Old 07-25-2014, 07:02 AM   #1  

Default Phase1 24-hr Travel Cheat! Help!

Oh this is an awful trip to Argentina already. I was doing so well and had 1-week's worth of food packed etc and had to check a bag I planned for carryon. Because of chaotic meetings and racing to the airport - I had only my coffee in the AM and didn't stop, literally until sitting on the first flight. At the layover in Atlanta I ate celery and soda water at the lounge but feeling nice and faint and ill, I broke into some of the candy I was bringing to S.America (special request) which I purchased for others at the terminal. After eating that like a fool (the airline had NOTHING at all carb free for the first 2hrs into the flight and I was very very late to the airport due to meetings), I decided to add wine to it and then finish off the candy! To make it worse, I get plunged into another fancy luncheon upon arrival and since my 24-hrs of h*ll started, I decided to just blow it for only 24-hrs and enjoy bread, wine, and more candy!!! Now it is a new day, 7am, and I will start again. I don't know how much damage I did - I dread it (and the hotel doesn't have a gym and it's not so safe here to run the streets at 6am). I'm really going to have a horrible time this week I see. The hardest part is the white wine 'spritzers' I used to drink when traveling - they were light and I would sleep better but on this diet the NO alcohol is a headache! I can give up candy/carbs/sugar but my nightly spritzer is a tough one. I've lost 8lbs in 2.5weeks and only 8 more to go but I'm probably starting over after yesterday. Any help, suggestions, etc. all welcome! Now to find coffee and no such thing as nonfat milk here either!!! The good thing is there is no shortage of protein and salads and fish...but munching on soy nuts all day is a problem because I didn't bring that many...HELP :-) Thanks!!!!
Jamiem4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Jamiem4 ~ Hang in there! take a deep breath and re group. You have the tools with you, you just have to use them. I keep telling myself that I won' t have to do this forever. Once I am thin I can actually enjoy all food again, but without the stares from people like "does she need to eat that". Things will be better when your at goal and feeling better. I have nightmares about my vacation and not being able to follow 100%. I think to myself worst case, I regroup when I get home...I will have 7 weeks till my next trip (a wedding in California) so plenty of time to get back on track and drop a few more.... Hang in there
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #3  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Leave the candy alone and just do the best you can. Honestly, if I were lightheaded and at risk of passing out in a foreign country, or if exercising is dangerous, I think I wouldn't stress about making a bad food choice. It's a new day and you are back on track. Eat the best choices that you can and don't stress.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Leave the candy alone and just do the best you can. Honestly, if I were lightheaded and at risk of passing out in a foreign country, or if exercising is dangerous, I think I wouldn't stress about making a bad food choice. It's a new day and you are back on track. Eat the best choices that you can and don't stress.
Argentina is famous for their beef - search out a place where you can get tapas and get some veggies done in olive oil (drained though) and some grilled meat. If you feel lightheaded you need to eat something a bit more substantial than candy - which will spike your insulin and cause a worse crash. Try to find a piece of fruit instead in a worst case scenario and some protein to keep your blood sugars at even keel. Get soda water, and muddle it with mint & lime for your spritzer. Hang on and take a deep breath. You will be OK... just do the best you can at each moment and don't do the 'well, I blew it so I may as well go whole hog" routine. Just work it one moment at a time. Next time you take a plane trip try to get a special meal ordered - if you are flying internationally there is no extra cost.

You can try some body weight exercises in your room - google or youtube if you have availability at the hotel.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote