Frozen Meals

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Have you ever eaten any Frozen Meals that are IP friendly for dinner? Sometimes I'm in such a ridiculous hurry with the kids activities, I'd love to just warm something up. I know this isn't for every night. I'm talking about a night when I'm just not getting it together.

Thanks
    Rebecca
  • Quote: Have you ever eaten any Frozen Meals that are IP friendly for dinner? Sometimes I'm in such a ridiculous hurry with the kids activities, I'd love to just warm something up. I know this isn't for every night. I'm talking about a night when I'm just not getting it together.

Thanks
    Rebecca
    I don't think any frozen meals that are acceptable for Phase 1 exist. They are generally loaded with sugar, salt, carbs, etc.

However, if you take one afternoon a week and "batch cook" you can have frozen dinners that are homemade and totally OP.

Also, for nights that are crazy busy, what about a few hard-boiled eggs and a bag of frozen broccoli?
  • I doubt you're going to find any Phase-1 appropriate frozen meals, unless you made them yourself and freeze them for those busy 'emergency' evenings.
  • Great ideas. Thats what I'll do
  • Crazy busy= pick up rotisserie chicken & frozen veggies
  • When I am traveling, I open up one of those packages of water packed tuna and put some Walden Farms Italian dressing on it for the protein and eat one of the crunchy vegs like celery with it. Or raw cauliflower. Of course for the veg you can always open a can of something.
  • I actually buy a package of chicken breasts and cook them all up at the beginning of the week. Just sautee some garlic and EVOO until the garlic browns, add the chicken and cook for a few minutes on each side, then add about a cup of chicken broth, some bay leaves, and basil, bring it to a boil and then turn down to simmer - cover it and cook for about 20 minutes until the chicken is totally cooked through. That way I have a good "base" protein at my fingertips all week long, all I have to do is reheat with seasonings or dressing/sauces and add my veggies!
  • I make my pancakes in a bunch and just reheat for breakfast (except when DH helps himself...ahem...) Mornings are busier for me so I used to skip breakfast and this is way faster. I always thought if I made thicker pancakes I could probably pop into toaster like an Eggo Waffle, but haven't tried that yet

I'm making up the Rotini right now for a tuna salad for lunch, but I think that would be an "easy freeze with veggies, and some WF alfredo sauce"
  • Everyone else gave great suggestions. You should follow them! That being said, I just did a preliminary search of Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, Atkins, and Amy's. Out of all of those, these two are the only ones that even come close to being on plan (they are not on plan, but they come the closest):

http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/...roductID=10381 and http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/...roductID=10382

Once again, everyone else had much better suggestions. Let me repeat, neither of these meals is on plan. If you find yourself in a bind and frozen meals are the only thing to be found, these are the closest that I can find.
  • Quote: Everyone else gave great suggestions. You should follow them! That being said, I just did a preliminary search of Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, Atkins, and Amy's. Out of all of those, these two are the only ones that even come close to being on plan (they are not on plan, but they come the closest):

http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/...roductID=10381 and http://www.leancuisine.com/Products/...roductID=10382

Once again, everyone else had much better suggestions. Let me repeat, neither of these meals is on plan. If you find yourself in a bind and frozen meals are the only thing to be found, these are the closest that I can find.
    Good call - we all know that stuff can happen and it's good to have emergency tools in your back pocket, but yes these should be last resort only - and if you DO find yourself having to fall back on something like this, remember that you would have to eat additional protein and veggies as soon as you were able, that same day. The meals only account for about 3oz protein and maybe a half cup to 3/4 cup of veggies.
  • I hear you on those crazy, busy evenings! That's when I miss convenience foods the most. Everyone had great suggestions. Another idea: For quick protein, you could always make an omelette (2 eggs, 2 egg whites). Add some chopped veggies, nuke some frozen veggies, or open a can of something "legal" and you are set.
  • I spend one day a week and batch cook - It makes cooking meals sooo much easier - today was batch cooking day - hamburger meat and chicken in the croc pot - now all frozen in my freezer waiting to be eaten - simple pull out defrost heat meals =)
  • I just did that with a soup recipe - tripled the recipe I had that makes 2 servings, tossed it all in the crockpot, and then once it cooked and cooled off I separated it into 6 containers. Voila, my 2 cups veggies at my fingertips whenever I need it!
  • Quote: Crazy busy= pick up rotisserie chicken & frozen veggies
    This is exactly what I do when I don't have time to cook.

Another very quick option is fish - Costco sells some excellent wild caught fish in individual frozen serving packs. If I know I'm not going to have much time to cook, I pull those out of the freezer and let them defrost in the fridge during the day. When I get home I throw some spices on them and bake in the oven ( it usually only takes 10 or 15 minutes).
  • What we do for fast dinners is either eggs, or some ground beef cooked with an over easy egg on top. Weird sound but GOOD! lol