3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 9

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #151
Senior Member
 
Yesmyqueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 407

S/C/G: 236/164/160

Height: 5"2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpenny View Post
I love this board. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll be back. Have been on the program for one month and have lost a little over 13 pounds. I want February to be as successful.
Hi girlpenny, yes come back often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I Love the boots! What a great present!

I have decided I'm going to upcycle some boots as a reward for myself. I've been scouring the thrift stores to find just the right boots. Sort of like these...I know they look junky but for some reason, I love them! http://www.etsy.com/listing/10612132..._type=handmade
Yes those are some cute boots, they grow on you after you look at them, I would wear them, go girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
sorry i have been awol lovely friends...i'm struggling with an issue of losing more weight vs maintaining for awhile. it has nothing to do about NOT wanting to lose more weight. it has more to do with dealing with the excess skin that is now becoming loose. i am researching how losing so much weight in a short amount of time effects the long term loose skin and last week i phased off and had a 7 pound gain and am freaking out a bit. i do know a gain is normal, still i am struggling with that and now not sure what to do.

i am horrified about gaining weight back but horrified about losing more and dealing with ugly loose skin.

i have NO health insurance and there is no way i could afford any surgery and even if i could am not sure i would be brave enought to do that anyway.

so i feel "stuck"....i feel like if i lose MORE weight right now, i will be devastated with the ugly loose flabby skin but if i gain i will be even more devastated.

so i am trying a different approach. i am "thinking" about a process i read about....when someone has as much to lose as i do, to lose 50% and them maintain 1 year, (but i would try 6 months) then lose 25% more, maintain again for 1 year, then lose the last 25%. during the maintaining period to add weight training and try not to lose or gain, and this will allow my body to heal and help with SOME of the loose skin issues.

lets face it, age is against me as is the amount needed to lose in total, as well as the length of time i have been overweight, so its an issue that i will have to come to terms with but for now i am struggling.

i am sorry i have not been posting.

i am not giving in nor am i giving up.

much love to you all
hugs
susan
Hi rainbow, so happy to here from you and by golly you do what feels right in your heart, we will all be right here with you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hello!

Susan, I truly hear you on the loose skin issue. I have a lot of that too. You do what is right for you! This is your journey, we're on the same path, but we each have to do what is right for us. My goodness, look how far you have come - no matter what you decide you are already a success. I know you are not leaving or giving up We need to keep supporting one another - I'm counting on you. If you stay with maintenance well you can have it figured out for when I get there

Ninjanurse - your new boots are awesome! In fact you inspired me to go looking for boots today too after work. However my calves are too big still for the kind of boots I'm looking for. I'm not going to settle for ankle highs so no boots for me yet. They will wait till I'm down some more lbs.

I did find some shoes I love. Italian leather - yes they were a true splurge that I didn't intend to do. I'm still trying to justify buying them.
only in a reddish/brown color. Nordstrom Rack is a discount store where they sell close outs, returns, or other. I didn't see any others like them, so I'm guessing they were a return. Anyway, I'm very happy. They will be going to GA on my trip! I tried on a couple dresses but decided I wouldn't get my monies worth out of them with my weight loss going on still. So I just had fun trying them on. I figure shoes will fit now even when I'm at goal, I've gone down a size already, and they aren't that much bigger than what I wore in high school.
I love those shoes! Halfagain you are truly my inspiration lately, you stay true and it shows with awesome losses!

Happy! Saturday everyone not doing much of anything today but I really should, like clean but seems like I just don't wanna, idk? DH has been working almost every weekend and I'm missing our hang out time, the old me would eat something, think ill go get a manni/pedi, to get me dressed and out of the house.
__________________


Re-Start 5-26-2014 weight 223




Yesmyqueen is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #152
Started IP April 27, 2011
 
wuv2bloved's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 7,106

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
sorry i have been awol lovely friends...i'm struggling with an issue of losing more weight vs maintaining for awhile. it has nothing to do about NOT wanting to lose more weight. it has more to do with dealing with the excess skin that is now becoming loose. i am researching how losing so much weight in a short amount of time effects the long term loose skin and last week i phased off and had a 7 pound gain and am freaking out a bit. i do know a gain is normal, still i am struggling with that and now not sure what to do.

i am horrified about gaining weight back but horrified about losing more and dealing with ugly loose skin.

i have NO health insurance and there is no way i could afford any surgery and even if i could am not sure i would be brave enought to do that anyway.

so i feel "stuck"....i feel like if i lose MORE weight right now, i will be devastated with the ugly loose flabby skin but if i gain i will be even more devastated.

so i am trying a different approach. i am "thinking" about a process i read about....when someone has as much to lose as i do, to lose 50% and them maintain 1 year, (but i would try 6 months) then lose 25% more, maintain again for 1 year, then lose the last 25%. during the maintaining period to add weight training and try not to lose or gain, and this will allow my body to heal and help with SOME of the loose skin issues.

lets face it, age is against me as is the amount needed to lose in total, as well as the length of time i have been overweight, so its an issue that i will have to come to terms with but for now i am struggling.

i am sorry i have not been posting.

i am not giving in nor am i giving up.

much love to you all
hugs
susan
I don't usually come here but was asked to come and post to you.....Rainbow, you and I have discuss this in detail already. This is something YOU will have to decide on your own, I agree with what another poster said about losing all that you need to lose then focus on other issues. Clothes do amazing things now a days, You saw that I posted my "bare apron" and how big it was but you can't tell its there with clothes on. ONLY I see is bare, no one else. Like I always say you have to accept who you are inside and out, until you do that you will have issues. You are beautiful both inside and out and you need to realize that. That lose skin does not affect who you are. Its just your shell, its from within that is your true self. If I have to post my bare apron here as well for everyone here to see I will, and I think you know that. This body I am in is a work in progress, I don't think it will ever be complete. You surely came to the right place for support...Good luck with this, you know how to get in touch with me....
__________________


my YouTube videos, subscribe and you will be alerted when I post new ones
http://www.youtube.com/user/wuv2bloved?feature=guide
My continued Weight loss Journey https://www.facebook.com/CornerYourI...ghtLossJourney
wuv2bloved is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #153
Senior Member
 
NinjaNurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 593

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Default

Rainbow

It is a slippery slope, not being comfortable when we are heavy, and not comfortable with our new bodies either. You do have to do what is right for you. BUT you are not alone. I know people who have had GI and have the same issue, I don't know anyone who has had surgery. Just know you have been an inspiration for us and maybe we need to send some of those vibes back at ya!!
__________________
NinjaNurse is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #154
Senior Member
 
NinjaNurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 593

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Default

Halfagain I can't see your shoes, but I am at work, I will have to try again at home.

evepet, maezey1 and all: I may have jumped the gun on the boots regarding my calves. I have lost 2 inches in them but know they are still big. I am hoping these boots will fit ok. I had to get them online because I have no idea where to get real cowboy boots in NE. BUT, I see a line dancing gtg in our future!!!
__________________

Last edited by NinjaNurse : 02-02-2013 at 05:22 PM.
NinjaNurse is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #155
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 995

Default

Ninjanurse just went and looked at some boots and I think I have it narrowed down to 4 pairs....oh the wait is on for the weight to come off!
The boots will fit soon so keep them near you as inspiration. You are gonna look awesome in them! Line dancing is fun! DH and I go cajun dancing every so often and I plan to break them in there!
__________________

TOTAL:100 !!!!
4/8/13 - 14 lbs from NORMAL weight range!
2/26/13 - Onederland!
2/11/13 - no longer obese!!!!!!
Don't sacrifice what you want the most for what you want this moment

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse

"I am in control of my food. Food is not in control of me"
maezy1 is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #156
Senior Member
 
Nolawhodatchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 417

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
sorry i have been awol lovely friends...

much love to you all
hugs
susan
Hugs and love to you, Susan! Don't worry, you will figure out what to do. It's going to be ok and it will work out just the way it is meant to. We are all here for you to support you no matter what path you take. I bet the lovely ladies on the maintainers board are full of "been there, done that" in regards to the emotions and experiences you are going through with the phase off/gain. As the saying goes, keep calm and carry on! It's so nice to hear from you.

Sandra
__________________




Entered Maintenance Feb. 19, 2013 at 144 lbs.
Started reboot June 18, 2014.
Nolawhodatchick is offline  
Old 02-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #157
Senior Member
 
NinjaNurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 593

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
Ninjanurse just went and looked at some boots and I think I have it narrowed down to 4 pairs....oh the wait is on for the weight to come off!
The boots will fit soon so keep them near you as inspiration. You are gonna look awesome in them! Line dancing is fun! DH and I go cajun dancing every so often and I plan to break them in there!
Pics please. You can PM me. Cajun like Zydeco?? OMG I would love that!!! I am so visiting you!!!
__________________
NinjaNurse is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #158
Choosing with every bite.
 
WebRover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,856

S/C/G: 212.5/153.4/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Woo Hoo! Not my official weight-in day, but the scale shows me this morning at a normal BMI, normal range for weight. Just.

Even if my weight bounces up and down; even if it's slightly above normal on my official weigh-in day (Friday), I don't care. I reached normal weight.

I've tried to get there for YEARS. I really in my heart of hearts did not believe it possible to achieve until I changed my eating to this plan.

My initial target is a few more pounds down to give me some wiggle room. However, I now believe my target will be lower, just not sure yet how much lower. I still want to lose at least two more inches in my waist so I may drop my goal 5 pounds at a time until I know what it will truly be.

Woo Hoo.

__________________
Started 9th of April 2007; Started IP protocol 20th September, 2012 at 193 pounds.
Reached goal March 2013; Maintained via Paleo/Primal since.
WebRover is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #159
Senior Member
 
Chloe222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,326

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
sorry i have been awol lovely friends...i'm struggling with an issue of losing more weight vs maintaining for awhile. it has nothing to do about NOT wanting to lose more weight. it has more to do with dealing with the excess skin that is now becoming loose. i am researching how losing so much weight in a short amount of time effects the long term loose skin and last week i phased off and had a 7 pound gain and am freaking out a bit. i do know a gain is normal, still i am struggling with that and now not sure what to do.

i am horrified about gaining weight back but horrified about losing more and dealing with ugly loose skin.

i have NO health insurance and there is no way i could afford any surgery and even if i could am not sure i would be brave enought to do that anyway.

so i feel "stuck"....i feel like if i lose MORE weight right now, i will be devastated with the ugly loose flabby skin but if i gain i will be even more devastated.

so i am trying a different approach. i am "thinking" about a process i read about....when someone has as much to lose as i do, to lose 50% and them maintain 1 year, (but i would try 6 months) then lose 25% more, maintain again for 1 year, then lose the last 25%. during the maintaining period to add weight training and try not to lose or gain, and this will allow my body to heal and help with SOME of the loose skin issues.

lets face it, age is against me as is the amount needed to lose in total, as well as the length of time i have been overweight, so its an issue that i will have to come to terms with but for now i am struggling.

i am sorry i have not been posting.

i am not giving in nor am i giving up.

much love to you all
hugs
susan
Susan,
I'm so glad to hear from you, was concerned something happened to you. Do you remember Sewmam? She also lost a lot of weight (maybe 150 pounds? not sure off hand but an impressive amount) and was using an oil-cream blend to help tighten skin. From memory, I think this was Moroccan argon oil as the primary ingredient and another item since the argon oil is pretty expensive. I copied this and my version is Moroccan argon oil (good prices on Amazon) with Jergens CoQ-10 skin tightening cream (drug store). I was using every night after my bath (pores open, skin absorbs product more easily). I think it helped. I had forgotten about it when I went off plan, will go back now. You might find it helpful. I haven't seen Sewmam recently, maybe someone else has? If so, we could find out how well its working for her. In any case, we are with you as you work through this, lean on us. You have helped so many for so long.

Ninja and Maezy,
Beautiful boots and shoes here ladies!

For those not able to buy exotic footwear locally, think about Zappos.com. They have free shipping and free returns, so easy to work with.

Enjoy the SuperBowl,
Chloe
__________________



Last edited by Chloe222 : 02-03-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Chloe222 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #160
6/26/12 start 355
 
Halfagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 844

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Default

I just ordered a tea chest for all the tea I have floating around in the kitchen. Since I've cut back on regular coffee, I've moved to herbal tea a lot. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 Ahh that's right, I bought one of the used (like new) ones. Saved few dollars I guess. Anyway, hope I love it.

Between DH's favorite teas and mine we have a lot of tea selections. He like the "zingers" whereas I am not a fan of lots of hibiscus in mine. I've gotten into the licorice, cinnamon, or lemon ginger flavors.

I went to Value Village yesterday looking for office attire for the big training trip. I found some Worthington slacks (2 pair), a skirt, and a top all for $20. I did have to sew the hem on one leg of a pair of pants that had been stapled lol. While I was at it, I got out all the sewing items that needed buttons, or seams repaired. Amazing how you get back so many things to wear once you get that button sewen back on . I need to find a black blouse to go with the skirt yet.

Teena, loved your idea of a mani/pedi (great minds think alike!) I got my manicure done yesterday too.

Thanks all for the nice comments on the new shoes!
__________________

Restart 6/3/14 using alternative brands

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
― Winston Churchill
Halfagain is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #161
Started IP 1/16/2012
 
WingnutandMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan
Posts: 1,180

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

First gain in my 54 weeks on IP. It was just .2, but still a gain. In the past, my gains were never immediate, they would not show up for at least a week. I remember that the week before last was not as good in the eating department, but this last week was much better. Hopefully, next week's WI will show a better result. These last pounds are a struggle, but I would really like to lose them. Forge on, Molly.
__________________


Started maintenance 3/7/2013

WingnutandMe is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #162
Senior Member
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,158

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

Default much love to everyone

much love to everyone...thank you all for caring and for sharing your words of wisdom. it means so much to me to have all of your love and support as i DO believe this is a journey that we are taking together. I do know it is my decision but it sure helps to get others opinions and suggestions and thoughts. i can not thank you all enough for your words of encouragement. hugsssssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Welcome back, you know we love you and we're here to support you with whatever. There are prices to pay with getting healthy, unfortunately. You raise some thinking points. I've been fortunate. My only loose skin is on my face and it's not too bad. probably a "good" by-product of my edema, everything stays puffy.

Molly
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
So glad to see you dropping by Susan, I was worried about you. Please keep on coming in no matter what you decide to do and it does that a lot of though.
I didn't have as much to lose, at goal it is 70 pounds gone. I did get to goal but regained some and working on that again. But at goal I had an awful fold of loose skin around my belly which made it so hard to find pants that fit correctly.

So think carefully what you ned to do. The maintaining plan may work well if you incorporate exercise as well.

Good luck and don't be a stranger!
Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Rainbow, I hate to see you go off IP. You have done so well. The weight loss is more important, I think than our saggy skin. I have plenty of loose skin too but it hides under my clothes. I can not afford any surgery either. I am eatibg rhubarb jello to help! Best wishes with whatever you decide to do. You're a beautiful lady, inside and out. Take care, Becky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hello!

Susan, I truly hear you on the loose skin issue. I have a lot of that too. You do what is right for you! This is your journey, we're on the same path, but we each have to do what is right for us. My goodness, look how far you have come - no matter what you decide you are already a success. I know you are not leaving or giving up We need to keep supporting one another - I'm counting on you. If you stay with maintenance well you can have it figured out for when I get there

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
On loose skin - I have been told by one of the top obesity specialists in the country, Dr. Arthur Frank, that you need to lose the weight you need to/want to, then wait six months - at that point your body will have absorbed whatever excess skin it can - and then deal with it. There are sites online that say that you really need to wait even longer than that. My problem areas are my upper arms, thigh area, tummy tuck area and of course, chest. I'm figuring for the tummy tuck area and boobs, it is going to be a job for Spanx/a good bra. For the thighs and underarms, I am going to consult with my dermatologist. My dermatologist happens to be the same guy (no lie) who reattached John Bobbit's penis! I figure if he can do that, my problems are MINOR, lol!! I think I have heard that for things like skin tightening under arms and so forth they have a laser procedure that can tighten things up somewhat without actual surgery. I think that I could live with a small improvement in those areas, since it is not like I run around in booty shorts and tank tops anyway!

Anyway, Rainbow, big hugs to you and I encourage you to stay with it! We will all get through this together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Good to hear from you, Susan! You are the only one who can decide what's right for you and I'm sure we will all support your choice.

A lot of good discussion on the maintainers thread lately, if you want to check that out. Hope you'll join us over there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Rainbow - so glad to hear from you. I can well understand your wanting to take some time and thoroughly explore your options about this. But you don't need to stay away while you do it! We're all here for you.

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
WTG Lisa! Fantastic job!


Love your sense of humor...let us know what you come up with! And hope the crinkles aren't anything serious.


Hi Mama! That is great customer service! Hope things are going well for you


Lizzy - kudos to you on walking your pooch in these sub-zero temps...not sure I would be as dedicated. Does your dog wear a coat & boots?


I Like! Congrats! I have a pair somewhere I should dig out.


Great job! You're doing great!


Hugs right back to you dear lady. Am so sorry to hear you're struggling.


Cute shoes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
SUSAN[/b] love u and support you whatever your decision! You are an inspiration!
GREENIRIS thrilled that you don't have to have surgery!! Take is slowly and PT is wonderful! I love my PT peeps!
HALFAGAINgreat shoes! Nice to be able to wear shoes without having kankles isnt it?!
NINJANURSE OMG! Im getting a pair very similar when I hit Onederland!!! Mine have a little more turquoise to them! Headed to the country western boot store in town in a few minutes to boost my motivation!!! I am only 9lbs from those boots!!!!!! PSYCHED!!!
Have a great day all! It is a BEAUTIFUL weekend in Baton Rouge today and I plan on spending as much of it outside as I can. I really appreciate a healthy body these days especially when I can walk without too much aching in my new knee! ya think my recovery was helped by losing 55 lbs???HAHAHA
Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
Allison - lol about your doc and his great skill.

I do think it takes longer at our age for the loose skin to get better and some of it never will. Even woman that were always skinny have loose skin. I have heard that some insurance companies have paid for skin removal after weight loss but that was probably in the 80s. Also remember women on IP talking about rubbing/massaging cocoa butter or any lotion on.
I did make it through last night on plan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hi girlpenny, yes come back often!


Yes those are some cute boots, they grow on you after you look at them, I would wear them, go girl!


Hi rainbow, so happy to here from you and by golly you do what feels right in your heart, we will all be right here with you.




I love those shoes! Halfagain you are truly my inspiration lately, you stay true and it shows with awesome losses!

Happy! Saturday everyone not doing much of anything today but I really should, like clean but seems like I just don't wanna, idk? DH has been working almost every weekend and I'm missing our hang out time, the old me would eat something, think ill go get a manni/pedi, to get me dressed and out of the house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I don't usually come here but was asked to come and post to you.....Rainbow, you and I have discuss this in detail already. This is something YOU will have to decide on your own, I agree with what another poster said about losing all that you need to lose then focus on other issues. Clothes do amazing things now a days, You saw that I posted my "bare apron" and how big it was but you can't tell its there with clothes on. ONLY I see is bare, no one else. Like I always say you have to accept who you are inside and out, until you do that you will have issues. You are beautiful both inside and out and you need to realize that. That lose skin does not affect who you are. Its just your shell, its from within that is your true self. If I have to post my bare apron here as well for everyone here to see I will, and I think you know that. This body I am in is a work in progress, I don't think it will ever be complete. You surely came to the right place for support...Good luck with this, you know how to get in touch with me....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Rainbow

It is a slippery slope, not being comfortable when we are heavy, and not comfortable with our new bodies either. You do have to do what is right for you. BUT you are not alone. I know people who have had GI and have the same issue, I don't know anyone who has had surgery. Just know you have been an inspiration for us and maybe we need to send some of those vibes back at ya!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Hugs and love to you, Susan! Don't worry, you will figure out what to do. It's going to be ok and it will work out just the way it is meant to. We are all here for you to support you no matter what path you take. I bet the lovely ladies on the maintainers board are full of "been there, done that" in regards to the emotions and experiences you are going through with the phase off/gain. As the saying goes, keep calm and carry on! It's so nice to hear from you.

Sandra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Susan,
I'm so glad to hear from you, was concerned something happened to you. Do you remember Sewmam? She also lost a lot of weight (maybe 150 pounds? not sure off hand but an impressive amount) and was using an oil-cream blend to help tighten skin. From memory, I think this was Moroccan argon oil as the primary ingredient and another item since the argon oil is pretty expensive. I copied this and my version is Moroccan argon oil (good prices on Amazon) with Jergens CoQ-10 skin tightening cream (drug store). I was using every night after my bath (pores open, skin absorbs product more easily). I think it helped. I had forgotten about it when I went off plan, will go back now. You might find it helpful. I haven't seen Sewmam recently, maybe someone else has? If so, we could find out how well its working for her. In any case, we are with you as you work through this, lean on us. You have helped so many for so long.

Ninja and Maezy,
Beautiful boots and shoes here ladies!

For those not able to buy exotic footwear locally, think about Zappos.com. They have free shipping and free returns, so easy to work with.

Enjoy the SuperBowl,
Chloe

Last edited by rainbowsmiles : 02-03-2013 at 03:14 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #163
Senior Member
 
rainbowsmiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Carolina Girl
Posts: 4,158

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I just ordered a tea chest for all the tea I have floating around in the kitchen. Since I've cut back on regular coffee, I've moved to herbal tea a lot. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 Ahh that's right, I bought one of the used (like new) ones. Saved few dollars I guess. Anyway, hope I love it.

Between DH's favorite teas and mine we have a lot of tea selections. He like the "zingers" whereas I am not a fan of lots of hibiscus in mine. I've gotten into the licorice, cinnamon, or lemon ginger flavors.

I went to Value Village yesterday looking for office attire for the big training trip. I found some Worthington slacks (2 pair), a skirt, and a top all for $20. I did have to sew the hem on one leg of a pair of pants that had been stapled lol. While I was at it, I got out all the sewing items that needed buttons, or seams repaired. Amazing how you get back so many things to wear once you get that button sewen back on . I need to find a black blouse to go with the skirt yet.

Teena, loved your idea of a mani/pedi (great minds think alike!) I got my manicure done yesterday too.

Thanks all for the nice comments on the new shoes!
i have a tea caddy something similar only no glass top. love the one with the glass though!! and i love those shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #164
Senior Member
 
Chloe222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,326

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebRover View Post
Woo Hoo! Not my official weight-in day, but the scale shows me this morning at a normal BMI, normal range for weight. Just.

Even if my weight bounces up and down; even if it's slightly above normal on my official weigh-in day (Friday), I don't care. I reached normal weight.

I've tried to get there for YEARS. I really in my heart of hearts did not believe it possible to achieve until I changed my eating to this plan.

My initial target is a few more pounds down to give me some wiggle room. However, I now believe my target will be lower, just not sure yet how much lower. I still want to lose at least two more inches in my waist so I may drop my goal 5 pounds at a time until I know what it will truly be.

Woo Hoo.

Congrats on reaching a healthy BMI!

Molly - I gained for no reason 1 week, but lost it the next and I'm sure you will too. You have done so well and I bet feel so good. Just think how fabulous you'll feel next summer, wearing cute summer clothes up at your lake house in Michigan with DH!
__________________


Chloe222 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #165
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 995

Default

Such a great weekend! I am able to do so much more than I have been able to do in a long time. Just have to remind myself to take it slowly since i am just 6 weeks out from surgery.
I hit 60 lbs off today!!! Pretty excited!
It amazes me how much we change in our thinking and views as we go through this journey of self discovery. Friday at work several people dubbed my eating plan "extreme dieting" I just laughed! 2 months ago I really would have let this get to me and really questioned whether IP was right for me. Now I don't question because I KNOW it's right for me and the results speak volumes. I just think it's funny that people think that they get to "vote" on my eating plan!!!
__________________

TOTAL:100 !!!!
4/8/13 - 14 lbs from NORMAL weight range!
2/26/13 - Onederland!
2/11/13 - no longer obese!!!!!!
Don't sacrifice what you want the most for what you want this moment

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse

"I am in control of my food. Food is not in control of me"
maezy1 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 7 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 505 12-26-2012 06:22 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 6 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 492 11-29-2012 09:37 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 4 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 480 10-25-2012 10:20 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 3 rainbowsmiles Ideal Protein Diet 488 09-28-2012 07:47 PM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2 DanafromAustin Ideal Protein Diet 535 09-10-2012 10:51 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2