Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #91  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbf View Post
OK, it took me a while to finish reading the old thread and the beginning of this one. I'm caught up now and happy to have found y'all again.

Today was my WI. I've been on program for one month today. I've lost 17.5 lbs. and 8.5 inches. I'm feeling great and very proud of myself.

I met a bunch of my friends yesterday for a day of crafting. They had not seen me since I started IP. They were dishing out the compliments right and left. The hostess had made a wonderful lunch but I stayed on program and ate a bar and some spinach.

Maezy - hang in there. I'm right here in B.R., if you need me.

One more thing - I just donated my first top to charity. It was just too BIG!
Hi Karen - AWESOME LOSSES!!! You should be proud of yourself, not only for your progress on the scale, but that you have also learned how to handle being out in social situations as well. You are rocking IP!

EDIT - Anyone heard from rainbow lately? Think she's been MIA...Hi Susan - miss you!

Last edited by greeniris; 01-28-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #92  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, new folks - glad to read about so many successes!

I will join you folks sitting at the chocolate bar. I have a real trigger for chocolate after eating spicy food. I have been using wafers from Nashua to satisfy that itch since they are much better for me than the real thing.

I'm sticking pretty closely the P3 these days. My calorie limit is my metabolic rate which they tell me is 1350 calories a day: <50g fat and <100g carbs. I'm usually at 1150 or less and i have to try to get it up that high, but today I was wanting to eat all day. Lots of stress around major re-orgs at work. I don't let myself think about it too much, but my body knows something's up. I had 3 Nashua chocolate wafers spread throughout the day, plus my regular food. I want to eat another right now, but I'm snug in bed and will stay here. Total today was 1336, so yea I'm still under my limit.

Hope everyone has a good night and a great sunny day tomorrow!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #93  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
Hi, new folks - glad to read about so many successes!

I will join you folks sitting at the chocolate bar. I have a real trigger for chocolate after eating spicy food. I have been using wafers from Nashua to satisfy that itch since they are much better for me than the real thing.

I'm sticking pretty closely the P3 these days. My calorie limit is my metabolic rate which they tell me is 1350 calories a day: <50g fat and <100g carbs. I'm usually at 1150 or less and i have to try to get it up that high, but today I was wanting to eat all day. Lots of stress around major re-orgs at work. I don't let myself think about it too much, but my body knows something's up. I had 3 Nashua chocolate wafers spread throughout the day, plus my regular food. I want to eat another right now, but I'm snug in bed and will stay here. Total today was 1336, so yea I'm still under my limit.

Hope everyone has a good night and a great sunny day tomorrow!
LOL - after eating spicy food I always wanted ice cream, but found that a bit of yogurt will do the trick too. While on P1 I got used to not having anything after spicy foods - progress!
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #94  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Morning from the Windy City where the temps will be in the 60's today...60 degrees in January, something wrong with this picture.

Finally made it to "onederland" with Friday's WI, slowly moving down the scale.

Congrats to everyone on your losses, NSV's and accomplishments. So hard to catch up with personal messages to each of you when we are already on a new thread and the last I posted was the old thread.

Have a great day!

Last edited by AliKay; 01-29-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Spelling...LOL
Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #95  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliKay View Post
Morning from the Windy City where the temps will be in the 60's today...60 degrees in January, something wrong with this picture.

Congrats to everyone on your losses, NSV's and accomplishments. So hard to catch up with personal messages to each of you when we are already on a new thread and the last I posted was the old thread.

Have a great day!

ONDERLAND

:con grat:
Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #96  
IP started 12/28/12

S/C/G: 244.2/196.2/145

Quote:

Have a great day!
Congratulations! I can't wait to be in onederland again.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #97  
IP started 12/28/12

S/C/G: 244.2/196.2/145

Anyone have travel tips for me?

I've checked out the LaQuinta that I'll be staying at next week. They have a microwave and mini-fridge in all of the rooms. How perfect is that?!

I'm mostly concerned about my trip after that. The hotel doesn't have mini-fridge or microwave for use by guests. I'll figure something out but would love to hear how any of you may have dealt with travel while on IP.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #98  

Quote:

I've checked out the LaQuinta that I'll be staying at next week. They have a microwave and mini-fridge in all of the rooms. How perfect is that?!

I'm mostly concerned about my trip after that. The hotel doesn't have mini-fridge or microwave for use by guests. I'll figure something out but would love to hear how any of you may have dealt with travel while on IP.
I bumped a really good travel thread for you
Here is the URL http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4517678
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #99  

Karenbf This happened to me as well. I brought some ready to drinks and had them over ice, put baggies of veggies in a cooler and asked the ppl at the hotel to keep things in their refrig which they were happy to do. I also do the same thing and look fOr hotels with the microfrig and waves but it is not always available huh?ll You will do great!
Yesmy Queen size 10 WOOHOO!!!! CONGRATS
Alikay onderland!!!!! congrats!
65x65 I will take your losses any day!!! Mine are slowing down for a bunch of reasons so I am happy for you!
Wingnut 3.4?!?!?! OMG!!! so happy fro you

Big news for me today! The lump was NOT CANCER!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!
And I had an NSV!!!! I crossed my half way point today!!!!!!! Ordered myself an Alex & Ani bracelet as a reward and I will wear it ALL OF THE TIME!
All in all it has been a terrific day!

Last edited by maezy1; 01-29-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #100  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I will join you folks sitting at the chocolate bar. I have a real trigger for chocolate after eating spicy food.
Spicy chocolates seem to be the rage these days so maybe try adding some cayanne pepper to the chocolate drink? I'm not much on spicy stuff and I'm not much of a cook so take that for what it's worth.

Last edited by M35A2; 01-29-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
And I had an NSV!!!! I crossed my half way point today!!!!!!! Ordered myself an Alex & Ani bracelet as a reward and I will wear it ALL OF THE TIME!
Big congratulations on both counts!!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #102  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:

Have a great day!
Congrats on entering 'Onderland'!

Quote:
Karenbf This happened to me as well. I brought some ready to drinks and had them over ice, put baggies of veggies in a cooler and asked the ppl at the hotel to keep things in their refrig which they were happy to do. I also do the same thing and look fOr hotels with the microfrig and waves but it is not always available huh?ll You will do great!
Yesmy Queen size 10 WOOHOO!!!! CONGRATS
Alikay onderland!!!!! congrats!
65x65 I will take your losses any day!!! Mine are slowing down for a bunch of reasons so I am happy for you!
Wingnut 3.4?!?!?! OMG!!! so happy fro you

Double Congrats! Both re the lump situation, and crossing the halfway point!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Good afternoon everyone, just read up and want to welcome the new folks and say yea for ONDERLAND and the great losses and hi to you all! Very busy today and leaving again soon so talk to y'all later friends, Teena
Old 01-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #104  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Spicy chocolates seem to be the rage these days so maybe try adding some cayanne pepper to the chocolate drink? I'm not much on spicy stuff and I'm not much of a cook so take that for what it's worth.
That's a clever idea! Hmmm...

Quote:
That's wonderful and fantastic!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #105  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I actually took a small blender (Hamilton Beach, http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach...+beach+blender) and an electric skillet and had pudding pancakes every morning. Blender was great for shakes.

Molly
Closed Thread