Old 01-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/29/3012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 AM   #2  

Good Morning! Going on day 6 of bouncing off the walls! The folks at work must think I am NUTS! Who am I kidding, I am!

So I tried several of the different search methods and came up empty. Anyone got any IP phase one friendly Veal Cutlet recipes? Wife and I are going to try veal this week and have never done so before.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #3  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy IPeeps! Feeling good after a morning 6.5-mile run and getting ready to start the day feeling great! Great updates from yesterday, i am a day late these days ..
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8

Today is WI -cant wait for this afternoon -- getting really comfortable with ip and having fun with packages -- today is pupping cakes =)
Dinie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 AM   #5  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good luck on WI tomorrow Dinie89!

Good morning! Planning out my meals for today - I weigh in tomorrow so that's when I'll buy my food. Down to the foods I'm not so fond of right now.

My office doesn't let us buy partial packs so I'm nervous to try too much that's new - $28 down the drain if I don't like it! And there was quite a bit in that first week's starter pack that I didn't like.
star19600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Have a great day everyone!
auroragrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Good Morning! Going on day 6 of bouncing off the walls! The folks at work must think I am NUTS! Who am I kidding, I am!

So I tried several of the different search methods and came up empty. Anyone got any IP phase one friendly Veal Cutlet recipes? Wife and I are going to try veal this week and have never done so before.
I've never had veal in my life, but I used the crispy cereal to coat filet of sole on Christmas Eve.

I separated the cereal pieces from the milk powder, crushed them up, added sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder and a little cayenne pepper. Dipped the fish in egg whites then baked until flakey.

I would think that would work for veal also.

I put the milk powder in my chocolate shake later since it contains protein too.

ETA: The "bouncing off the walls" will pass...you have ketosis to thank for that! Your body will learn to be more efficient with the ketones; you'll still have energy but not in that same intense way as right now.

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 01-29-2013 at 08:42 AM.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

I don't have a recipe for that but what I typically do is find a recipe online that is rated high and modify it for IP.

For this recipe you can substitute zuchini pasta if you have a spiralizer, or just skip the pasta part of the recipe altogether. Don't use the parmigiano, butter, wine or flour. If you want the cutlet to be breaded substitute the flour with one of the savory snacks that you crush up.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/e...ipe/index.html

Hope this helps!
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Good morning to all,
It's a snowy mess here this morning, so I have less time to read through this morning before I leave for work. I wish everyone a wonderful day OP. To those IPeeps in warm climates...I envy you all!
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #10  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Howdy IPeeps! Feeling good after a morning 6.5-mile run and getting ready to start the day feeling great! Great updates from yesterday, i am a day late these days ..
Go get them Liz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinie89 View Post
Today is WI -cant wait for this afternoon -- getting really comfortable with ip and having fun with packages -- today is pupping cakes =)
Having fun is important, keeps us from getting bored.

Have a great day everyone.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by star19600 View Post
Good luck on WI tomorrow Dinie89!

Good morning! Planning out my meals for today - I weigh in tomorrow so that's when I'll buy my food. Down to the foods I'm not so fond of right now.

My office doesn't let us buy partial packs so I'm nervous to try too much that's new - $28 down the drain if I don't like it! And there was quite a bit in that first week's starter pack that I didn't like.
If you end up with something you don't like, you can either trade here (just vump the trade thread bak up) or ask your clinic to set up a trade basket.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-29-2013 at 08:48 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #12  
Reboot Jan 2018

Happy Tuesday everyone! Made it into work extra early today so was able to catch up on what I missed yesterday (stayed home due to weather). I'm loving IP especially now that my energy is on the up swing! I love that it's so easy to follow and I'm not hungry. I'm happy to say that I've stayed completing OP since starting almost 3 weeks ago and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I have bought a couple of different IP foods that I don't like but I don't really mind having the same things every day so I'm going to stick to what I know I like. I can't wait until I'm allowed to start running again. I got into it late summer last year which is how I lost my first 17 lbs and even did a 5K race the week after my wedding in October but then had to stop due to a minor injury and then decided that running wasn't going to be enough that I needed to change my eating habits as well so...here I am happier then ever.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

After reading another thread, I'm dropping my 4th IP down to 3. Maybe that will be a trigger for a "Whoosh"
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:19 AM   #14  
Reboot Jan 2018

I was told I could have a 4th IP the first few days if I needed it....which I only did the first day.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #15  
Started IP on 1/3/13

S/C/G: 194/171/135

Height: 5'2"

I am really having a tough day. I am on my 26th day and until today I have had a pretty nice ride with little hunger and lots of energy but today is like a brick wall. Not only do I feel really tired but I am a nauseas too. I can usually drink 2 liters of water by the end of lunch but drinking water today is not good, not good at all. I took my potassium and even licked salt to see if that would help. I just feel rotten. I am coming very close to my TOM so there's that but it’s not something that has ever caused nausea. Hopefully this super tired dragging feeling will pass but right now I feel so gross. I think I have noticed that some people have tired experiences in their 4th week so if it’s normal, I am hoping it passes really fast.

Thanks everyone!

Ali

**Scorbett, thanks for the information on my chicken soup disaster yesterday! ;-)
Ali Williams is offline   Reply With Quote