Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #16  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Eat a steak ... It is still OP and won't throw you out of ketosis like the Mexican food will, but has enough fat to let your body know there is no famine. Lots of folks have reported that a steak works for them.
+1

I'm also with Scorbett, lisa, and amandie. Your coach is way off base. Your results are outstanding! Keep it up!!
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

There must be some instruction from corporate to absolutely push people to a race to the bottom. This is wrong. Even a 1 lb loss a week is perfect. It gives your body time to adjust.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I posted the link from Dr. Tran on what to do if you slip up one day, and it seems like one day isn't going to be enough to do too much damage. I wouldn't take this as a free card to cheat, but here's the info on what to do if you slip up one day.
I don't know if your coach's advice is good or bad. I know some people may need to do something to shake things up. My only word of caution, from someone who "fell off the wagon" is that once you start having "just a little cheat" it really is hard to get back 100% OP.

How to Handle a slip up:
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article254
Was the Doctor talking about a little slip while in maintenance or Phase 1? What you posted above is his response to a slip for maintenance and I don't know if it's also for P1. From what I've learned and read over the time I've been involved with IP I believe it's not for p1.

I know that folks move to P3 (short term) to "shake things up". There are many folks who have slow loses or no loses. I've never heard a person "cheating" to kick start it again. Not saying it doesn't work...just never read about it being the best remedy.

Good luck!

EDIT: I went back and read the link: THAT IS FOR MAINTENANCE and not P1!!! (Don't mean to YELL..just want to make sure this is seen...)

Last edited by New Englander; 01-25-2013 at 10:09 AM.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjones View Post
That is for P4 - Maintenance.
Oh, it's already been told that it's for P4!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I'm not going to type this out again but I would suggest you read this post.

The reason your coach says many clients lose after a cheat is because water is retained for many reasons and women have thier own special reasons we men don't enjoy ... but a big reason is stress. You eat a cheat meal, you relax and your body relaxes and you drop the water.

That said - of course a cheat meal will kick you out of ketosis if you ingest enough carbs. On the other hand ketosis doesn't really matter for fat loss.

Personally, if I was paying $$$$ to follow the IP program, I would stick with the protocol and not cheat. Besides - I care about fat loss - not weight loss.

You may also benefit from reading this article.
John,
I LOVE your posts. They are rich in valuable information and thought provoking references. Thank you for the time you give us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
The discipline of this diet does actually matter. It really burns my buns when coaches rewrite the program for whatever reason.
I agree with Scorbett. Stick with the tried and true protocol and if you need to shake it up, do it within the program. For example, I'll occasionally eat eggs with veggies for dinner and almost always see a weight loss in the next day or two. Why? Who knows, as mentioned above, so many variables involved in weight loss.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone,

My name is Lexi, I am 32 years old. I have been on IP for 8 weeks in my own, no coach. I bought the products and supplements online, many thanks to all of you on ths website. I have been reading allot of your posts and they have helped me tremendously I have recently run into a major issue. I have been losing tons of hair this past week, of which i didnt have allot of to begin with. I am really depressed about this. My starting weight was 154lbs, i am down to 131 lbs, and in Phase I. I want to lose 10 more lbs due to the fact that I am only 5 foot 2 inches. My dilemma is, should i continue to do Phase I even though im losing hair, will I lose more? I have my brothers wedding in a month and i dint want to be balding......or do I go to Phase 2?
Or do I just start eating a regular 1200 calorie diet and exercise program, will I gain weight back if I start my own diet and exercise program from Phase I. I am pretty confused and upset. I knew this diet was a really bad idea and now i know why My body has not reacted well to this from the beginning.
Please help......
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #22  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexiChanel1 View Post
Hi everyone,

My name is Lexi, I am 32 years old. I have been on IP for 8 weeks in my own, no coach. I bought the products and supplements online, many thanks to all of you on ths website. I have been reading allot of your posts and they have helped me tremendously I have recently run into a major issue. I have been losing tons of hair this past week, of which i didnt have allot of to begin with. I am really depressed about this. My starting weight was 154lbs, i am down to 131 lbs, and in Phase I. I want to lose 10 more lbs due to the fact that I am only 5 foot 2 inches. My dilemma is, should i continue to do Phase I even though im losing hair, will I lose more? I have my brothers wedding in a month and i dint want to be balding......or do I go to Phase 2?
Or do I just start eating a regular 1200 calorie diet and exercise program, will I gain weight back if I start my own diet and exercise program from Phase I. I am pretty confused and upset. I knew this diet was a really bad idea and now i know why My body has not reacted well to this from the beginning.
Please help......
Hair loss can be a side effect of dieting--happened to me on Nutrisystem years ago and somewhat on IP. Be absolutely sure you are getting 8 oz of protein at dinner and getting in all the packets. Be absolutely sure you are taking the IP vitamins. Now, search this board for "hair loss" and you will come up with the threads that recommend taking biotin and some other products. Consider getting your thyroid checked. If you don't want to deal with it, be sure to phase off properly. Consider doing P4 at a 1200 calorie level. Also, consider getting your thyroid checked. The hair typically comes back healthier. Hopefully the more tech savvy will provide you with the links to those threads.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #23  

Default Thanks

Thank you for your reply I already read the thread on hair loss. Im just not so sure I should continue Phase I if im losing lots of hair Ive been losing consistently and eating everything and taking supplements, but I am really concerned about my hair;( I should probably Phase off but I am nt prepared to gain weight back.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #24  

Quote:
Thank you for your reply I already read the thread on hair loss. Im just not so sure I should continue Phase I if im losing lots of hair Ive been losing consistently and eating everything and taking supplements, but I am really concerned about my hair;( I should probably Phase off but I am nt prepared to gain weight back.
Have you thought about getting an IP coach?
Some are at Dr offices and the doc can give input into what is going on
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #25  

I had one in the beginning and he sucked..... it was a man and the WI's were suoer awkward. The next center is 60 miles away. I have three kids under 5
Old 01-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #26  

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Please help......
You're losing hair due to rapid weight loss. All weight loss programs cause this (when a person loses weight quickly). Most likely it will continue to come out until you go into maintaining your weight. If you phase off now and work on losing the extra 10 pounds by eating mindfully healthy you can probably lose more. After the wedding jump back on and start again. During month three I began to lose hair...never quite bald but a ton was coming out. It's about four inches long where I lost it...

So, if it's super depressing consider stopping. Honestly though I don't recall anyone on here saying they looked bald...maybe just a little thinner. I know with me I noticed it more than anyone...no one even noticed.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #27  

Here's one thread I found. If it doesn't appear as a link just cut and paste into your browser...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...hair-loss.html
Old 01-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #28  

Default Thank you

New Englander,

You are very sweet! Thank you for caring and responding. I have worked so hard to lose this weight. I am scared that if i start my own diet i will gain weight back due to the chemical balance that IP switches the body to. I definitely have to do a low carb diet right? How many carbs a day do you think? You are so nice t have helped me. I had a baby 10 months ago and I was stuck in the 150's. Finally got to the 130's and I dont want to mess it uo beacuse im still carrying allot of weight in my tummy, my waist measures 34inches. So i need to lose still;(
Old 01-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #29  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
New Englander,

You are very sweet! Thank you for caring and responding. I have worked so hard to lose this weight. I am scared that if i start my own diet i will gain weight back due to the chemical balance that IP switches the body to. I definitely have to do a low carb diet right? How many carbs a day do you think? You are so nice t have helped me. I had a baby 10 months ago and I was stuck in the 150's. Finally got to the 130's and I dont want to mess it uo beacuse im still carrying allot of weight in my tummy, my waist measures 34inches. So i need to lose still;(
Have you ever had your thyroid checked? I was losing a lot of hair 9 months after my youngest was born (and had bad fatigue, constipation, muscle aches...). Turned out it was hypothyroidism, which also contributed to my difficulty losing weight. I have also had some additional hair loss since starting IP, but I take a Biotin supplement every morning and it has gotten a little better. I don't worry because I know THAT hair loss will grow back

As far as switching to a different diet, IP does NOT change your body chemistry or make you unable to follow other diet plans. You just need to phase off properly before switching to a different plan if it has carbs. If it's not working well for you, you may want to talk to your doctor and see if they can hook you up with a dietician - they can help you create a workable diet plan and are usually covered by your insurance.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 01-25-2013 at 05:29 PM.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #30  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

Look, my two cents here (and take it for that I'm still new to this relatively speaking) try eating some fattier protein tonight and then in two days. It'll tell your body there is no reason to worry that you're not getting enough food. Steak. Fattier pork (if you eat it). Try that first.
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote