3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 9

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Yesmyqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 402

S/C/G: 236/181/165

Height: 5"2

Default

Oh and thank you so much for noticing rainbow that I only have 23 lbs to go, I really haven't thought about that number as much as my weight and weekly loss, you made it sound Great! Thanks GF
Yesmyqueen is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #17
6/26/12 start 355
 
Halfagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 789

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
molly...and barb....we just have to make a meeting happen when barb is this way!!!!!
That would ROCK!
__________________

Restart 6/3/14 using alternative brands

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
― Winston Churchill
Halfagain is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #18
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,180

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
That would ROCK!
We all need to keep in touch. What's the date possibilities, Barb? Sounds exciting already.

Molly
__________________


Started maintenance 3/7/2013

WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #19
Member
 
jampooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan Northwest lower peninsula
Posts: 59

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Default

As for journaling, that I said I am so bad at. I am going to try a site fatsecret.com. There is data base of all types of foods, brand names, even IP foods. You pick the food that you had at each meal, the calories, protein, fats etc. are calculated for the amount of that food you pick. Now I just have to be sure to print out the report to take to my coach each week. It also has places for documenting exercise and other things.
__________________
Julie (jampooh)




one for each 5# lost


jampooh is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyjwebb View Post
Hi everyone
I would like to join you. I am 60 and 21?2 years ago I lost 30 lbs on IP and I went crazy for new clothes. It was so fun. I started back on Jan 4 and have 10 lbs off and getting that itch to go shopping again.
Welcome!! I am new here as well and it really is a great place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
I had a nice NSV last night - I was at a training session for Master Gardeners in my county, and I was looking at the shirts that they had for sale at the break. I told the lady that was selling them that I wanted a light green one, and she said "OK, fill out the order form - what size do you take, small?"

OMG someone thought I was a size small! Not really even close to that, but OMG! Made my day!!

I have been buying clothes kind of out of necessity, because after you lose 66.8 pounds nothing fits, not even underwear. I share the concern about dressing too young. It has been so long since I have worn clothes that can even be remotely considered fitted, I'm just not even sure what I am supposed to look like, if that makes sense. Since I still have a ways to go with my weight loss, I am reluctant to buy anything too expensive or too many clothes at one particular size.
terrific job - so exciting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Welcome to the new folks - Becky, cactusflower, and any others that I missed. Lots of new people lately - should keep things interesting!

Barb - congrats on the jeans!

Been so busy, I forgot to report that I bought a new suit for work this weekend, and the pants were size 6!! I have been maintaining for 2 months now in a very narrow range, so this was a surprise. I am happy to be an 8, but it still felt nice! Still wish I would lose more in the top, but it's looking like that's not meant to be... Anyhow, I should be ready for my upcoming job interview.
Thanks so much and on the 6!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hi beckyjwebb welcome to our family, you will love it here!


Oh girl I here you about waiting to get anything new, most of my cloths I'm pretty much swimming in, all I have gotten are 2 pants and 2 shirts, almost afraid not sure why but I really need to get over being afraid to get rid of all these, I kinda look pitiful so my sister says, HA!



So cactusflower I'm a newmexican girl, I live in Farmington, what part of the state are you planing to move to? I have lived in NM all my life, wouldn't even know what it would be like to live in a different climate, although I do love the mountains, I'm only about 40 minutes from Colorado and I drive up every Thursday to WI and see my coaches.


Whoo who! Size 6 NICE! Good for you and good luck!
Thanks so much - we are heading to the Las Cruces area. We lived there a few years ago while caring for a family member who was ill.
cactusflower is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #21
began IP May 25
 
greeniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern MI
Posts: 802

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Holy cow! Don't check in for a couple days and we have 2 pages of a new thread already! Thanks Susan for starting this again.

Welcome to all the newbies! I love this thread, and spend most of my time here, even though I'm officially in maintenance now. It can be overwhelming to try to keep up with so many different threads, so find a couple you're comfortable with, then check in often and post frequently. It really does help, even if you have a great coach.

So many things I'd like to comment on, but time is limited lately...things at work are bad. Thankfully my supervisor is now out of town until a week from Monday. Should keep the stress levels down a bit.

Fishette - a special thank you to you for recommending the cream to help with my constant hot flashes. The cream does seem to be working - hot flashes are dwindling.

TGIF all!
__________________
Cindy quote from Lisa: "If we only focus on what we're missing (and how soon we can have it again), we're not learning a thing about how to keep it off, & all the struggle to actually lose the weight is for nothing!"

WI 1: -5; WI 2: -5.5; WI 3 (2 weeks): -3.5; WI 4 (2 weeks): -5.5; WI 5 (2 weeks): -5; WI 6 (2 weeks): -4; WI 7 (12 days): -7.8; WI 8 (9 days): -3 1/2; WI 9 (2 wks): -0-; WI 10 (2 wks): -4.5; WI 11 (2 wks): -3.5; WI 12 (2 wks): -1; WI 13 (2 wks): -2.8; WI 14 (2 wks): -2.5; WI 15 (2 wks): -2.5
greeniris is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #22
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,765

S/C/G: 209.5/162/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
As for journaling, that I said I am so bad at. I am going to try a site fatsecret.com. There is data base of all types of foods, brand names, even IP foods. You pick the food that you had at each meal, the calories, protein, fats etc. are calculated for the amount of that food you pick. Now I just have to be sure to print out the report to take to my coach each week. It also has places for documenting exercise and other things.
I've been tracking my daily food intake on fatsecret.com since last March. I love being able to see not only the carb/fat/protein intake per day, etc., but also the amount of sodium, potassium, etc. I find it really useful. You'll get to the point where it takes no time at all to keep track of things there.

--------------------------

Hi everyone. Was surprised when I stepped on my Omron this am to see that I'm down a bit again... down to 153.2 this am, which is about a -1lb loss in less than a week. Maybe some sodium retention before? Not sure... the only other thing I've been doing differently is adding the vibracize. It is supposed to help weight loss, so maybe it really IS helping. Whatever, I'll take it.

Hope all of you have a great day.
__________________





I invite you to visit my blog at http://diettalktoday.com It's focus is on helping those who chose to use alternative products.

Started P3: March 18/2013
Started Maintenance: April 1/2013
Reboot Started 1/2014

Last edited by evepet : 01-25-2013 at 11:39 AM.
evepet is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,158

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

Default

way to go lizzy on those new pants in a size 6!!! such good luck at your job interview!!! you got this!!!

greeniris....so good to see your smiling face pop in here even though you are in maintenance!!

molly....and barb....we can IM each other more details to keep personal info like that private! just on the cautious side!

alison...i know that must have made your day when they mentioned size small! you continue to just excel at this protocol!!! way to go gf!

queen...you are welcome!! never ever lose sight of your goal!!

welcome cactus and becky

maezy gf....kick up those heels in some pretty boots!!! send us a photo too!!!

evepet woohoo on the scale being down!! little by little...step by step....pound by pound we will make it!!

jampooh....i like to journal....i like writing things down...it helps me to keep the perspective!! we could all write a book!!! about our journies!!

hi bella, dana, cindy, everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #24
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,022

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
I had a nice NSV last night - I was at a training session for Master Gardeners in my county, and I was looking at the shirts that they had for sale at the break. I told the lady that was selling them that I wanted a light green one, and she said "OK, fill out the order form - what size do you take, small?"

OMG someone thought I was a size small! Not really even close to that, but OMG! Made my day!!

I have been buying clothes kind of out of necessity, because after you lose 66.8 pounds nothing fits, not even underwear. I share the concern about dressing too young. It has been so long since I have worn clothes that can even be remotely considered fitted, I'm just not even sure what I am supposed to look like, if that makes sense. Since I still have a ways to go with my weight loss, I am reluctant to buy anything too expensive or too many clothes at one particular size.
I'm shopping 2nd hand stores. I'm fine right now but when warm weather hits, I'll have ONE pair of capris. NOTHING ELSE!

My husband and I belong to a club that has T-Shirts. Last nite I inquired about a new one. Mine is a 2x and is basically a dress now. I said I could use a large but maybe I should wait a bit and just get a medium. The owner told me when I'm ready for a medium, she'll GIVE IT TO ME (I was offering to purchase). Definitely waiting for the M now! Since I've always been busty, I'm guessing a small will not be in the future.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,158

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashuaNutrition View Post
Nashua Nutrition would like to offer the 3 Fat Chicks Community a 10% Off Discount Code. Use Discount Code 3FATCHICKS (No Spaces) during checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.

This code will expire on Friday, February 1st 2013 at Midnight EST.

Limit 1 Coupon Use Per Customer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.

Please feel free to pass along this discount code to other 3 Fat Chicks Community members and/or forum postings.

Thank You,
Nashua Nutrition
www.NashuaNutrition.com
saw this post on anothwr thread!!! don't know if it works but pretty cool!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Yesmyqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 402

S/C/G: 236/181/165

Height: 5"2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm shopping 2nd hand stores. I'm fine right now but when warm weather hits, I'll have ONE pair of capris. NOTHING ELSE!

My husband and I belong to a club that has T-Shirts. Last nite I inquired about a new one. Mine is a 2x and is basically a dress now. I said I could use a large but maybe I should wait a bit and just get a medium. The owner told me when I'm ready for a medium, she'll GIVE IT TO ME (I was offering to purchase). Definitely waiting for the M now! Since I've always been busty, I'm guessing a small will not be in the future.
Wow your new avatar is so pretty!

Thanks for the code rainbow, will try it.
Yesmyqueen is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #27
6/26/12 start 355
 
Halfagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 789

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
saw this post on anothwr thread!!! don't know if it works but pretty cool!!
LOL well since I just placed a $60 order with them two days ago, without any coupons (I'm spoiled I have come to expect one available anymore), this one probably does work :-) I hope it does for everyone. This time I did order DH his own box of bars. I ordered myself an extra box from what I normally order too. I don't ever cheat by eating more than one a day, but anymore I pretty much exist on the veggies, protien allowance, and the RTD shakes from local stores, and a restricted bar. Sometimes do the chocolate cake packet too, but that's about it. Sounds boring I know, but honestly I've been so heads down with work since November, it's simple and easy for me.

Thank you Susan for sharing. I may double check the cupboard if there's anything else I need
__________________

Restart 6/3/14 using alternative brands

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
― Winston Churchill
Halfagain is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #28
6/26/12 start 355
 
Halfagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 789

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm shopping 2nd hand stores. I'm fine right now but when warm weather hits, I'll have ONE pair of capris. NOTHING ELSE!

My husband and I belong to a club that has T-Shirts. Last nite I inquired about a new one. Mine is a 2x and is basically a dress now. I said I could use a large but maybe I should wait a bit and just get a medium. The owner told me when I'm ready for a medium, she'll GIVE IT TO ME (I was offering to purchase). Definitely waiting for the M now! Since I've always been busty, I'm guessing a small will not be in the future.
Va-Va-Voom! wow look at you in that new Avitar! awesome! Great story on the T-Shirt :-)
__________________

Restart 6/3/14 using alternative brands

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
― Winston Churchill
Halfagain is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #29
IP start 7/30/2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,022

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Va-Va-Voom! wow look at you in that new Avitar! awesome! Great story on the T-Shirt :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Wow your new avatar is so pretty!
Thanks ladies!
For our newcomers, here is the old avatar, 60 lbs ago
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)

Maintaining for now, while we address thyroid healing

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
saw this post on anothwr thread!!! don't know if it works but pretty cool!!
Thanks so much for posting this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Thanks ladies!
For our newcomers, here is the old avatar, 60 lbs ago
You look fantastic!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
LOL well since I just placed a $60 order with them two days ago, without any coupons (I'm spoiled I have come to expect one available anymore), this one probably does work :-) I hope it does for everyone. This time I did order DH his own box of bars. I ordered myself an extra box from what I normally order too. I don't ever cheat by eating more than one a day, but anymore I pretty much exist on the veggies, protien allowance, and the RTD shakes from local stores, and a restricted bar. Sometimes do the chocolate cake packet too, but that's about it. Sounds boring I know, but honestly I've been so heads down with work since November, it's simple and easy for me.

Thank you Susan for sharing. I may double check the cupboard if there's anything else I need
Sounds like a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I've been tracking my daily food intake on fatsecret.com since last March. I love being able to see not only the carb/fat/protein intake per day, etc., but also the amount of sodium, potassium, etc. I find it really useful. You'll get to the point where it takes no time at all to keep track of things there.

--------------------------

Hi everyone. Was surprised when I stepped on my Omron this am to see that I'm down a bit again... down to 153.2 this am, which is about a -1lb loss in less than a week. Maybe some sodium retention before? Not sure... the only other thing I've been doing differently is adding the vibracize. It is supposed to help weight loss, so maybe it really IS helping. Whatever, I'll take it.

Hope all of you have a great day.
Thanks so much for the info and also for your website!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Holy cow! Don't check in for a couple days and we have 2 pages of a new thread already! Thanks Susan for starting this again.

Welcome to all the newbies! I love this thread, and spend most of my time here, even though I'm officially in maintenance now. It can be overwhelming to try to keep up with so many different threads, so find a couple you're comfortable with, then check in often and post frequently. It really does help, even if you have a great coach.

So many things I'd like to comment on, but time is limited lately...things at work are bad. Thankfully my supervisor is now out of town until a week from Monday. Should keep the stress levels down a bit.

Fishette - a special thank you to you for recommending the cream to help with my constant hot flashes. The cream does seem to be working - hot flashes are dwindling.

TGIF all!
You are SO right about finding a few threads to join. I just about gave up hope after posting a few places and was pretty much ignored but I am feeling so good about finding this thread!!

Thanks so much everyone
cactusflower is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 7 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 505 12-26-2012 05:22 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 6 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 492 11-29-2012 08:37 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 4 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 480 10-25-2012 09:20 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 3 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 488 09-28-2012 06:47 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2 DanafromAustin Ideal Protein Diet 535 09-10-2012 09:51 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2