Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #46  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

thanks Lisa. We found that worksheet also, but what I was looking for was a sheet that looks just like the phase I sheet, but for phase III.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
thanks Lisa. We found that worksheet also, but what I was looking for was a sheet that looks just like the phase I sheet, but for phase III.
Oh I know. I was just having fun

You did a GREAT job of finding those alt sheets!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #48  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I like those smileys with the magnifying glass and the one flipping through the book.

That stupid phase 3 sheet, really irritates me. Why would they have a nice sheet for alternate phase 1, 2, 3 & 4 but not have it for the regular one? I think it would be easier to find bigfoot than that elusive regular phase 3 sheet that looks like phase 1 & 2 sheets.

Last edited by ragdoll74; 01-21-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #49  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Back from my WI. Whoosh fairy Diane was sending must have been held up at the border (that willpower dust didn't make it thru customs, I guess ) (I have some inflammation due to some lower back pain & also I'm having some - ahem- "digestive distress" - quite opposite of big C. Both are probably causing water retention)

But I WAS down 2.2 so onderland can wait til next week. If wuv can wait and persist thru anything, so can I!

Sometimes I get the "poor me" attitude going & had a bunch yesterday. And then I start comparing myself to other people's faster losses.

But, ya know what? I've lost 59 lbs in 28 weeks, which is STILL more than 2 lbs/week.
I've lost 41.75 inches off the areas that are measured and 9.1 BMI points all WHILE developing hypothyroidism.

I don't know too many people who can say that.

When I see people complain about slow losses, I want to
on a nice day and or when my patience is running thin. I WISH I had the patience of Job (Scorbett) here but alas, we are all different.

I'm not saying this to gloat today but I needed to share my experience
Lots to be proud of there, Lisa! Sometimes we just need a perspective check. Sometimes it's tough to rally yourself, especially when you're usually the one rallying everyone else!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Oh I know. I was just having fun

You did a GREAT job of finding those alt sheets!
Didn't she, though!!! I promise, I really looked hard before I asked, here and on the world-wide internet! Glad you are joking and laughing, Lisa.

Quote:
I like those smileys with the magnifying glass and the one flipping through the book.

That stupid phase 3 sheet, really irritates me. Why would they have a nice sheet for alternate phase 1, 2, 3 & 4 but not have it for the regular one? I think it would be easier to find bigfoot than that elusive regular phase 3 sheet that looks like phase 1 & 2 sheets.
The Phase 3 sheet is like the rare and elusive "whoosh fairy"...some claim to have seen it, but others claim it's just a myth (or tart, my vote is still "tart").

I wonder if Wuv might be able to get it for us since she is now a coach?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Wow I am off of here for two days and were already on page 4 of a new vol of 100% you ladies were busy

First I wanted to say thankyou to all those who said such kind words after my whirlwind last shifts. After getting some much needed rest I spent the weekend shopping and at the movies with my husband. We went out to dinner twice both OP. I went to do some clothing shopping and was suprised when no of the shirts at Penningtons (my go to store for nice things) fit, I WAS TO SMALL FOR THE PLUS SIZE STORE!!! It was scary cause that is where I have shopped my whole adult life and I would never have even tried other stores cause I was usually embarrassed when nothing fit. The sales women was very nice and recommended Reitmans which is there sister store. the best part was all the tops were 70% off!!! So I got 4 new shirts in a smaller size and a deal
Then I needed some new scrubs, but was sure I would be to big for the XL size, but to my amazement they fit!! and well. When I started IP I could no longer fit into this stores 3x sizes!! I was a very nice weekend for lots of reasons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa32989 I am so sorry to here about your struggles this weekend. Its your health and your journey and you do whatever you need to to feel good thru it. You have a plan and I know you will be fine in the end. We are all to hard on ourselves we are human and sometimes being over emotional is what we NEED to get us thru.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #52  

Monica- way to go! Doesn't that feel good! I went to four Reitmans this weekend and also got some great deals.

Lisa- so sorry to hear about your problems, that really sucks.

Ragdoll- agree with the others, you did amazing!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies! Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm currently busy planning my daughters birthday party and cake which is this Thursday! EEEEEKKKKKEEE! Anyway, I haven't had much time to read and reply. Just know that I'm still kicking! I did WI today and am up +1 thanks to dear old aunt flo. She'd better make up for it next week, that's all I'm going to say about that

Have a great week!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #54  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I feel like I'm totally out of the loop - the weekend was crazy busy, I wasn't even home from 6:30AM until 10PM Sunday. We'd have been home later that day if the Pats hadn't turned into a cut-rate high school team :/

Quote:
DH told me today if it was easy, everyone would do it.I'm sure I'll be less emotional tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
DH is right....if it was easy everyone would be doing it!!! And what I tell new moms daily....nothing worth having comes easy! When the going gets tough the tough GET GOING!! you are one tough chick (or goose as IP43 tells us), and expect a whoosh this week, estrogen is flooding!! you are doing this and you are amazing!
These two statements x10000000.
Lisa, I can't imagine the challenges you are facing - but you ARE facing them, head-on! That takes amazing strength and ingenuity. I also have hypothyroidism but soy has not been an issue with me, and because I won't be on the diet for much longer I am just pushing on until goal as-is. You should absolutely look into creating a line of products, you have the know-how and if you also have the connections you would be serving a huge group of people!

Quote:
Weigh in this morning and I was really hoping for a good one this week since lasts weeks weigh in was -.4 due to TOM. Down 3.8 lbs!

That brings my total loss to 71lbs!
WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

Quote:
Anyone heard from MommaHen lately? I haven't see her post in a month or so. She used to be on here daily.
I have seen her more on FB than here, but she is still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post

I WAS TO SMALL FOR THE PLUS SIZE STORE!!! It was scary cause that is where I have shopped my whole adult life and I would never have even tried other stores cause I was usually embarrassed when nothing fit. The sales women was very nice and recommended Reitmans which is there sister store. the best part was all the tops were 70% off!!! So I got 4 new shirts in a smaller size and a deal
Then I needed some new scrubs, but was sure I would be to big for the XL size, but to my amazement they fit!! and well. When I started IP I could no longer fit into this stores 3x sizes!! I was a very nice weekend for lots of reasons

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
that is awesome!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #55  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I'm staring at my burnt turnip fries that I have been waiting for all afternoon. Le sigh. This is why I make soup.

....grumble...mumble... gonna go make some soup
Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #56  

Quote:
Sorry to threadjack, guys. Its been a rollercoaster of a few days.

That's IP rockstar stuff right there!

Good for making it thru the day!
For myself, I can't be thinking of any "bad" stuff I'm going to eat when I reach goal. I have to think of the lifestyle change as ongoing if I am to maintain. Will I be able to lighten up a bit? Sure. But with the soy & gluten restrictions, I won't be returning to life as I knew it, nor do I want to. That way got me to being an unhealthy mess! To a new life!
Back from my WI. Whoosh fairy Diane was sending must have been held up at the border (that willpower dust didn't make it thru customs, I guess ) (I have some inflammation due to some lower back pain & also I'm having some - ahem- "digestive distress" - quite opposite of big C. Both are probably causing water retention)

But I WAS down 2.2 so onderland can wait til next week. If wuv can wait and persist thru anything, so can I!

Sometimes I get the "poor me" attitude going & had a bunch yesterday. And then I start comparing myself to other people's faster losses.

But, ya know what? I've lost 59 lbs in
(edit) 25 weeks, which is STILL (edit) 2.36 lbs/week.
I've lost 41.75 inches off the areas that are measured and 9.1 BMI points all WHILE developing hypothyroidism.

I don't know too many people who can say that.

When I see people complain about slow losses, I want to
on a nice day and or when my patience is running thin. I WISH I had the patience of Job (Scorbett) here but alas, we are all different.

I'm not saying this to gloat today but I needed to share my experience

Last nite I was having a pity party and I shut down contact, cleaned up the kitchen and went to bed. I grabbed Dr Tran's new book (which I have read) and just opened it. I opened to page 40 where he talks about self compassion & realized how HARD I've been on myself.

So what if I don't lose as fast as some? At least I stick with the plan, which is way better than I can say for MOST of the people who have come & gone from 3fc-IP. There is a whole section in the book about changing your attitude about YOURSELF for maintenance.

After reading this, I'd like to propose a book study thread. But I want to make sure we get everyone who wants "in" onboard first. For anyone who doesn't have access to a clinic, I can get your book and ship it to you ( I have paypal). So, if there is interest, I'll collect names this week, get books ordered and then we'll be off!
You are doing amazing things here missy! Amazing work on our body and your soul....which are BOTH important in our journey!

Quote:
Nola- All 4 of the alternative phase sheets attached. I didn't read your post carefully the first time. I have only found the official phase III alternative sheet, not for the regular phase III. The info WUV posted is not layed out as nice as the one's attached.

Anyone heard from MommaHen lately? I haven't see her post in a month or so. She used to be on here daily.
She's in FB and doing great!!!!

Where's Cadu???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Wow I am off of here for two days and were already on page 4 of a new vol of 100% you ladies were busy

First I wanted to say thankyou to all those who said such kind words after my whirlwind last shifts. After getting some much needed rest I spent the weekend shopping and at the movies with my husband. We went out to dinner twice both OP. I went to do some clothing shopping and was suprised when no of the shirts at Penningtons (my go to store for nice things) fit, I WAS TO SMALL FOR THE PLUS SIZE STORE!!! It was scary cause that is where I have shopped my whole adult life and I would never have even tried other stores cause I was usually embarrassed when nothing fit. The sales women was very nice and recommended Reitmans which is there sister store. the best part was all the tops were 70% off!!! So I got 4 new shirts in a smaller size and a deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lisa32989 I am so sorry to here about your struggles this weekend. Its your health and your journey and you do whatever you need to to feel good thru it. You have a plan and I know you will be fine in the end. We are all to hard on ourselves we are human and sometimes being over emotional is what we NEED to get us thru.
YEAH Monica!!!!!! AWESOME STORY ABOUT PENNINGTONS!!!!! Sooo cool outré too small for there!!!!! Awesome feeling!!! And scary too at the same time. I know what you mean when the only stores I have shopped at forever at Pennngtons and Addition Elle. And now???? Rickis and REITMANS to start!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I'm staring at my burnt turnip fries that I have been waiting for all afternoon. Le sigh. This is why I make soup.

....grumble...mumble... gonna go make some soup
Par boil them first. Then drain. Then roast. Doesn't take as long and they don't burn waiting for the snide to soften. LE sigh. Told ya it was contagious!! Rainbows influence is everywhere!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #57  
Diane on track July 2014

Thanks Pattie! will attempt again with your advice. Didn't know they had a "snide" -- new scrabble word for me

Last edited by IP43; 01-21-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #58  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Weigh in this morning and I was really hoping for a good one this week since lasts weeks weigh in was -.4 due to TOM. Down 3.8 lbs!

That brings my total loss to 71lbs!
this is such wonderful news!!! way to go!!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #59  
Diane on track July 2014

Just cooked me up some rotini for the first time -- used 2 packs-- and made an awesome pasta salad w tons of fresh veggies. I can't wait to try it. It made so much that I'm sure it will be more than 2 meals worth. Yumilicious!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Feel out of the loop - I was away from the computer this weekend.

Gotta a whole lot more motivation - had some tests on my heart after some weird symptoms. I have some issues that have been discovered. I will have to be put on some meds (appointment coming), and have to lose the weight.

Too tired right now, too stressed - struggled with good food choices - in an area without lots of choices - did the best I could -

Ready for the new week.
Closed Thread