3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Awesome dinner! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273861-awesome-dinner.html)

TWaff 01-20-2013 08:03 PM

Awesome dinner!

1 Attachment(s)
I am new to IP (1.5 weeks in). I hate vegatables but have been doing this diet thing long enough to know it can't be a diet it has to be a lifestyle change - hence - the IP diet. Fiigured it would force me to like veggies. Anyway, tonight I fixed 2 recipes I found on the IP forum and they were both DELICIOUS. I made a Pork Loin Stir-fry and Kale Chips.

Here are the recipes (hope the original posters don't mind):

KALE CHIPS[
Cover cookie sheet with foil and spray with Pam; drizzle with olive oil & season. 275 for 25 minutes.

Pork Loin Stirfry
Ingredients
5 oz pork loin, cut in thin strips or small cubes
1 small green pepper sliced thin
2 or 3 large mushrooms sliced thin
~1c broccoli florets
~4c cauliflower
olive oil
sesame oil
rice vinegar
zero carb soy sauce
1/3 c water
zero msg seasoning of your choice
IP salt and fresh cracked pepper

Shred the cauliflower to a rice-like consistency. I used a grater blade in my processor. Cover in a bowl with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5-6 minutes. This makes it softer. Then put it in a wok over high heat with just a dash of olive and sesame oils, soy sauce, and seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash). Stir often and fry until some of it starts browning. Set aside on a serving plate and cover.

Get the wok really hot again. Add about 1tb of olive oil and 1tsp sesame oil. Wait just a few seconds and add the pork. Once it's browned well on all sides and add the vinegar, soy sauce, and water to deglaze the pan. Stir it up and add the peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli. Season to taste with s&p and seasoning. Keep stir frying until the pork is done. Careful not to over cook the veggies. They should just get bright green. Serve on top of the cauliflower.

IP43 01-20-2013 08:10 PM

Rainbow just started a new recipe thread. How 'bout pasting this over there so we can keep it forever :) This page will be on p. 2 or 3 by tomorrow, but the recipe thread will be around .... as long as people need recipes ;)

TWaff 01-20-2013 08:23 PM

Both recipes are already on the recipe forum somewhere (separately). Should I still add it to it?

tam67green 01-21-2013 05:12 PM

If you like kale chips, you should try spinach chips! Same idea, but if you buy baby spinach it's less work because you can just use those leaves as they are. (With kale, you have to cut out that middle stem.) I think the spinach has a milder taste than kale, too. I bake it at 350 for about 8-10 minute. If it's not crispy enough at that point, I leave it in for a couple more minutes. I also put mine on parchment paper, since I find that works better than foil sometimes.

elvislover324 01-21-2013 05:15 PM

I'm not on IP but just wanted to tell you that your dinner looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipes here on a new thread, I would have never read the IP recipes!