Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday, 1/25/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #2  

Morning Lisa! And everyone else! First WI yesterday down 14lbs! Crazy!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, and Happy Friday!

I switched to alternatives on Wednesday due to financial issues. I've decided to weigh in on Friday mornings now, and this week I'm down 2 lbs! Hooray! Now if I can just get my legs to shrink some more, my new jeans will actually be comfortable!

Have a wonderful day everyone, and an even better OP weekend!

Last edited by loopers; 01-25-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/?/140

Height: 5'3''

WOW! 14lbs is fantastic. well done Dolomite.
I started the morning making Rainbow smiles blueberry scones using Proti thin pancake mix. I made a double batch and brought some to work to have as a snack. Delicious with WF raspberry fruit spread. Great scone texture.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Friday!

Weigh-in today!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #6  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy Friday everyone! I had a WI yesterday and down another 4 lbs so that's 8 in two weeks and 4.5 inches. Very happy with that. And went out for dinner with my husband last night (first time since starting) and was able to stick to the plan. Of course I would have loved to have a glass of wine with dinner but thankfully my husband only ordered water too.....if he had of ordered a drink I may have been tempted.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Wow! That's terrific! My challenge today is going out for dinner it's my dh's birthday so we are going out with friends. I have my wf salad dressing to go at the ready. I will probably have salad ( without any contraband of course), and maybe some seafood. Good luck and happy weekend to all.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #8  

Congratulations dolomite and cheeky skeeter!! Good luck at your WI today IPNewbie! TGIF. I love the weekends and plan to keep busy because if I don't it is hard for me to stay focused. I am great during the week though. Here is to another successful week!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Wow! Pretty incredible!
Aren't first-week WIs fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Happy Friday everyone! I had a WI yesterday and down another 4 lbs so that's 8 in two weeks and 4.5 inches. Very happy with that. And went out for dinner with my husband last night (first time since starting) and was able to stick to the plan. Of course I would have loved to have a glass of wine with dinner but thankfully my husband only ordered water too.....if he had of ordered a drink I may have been tempted.
Congrats on wi
In order to have continued success, it's about changing attitudes.
If nothing will tempt you, you WILL succeed and keep it off in maintainence.
It's all about deciding what is important.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-25-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wow! Pretty incredible!
Aren't first-week WIs fun?

Congrats on wi
In order to have continued success, it's about changing attitudes.
If nothing will tempt you, you WILL succeed and keep it off in maintainence.
It's all about deciding what is important.
Yes the only concern I had was my Blood Pressure went up and is pretty high. My coach said not to worry about that but when I spoke with my brother who has high blood pressure and is on meds, plus was a paramedic, he said that I am high enough to warrant medication. Going to try and schedule my next WI/Consultation with the ownser of the clinic, she's a RN. Was wondering if the sea salt had anything to do with it, I haven't used salt on prepared meals since I was a teenager.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Nice job! And it will get easier to stick OP even when people around you throw temptations in your path. Every time you get through something like that and stay on plan, it's a victory! Those little wins add up, and empower you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
Wow! That's terrific! My challenge today is going out for dinner it's my dh's birthday so we are going out with friends. I have my wf salad dressing to go at the ready. I will probably have salad ( without any contraband of course), and maybe some seafood. Good luck and happy weekend to all.
You've got the tools, just gotta put them to work! Remember to make sure they know not to cook anything on the grill with butter - dry grill or oil grilled. Restaurants have this nasty habit of buttering EVERYTHING!

Been a crazy couple of days, but I got through the worst of it this week and today I get to start my first quilt with my mother in law! My hubby's grandmother (her mom) was a big quilter, MIL does some amazing work too - I'm looking forward to spending time with her and learning a new skill!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

poppyleigh

Just finished my first week on IP, 11.5 pounds gone! Can't believe it

This was the last post from yesterday's Daily Thread, so most of us never saw it.
Congratulations Poppyleigh!!! Great first weigh in!
Believe it!!! This plan works!! Stay 100% OP and come here daily for support. You can do it!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Happy Friday to all! Down 16 pounds in 13 days (love the dramatic IP starts).

Congratulations to all on your losses!!! I realized this week that I am not physically hungry anymore. However, at times, I am psychologically hungry and that is the worst to get over. I had my dinner last night and was satisfied, sipping tea. My husband came home from work late last night and brought home some Chinese take out...I visited with him while he ate and noticed I was getting really tempted. I kept thinking, "you are not hungry. if you were truly hungry, then you would get some lettuce and eat that."

I am glad that I am recognizing the difference between actual hunger and cravings. The first time I was on IP, I felt "punished" and sorry for myself while I watched others indulge in rich foods. It is difficult for me but I am determined to conquer my food issues this time around and get healthy for life!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #14  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Fantastic WIs today! Congrats to all of you!

Dolomite - be sure you're drinking enough water every day. The packets have a fair amount of sodium, plus the extra we need to add to our food, so drinking at least 8 glasses of water each day is a must. Keeps things balanced. I was taking bp meds when I started IP, but was able to go off them completely within 2 weeks of starting IP.

Scorbett - I'm so jealous you're learning how to quilt! I've wanted to do that for a long time, but have neck issues, so can't tip my head down for long periods of time anymore. Enjoy!

Lisa - as usual, you're so full of wisdom! Have a great weekend!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #15  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Congrats all on the great WIs! I can tell these last pounds are going to be the toughest for me to shed. I know I'll get it done, but I fully expect that it may take me another month til I'm ready to move to Phase II.

On the plus side, I'll be diving for another two weeks next month, so maybe the increased daily activity (with an extra packet like last time) will help to spur things along.

Have a great day, everyone!
Closed Thread