Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #1  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Default Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 9

Welcome to the Vol. 9 home of Fabulous at Fifty + !!
started by DanafromAustin

This is the place to share our thoughts, ideas, challenges, frustrations, and most importantly our joy of being 50+
LOVIN' LIFE and on IP. Welcome everyone!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-24-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #2  
Feed Your Freedom

woohoo ladies..time for a new thread!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-24-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post

Now that I am heading to smaller sized clothes, I think my crazy dormant fashionista side is coming out. Do/did any of you go nuts with clothes even if they weren't necessarily age appropriate??
I don't mean daisy dukes and bikinis but I want to experience fashion I like, and don't want to look like a fool. GWIM??
For example, I am obsessed with cowboy boots. Damm, County Outfitters ads on FB. I live in NE. Would I look like a total idiot if I ever got cowboy boots and wore them with a skirt or shorts???
XOXOXOX
GO FOR IT!!! life is way way way too short.....to not enjoy the things that make you FEEL HAPPY!!! i have always been a person who dresses to the beat of her own heart....it feels good!! IT FEELS GREAT!!! clothes can really make you feel younger, prettier, bouncier!! WEAR THOSE BOOTS GF!!!!!!!!!! and post up a photo!! wear them PROUD!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #4  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

I can't quote from the previous thread as rainbow has closed it.

Barb, where in Georgia might you be sent? I'm in Georgia and would love to try to catch up with you while you're here. Let me know.

I feel for those up in the cold. It's in the 60s here. This will probably be my last southern winter.

I see we have some new posters. I feel for you trying to keep up with all of the threads. I quit and stick with this and the 100% thread. Don't get discouraged, at least come here we're sanely insane.

Ninjanurse, go for it. I can't wear boots with the adema problems in my legs, but I love anything studded and embroidered.

NSV got comfortably into jeans I could not get past my thighs about 6 weeks ago. I've only lost about 10# in that time. Still sculpting, I guess.
Molly
Old 01-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #5  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Barb, where in Georgia might you be sent? I'm in Georgia and would love to try to catch up with you while you're here. Let me know.

I feel for those up in the cold. It's in the 60s here. This will probably be my last southern winter.

I see we have some new posters. I feel for you trying to keep up with all of the threads. I quit and stick with this and the 100% thread. Don't get discouraged, at least come here we're sanely insane.

Ninjanurse, go for it. I can't wear boots with the adema problems in my legs, but I love anything studded and embroidered.

NSV got comfortably into jeans I could not get past my thighs about 6 weeks ago. I've only lost about 10# in that time. Still sculpting, I guess.
Molly
Hi Molly. I'd be in Augusta if I am approved, but not sure how long I'd be there, etc. It's just in a "maybe" stage of planning. I usually get sent once a year for one thing or another, so we'll see. Congratulations on the jeans fitting! I tried on one of those fancy dresses of my sisters, and it shows more of my tattoo than I would want to show at a fancy event, but it fits! Wow, that was just back in December trying it on. There was no way it was fitting. Hmmm maybe I will get into those size 16's by mid February.... I'll just stick to the plan and we'll see

Ninjanurse - I agree with the others here - wear what makes you happy! Me? I'm sporting a pink camo hoodie lately. Not really age appropriate at all, but I like it :-) Guess I'm dressing down rather than up lol - but it's fun.

Thanks for opening the thread Susan
Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #6  
Feed Your Freedom

molly...and barb....we just have to make a meeting happen when barb is this way!!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I can't quote from the previous thread as rainbow has closed it.

Molly
Yea Molly sexy fitting jeans!

to cactus flower, side jäger and gmadi, welcome to our family, I have been on IP since August and this is my home for sure, but as Molly said go surfing and looking around so much to take in and good Recipies and advice.

Jampooh, awesome another 2.5 that's a great loss, and if you try MFP I'll be one of your friends there I go by tkvdragonfly and it has my picture, I have been using MFP instead of my book for about 2 months.

Ninja nurse, wear the BOOTS!

All you other ladies saying HI!

WI today was down 1, my rings are a little tight so doc said I was retaining water and he gave me a big o,l explaining, I have been eating some higher carb vegetables and a few too many restricteds for the week and although I'm still in ketosis it's enough to make you're liver react and hold on to more sodium, anyway it's all good it will all catch up as long as I keep on keeping on!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #8  
Feed Your Freedom

only 23 more pounds to goal!!!
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #9  

NINJANURSE!!! go for it!!!! I'm trying to get to a decent size by Bayou Country superfest on Memorial day weekend to wear a cute jeans skirt and cowboy boots! yes country outfitters is making it difficult for me to avoid as well!!!! Hope everyone is having s great day today
Friday is around the corner!!! WOOHOO!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #10  
Becky

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone
I would like to join you. I am 60 and 21?2 years ago I lost 30 lbs on IP and I went crazy for new clothes. It was so fun. I started back on Jan 4 and have 10 lbs off and getting that itch to go shopping again.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #11  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

I had a nice NSV last night - I was at a training session for Master Gardeners in my county, and I was looking at the shirts that they had for sale at the break. I told the lady that was selling them that I wanted a light green one, and she said "OK, fill out the order form - what size do you take, small?"

OMG someone thought I was a size small! Not really even close to that, but OMG! Made my day!!

I have been buying clothes kind of out of necessity, because after you lose 66.8 pounds nothing fits, not even underwear. I share the concern about dressing too young. It has been so long since I have worn clothes that can even be remotely considered fitted, I'm just not even sure what I am supposed to look like, if that makes sense. Since I still have a ways to go with my weight loss, I am reluctant to buy anything too expensive or too many clothes at one particular size.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much for the very warm welcome...I am starting week 4 and enjoying the results and the program and the feeling of control if that makes any sense It is just that I spent years and years waking up every single morning planning on following some program yet never even making it through the day! I try not to think about all the wasted time and just look forward

Hope you all have a wonderful evening. I am currently in the frigid northeast but very much looking forward to a move in about 2 months to the toasty southwest
Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #13  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the new folks - Becky, cactusflower, and any others that I missed. Lots of new people lately - should keep things interesting!

Barb - congrats on the jeans!

Been so busy, I forgot to report that I bought a new suit for work this weekend, and the pants were size 6!! I have been maintaining for 2 months now in a very narrow range, so this was a surprise. I am happy to be an 8, but it still felt nice! Still wish I would lose more in the top, but it's looking like that's not meant to be... Anyhow, I should be ready for my upcoming job interview.

Last edited by Lizzy63; 01-24-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good luck Lizzy on the Interview & congrats on the New size 6 suit, awesome
Old 01-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjwebb View Post
Hi everyone
I would like to join you. I am 60 and 21?2 years ago I lost 30 lbs on IP and I went crazy for new clothes. It was so fun. I started back on Jan 4 and have 10 lbs off and getting that itch to go shopping again.
Hi beckyjwebb welcome to our family, you will love it here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
I had a nice NSV last night - I was at a training session for Master Gardeners in my county, and I was looking at the shirts that they had for sale at the break. I told the lady that was selling them that I wanted a light green one, and she said "OK, fill out the order form - what size do you take, small?"

OMG someone thought I was a size small! Not really even close to that, but OMG! Made my day!!

I have been buying clothes kind of out of necessity, because after you lose 66.8 pounds nothing fits, not even underwear. I share the concern about dressing too young. It has been so long since I have worn clothes that can even be remotely considered fitted, I'm just not even sure what I am supposed to look like, if that makes sense. Since I still have a ways to go with my weight loss, I am reluctant to buy anything too expensive or too many clothes at one particular size.
Oh girl I here you about waiting to get anything new, most of my cloths I'm pretty much swimming in, all I have gotten are 2 pants and 2 shirts, almost afraid not sure why but I really need to get over being afraid to get rid of all these, I kinda look pitiful so my sister says, HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
Thanks so much for the very warm welcome...I am starting week 4 and enjoying the results and the program and the feeling of control if that makes any sense It is just that I spent years and years waking up every single morning planning on following some program yet never even making it through the day! I try not to think about all the wasted time and just look forward

Hope you all have a wonderful evening. I am currently in the frigid northeast but very much looking forward to a move in about 2 months to the toasty southwest
So cactusflower I'm a newmexican girl, I live in Farmington, what part of the state are you planing to move to? I have lived in NM all my life, wouldn't even know what it would be like to live in a different climate, although I do love the mountains, I'm only about 40 minutes from Colorado and I drive up every Thursday to WI and see my coaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Welcome to the new folks - Becky, cactusflower, and any others that I missed. Lots of new people lately - should keep things interesting!

Barb - congrats on the jeans!

Been so busy, I forgot to report that I bought a new suit for work this weekend, and the pants were size 6!! I have been maintaining for 2 months now in a very narrow range, so this was a surprise. I am happy to be an 8, but it still felt nice! Still wish I would lose more in the top, but it's looking like that's not meant to be... Anyhow, I should be ready for my upcoming job interview.
Whoo who! Size 6 NICE! Good for you and good luck!
Closed Thread