3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

rainbowsmiles 01-20-2013 06:33 PM

Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #3
thread now has over 500 posts so time for a new one :)

IP43 01-21-2013 09:58 AM

Choc/Fudge/Nut cookies

This is not what I'll do always but it was a really nice treat.
I mixed up 2 packs of the IP choc shake mix into cookies (2 egg whites/1/2 tsp baking powder and water to consistency). BUT I hadn't had my "bar" yet so I chopped it up and threw it in the batter. It was an "alternative bar" so had some bigger nut chunks than the caramel nut bar has.

Anyway, I enjoyed some pretty delish cookies yesterday and again today. The nuts/fudge/caramel added just a new texture and chewiness to the plain cookies. I figure if I split the 2 packs + 1 Restricted between 3-4 days it won't be so bad and I can have 2-3 cookies a snack.(made 9 cookies) Mmmmm....

WorldTraveleronIP 01-21-2013 10:12 AM

Crispy Cereal Pancakes

2 Attachment(s)
I know this recipe has been posted many times before but it was the first time I tried it and I have to share my enthusiasm! Crispy cereal pancakes made with 2 egg whites, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 mini splash of almond extract, small sprinkles of nutmeg and cinnamon. Put all in my shaker bottle and added cold water as needed while I shook it to get a pancake batter consistency. I am so grateful I had the day off to play with packets today. I am so happy to have non-restricted pancakes!!!

For lunch, I am trying the tomato basil flat bread with my lettuce/veggies.

Attachment 43885

Attachment 43886

pr77 01-22-2013 05:19 AM

honey mustard

sounds crazy......

spicy brown mustard + walden farms pancake syrup = delish!

tam67green 01-22-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr77 (Post 4601734)
sounds crazy......

spicy brown mustard + walden farms pancake syrup = delish!

Ooooh, next time I make chicken (which is about 4-5x/week) I'm going to try this! I LOVE honey mustard dipping sauce for chicken! Thanks!

staceyjblack 01-22-2013 07:27 PM

Lebanese Salad

I made this because I was craving the salad from Lebanese Taverna last night. It was so incredible I had to share. It makes a HUGE BOWL that probably has 10 or more cups. I stored it in a big pyrex bowl that has a silicone lid and took a container to have with my lunch today too. I'll prob have it again tomorrow...

3 Cucumbers chopped into bite size pieces
1 onion sliced
2 Green Peppers, cubed
2 Red Peppers, cubed
3 Med Tomatoes, cubed
1 TBSP Mint leaves, crushed
Black pepper
DRESSING:
3 TBSP Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 tsp salt
DIRECTIONS

1 Toss all veggies into a bowl with mint & pepper.
2 Crush garlic with salt and add to other dressing ingredients. Pour mixture over veggies and toss again.

thatgirl77 01-29-2013 03:41 AM

Ideal Protein Recipes /All Phases/PINTEREST BOARD

Hello...new to 3FC but have been on Ideal Protein since June 2103....have lost nearly 50 lbs and 18-20 from goal.....Have been a member since July in the 3FC Southern Chicks group on FB...Anyway...some members were wanting a Pinterest Board created for Ideal Protein recipes....so I created a group board. Anyone can pin from the group board but you must be invited to upload any pins and/or recipes...as the board grows we will add other group boards for other things pertaining to Ideal Protein. Here is the link if you are interested in following or joining us ...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/

If this is not allowed on this site...please feel free to contact me via message and it can be removed..unsure what protocol is allowed on here! We have had a rec from Steve in Finland which was so sweet and many of his recipes are pinned on there...Also an awesome new tumblr account from Trang...notarealdiet.tumblr.com recipes are on there as well...You must have a Pinterest account to view or follow this board....Ideal Protein/Recipes/Southern Chicks....My username is marieroseb or Marie B..this group board is on my personal board...scroll down and you'll find it under the "I"'s ... Do NOT follow all of my boards...I have 216 ...lol...Good luck and Happy Pinning...we have over 300 new followers in three days...nearing 1700 total..sorry post so long..you can message me to be added or got to the ADD ME board on my Pinterest board and leave message for invite..I must have email address and/or Pinterest username to send an invite ....Thank you!:carrot::)

sandralosingweight 01-29-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyjblack (Post 4602759)
I made this because I was craving the salad from Lebanese Taverna last night. It was so incredible I had to share. It makes a HUGE BOWL that probably has 10 or more cups. I stored it in a big pyrex bowl that has a silicone lid and took a container to have with my lunch today too. I'll prob have it again tomorrow...

3 Cucumbers chopped into bite size pieces
1 onion sliced
2 Green Peppers, cubed
2 Red Peppers, cubed
3 Med Tomatoes, cubed
1 TBSP Mint leaves, crushed
Black pepper
DRESSING:
3 TBSP Olive Oil
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 tsp salt
DIRECTIONS

1 Toss all veggies into a bowl with mint & pepper.
2 Crush garlic with salt and add to other dressing ingredients. Pour mixture over veggies and toss again.

Hi :)

I am of Lebanese origins and I grew up eating salads with this dressing, I mean we really did not have any other dressing for a salad other than this one, we never bought a dressing bottle from the store, we never had those back then and when we said salad, it meant this. Believe me it is delicious! Thanks for posting :)

thatgirl77 01-29-2013 12:36 PM

Pinterest Board for recipes...

well, apparently I am unable to send pm to anyone until i post ten more comments...Several of you have tried to message me and i am sorry ...I am unable to answer you at this time...I will post the link again for those who are having difficulty in finding the group IP board to join....I will need your Pinterest username to invite you but if you want to add any pins or reipes...you can follow and pin from this board etc without joining the group. Here is the link for the group board....the recipes had to be copied and pasted into comment sections due to the length of recipe...Pinterest ony allows 500 characters in description box. Also, you can double-click onto some of the images and it will take you to the recipe...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/ this is the link for the board......to go to my boards and find the group board there ...here is the link....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ Do NOT click "follow all" unless you want to follow all 216 boards....just scroll down to the 26th board...its alphabetized and look for Ideal protein heading on board...and then click "follow' onto that board...Hope that helps...As for Pinterest help itself...there are great youtube tutorials now that demonstrate how to install the bookmak and "pin it' button and apps for all mobile devices too...trickier to install pin button on mobile devices...Sorry so long...will PM those that have messgaed mme when I can....Marie:):carrot:

stargirl66 01-29-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatgirl77 (Post 4612188)
well, apparently I am unable to send pm to anyone until i post ten more comments...Several of you have tried to message me and i am sorry ...I am unable to answer you at this time...I will post the link again for those who are having difficulty in finding the group IP board to join....I will need your Pinterest username to invite you but if you want to add any pins or reipes...you can follow and pin from this board etc without joining the group. Here is the link for the group board....the recipes had to be copied and pasted into comment sections due to the length of recipe...Pinterest ony allows 500 characters in description box. Also, you can double-click onto some of the images and it will take you to the recipe...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/ this is the link for the board......to go to my boards and find the group board there ...here is the link....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/ Do NOT click "follow all" unless you want to follow all 216 boards....just scroll down to the 26th board...its alphabetized and look for Ideal protein heading on board...and then click "follow' onto that board...Hope that helps...As for Pinterest help itself...there are great youtube tutorials now that demonstrate how to install the bookmak and "pin it' button and apps for all mobile devices too...trickier to install pin button on mobile devices...Sorry so long...will PM those that have messgaed mme when I can....Marie:):carrot:

Fabulous board, thanks for sharing! I'm a follower :)

thatgirl77 01-29-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargirl66 (Post 4612252)
Fabulous board, thanks for sharing! I'm a follower :)

Fantastic Stargirl....Thank you for following.....Now if I can just figure out everything about 3 FC's site...:lol: Pinterest is a breeze compared to 3FC...Loving this site and the groups i joined.......:D:carrot:

staceyjblack 01-30-2013 01:36 PM

Tuna and Rotini Salad

Ingredients:
1 package of IP rotini
1 5oz can of white meat albacore tuna
1 cup of spinach
1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/2 cup of white onion (diced)
1/4 cup of WF Caesar Dressing

Directions:
1. Make pasta according to package instructions and shock with cold water to stop cooking
2. Toss in veggies and coat with WF dressing.
3. Chill and enjoy!

Yields: 2 servings

*I also think I might add a few of the dill pickle zippers as a crunchy crouton topping. If you do this, do it as soon as you are ready to eat, don't store with them as they'll become soggy.

Dinie89 01-30-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

I love pinterest =) i always looked for ip stuff I am now following you on there=)

clarksgirl 01-30-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Thanks!! Your awesome! Turns out I was already following you for the last week or so! Your board is great!

Lesley 01-31-2013 01:36 PM

So....I generally have hated the crispy cereal...until...

I made as directed, added some splenda, cinnamon & a splash of vanilla rtd - tastes just like cinnamon toast crunch! uhm - yum!

scorbett1103 01-31-2013 09:31 PM

Garlic Shrimp and Zucchini "Pasta"

I threw this together after getting some shrimp on sale and craving a "scampi" type dish. It was yummy! I ate mine over Zucchini noodles (use a julienne peeler to make noodles, saute in a little EVOO until tender) and the kids and hubby had theirs over Whole Wheat angel hair pasta.

GARLIC SHRIMP
3 servings
Ingredients:

14oz College Inn fat free, low sodium chicken broth (or homemade)
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 1/4 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined

In a skillet over medium high heat, combine broth, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, turmeric and paprika. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture reduces by about half.

Add shrimp, return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until shrimp is pink and cooked through (about 5 minutes).

Serve immediately over cooked zucchini noodles.

thatgirl77 01-31-2013 09:35 PM

Pinterest/Ideal Protein/Recipes?Southern Chicks

Thanks to all who are following the new Southern Chicks Pinterest IP Recipes board.....it means a lot that you all really like it.....here's the link for those who want to follow us....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/

Also...I am only 7 posts away from private messaging privileges..Then those who would like to share your recipes to the board as a contributor can message me with your username or email and I can add you to the board.....
Love this group and so many great recipes.....:D

IP43 01-31-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatgirl77 (Post 4616125)
Thanks to all who are following the new Southern Chicks Pinterest IP Recipes board.....it means a lot that you all really like it.....here's the link for those who want to follow us....http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...uthern-chicks/

Also...I am only 7 posts away from private messaging privileges..Then those who would like to share your recipes to the board as a contributor can message me with your username or email and I can add you to the board.....
Love this group and so many great recipes.....:D

Now you made me do it. I had to create a Pinterest account and join your group. Now I'll be totally hooked on THAT site too! I'll NEVER get anything productive done now! LOL
On the plus side, the recipes look DELISH and I can't wait to try some! thanks for sharing!

thatgirl77 01-31-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IP43 (Post 4616235)
Now you made me do it. I had to create a Pinterest account and join your group. Now I'll be totally hooked on THAT site too! I'll NEVER get anything productive done now! LOL
On the plus side, the recipes look DELISH and I can't wait to try some! thanks for sharing!

IP43....BWAHAHAH.....sorry...yes, you will be hooked...LOL

I know...between FB groups, Pinterest, Blogging sites, 3FC boards etc etc.....how do we get any work down....I love Ideal Protein.....Thank you for following.....:carrot: :cp:

Danif 02-02-2013 09:59 AM

Question about Jicima

Hi! I just started Ip again after a big move. I tried Jicima for the first time and fell in love. I eat it twice a day as a vegetable. I cut it like french fries squeeze a lime and sea salt on it...so delish. It is on the approved list but I am not losing as much each week as I did the first time I did this diet. So you think its the Jicima?? Does anyone know?

scorbett1103 02-02-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danif (Post 4618293)
Hi! I just started Ip again after a big move. I tried Jicima for the first time and fell in love. I eat it twice a day as a vegetable. I cut it like french fries squeeze a lime and sea salt on it...so delish. It is on the approved list but I am not losing as much each week as I did the first time I did this diet. So you think its the Jicima?? Does anyone know?

The less you have to lose, the slower the weight comes off. Jicama should not be the issue, it's very low in carbs and calories. Make sure you are measuring everything, drinking all of your water, getting in all packets, supplements, salt and oil.

ladylunk 02-02-2013 04:12 PM

Egg Foo Young - Well what I threw in the pan and named it....

IP Herb Cheese Omlette
1 cup veggies - I used celery, mushrooms, red pepper, greeen onions, 1 small clove garlic, 1/2 tbls cilantro.
Splash of soy sauce

Hot Sweet Dip- WF Thousand Island with some sirachi hot sauce.

Sautee all veggies except green onion and cilantro to soften up in large frying pan, mix up omlette and add a splash of low sodium soy sauce. Pour over top of veggies. Sprinkle top with green onions and cilantro before it sets. This makes a nice big and thin pancake like omlete. I sprinkle in red chilli flakes. Use dip. It's good.

KitKat169 02-12-2013 09:07 PM

Bump. The volume 3 thread is still being used but it could get closed soon as it is over 500 posts.

KitKat169 02-14-2013 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My dinner tonight worked out really well.
Stuffed mini peppers

Ingredients:
Several mini sweet peppers, top cut off and then sliced in half (top to bottom). You need to determine how many you can fit into your 2 cups veg minus whatever veg you have in the stuffing.

Stuffing:
8 oz ground turkey (raw)
1/2 cup mushrooms
2-4 cloves of garlic to taste
sea salt
2-4 tbsp WF sundried tomato dressing
black pepper
Other spices as desired

Mix the stuffing ingredients together. Place it in the pepper halfs, pack in tight as you can and round across the top.

If desired, use roasted red pepper puree (roast and blend!) and pour a bit over each pepper. Also optional, add a few shreds of veggie cheese over top.

I assembled these the night before and after work, popped them into a 375 oven for 25 minutes.

DontGiveUp17 02-15-2013 02:05 PM

Red Curry Soup
3 portobello mushrooms cut into strips (like pasta)
2 Zuchini cut into strips (like pasta)
1 bunch of green onions chopped or minced
˝ head of bok choy
1 to 2 lb of shrimp
1 1/2 quart of Chicken Stock or Vegetable Stock ( I did a mixture and you can add more or less depending on how much soupiness you want)
1 to 2 TB of Fish Sauce (optional)
2TB or more of Red Curry Paste
1 tsp of red pepper flakes
1 tsp dried Thyme
Garlic Salt to Taste
Onion Powder to Taste
Sea Salt
Pepper
1 TB Oil

Heat your oil in a pot and add 1TB or more of Red Curry paste. Once that melts together, add thyme, red pepper flakes, green onions, zucchini, and mushrooms. Also season at this point with garlic salt, onion powder, sea salt and pepper. Cook for just a few minutes until everything is heated and melted together.. the veggies will cook more in the broth. Then add the broth and bring to a simmer or boil. Once that heats up, add more Red Curry paste, start with 1TB.. stir, taste and then add more if needed. You can also add more at the end if you want. Also add Fish sauce and continue to season. Then add Shrimp and Bok Choy. Go ahead and boil for a few minutes and then turn off the heat and let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight. Be sure to taste it and add your seasonings according to your tastes. This makes about 4 to 6 servings!
Yum!

Msbehaving 02-15-2013 07:54 PM

.....off to find a recipe for that tomato basil flatbread.....

IdealProteinNewbie 02-16-2013 11:49 AM

"Reuben Sandwich"

Turkey, sauerkraut and WF Thousand Island between romaine lettuce leaves!

mrskuby 02-16-2013 12:12 PM

Eggplant bacon...(Haven't tried it yet, I am marinating it now)

1 large eggplant, or, 3-4 Japanese eggplants
1 T sea salt
1 T WF syrup
2 T olive oil
2 T tamari
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 t chili powder
1 t paprika
1 t cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne

Thinly slice eggplant on a mandoline (or, using a horizontal peeler, see below) and cut into strips. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Place eggplant in marinade and let sit for a few hours, or even better, overnight.

Place eggplant strips on a teflex dehydrator sheet and dehydrate a for two hours at 105 degrees. Remove eggplant strips from teflex and place on mesh screen. Dehydrate till crispy.

I'll be back later to give my review! :cool:

learning to fly 02-17-2013 03:39 PM

another simple but deliscious dressing for lettuce

This is very simple, but one of my favourites for lettuce. I haven't tried it with any other vegetables though. Also, please forgive the lack of exact measurements.

Ingredients:
- A little water (1/2 cup or so, to cover the bottom of the pot)
- splash or two of vinegar
- 1 big clove of garlic, or 2 smaller, crushed
- about 1/2 tsp splenda or any sweetener
- about 1/4 tsp salt
- lettuce of any kind (whatever amount you like) Iceberg lends itself well to this, but they are all equally great

Directions:
Put everything except lettuce in a pot and on the stove, and heat it up, put lettuce in and turn around until it wilts a little (or until it wilts a lot, according to your taste) and take off the stove immediately when it looks the way you want it to and dump out into a bowl. It is good to eat warm or after it cools down, or the next day. Adjust ingredients according to taste.

I love the sweet & sour and garlicky taste of it!! Note: you are not supposed to boil it or make it really hot, just heat enough to make it softer - easier to eat that way, and to blend the tastes. Also note: it tastes wonderful with or without oil (I prefer it without oil).

thatgirl77 02-18-2013 03:17 PM

Recipes on Pinterest Board for IP only

Hi all...wow...some great recipes on here.....awesome...If anyone is interested a group of us which is a spin-off from 3FC has started a Pinterest Recipe and Motivation Board...We are on FB but many are members here in the 3FC community....So if you like Pinterest...and you know who you are....:) here's the link to follow us or message me to be a board contributor so you can add your awesome recipes...http://pinterest.com/marieroseb/idea...cks/........We have over 800 new followers in two weeks...:carrot:Hope to see some new recipes...:) Thanks, Marie

KitKat169 02-19-2013 01:06 PM

Rice (cauliflower) Pudding
1/2 packet of gelatin mixed with 1/4 cup water
1 packet IP vanilla pudding mixed with 6oz water
1 cup riced cauliflower, cooked
Splenda or stevia to taste (1-2 packets)
Cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla or other flavoring to taste

Mix all the ingredients together and let chill. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

KitKat169 02-19-2013 09:14 PM

Dinner tonight: Zucchini noodles lighty sauteed then tossed with basil pesto. To make the pesto, I blended in my Magic Bullet a large handful of basil with about 1/4 cup olive oil (used over several meals), a few dried mushrooms to add some body, salt, a couple cloves of garlic. I didn't miss the pine nuts or parmesan cheese.

Mother of the Groom 02-19-2013 10:59 PM

I had an awesome supper tonight and it was super easy and quick to prepare
Sweet chili lime chicken wrapped in romaine leaves.
2- 8 oz chicken breast cubed
2 tsps chili powder
Sauté over high heat in 2tsp. Evoo
When cooked through put in a bowl, sprinkle 1 tbsp of splenda over. Juice 2 mini limes over and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss together to coat and spoon into romaine leaves.

thatgirl77 02-20-2013 03:28 AM

Zuchinni noodles in Basil Pesto

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat169 (Post 4639036)
Dinner tonight: Zucchini noodles lighty sauteed then tossed with basil pesto. To make the pesto, I blended in my Magic Bullet a large handful of basil with about 1/4 cup olive oil (used over several meals), a few dried mushrooms to add some body, salt, a couple cloves of garlic. I didn't miss the pine nuts or parmesan cheese.

Okay.....this looks so yummy...i will and I must try....thanks for sharing....:carrot:

DJ72 02-20-2013 03:32 AM

Ohhhh KitKat.... That pesto and zucchini sounds THE BEST. Gonna make tonight! Thanks!

Starshine 02-20-2013 05:19 AM

Yes, KitKat! I was just thinking of pesto. I will have to go and get some basil. Thanks for the rice pudding also. :hug:

IdealProteinNewbie 02-23-2013 10:10 PM

"Strawberries + Cream Milkshake"

Blend a Vanilla RTD with water, ice and WF Strawberry Syrup. Delicious!

WorldTraveleronIP 02-24-2013 08:57 AM

Yesterday I mixed a vanilla pudding packet with a pina colada packet in a bowl, added 10 ounces of cold water + sugar free Torani coconut syrup + Walden Farms marshmallow dip (truly thickens the pudding nicely) and blended until creamy smooth with an immersion blender. I portioned it into 2 ramekins and refrigerated. It's quite tasty.

Today, I am going to try it with strawberry pudding and pina colada drink (I think that drink is called a Lava Flow in Hawaii). I imagine these could be thick drinks or puddings (depending upon your mood) that you control with the amount of water you add.

I also have the pineapple banana drink that I will add to the choc pudding and try and the peach mango drink that I will add to the vanilla pudding packet.

To those who don't like the drinks because they are gritty-this takes care of the grit. They are yummy smooth treats.

With all the snow and cold here in Denver, I am missing Hawaii or any place warm and tropical!

KitKat169 02-24-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP (Post 4644335)
Yesterday I mixed a vanilla pudding packet with a pina colada packet in a bowl, added 10 ounces of cold water + sugar free Torani coconut syrup + Walden Farms marshmallow dip (truly thickens the pudding nicely) and blended until creamy smooth with an immersion blender. I portioned it into 2 ramekins and refrigerated. It's quite tasty.

Today, I am going to try it with strawberry pudding and pina colada drink (I think that drink is called a Lava Flow in Hawaii). I imagine these could be thick drinks or puddings (depending upon your mood) that you control with the amount of water you add.

I also have the pineapple banana drink that I will add to the choc pudding and try and the peach mango drink that I will add to the vanilla pudding packet.

To those who don't like the drinks because they are gritty-this takes care of the grit. They are yummy smooth treats.

With all the snow and cold here in Denver, I am missing Hawaii or any place warm and tropical!

Those sound like yummy combos. I add the WF marshmallow dip to my raspberry jello, sometimes blending it in or sometimes in chunks. It makes it like a creamy jello mold.

Msbehaving 02-24-2013 01:19 PM

Mushroom Soup

1 packet IP mushroom soup mix
1 cup celery and green onions (sliced or diced)
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp olive oil

Saute celery, garlic, mushrooms and green onion in olive oil until softened. Mix packet in shaker with 8 oz. water. Add soup to mushroom mix and simmer for 15 minutes.