Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 9

You're on Page 8 of 33
Go to
  • I went into the office today for some meetings. I guess my hair REALLY looks nice! I got about a dozen compliments on my hair and maybe 4 people commented on the weight loss. Maybe my hair just looks better with 120 lbs less under it? Hahaha - I had my hair cut before when I went into the office. It was nice to get so many nice comments. I just find it humorous.

Lots of chat here today, I'm just getting caught up. Chocolate has a strong draw for me too. I have tried to eat 1/2 a bar now and 1/2 later - but I end up eating the whole thing at once. It makes me think I don't have enough control to handle portion control without planning. If I had a box open here beside me, I may not be able to show restraint. Then again, I have 9 more bars out in the kitchen, and I don't get into them... so I'm thinking of just not allowing for open grazing (take my portion, put the rest away).
  • Quote: Big news for me today! The lump was NOT CANCER!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!
    And I had an NSV!!!! I crossed my half way point today!!!!!!!
    All in all it has been a terrific day!
    Maezy, what wonderful news!!!! Whew!!! And congrats on your halfway mark!

Alikay, welcome to Onederland!!!!!

Had my WI today and I'm down .6 this week. But we measured today and I've lost LOTS of inches. As I near my goal weight my scale losses are slowing a bit, but I'm fine with that. I know I'm staying OP 100% and will persist. I know it will come off. I lowered my goal another few pounds. When I get there I will see if that will be my ending weight or if I'll go to 125. That's my final goal and that's when I'll phase off. But I'm now past my original goal, so that's very exciting.
  • Halfagain - you look great in your new pics! Bit that shirt sure made me do a double-take! Freaky!
  • Quote: Morning from the Windy City where the temps will be in the 60's today...60 degrees in January, something wrong with this picture.

Finally made it to "onederland" with Friday's WI, slowly moving down the scale.

Congrats to everyone on your losses, NSV's and accomplishments. So hard to catch up with personal messages to each of you when we are already on a new thread and the last I posted was the old thread.

Have a great day!
    YEAH on ONDERLAND!!!! Gotta love THAT feeling! We were in the mid-40s yesterday, but only up to 18 for tomorrow. Strange weather, though it is not uncommon to have a "January Thaw".

Quote: [BBig news for me today! The lump was NOT CANCER!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!
    And I had an NSV!!!! I crossed my half way point today!!!!!!! Ordered myself an Alex & Ani bracelet as a reward and I will wear it ALL OF THE TIME!
    Oh Maezy - tears of happiness & relief for you here! Wonderful news And reaching halfway - what a great day - it's all 'downhill' from here!

Quote: I went into the office today for some meetings. I guess my hair REALLY looks nice! I got about a dozen compliments on my hair and maybe 4 people commented on the weight loss. Maybe my hair just looks better with 120 lbs less under it? Hahaha - I had my hair cut before when I went into the office. It was nice to get so many nice comments. I just find it humorous.

Lots of chat here today, I'm just getting caught up. Chocolate has a strong draw for me too. I have tried to eat 1/2 a bar now and 1/2 later - but I end up eating the whole thing at once. It makes me think I don't have enough control to handle portion control without planning. If I had a box open here beside me, I may not be able to show restraint. Then again, I have 9 more bars out in the kitchen, and I don't get into them... so I'm thinking of just not allowing for open grazing (take my portion, put the rest away).
    Your newest pics are fabulous! Looking terrific halfagain!

Quote: Maezy, what wonderful news!!!! Whew!!! And congrats on your halfway mark!

Alikay, welcome to Onederland!!!!!

Had my WI today and I'm down .6 this week. But we measured today and I've lost LOTS of inches. As I near my goal weight my scale losses are slowing a bit, but I'm fine with that. I know I'm staying OP 100% and will persist. I know it will come off. I lowered my goal another few pounds. When I get there I will see if that will be my ending weight or if I'll go to 125. That's my final goal and that's when I'll phase off. But I'm now past my original goal, so that's very exciting.
    The losses seem to slow for a lot of us as we get closer to goal. You've done great joysh and will get there soon!

Not much happening here - raining. VIP will be home tonight (he's been gone since Monday eve). I'm noticing my muscles are sore from the workouts, but not too bad. Started out fairly slow and gradually working my way up in weights & reps. Last night I added in a few things using my legs and really felt it in my knee later Will go see the Dr after work today to find out MRI results.

Laters.....
  • Quote: I'm noticing my muscles are sore from the workouts, but not too bad. Started out fairly slow and gradually working my way up in weights & reps. Last night I added in a few things using my legs and really felt it in my knee later Will go see the Dr after work today to find out MRI results.
    Girlfriend: STOP beating that knee up! Until you know what is going on, you could be doing MORE damage!
    We take better care of others than we do of ourselves, don't we?

Quote: I went into the office today for some meetings. I guess my hair REALLY looks nice! I got about a dozen compliments on my hair and maybe 4 people commented on the weight loss. Maybe my hair just looks better with 120 lbs less under it? Hahaha - I had my hair cut before when I went into the office. It was nice to get so many nice comments. I just find it humorous.
    Yes. What else can you do but laugh?
    I'm beginning to wonder if people are afraid to say, "wow, you look way better now that you're not so FAT"
    Or if they REALLY, HONESTLY don't see "it". They know something is different but can't figure out WHAT

We're feeling so good, we want to shout it from the rooftops but not everyone notices the same thing.

I get so many hair compliments I'm going to start saying this: My stylist has decided to let it be about an inch longer because after my significant weight loss, he's not trying to reduce the "roudness" of my face with the hairstyle anymore.

The other thing I keep trying to remember is that my weight still falls well within the "obese" range. Even tho I'm feeling GREAT, people still see a significantly overweight woman. My perspective and theirs are very different.

Quote: I actually took a small blender and an electric skillet and had pudding pancakes every morning. Blender was great for shakes.
    Oh man! This would be so great! We're flying so not taking up valuable carry-on space with appliances, unfortunately. But for road trips, this is a grand idea!

Okay, so wii fit really did say 198.4 this morning. That scale better not be inhabited by any tomorrow at WI. If it is, I'm going with TODAY's number! I ONDEr if it will?
  • Maezy1: SO happy for you!!!
    Halfagain: Love the pics!!
  • Quote: Big news for me today! The lump was NOT CANCER!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!
    And I had an NSV!!!! I crossed my half way point today!!!!!!! Ordered myself an Alex & Ani bracelet as a reward and I will wear it ALL OF THE TIME!
    Oh maezy, so sorry I missed this yesterday as I have been watching for the news and you got a double dose of good news with making it half way and NO cancer. I am sooooo happy for you.

Quote: Okay, so wii fit really did say 198.4 this morning. That scale better not be inhabited by any tomorrow at WI. If it is, I'm going with TODAY's number! I ONDEr if it will?
    I will try to keep the whoosh fairy hovering over you until your WI tomorrow. Looking good, though.

Just sitting here watching the weather channel as tornado conditions are VERY favorable for us right now. Two years ago, we had one less than a quarter mile away. Very scary.

Everyone in the southeast please keep safe.

Molly
  • Just popping in to say a quick 'Hi!'. Nothing particularly new or interesting here, just wanted to check and see what was up with everyone.

Wingnutandme - I have that exact same small Hamilton Beach single-serving blender. It's seen a lot of use during these past dieting months. Stay safe - hope no tornados head your way.

Halfagain - I'm hear you re the 1/2 bar thing... I remember, way back when at the beginning of this process, my (short lived) IP coach suggested that. I pretty much knew it wouldn't work for me, and opted for puddings instead.

GreenIris - good luck with that MRI today.

Lis32989 - fingers and toes crossed that the scale behaves for you tomorrow!!

Cheers everyone. Have a good day.
  • MAezy1 BTW, you totally deserve cowboy boots!!
  • Maezy - glad you got good news on the lump, and halfway too! Wow!

Barb - I have actually had people make comments about my hair when I was losing weight, even though I didn't change a thing the whole time I was losing - just my regular trim every 4 weeks... I think they know something is different, but not sure what.

I did go with some color just yesterday. Wanted to cover the gray before a job interview next week so I don't look too close to retirement age! Silly, I know... I have not updated my photo since July when I started IP. Going to have to do that now that I'm at goal and have a new color.

After 60 degrees yesterday, it's turning cold here. Walking the dog at 5:30 tomorrow morning is gonna be awful, but she loves her a.m. walk. Without Robin, I think it would have taken me longer to reach goal - she's my walking buddy.

Hope you are all having a great day! Looking forward to having more of you join us in maintenance soon!
  • Bah - MRI showed a torn ligament, but not the meniscus like he thought it was. It's the MCL (medial collateral ligament), which is connected to both the thigh bone and the shin on the inside side of the knee. No surgery needed (Yay), but he's recommending PT & a knee brace for awhile. So, will behave myself at the gym again and only work my core & upper body until given the all clear. (Didn't work out tonight due to sleet & deteriorating road conditions.)

Lizzy - let us see the 'new' you!

Lisa - Hoping for an official ONEDERLAND WI for you tomorrow!

Molly - hope the worst of the storms go around you; stay safe!
  • Quote: Bah - MRI showed a torn ligament, but not the meniscus like he thought it was. It's the MCL (medial collateral ligament), which is connected to both the thigh bone and the shin on the inside side of the knee. No surgery needed (Yay), but he's recommending PT & a knee brace for awhile. So, will behave myself at the gym again and only work my core & upper body until given the all clear. (Didn't work out tonight due to sleet & deteriorating road conditions.)

Lizzy - let us see the 'new' you!

Lisa - Hoping for an official ONEDERLAND WI for you tomorrow!

Molly - hope the worst of the storms go around you; stay safe!
    Good that you do not have top go through surgery. PT is okay. I'm still in mine. It's slowly helping. I let the problem with my foot go too long and it has a lot of scar tissue they are working on. I have a lace up "sock" brace on my foot. It helps along with the PT.

We escaped any bad weather other than 2" of rain in the last 8 or 9 hours. Now the temps are dropping rapidly. I've been in short sleeves for the last two days with no jacket. That's over, now.

Molly
  • Green iris: PT works well when you follow all the rules!

WHERE IS RAINBOW???
  • Quote: Bah - MRI showed a torn ligament, but not the meniscus like he thought it was. It's the MCL (medial collateral ligament), which is connected to both the thigh bone and the shin on the inside side of the knee. No surgery needed (Yay), but he's recommending PT & a knee brace for awhile. So, will behave myself at the gym again and only work my core & upper body until given the all clear. (Didn't work out tonight due to sleet & deteriorating road conditions.)
    Glad that there's no surgery involved. Concentrate on your PT exercises and soon you'll be good as new. I think we had much the same weather as you yesterday, and maybe today too. Unusually warm yesterday (broke long-standing weather records) but with sleet and freezing rain, which made driving hazardous. Back to seasonal temps today again, and it's very windy.

Quote: Good that you do not have top go through surgery. PT is okay. I'm still in mine. It's slowly helping. I let the problem with my foot go too long and it has a lot of scar tissue they are working on. I have a lace up "sock" brace on my foot. It helps along with the PT.

We escaped any bad weather other than 2" of rain in the last 8 or 9 hours. Now the temps are dropping rapidly. I've been in short sleeves for the last two days with no jacket. That's over, now.

Molly
    Glad you're safe and sound tornado-wise Molly. Good luck with that foot... seems that 'slowly but surely' it's on the mend.

Yes - Where is Rainbow!!! ? I've noticed she's not been posting on the other threads either...
  • Hello friends, today was WI for me and I was down 1.8 lbs and I'm happy with that epically since Tom showed up yesterday, I just wanted to share my news, hope everyone has a great day.