Old 02-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #121  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
Yes, I am only 4.3 pounds (Birthday suit weight not attila-the-hun scale) from being OBESE! Much better then being MORBID OBESE!

Horns, last spring the Wife and I went to one of the weight loss clinics that offered IP. Didn't like the facility, didn't like the coach and we walked out. When daughter-in-law lost all that weight we went to her facility. that's where I meet out current coach (the descentant from attila-the-hun). I really like her. When my wife dropped 6.6 pounds I thought attila-the-hun was more happy then my wife, they were giving each other high-fives and laughing and my wife was so happy she was getting weepy...

Attila-the-hun was a Personal Trainer for years prior to becoming an IP coach. I think she LOVES her work and she knows it is 80-90% diet and the rest exercise.

Way to go Bears! I hoping to hit obese pretty soon too!! My coach hasn't mentioned anything about exercise yet. Do you know when we should start? I thought you weren't supposed to do much the first couple of weeks.

Looking forward to WI #2 on Monday. As of this morning the naked scale says 14lbs lost so far but we'll have to see what hers says! I wish she'd let me get naked for weight in... (Maybe at 220!)
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

M35A
Good Job.....lets see some dancing....
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
Way to go Bears! I hoping to hit obese pretty soon too!! My coach hasn't mentioned anything about exercise yet. Do you know when we should start? I thought you weren't supposed to do much the first couple of weeks.

Looking forward to WI #2 on Monday. As of this morning the naked scale says 14lbs lost so far but we'll have to see what hers says! I wish she'd let me get naked for weight in... (Maybe at 220!)
My coach didn't want me to exercise for the first month. I have heard 2 and 3 weeks from other coaches. You just want to make sure your body has fully stabilized to the new diet otherwise any exercise will be counter productive to your progress.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #124  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcamper View Post
M35A
I'm more a "stand in place" kind of dancer
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
M35A
Today was a first for me. I reached for a pair of 44 waist pants. They fit and I will be taking all my 46" waist pants to the salvation army this weekend.

Fortunitly I kept all my pants as the weight gains caused me to shift into expanded waist sizes. I always remember when I brought my first pair of 42" waist pants "NEVER will I buy ANOTHER pair of 42" pants! I am gonna diet and get back into the 40" waist pants. About a year later it was the same story with 44" and about a year later it was 46"...but I haven't gone above that no mater how tight they got, just like some men who still brag they are the same size waist that they had in High School, but really? Where is your belt? I can't see it cuz your FAT has Done Loped over your belt!
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
My coach didn't want me to exercise for the first month. I have heard 2 and 3 weeks from other coaches. You just want to make sure your body has fully stabilized to the new diet otherwise any exercise will be counter productive to your progress.
Nobly your my hero and inspiration. You must exercise if your going for a 26 mile walk?

I am attending my shared session with Personal Trainer, but I am not pushing it, despite Sgt Torture getting on my a$$. The men were doing 15-20-25 reps with dumb-bells and I went through the first set. Then I went down to 10-12-15s because I started to black-out doing over head curls.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #127  

Didn't have my by-focals on this morning when I grabed the salad dressing...but Walden Farms BBQ sauce on my salad wasn't that bad

Last edited by GoBears60; 02-01-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
Nobly your my hero and inspiration. You must exercise if your going for a 26 mile walk?

I am attending my shared session with Personal Trainer, but I am not pushing it, despite Sgt Torture getting on my a$$. The men were doing 15-20-25 reps with dumb-bells and I went through the first set. Then I went down to 10-12-15s because I started to black-out doing over head curls.
Actually, it's 39 miles. I walked every step last year at 280 without much physical preparation. I expect to be at my 180 goal by this years walk. It should be a lot easier on my feet without that 100lbs dragging me down.

My workouts are pretty basic. I do a lot of pushups, squats, crunches (and now that I physically can) pullups. I follow that up with about 25min of intervals on the treadmill. I try to do this 3 times a week.

It's important to not over do it. I gave Crossfit a try last month and it nearly killed me. I burned off more than I consumed for the day.

Last edited by nobylspoon; 02-01-2013 at 03:32 PM.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 282/240/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Okay gents. Week 1 WI, drum roll please, (and I didn't have anything this morning other than a packet of orange drink mix, no water, no nuthin'), down 8 lbs! I'm thrilled with that.

Mark
Great job man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post

My coach was very strict at not working out for 4 weeks. He even told me at last WI that I could start working out as long as it was all anabolic acitivity...nothing that would put me in an aerobic state for a sustained period. He indicated that it takes about 4 weeks for your body to learn how to efficiently utilize the fat as energy. I haven't started working out yet, but I would assume if you estimated how many calories you burn during your workout and replace with the right amount of protein, i would think that everything would be all good.
HornsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #130  

Quote:
Okay gents. Week 1 WI, drum roll please, (and I didn't have anything this morning other than a packet of orange drink mix, no water, no nuthin'), down 8 lbs! I'm thrilled with that.

Mark
Awesome job, man!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

I had WI in this morning.
Down 3 pounds.
Which was really great considering my week. I did not have a good week. Did not sleep well a couple of nights, was trying to get a cold, ate extra packets of IP, and ate extra veggies and extra protein.
But, did not cave in to those candy bars sitting in the cupboard.
Finally broke that mental wall of mine of 275, some place I have not been in over 2 years.....
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 282/240/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Down 3 pounds.
Which was really great considering my week. I did not have a good week. Did not sleep well a couple of nights, was trying to get a cold, ate extra packets of IP, and ate extra veggies and extra protein.
Finally broke that mental wall of mine of 275, some place I have not been in over 2 years.....
Way to go Kit!
HornsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #133  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Down 3 pounds.
Great job staying OP!

Wife and I were in Fredricksburg today and stopped in a restaurant for lunch. We thought we'd just get a salad and be fine. Only thing that came close enough was a grilled steak and spring mix salad with guac and deep fried shallots. We got them to remove the guac and shallots and asked if they had green peppers and cucumbers. Peppers they had but not the cukes so we ordered that. The waitress came back with the salads and a little side of what can only be called "pico de gallo" but wasn't really pico. It had diced cukes, green peppers and dill weed. Turned out pretty good and we'll just call the steak 1/2 our evening protein. Amazing what you can do with a little creativity.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #134  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

NSV

Just left Walmart and put my cart away. I wouldn't have done that 154#'s ago. I used to use the cart like a walker. I seriously eyed those damn motorized carts. I was a close many times. I would have to sit down several times in a normal trip I don't even think about it anymore. That's huge. I used to be an exhausted and sweaty mess. Super Embarrassing.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #135  

Quote:
Great job staying OP!

Wife and I were in Fredricksburg today and stopped in a restaurant for lunch. We thought we'd just get a salad and be fine. Only thing that came close enough was a grilled steak and spring mix salad with guac and deep fried shallots. We got them to remove the guac and shallots and asked if they had green peppers and cucumbers. Peppers they had but not the cukes so we ordered that. The waitress came back with the salads and a little side of what can only be called "pico de gallo" but wasn't really pico. It had diced cukes, green peppers and dill weed. Turned out pretty good and we'll just call the steak 1/2 our evening protein. Amazing what you can do with a little creativity.
The kids wanted to go to Swiss Chalet tonight so I was dreading it. They actually have some great "healthy choices". I ended up getting a 1/4 chicken (all white meat) with a salad and "veggie medley" (broccoli and cauliflower) there was some carrot shards sprinkled on top but only a few. The dressing for the salad was a balsamic, but I only used a small drizzle.

I guess you gotta put the cheats in a bit of perspective...drizzle of balsamic but no huge piece of pie!

This is the second "eat out" during the diet and both have been very pleasant. It is kinda nice to leave the restaurant full yet without that stuffed, bloated, feel like I'm gonna puke feeling!