Old 01-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #16  

I am now in week 2. My Clinic Scale put me at 261.1 to start and my first WI was 258.4.
My home scale, which i've been tracking daily has me at 248.8 from 260.1 - Now that is alot closer to what i feel. My pants are super saggy and i'm losing weight in my face - i can see it!

The Scientist in me, uses morning - post bathroom visit, naked weight. Daily.
The WI at the clinic isn't as ..... regulated.

so - im not going to go crazzy but I am killing it OP and i'm going to crush.
ChicagoPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #17  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornsFan View Post
A fellow Texan!!! Sounds like this site motivated you in the same manner it motivated me to seek out a consultation. Stick to the plan and you will be successful! There is a ton of great info here to really help educate you.
I did great on Atkins back in the 90's so figured this would be a good fit as well. My wife thinks Atkins is too strict with vegetables so was happy that she's the one that suggested this (a co-worker is doing it). I'm ready to go right now but my birthday is Friday so she won't let me start until we have 1 last celebratory dinner. We're actually doing that tomorrow night so I can start on the new me on my birthday.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 282/240/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
I did great on Atkins back in the 90's so figured this would be a good fit as well. My wife thinks Atkins is too strict with vegetables so was happy that she's the one that suggested this (a co-worker is doing it). I'm ready to go right now but my birthday is Friday so she won't let me start until we have 1 last celebratory dinner. We're actually doing that tomorrow night so I can start on the new me on my birthday.
I myself was pretty successful at losing on Atkins...not keeping it off though! I did Atkins back in college when his first book came out and it was literally a meat/eggs/cheese diet. I lost about 60 lbs at the time and dropped to 195...which is what I weighed as a junior in HS. You will be amazed how much better you feel internally doing IP as opposed to Atkins. You will really need to give it about 3/4 weeks to feel the real effects of the internal change, but you will feel so much better on a day-to-day basis
HornsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Glad I found this site and stayed searching long enough to find the Men's Room.

I do have an advantage in that my wife is joining me so hopefully we'll be able to keep each other honest.
having my wife doing this with me is fantastic. When I am week she is strong, and vica versa!

Good luck.
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #20  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornsFan View Post
I did Atkins back in college when his first book came out and it was literally a meat/eggs/cheese diet. I lost about 60 lbs at the time and dropped to 195...which is what I weighed as a junior in HS.
I weighed 200 in 6th grade (at about 5'4"), 200 when I graduated HS, 200 when I went to basic training (175 when I finished basic), and back to 200 6 weeks after basic. The heaviest I ever reached was 235 while living in Seattle (too dreary to really do anything outside for much of the year). I was able to drop to 185 on Atkins and felt pretty good. I dropped another 5lbs after my diagnosis because I think I was in shock and just stopped eating. Once I came to grip with things and started on steriods I ballooned back up but was able to keep things around 210 until I began the experimental drug and then I've had to really fight to stay under 220.

I'm excited to get started. I've never really had any support network on any of the other diets I've been on so pretty glad this is available.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #21  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Hey guys, I just joined your little club here. I just started IP on Monday (three days ago) and things have been going very well! I tipped the scales at my first WI at 285 and I'd like to get to 220 or so.

My story is likely pretty similar to a lot of guys here. I played a lot of sports in high school and generally stayed around 192lbs (I'm 6' 2"). My mom always cooked healthy stuff for us so when I went to University out of town I soon found unlimited cafeteria food to my liking. That, coupled with a pretty much complete athletic shutdown, left me at 240lbs after my first year. I've been pretty much in the higher 2s since with my high-point hitting 291.

Thanks mainly to good genetics I am still pretty healthy but I just feel crappy about the extra weight. I'm 45 now and am working hard to set up a retirement to enjoy and part of that will be getting my body there!

So far IP has been great and I already am feeling better. I haven't really had any major cravings and I find the protein meals pretty satisfying.

I'll keep updating
Tony
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
Hey guys, I just joined your little club here. I just started IP on Monday (three days ago) and things have been going very well! I tipped the scales at my first WI at 285 and I'd like to get to 220 or so.

So far IP has been great and I already am feeling better. I haven't really had any major cravings and I find the protein meals pretty satisfying.

I'll keep updating
Tony
Hi Tony
My first week wasn’t so smooth. I was lethargic, slept a ton, day 1 and 3 were the worst. Perhaps I am much older then you with a lot more toxins released. Anyway that was 17 days ago, I am feeling fine now. According to IP coach I dropped 4.7 pounds. She also noticed I dropped lean muscle mass. I don’t know how that scale she has knows that, but I have backed off on exercise.

One exercise though I would like to commit on. It is where you put weights on your shoulder and do squats. As soon as I placed 20 pounds on me, my body said to my brain, hey this feels familiar! Well bye-bye 18 pounds…don’t let the door hit you in the a$$ when you leave, and you’re not welcome back!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

Yummm, tonight I had a IP Taco Salad....chopped veggies, celery, green onion, mushroom, cucumbers, with ground beef and WF thousand island dressing with 2 tablespoons of green salsa. It was really good. I have been cooking all my veggies for the last 2 weeks, so this was a nice change.
I am going to have to start doing some different recipes, this is going to be along term project, so I had better start mixing it up.
Hanging at around minus 30 pounds. I was thinking it was not that much till I thought about the large bags of dog food I buy. That put it in perspective.
WOW.....
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #24  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
I'll keep updating
Tony
Hi there. Welcome!!!! Keep us updated on all of your successes.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #25  
IP Start 01/25/13

1st meal this morning. I had the crispy cereal. Not bad but I'm really going to have to learn to mix it better (a bit gritty).

I spent 1/2 hour last night chopping veggies so the wife can just grab some and go in the morning. She's got a pretty stressful job and I'm a little worried whether she'll be able to stick to this. Luckily she's got someone at work who is on it as well so maybe they can help each other out.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #26  

Quote:
1st meal this morning. I had the crispy cereal. Not bad but I'm really going to have to learn to mix it better (a bit gritty).

I spent 1/2 hour last night chopping veggies so the wife can just grab some and go in the morning. She's got a pretty stressful job and I'm a little worried whether she'll be able to stick to this. Luckily she's got someone at work who is on it as well so maybe they can help each other out.
Thats the key, I have several people at work helping each other out. It will be good for her. I just finished my first week, lost 14lbs. Lots of that is water wieight but its still pretty amazing. I feel so much better already, full of energy I haven't had in years.

My coach told me yesterday that she and her husband make up the puddings a few days in advanced and throw them in air tight containers for work. That plus the bars/pre made drinks may help her get through the day.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #27  

Chopping Veggies,
I think I have spent more time in the kitchen over the last 4 weeks, then the whole time since I bought the house 12 years ago. And dishes oh my....they just keep coming.
But, I think this is one of the real benefits of the plan. Instead of running out and getting a burger and fries, I am taking a little time and whipping something up at home....hence changing some of my old habits. This is really a big one for me being single, I would just go grab something, so I did not have to cook or clean up.
Tomorrow is WI, I know it will not be as shocking as the last couple weeks, but I am down a pant size and feeling great.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #28  

Today the first significant snow hit Chicago. Not that much snow, just enough, at the wrong time this morning to make the commute horrible. It is amazing before I started the engine to venture out how I thought what I need to do different. Usually I have a cup of coffee and 16oz of water. Today I altered that plan and said don’t drink a thing until you get close to work. Cuz when I gotta pee, I gotta pee! The plan came together and traffic crawled, spending just under 2 hours in the car. It could have been pretty bad if I had to hold it!

The point is staying on IP is always for front in my mind. I know I am to drink a lot of water but at times that is just not going to work. The wife and I are already discussing how to stay on plan at three social events up-coming in February, and I have already canceled one event where I know it will be impossible to stay on plan. That event I would be more miserable being there then not. Tran Tien Chanh on page 117 recommends “Put your social life on hold, keeping the following in mind:
You’re not on a diet that does not allows slips
You’re undergoing a therapeutic process.
You’re being treated for a pancreatic dysfunction that results in overweight.
Of course, you’re not sick because none of your other activities has changed and on the diet you even feel great, but keep in mind that while you’re on the diet, you’re under treatment.

Well back to work, water and IP food.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
Today the first significant snow hit Chicago. Not that much snow, just enough, at the wrong time this morning to make the commute horrible. It is amazing before I started the engine to venture out how I thought what I need to do different. Usually I have a cup of coffee and 16oz of water. Today I altered that plan and said don’t drink a thing until you get close to work. Cuz when I gotta pee, I gotta pee! The plan came together and traffic crawled, spending just under 2 hours in the car. It could have been pretty bad if I had to hold it!

The point is staying on IP is always for front in my mind. I know I am to drink a lot of water but at times that is just not going to work. The wife and I are already discussing how to stay on plan at three social events up-coming in February, and I have already canceled one event where I know it will be impossible to stay on plan. That event I would be more miserable being there then not. Tran Tien Chanh on page 117 recommends “Put your social life on hold, keeping the following in mind:
You’re not on a diet that does not allows slips
You’re undergoing a therapeutic process.
You’re being treated for a pancreatic dysfunction that results in overweight.
Of course, you’re not sick because none of your other activities has changed and on the diet you even feel great, but keep in mind that while you’re on the diet, you’re under treatment.

Well back to work, water and IP food.
Very good point, PRE PLANNING involves a lot more than just meal prep. Those Pee stops have to be figured into any road trip plan.
Going to Costo after work involves shopping, parking the cart in the store and hitting bathroom and then the check out.
I am in a vanpool, so I have to quit drinking water about a hour before work ends, so I can make the hour long trip home.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #30  
If it swims, it fears me.

S/C/G: 394/300/240

Height: 6'

Hey guys - I'm new here. Day 2 for me (and my wife). So far I am happy with the IP foods I have tried. Mushroom soup - Chicken ala king were both good. Peanut Bar good as well. I use the vanilla shake in my coffee - not a big breakfast guy so no worries. I am 6' 40 years old. I have always been heavy but I have always carried it well. However, in Sept 2011, I found myself at 394. Sore heels - achy knees - anxiety. Twin 18 month old boys and a daughter coming in 1 month. Decided to make a change. Got to 274 around mid 2012 on my "own" diet and exercise "program". Then, over 6 months put 38 back on. So, now I am trying IP - first formal diet plan I have ever tried. I am shocked at how close this is to what I was doing. I just didn't realize how much those hidden carbs were sabotaging me before - beans - potatoes - condiments - fruits - All healthy foods, but not ideal when you have a lot to lose. Anyway - long story short, I am looking forward to the challenge ahead. First goal is to lose the 38lbs and get back to 274. Ultimately, if I could see 220's, that would be something I thought never possible - at least since 6th grade. ha ha
jeffc is offline   Reply With Quote