forward to things to try. It got me through it.

Careful with the hardcore working out. Maybe you were already working out before, but its a big shock to the system right now. I was told to not even shovel my driveway at the beginning. Haha I'll take that. Not really ready to add in the excercise yet.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:51 AM   #25  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:

The olives have fat, calories and a lot of sodium. It's not just about carbs on IP, it's about the balance of carbs, fat and calories.

Your coach should have told you that working out is not allowed during the first 2 weeks. After that you can add back excercise, but it shouldn't be intense cardio.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #26  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Down 3 lbs at my WI this morning and feeling great!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
I have made it to Goal!! 119.2 lbs!!
Started Ideal Protein End of June 2012-January 31st 2013.
posted my story on Goal weight.
Good Luck everyone see you at Goal!!!
Roo2
OMG! That's AWESOME! Huge congrats!! You're a true inspiration!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Roo2
Wow! AMAZING. That is great. You have done so well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie12 View Post
Congratulations Roo2! Wi this am down 2.5. Hope everyone has a great day
2.5 EXCELLENT! Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
Congrats ROO2..that is awsome.
I had a WI last night was up 1 lb BUT it is TOM starting today and I lost in inches...I feel smaller so Im not letting the scale get me down!

have a great OP day!
Good to see you are staying positive. You know you are losing if you are OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by De11s View Post
Great Job Roo2! Congratulations!!
WI last night down 1.6 better than I had expected, was just not feeling it even though I was 100% OP. LOVE IP!! Headed to update my ticker!
Hang in there lcheech maybe some herbal tea sometimes the warm helps better than cold water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Down 3 lbs at my WI this morning and feeling great!!!
Ah, so good when you have a better than expected surprise on the scale! Way to go!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 PM   #29  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy All, did my 6.5-mile run this morning and a quick 3fc lunch break! Tomorrow is my OB appointment for my 8-week checkup and the first ultrasound...excited to get a peak.

Quote:
Roo2
Roo2!!!! Congratulations! That is awesome, what an accomplishment!

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
The olives have fat, calories and a lot of sodium. It's not just about carbs on IP, it's about the balance of carbs, fat and calories.

Your coach should have told you that working out is not allowed during the first 2 weeks. After that you can add back excercise, but it shouldn't be intense cardio.
Ditto everything that ragdoll said about the olives and exercise. As for any advice, lettuce, 2 egg whites, hot tea can help get through the day.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 169.2/159.8/145

Height: 5'6

Had my WI yesterday. Down 2 pounds. I'll take it. ;-)
Closed Thread