Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #421  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Broadway shows...

Highly recommend "Jersey Boys".....!
Saw it with a ladies group when it first was up for a Tony award....husband finally saw it about a year ago when he was there on business....LOVED it! We may go back and see it again together.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #422  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post

Evepet - I think you asked about maintenance calories a few pages back. My sweet spot seems to be an average of 1,850 daily. Sounds like a lot compared to phase 1, 2, or even 3, I know, but I've been able to stick right around 143 pounds at that level. (And I am not terribly active - exercise consists of walking the dog about 2 miles daily.)

Had a second and third job interview this week, so it looks promising. This will be a pretty stressful job, and that would be a challenge for me - eating has definitely been my way to cope with stress in the past. Glad I've got a few months of maintenance behind me and I'm in a good routine. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Maintenance really seems to be working for you. Thx for the daily calorie information. At first I was thinking that it seems like a lot, but then common sense clicked in. LOL... I guess I'm just so used to seeing these 800-900 cal days through this dieting process that I'm sort of 'calorie-intake-warped' at present. When I think about it more, your daily calorie level makes 100% sense. My RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) measurement provided by my Omron full body composition scale is currently 1400kcal. The description provided with my Omron full body composition scale describes RMR as 'the energy needed to maintain vital functions' at this weight. Then it goes on to explain that, in addition to the calories used to just 'maintain vital functions', we expend an additional amount through daily living, going about and doing our work-related and household chores, hobbies, exercise, etc. Plus on top of those two areas, we expend additional kcal through 'diet-induced thermogenesis', which is the energy used after eating a meal or snack. So in theory I should be able to eat around 1400kcal ++ and stay at this weight successfully. As we're close to the same height and I'm about 6lbs heavier than you in weight now, it makes perfect sense that you can maintain at around the 1850kcal mark. Plus - looked at a different way - we know that it takes an extra 3,500kcal to make us gain a lb. In other words, we'd be ok with up to an added 500kcal/day and wouldn't gain that lb - my current RMR of 1400kcal + that extra 500kcal 'cushion' = 1900kcal/day. (Somebody correct me if my logic is flawed here, but I think I'm on the right track with this?) Gives me hope! And actually 2 miles of dog walking is pretty good exercise! (At least to me.... LOL). And if it keeps you where you want to be weight-wise (which it obviously is) then it's a perfect activity level for you. (Sorry this got so long - I was sort of 'thinking out loud' as I typed this).

.... And congrats on progressing successfully through second and third interviews, etc. ... fingers and toes are crossed for you re that new job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Still struggling with stress-related eating, so my up-lbs are not going away. Am nearly 10 lbs over were I'd like to be. I'm confident I'll get rid of it sooner than later, but really have to find healthier ways of dealing with stress. Thought exercising regularly would help, but not so far. Will give it more time, and work on getting back to the right frame of mind.
How's your sleep? I know you're probably aware that poor or interrupted sleep can cause hormonal changes that affect our weight loss/hunger too. Just wondering if this could have anything to do with it? I know when I'm tired from lack of (or poor quality) sleep, I seem to want to eat more sweets the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post

Happy Sunday all, been having a bit of a tuff time but hanging in there, could do a little better but doing ok. Sounds like Molly and Halfagain had a nice meeting, I'm jealous. Wouldn't it be so wonderful to meet everyone, well anyway I think of you all often, best wishes.
It is really nice that some of us are getting an opportunity to meet in person. Hang in there. I seem to be stuck too, fluctuating up and down within a lb or two. Each time I get into the low end of each 'weight decade' it seems to take forever to drop below into the next one. It's as if my body is saying 'Ha!... I'm gonna really make you work for it!' (As Rainbow would say... le sigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

Being a little to small for 10's sounds pretty exciting to me :-) You have done so well. Those 4 lbs will be done very soon. I sure understand the desire to see areas give way to the weight loss. I'm hoping my waist makes more of an appearance soon.

I'm making chicken vegetable soup tonight and I'm going to try out the Xanthan gum I picked up last week. Hope it's great! I bought a couple quest bars at GNC the other day. I really like how they taste, but both times I had one, I didn't feel very well afterwards (upset stomach). I ordered a 12 bar assortment box that should be coming next week. Maybe DH will like them, or DS. Not sure why they would do that.. but maybe I'll try one more time just to be sure it's them and not residual travel/stress related.
I seem to be stuck right now and go up and down between 151-153 daily, depending on time of time, sodium intake, BM situation, etc. etc. I know the scale will move sooner or later into the 140s but it's taking it's own sweet time.

Just wanted to offer a cautionary comment re using the xanthum gum - use it sparingly, with no more than a scant 1/4 tsp per cup of liquid. Otherwise you'll get a gloopy, somewhat slimy consistency. I've been using it now for about a week (scant 1/4 tsp per cup of soup or shake) in both cold protein drinks and in my hot blended veggie-protein soups and really finding it improves the thickness, consistency, and 'mouth-feel' of the mixture.

----

Just dropping in to check on everyone and say 'Hi!' Hope you all have a good day.

Oh - one question.... I've been taking silica regularly since last August, as it was recommended to protect vs hair loss. I also started taking Biotin ( 2000mg/day) about 2 weeks ago. I've noticed that I'm starting to get bouts of getting quite warm and 'flushing' - reminds me of hot flashes, etc., but I don't think it's that... it's similiar but different (if that makes any sense). I've had a few minor hot flashes too these past months as my postmenopausal estrogen has gotten stirred up ... these current, new episodes of 'overheated body and flushes' last longer. Has anyone else who takes Biotin experienced this?

Last edited by evepet; 03-04-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Highly recommend "Jersey Boys".....!
Saw it with a ladies group when it first was up for a Tony award....husband finally saw it about a year ago when he was there on business....LOVED it! We may go back and see it again together.
I saw the road show of this. I think it is from a group called Broadway Across America, although we get them in Canada.
I just loved it.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #424  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:

It would be so fun to have a get together. That cruise we dream about on the main forum... that would be fun. I better hurry up and buy a lottery ticket.

I do the IP protocol without a coach, so I get to wear one of two nighties I usually switch between. So basically very skimpy wear when I weigh. Sadly my gain was even in one of those outfits.

I'm making chicken vegetable soup tonight and I'm going to try out the Xanthan gum I picked up last week. Hope it's great! I bought a couple quest bars at GNC the other day. I really like how they taste, but both times I had one, I didn't feel very well afterwards (upset stomach). I ordered a 12 bar assortment box that should be coming next week. Maybe DH will like them, or DS. Not sure why they would do that.. but maybe I'll try one more time just to be sure it's them and not residual travel/stress related.
It would be so much fun to get together with a bunch of you! I certainly couldn't afford a cruise though, so Halfagain, you better win BIG on that lottery ticket! LOL

re: Xanthan gum - where in the store would I find this? I've seen it mentioned by several of you, but don't know where to find it or how to use it. Is it a thickner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Your photo looks so good Molly, I'm in need for a new photo, and I would love to see you now lizzy.

Happy Sunday all, been having a bit of a tuff time but hanging in there, could do a little better but doing ok. Sounds like Molly and Halfagain had a nice meeting, I'm jealous. Wouldn't it be so wonderful to meet everyone, well anyway I think of you all often, best wishes.
Teena, I feel your frustration. I suspect going through a period of having a tough time is pretty normal after being on P1 for so long. We just have to fight our way through it and keep the prize in mind! You can do this!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Halfagain - do you always weigh in wearing the same clothes? I have a "weigh in outfit" that I wear every week, that way there are no clothing-related surprises. It is true that flying will make you retain water, as will taking any kind of pain reliever.
All last summer I wore the same sundress for my WIs...am sure the clinic staff was glad when cooler weather came so they could see me in something else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I just realized that we are almost exactly in the same boat! I say almost because you are an inch taller than me but the exact same weight. That is 15 pounds up for me, 5 of those pounds came instantly when I phased off. The other 10 came with a too merry December.
Phase 1 is not making a dent in it this time. But we have time to get this under control before the summer clothes have to fit. But I'm not having any unusual stress so that is not a cause for me. We will figure this out. Exercising is not helping in my case either.

Pat
I only gained a couple lbs from phasing off. I had been able to maintain at 140-145 for several weeks (a bit above where I wanted to be, but was ok with it), then the stress got bad at work. My coping mechanism for stress has always been to eat comfort foods - usually chocolate! I've been able to cut back on it, but it's like a monkey on my back! LOL And when I really push it at the gym I gain some water weight while my muscles recuperate, which I know will be flushed out quickly. So far I'm still able to wear most of my clothes, but a couple pair of pants are to tight now, can't zip them up Been reading up on better ways to handle stress, and it's a relief to see that I'm mostly doing all the right things. Just need to stop with the comfort foods.

I am so excited! My VIP is getting us tickets to see the Celtic Women in concert in early April! They are an all female, really energetic ensemble from Ireland, and put on a fabulous show (we've seen them on Public TV a few times). Both our birthdays are at the end of March, so this will be our way of celebrating them this year. I can't wait!
Old 03-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #425  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I saw the road show of this. I think it is from a group called Broadway Across America, although we get them in Canada.
I just loved it.
ITA - totally enjoyed it! I'd love to see it again. I always love watching the specials that air on my (public television) WNEB channel with the musical groups from the 50s & 60s playing. They seem to do the best they can of getting the original members of the groups from those decades to participate. There was one on last night with music from the 50s... always gets me singing along with them & dancing around.

GreenIris - Xanthum gum is used quite a bit in gluten-free baking, so investigate any place that typically sells that type of stuff. I found it at a local health food & supplement store.

Last edited by evepet; 03-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #426  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Maintenance really seems to be working for you. Thx for the daily calorie information. At first I was thinking that it seems like a lot, but then common sense clicked in. LOL... I guess I'm just so used to seeing these 800-900 cal days through this dieting process that I'm sort of 'calorie-intake-warped' at present. When I think about it more, your daily calorie level makes 100% sense. My RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) measurement provided by my Omron full body composition scale is currently 1400kcal. The description provided with my Omron full body composition scale describes RMR as 'the energy needed to maintain vital functions' at this weight. Then it goes on to explain that, in addition to the calories used to just 'maintain vital functions', we expend an additional amount through daily living, going about and doing our work-related and household chores, hobbies, exercise, etc. Plus on top of those two areas, we expend additional kcal through 'diet-induced thermogenesis', which is the energy used after eating a meal or snack. So in theory I should be able to eat around 1400kcal ++ and stay at this weight successfully. As we're close to the same height and I'm about 6lbs heavier than you in weight now, it makes perfect sense that you can maintain at around the 1850kcal mark. Plus - looked at a different way - we know that it takes an extra 3,500kcal to make us gain a lb. In other words, we'd be ok with up to an added 500kcal/day and wouldn't gain that lb - my current RMR of 1400kcal + that extra 500kcal 'cushion' = 1900kcal/day. (Somebody correct me if my logic is flawed here, but I think I'm on the right track with this?) Gives me hope! And actually 2 miles of dog walking is pretty good exercise! (At least to me.... LOL). And if it keeps you where you want to be weight-wise (which it obviously is) then it's a perfect activity level for you. (Sorry this got so long - I was sort of 'thinking out loud' as I typed this).
Just wanted to offer a cautionary comment re using the xanthum gum - use it sparingly, with no more than a scant 1/4 tsp per cup of liquid. Otherwise you'll get a gloopy, somewhat slimy consistency. I've been using it now for about a week (scant 1/4 tsp per cup of soup or shake) in both cold protein drinks and in my hot blended veggie-protein soups and really finding it improves the thickness, consistency, and 'mouth-feel' of the mixture.

Oh - one question.... I've been taking silica regularly since last August, as it was recommended to protect vs hair loss. I also started taking Biotin ( 2000mg/day) about 2 weeks ago. I've noticed that I'm starting to get bouts of getting quite warm and 'flushing' - reminds me of hot flashes, etc., but I don't think it's that... it's similiar but different (if that makes any sense). I've had a few minor hot flashes too these past months as my postmenopausal estrogen has gotten stirred up ... these current, new episodes of 'overheated body and flushes' last longer. Has anyone else who takes Biotin experienced this?
I really enjoyed your thinking out loud :-) It helps me start to figure out some of this - maybe get my head around it.
Thanks for the heads up on the xanthum gum. I made the soup and totally forgot to add it. We were 1/2 way thru dinner when I remembered and I wasn't going to run around sprinkling it into others bowls haha. I have leftover soup I may add it to this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
It would be so much fun to get together with a bunch of you! I certainly couldn't afford a cruise though, so Halfagain, you better win BIG on that lottery ticket! LOL

re: Xanthan gum - where in the store would I find this? I've seen it mentioned by several of you, but don't know where to find it or how to use it. Is it a thickner?

Teena, I feel your frustration. I suspect going through a period of having a tough time is pretty normal after being on P1 for so long. We just have to fight our way through it and keep the prize in mind! You can do this!!!!

All last summer I wore the same sundress for my WIs...am sure the clinic staff was glad when cooler weather came so they could see me in something else!

I only gained a couple lbs from phasing off. I had been able to maintain at 140-145 for several weeks (a bit above where I wanted to be, but was ok with it), then the stress got bad at work. My coping mechanism for stress has always been to eat comfort foods - usually chocolate! I've been able to cut back on it, but it's like a monkey on my back! LOL And when I really push it at the gym I gain some water weight while my muscles recuperate, which I know will be flushed out quickly. So far I'm still able to wear most of my clothes, but a couple pair of pants are to tight now, can't zip them up Been reading up on better ways to handle stress, and it's a relief to see that I'm mostly doing all the right things. Just need to stop with the comfort foods.

I am so excited! My VIP is getting us tickets to see the Celtic Women in concert in early April! They are an all female, really energetic ensemble from Ireland, and put on a fabulous show (we've seen them on Public TV a few times). Both our birthdays are at the end of March, so this will be our way of celebrating them this year. I can't wait!
I will do my best! I found xanthum gum in the grocery store, where they sell the special flour or grains (Bob's Red Mill is the brand here - not sure if it's national or just local). It's not cheep! ~$15 for maybe a 10 or 12 ounce bag. Maybe I got the organic kind or something - but I bought it anyway since it sounds like it goes a long long ways. I'm washing a vitamin container (drying it well after) to store it in. The plastic bag that it came in won't hold up.
How exciting on the Celtic Women in concert. I love that stuff. Going to spinning festivals (making yarn kind of spinning) and sheep shows, I hear it quite often there.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #427  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hi ladies!!! haven't had time to read but wanted to let those who asked know...week 2 at the gym going good so far!! had another maintain again last week...week 5 of maintaining going good. i am kicking butt at the gym and i mean business so am giving it a lot, 3 x's a week mon, wed and fri for 3.5 hours each day! thats a lot of gym time but i need to tone tone tone, so will update more when i hit 5 weeks and take measurements again!

much love to you all...i am one determined chic....i didn't lose this much to be diverted by stupid extra skin and bagginess. it is depressing!!! totally depressing. i sure hope this journey can help!

cheers!!! from the rainbow!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #428  
Started IP 3/26/12

Good to hear that your standing firm in your resolve Rainbow. So glad that maintenance and your gym workouts are going well. 3.5 hrs/day?! Holy-moly.. I'd be wrecked! Hang in there. You got this!!

Last edited by evepet; 03-04-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #429  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I found xanthum gum in the grocery store, where they sell the special flour or grains (Bob's Red Mill is the brand here - not sure if it's national or just local). It's not cheep! ~$15 for maybe a 10 or 12 ounce bag. Maybe I got the organic kind or something - but I bought it anyway since it sounds like it goes a long long ways. I'm washing a vitamin container (drying it well after) to store it in. The plastic bag that it came in won't hold up.
Wanted to chime in with Barb. I was just out and actually found it at WalMart in little packets. Reminded me of yeast packets and they were only 49 cents. As someone else said it's with the gluten free mixes and special flours. Check WalMart. Since I'm furiously collecting up maintenance recipes, I've seen it used, but didn't want a big container, so was pleased to find the packets. I've also seen it in the larger quantity in Kroger in the health food section. Tried to look for Cindy if there was a Kroger where she lives, but their locator wasn't working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hi ladies!!! haven't had time to read but wanted to let those who asked know...week 2 at the gym going good so far!! had another maintain again last week...week 5 of maintaining going good. i am kicking butt at the gym and i mean business so am giving it a lot, 3 x's a week mon, wed and fri for 3.5 hours each day! thats a lot of gym time but i need to tone tone tone, so will update more when i hit 5 weeks and take measurements again!

much love to you all...i am one determined chic....i didn't lose this much to be diverted by stupid extra skin and bagginess. it is depressing!!! totally depressing. i sure hope this journey can help!

cheers!!! from the rainbow!
Glad to see you check in once and a while and hear your progress is going well. I'd consider gym work, but there's not a gym within 20 miles. Guess they figure us country folk do not need to work out.

Warning. I'm going to talk about P3 and maintenance, so if you think it will bother you, please don't read. I feel sort of out of place posting here, but Maezy ask me, some time ago, not to quit posting just because I'm phasing off.

Finishing up phase 3. I love those breakfasts (start early checking the Phase 3 Breakfast thread, it helps when the time comes). I am now trying to plan maintenance. May stay eating like I have been for phase 3. I really don't care that much about carbs now, except those breakfasts and a fruit snack sometimes at night. I was always a fruitaholic along with being a chocoholic. Fortunately, I'm still not craving chocolate. For the little desire occasionally, I easily satisfy with some chocolate granola on my yogurt and fruit or the breakfast cookies someone came up with where there were originally banana oatmeal and they added a few chocolate chips to the recipe.

My challenge will be traveling. I had it down with P1. Now, I don't want to give up my breakfasts and I am so tired of subway salads. We are going to another Corvair event this weekend. Trying to decide what to do and take. I have kept one of those quart sized Yogurt containers with the plastic lid. It's perfect for 8oz of yogurt, 2 cups of berries and some granola. It all fits in there nicely. So that's one breakfast. Been thinking of taking the electric skillet and a toaster. DH has gotten into his habit of making what I call Chris McMuffins (his own version of the egg McMuffin, plus I've been makiing him homemade english muffins) The host hotel has a breakfast buffet, but it's $9 a person. He doesn't eat much, so he'd never eat $9 worth, plus I'm sure they wouldn't have $9 worth of food I could eat, so he'd be alone. With the skillet and toaster, I could make a breakfast burrito and he could make his Chris McMuffin. The room has a frig, so that should work. Along with some lunch fixings. These events are always just bad snacks and foods.

Sorry, enough of my venting and rambling about life beyond Phase 1.

Hope you all have a great rest of the day.
Molly
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #430  
6/26/12 start 355

Susan, That's so terrific that you are doing well, and even better that you are posting here to say so. You must have felt me thinking hard about you last night, wondering how you were. I was pulling your energy to the keyboard :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Wanted to chime in with Barb. I was just out and actually found it at WalMart in little packets. Reminded me of yeast packets and they were only 49 cents. As someone else said it's with the gluten free mixes and special flours. Check WalMart. Since I'm furiously collecting up maintenance recipes, I've seen it used, but didn't want a big container, so was pleased to find the packets. I've also seen it in the larger quantity in Kroger in the health food section. Tried to look for Cindy if there was a Kroger where she lives, but their locater wasn't working.

Glad to see you check in once and a while and hear your progress is going well. I'd consider gym work, but there's not a gym within 20 miles. Guess they figure us country folk do not need to work out.

Warning. I'm going to talk about P3 and maintenance, so if you think it will bother you, please don't read. I feel sort of out of place posting here, but Maezy ask me, some time ago, not to quit posting just because I'm phasing off.

Finishing up phase 3. I love those breakfasts (start early checking the Phase 3 Breakfast thread, it helps when the time comes). I am now trying to plan maintenance. May stay eating like I have been for phase 3. I really don't care that much about carbs now, except those breakfasts and a fruit snack sometimes at night. I was always a fruitaholic along with being a chocoholic. Fortunately, I'm still not craving chocolate. For the little desire occasionally, I easily satisfy with some chocolate granola on my yogurt and fruit or the breakfast cookies someone came up with where there were originally banana oatmeal and they added a few chocolate chips to the recipe.

My challenge will be traveling. I had it down with P1. Now, I don't want to give up my breakfasts and I am so tired of subway salads. We are going to another Corvair event this weekend. Trying to decide what to do and take. I have kept one of those quart sized Yogurt containers with the plastic lid. It's perfect for 8oz of yogurt, 2 cups of berries and some granola. It all fits in there nicely. So that's one breakfast. Been thinking of taking the electric skillet and a toaster. DH has gotten into his habit of making what I call Chris McMuffins (his own version of the egg McMuffin, plus I've been making him homemade english muffins) The host hotel has a breakfast buffet, but it's $9 a person. He doesn't eat much, so he'd never eat $9 worth, plus I'm sure they wouldn't have $9 worth of food I could eat, so he'd be alone. With the skillet and toaster, I could make a breakfast burrito and he could make his Chris McMuffin. The room has a frig, so that should work. Along with some lunch fixings. These events are always just bad snacks and foods.

Molly
Thank you Molly for posting here with your progress on P3 and P4. I can imagine the traveling part at the start of P4 will be different at first. The comfort of P1 planning is so easy, I can just imagine. Let us know how it goes. Sounds like you have some great ideas already.

All of you P2+ people feel free to stay with us P1 team mates and talk about what you are doing and how you are doing it. I don't see anywhere on our thread that says we're just P1, or women only for that matter. If you've been around us a while, you also know we're easy on the 50+ part of our name too.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #431  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Susan, That's so terrific that you are doing well, and even better that you are posting here to say so. You must have felt me thinking hard about you last night, wondering how you were. I was pulling your energy to the keyboard :-)
awww gf i am so envious that you and molly had some girl time!! jealous actually!!!! maybe next time!

i have not been posting because there are so many new people that i was afraid i would steer them wrong...so i have just been keeping on track. it is surprising to me though, as i have always been a hippie kindred spirit type and never really bothered with hair and clothes and shoes...etc...just always went for comfort and had an eclectic style...never been afraid to march to the beat of my own drum....but this freakish anxiety i am having over all the lose and saggy baggy skin really has me shaken....and i don't think it vanity but i don't know what it is??? just can't put my finger on it, so for now, just plugging along....loving the gym time...its ME time....and nice to be around other people!!!

love u ladies like you have no idea!!!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #432  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Wanted to chime in with Barb. I was just out and actually found it at WalMart in little packets. Reminded me of yeast packets and they were only 49 cents. As someone else said it's with the gluten free mixes and special flours. Check WalMart. Since I'm furiously collecting up maintenance recipes, I've seen it used, but didn't want a big container, so was pleased to find the packets. I've also seen it in the larger quantity in Kroger in the health food section. Tried to look for Cindy if there was a Kroger where she lives, but their locator wasn't working.

My challenge will be traveling. I had it down with P1. Now, I don't want to give up my breakfasts and I am so tired of subway salads. We are going to another Corvair event this weekend. Trying to decide what to do and take. I have kept one of those quart sized Yogurt containers with the plastic lid. It's perfect for 8oz of yogurt, 2 cups of berries and some granola. It all fits in there nicely. So that's one breakfast. Been thinking of taking the electric skillet and a toaster. DH has gotten into his habit of making what I call Chris McMuffins (his own version of the egg McMuffin, plus I've been makiing him homemade english muffins) The host hotel has a breakfast buffet, but it's $9 a person. He doesn't eat much, so he'd never eat $9 worth, plus I'm sure they wouldn't have $9 worth of food I could eat, so he'd be alone. With the skillet and toaster, I could make a breakfast burrito and he could make his Chris McMuffin. The room has a frig, so that should work. Along with some lunch fixings. These events are always just bad snacks and foods.

Molly
molly...you always have the best ideas!!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #433  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
molly...you always have the best ideas!!!!
Aw, shucks, gf. None of these hold a candle to Rainbow's travel case. That was pure designer genius.

Molly
Old 03-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #434  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
awww gf i am so envious that you and molly had some girl time!! jealous actually!!!! maybe next time!

i have not been posting because there are so many new people that i was afraid i would steer them wrong...so i have just been keeping on track. it is surprising to me though, as i have always been a hippie kindred spirit type and never really bothered with hair and clothes and shoes...etc...just always went for comfort and had an eclectic style...never been afraid to march to the beat of my own drum....but this freakish anxiety i am having over all the lose and saggy baggy skin really has me shaken....and i don't think it vanity but i don't know what it is??? just can't put my finger on it, so for now, just plugging along....loving the gym time...its ME time....and nice to be around other people!!!

love u ladies like you have no idea!!!!!
We love you too TMI possibly on extra skin. I am not saying this is how it is, nor should be, for others when you read the rest of this. This is just about what I am going through and only applies to myself. My feelings on the extra skin is that it is a visual of what I was, and that I'm disappearing from under it. That is frightening along with feeling bones now that I haven't felt in years, but also sort of exciting. Instead of fat rolls I have skin folds now. I'm not even going to say about the tummy and under arms (they are as bad as you'd expect), I have saggy skin under my cheeks -and I'm not talking about my face - although my neck is more wrinkled too, and my thighs. My skin has lots of room to spare but unlike the too large clothing that I can give away, this is part of me. I can't just cast this excess aside. On the plus side, my thighs don't rub together when I am walking anymore, and clothing covers up the issue very well.

Looking ahead, I am going for my goal weight which should line up with about a year's time devoted to P1, before phasing to maintenance. Then I will let my skin shrink back however much it is willing for as long as it needs to do it. In the mean while, I'll have to wear spandex to support and hold in the skin. I don't think I'll have the funds to have it surgically removed. I will need to accept it, cover it (for comfort physically and outer appearances to others), and see how it ends up after a couple years. Not that I can change things differently at that point, but by then I figure I'll have come to terms with what's hanging around still. I will need to start my exercise and toning in maintenance which should also help.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #435  

Halfagain
You expressed my thoughts perfectly! One other thought I had is that sometimes things get worse before they get better. My skin really isn't "worse" it just hasn't figured out I don't need all if it. I won't have the funds or the guts for any cosmetic surgery. I had breast reduction in 99 & it was super painful. I can't imagine involving my entire torso!
I'll live with my "war wounds"
Closed Thread