3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/23/2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 05:52 AM   #1
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,926

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/23/2013


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 68

Default

One day until my first week's WI! I couldn't wait so I jumped on my digital scale this morning and it reads -11lbs! I really hope its not broke, will find out tomorrow!

I am really excited to get a bag of IP products that I pick! Today and tomorrow I am struggling a through a couple of packets I know I am not going to like. Should have stopped them and checked the bag before I left on my first initial visit!
Dolemite is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:45 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 278

S/C/G: 222/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Default

WI last night. After last week and gaining 0.5lb, early TOM and generally feeling discouraged all week, I lost 2lbs. I can see P2 in my near future!

My coach wants me to get to 30% or less body fat before moving to the next phase, which is 3.3% further...and I would like another 13lbs gone.

These last few weeks have been very slow for me and very frustrating. I have been having a difficult time staying focused. I have been 100% OP but it has been difficult and I have thought about going into P2 earlier just to move on. But, after last night's WI, I feel better and am more focused to lose those last few stubborn pounds and move on in the right mind frame.

Have a great day everyone!
__________________
EPAPRN is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,906

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

Great news for both of the above posters! It's very cool to see a "just starting" enthusiasm with an "almost there" post right after! Awesomeness!!
__________________
IP43 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #5
Diane on track July 2014
 
IP43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,906

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Default

I posted this under the "what to do if you slip up" thread, but I'll put it here too in case the website is of interest to some people.

I was looking for something under my "favourites" and forgot about this link but it may be helpful. (I love when things just "appear" when you need them). It's the link to information on how to handle small and large "slip ups" by the Dr. who created the IP diet -- so we'll assume he knows what he's talking about

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article254

The best advice is to NOT cheat, as it puts you off track for a few days, which adds to the expense of your food and time, and it can be very hard to refocus when you start letting "little cheats" sneak in--I can tell you from experience "restarting" is not easy! So let's stick OP today!
__________________

Last edited by IP43 : 01-23-2013 at 07:08 AM.
IP43 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
Started IP 12/6/12
 
bubbleblower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 636

S/C/G: 174/134/134

Height: 5'7"

Default

Good morning, IP'ers!! I just had weigh-in number 7, and have dropped another 2.5 pounds ... Slow and steady, but getting it done!! Other than my first two weeks, this is the biggest one week loss for me yet, and I've been 100% OP since day 1. I'm psyched because I'm down to the last 10 pounds, although my exact goal weight is ultimately going to depend on how I feel and how clothes fit.

As IP43 said, let's stick OP today!!!!
__________________



Last edited by bubbleblower : 01-23-2013 at 07:23 AM.
bubbleblower is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 453

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Default

Awesome news all around. Way to go bubbleblower.

EPARN - totally can understand with the last 10, hang in there.

I am at 124 as of this morning, I am 5'2 and from what I can see is I have a few more to go. Playing it day to day.

Feeling good, happy to be at the last few, I dont have the energy to workout, hoping to restart once on P2.

Headed to Bahamas tomorrow for a 4 day weekend, will be OP, packing my RTDs. Have my official weigh in later this afternoon
__________________
Sonya

WI#1 -7.2, WI#2 -0.8
WI#3 -3.6 WI#4 - 2.6
WI#5 +0.6 WI#6 -2.0
WI#7 -0.8 WI#8 -3.0
WI#9 -0.6 WI#10 -0
WI#11 -3.0 WI#12 -0.4
WI#13 +2.8 WI#14 +0.2
WI#15 -3.8 WI#16 -2.0
sonyainva is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
One day until my first week's WI! I couldn't wait so I jumped on my digital scale this morning and it reads -11lbs! I really hope its not broke, will find out tomorrow!

I am really excited to get a bag of IP products that I pick! Today and tomorrow I am struggling a through a couple of packets I know I am not going to like. Should have stopped them and checked the bag before I left on my first initial visit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPRN View Post
WI last night. After last week and gaining 0.5lb, early TOM and generally feeling discouraged all week, I lost 2lbs. I can see P2 in my near future!

My coach wants me to get to 30% or less body fat before moving to the next phase, which is 3.3% further...and I would like another 13lbs gone.

These last few weeks have been very slow for me and very frustrating. I have been having a difficult time staying focused. I have been 100% OP but it has been difficult and I have thought about going into P2 earlier just to move on. But, after last night's WI, I feel better and am more focused to lose those last few stubborn pounds and move on in the right mind frame.

Have a great day everyone!

Congrats to both of you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I posted this under the "what to do if you slip up" thread, but I'll put it here too in case the website is of interest to some people.

I was looking for something under my "favourites" and forgot about this link but it may be helpful. (I love when things just "appear" when you need them). It's the link to information on how to handle small and large "slip ups" by the Dr. who created the IP diet -- so we'll assume he knows what he's talking about

http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?article254

The best advice is to NOT cheat, as it puts you off track for a few days, which adds to the expense of your food and time, and it can be very hard to refocus when you start letting "little cheats" sneak in--I can tell you from experience "restarting" is not easy! So let's stick OP today!
There's also a post somewhere on the forum called The REAL cost of cheating - I don't have time to search for it now but it's a good post!

Sonya, have a great time in the sunshine!!!

Weighed in this morning before getting the minion ready for school - I'm down 1.4lbs! Surprising as I think TOM is paying me an early visit, but I'll take it!!! 3.4lbs to goal!
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Dinie89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg,MB
Posts: 140

Height: 5'8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
One day until my first week's WI! I couldn't wait so I jumped on my digital scale this morning and it reads -11lbs! I really hope its not broke, will find out tomorrow!

I am really excited to get a bag of IP products that I pick! Today and tomorrow I am struggling a through a couple of packets I know I am not going to like. Should have stopped them and checked the bag before I left on my first initial visit!

Congrats - my first bag came with some not so pleasing things either still 3 months later trying to use some of the items up - I was told that it's a standard variety selection to show you different things but everyplace is dif
__________________
TIME TO RE START -
Dinie89 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Nolawhodatchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 417

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Congrats to both of you!!!



There's also a post somewhere on the forum called The REAL cost of cheating - I don't have time to search for it now but it's a good post!

Sonya, have a great time in the sunshine!!!

Weighed in this morning before getting the minion ready for school - I'm down 1.4lbs! Surprising as I think TOM is paying me an early visit, but I'll take it!!! 3.4lbs to goal!
"The REAL cost of cheating" thread is in the FAQ sticky. It's included in the very first post by Suzanne of 3fc (in the faq sticky)

Congrats to everyone on their losses.
__________________




Entered Maintenance Feb. 19, 2013 at 144 lbs.
Started reboot June 18, 2014.

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick : 01-23-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Nolawhodatchick is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
WorldTraveleronIP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 348

S/C/G: 219/168/130

Height: 5'1''

Default

Congratulations to all who posted their losses! I was weighing myself too much last week (first week when the loss is significant) but from experience, I know it won't be the same this week, so I have backed off. My next weigh in is on Sunday morning.

I wish everyone a happy Wednesday OP!
__________________

WorldTraveleronIP is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #12
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,926

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Congrats on the great WIs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinie89 View Post
Congrats - my first bag came with some not so pleasing things either still 3 months later trying to use some of the items up - I was told that it's a standard variety selection to show you different things but everyplace is dif
Ask if you can exchange them. My coach was fine with it.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos


Last edited by lisa32989 : 01-23-2013 at 09:49 AM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
jenshoopie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 19

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Default

Back in the saddle again! Day 2... I have a lot of parties and travel coming up, but I decided I cannot postpone any longer. There will never be a perfect time, so I might as well jump right back in.

This website is so motivating and encouraging. Thank you to all who take the time to post!
jenshoopie is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #14
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,748

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Congrats on all the losses!

EPAPRN- Those last few pounds are stubborn! If I see the woosh fairy, I'll send her your way.

sonya- good luck on the weigh in & have fun in the Bahamas! It's been pretty cold here the last few days, I could use a nice tropical vacation right now.

Since last Friday, I've been swapping my dinner and lunch. I haven't had any hunger issues since then, and have more energy in the evenings. It definitely works better with my schedule. I'm up at 5:30 everyday, and don't get home until 4:30-5pm, so I had a loooong day before I could get my dinner in.

Hoping everyone has a great OP day!
__________________
started maintenance 6/14/13
ragdoll74 is offline  
Old 01-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #15
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 7,926

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenshoopie View Post
Back in the saddle again! Day 2... I have a lot of parties and travel coming up, but I decided I cannot postpone any longer. There will never be a perfect time, so I might as well jump right back in.
If you wait until the perfect time, you'll never do it. I knew with over 100 lbs to lose, I had to commit to getting thru anything. This has meant football tailgates, winery trips, fall parties, holiday parties, bar with friends, vacations, more parties, festivals, special dinners, special celebrations.

We learn to live without the excess food, and that will make us stronger in maintenance. If we only focus on what we're missing (and how soon we can have it again), we're not learning a thing about how to keep it off, & all the struggle to actually lose the weight is for nothing!

I did Atkins 10 years ago and lost 100 lbs. I rarely went "hungry". I sometimes binged. I never learned to "go without". This is very different. I've shocked all my friends at my resolve. No one has seen a cheat. That's because I don't. Nothing is worth the possibility of not getting to goal. I have a goal and nothing/nobody is getting in my way. I am stronger than the food.
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

lisa32989 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2