Old 06-11-2015, 11:11 AM   #331  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Lisa when you make this do you use the gelatin and omit the egg whites when making this? It sounds very interesting and going to try it.
I keep it simple:
1 small-medium cuke
1 scoop fruity protein powder (I'm using a combo of Syntrax nectar flavors)
water & ice
Blend in vitamix & eat immediately.
The vitamix makes pretty good soft-serve ice cream or sorbet.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:53 AM   #332  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Default Tomato Basil "Buns"

I apologize that I do not know the origins of this recipe. I cobbled it together from a few I'd seen on pinterest and elsewhere.
Yields 12 mini buns using a muffin top pan: 6 buns = one IP serving
1 IP tomato basil soup mix
1 IP crispy cereal, slightly crushed
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp garlic powder (more or less to taste)
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp Kernel's cheesy jalapeno popcorn seasoning (optional)
1/3 cup liquid eggwhites
1/4 cup skim milk (this counts as your daily allotted milk)
2 tsp EVOO

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly mist your pan with non stick spray. In small bowl, combine dry ingredients. Gently stir in wet ingredients, making sure all is well blended. Evenly spoon mixture into muffin top pan. Bake 15-18 minutes, until just beginning to brown slightly on edges.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:08 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Jalapeno Lime Cucumber Salad

2 cucumbers
1 medium jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
1 large garlic clove, finely minced
juice of one medium lime
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
5-6 grinds of fresh pepper
olive oil

combine everything together and let sit for at least an hour
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #334  
determined

Default Grilled Mahi Mahi with coconut lime cauli-rice and mango salsa

Recipes by Janeva Eickhoff
BLACKENED GRILLED MAHI MAHI

1 - 8oz. Mahi Mahi filet
Cajun or Creole seasoning
1 – 2 tsp. olive oil

Pat Mahi filets dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle seasoning on both sides. Add 1 – 2 tsp. olive oil to a grill fry pan. Heat on medium/medium high. When oil is hot, add Mahi filets; cook 3 minutes both sides or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Servings: 1 – 8 oz. lean protein

TIPS: You may substitute the Cajun or Creole spices with seasonings of your choice. As an alternative option to the regular olive oil, I use butter flavored olive oil for this dish. I also use an olive oil Misto to spray the olive oil in the pan to ensure the olive oil covers the pan; spray the tops of the filets before turning.

COCONUT LIME CAULIFLOWER RICE

14 oz. cauliflower, riced
2 ½ T. chopped green onion
½ Lime, juiced
Ό C. chicken broth
Ό tsp. coconut extract (sugar free)
Salt & pepper, to taste
Olive oil or coconut cooking spray

In a small bowl, mix together the chicken broth and coconut extract; set aside. Heat a large skillet on medium/medium high heat sprayed generously with olive oil or coconut cooking spray. Add riced cauliflower and green onion; stir fry approximately 20 minutes. Add the chicken broth mixture and lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir fry until heated through.

Servings: 4 C. veggies

MANGO SALSA
1/3 C. diced yellow bell peppers
1/3 C. diced tomatoes
Ό C. diced red onion
1 T. chopped cilantro
1 T. peach mango pre-made drink
Salt, to taste

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Refrigerate until use.

Servings = 1 C. veggies (the peach mango drink is a trace amount and I do not include it except as one of the 5 extras for the day)
Old 07-13-2015, 09:23 PM   #335  
Restarted IP 12 July 2015

S/C/G: S/C/G: 250/239.2/130

Height: 5'7" 23-y-o

Moo-Shu Style Veggies
I LOVE this dish! I came up with it when I was not on IP at all. With some minor modifications from my original (just getting rid of the sesame oil and adding more different veggies) it is totally OP! Hope y'all enjoy!

Ingredients (makes 2-3 servings):
1-2 tbsp grape seed oil
ideal salt to taste
3-4 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup diced celery
1 cup mung beans
Black pepper to taste
3 eggs or egg whites
low soduim soy sauce to taste
fish sauce to taste (optional)

Directions:
-in a Large saucepan or wok, heat oil and ideal salt over medium-high heat
-add in all veggies, add black pepper to taste, stir constantly until the cabbage boils down and the mushrooms look cooked (I like mine quite well done, this can take up to 15 minutes)
- when the veggies look almost done, move them over to one side of your pan (you're clearing a space for egg cooking) Here, pour on a bit of soy sauce to your veggies, trying to avoid the space you just cleared. You may need to spray a bit of Pam in the cleared area if the pan looks dry
- pour in eggs or egg whites. If using whole eggs, puncture the yolks quickly with a spatula and mix them up a bit. The eggs cook very quickly. As they start to firm up, you can start to break the eggs up a bit and mix them with the veggies to get the stir-fry eggy texture
-place desired serving in a bowl. Add fish sauce to taste (I like a LOT!), or add more soy sauce if you don't like the fishy taste.

The leftovers can keep for up to two days in a tupperware in the fridge. To re-heat, just toss it back in a pan! If I am having this for dinner, I add chicken or shrimp on top. It is good with just the veggies for lunch as well (each serving has ~1 egg white, so I just subtract an ounce of meat from dinner if I eat it for lunch)
LizziBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:12 PM   #336  
Restarted IP 12 July 2015

S/C/G: S/C/G: 250/239.2/130

Height: 5'7" 23-y-o

Default Broccoli-Leek Soup

Broccoli-Leek soup from Williams Sonoma
(Original recipe: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recip...leek-soup.html)

Slightly modified IP version:
Ingredients:
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 lb. leeks, including the green part (I use the frozen, pre-washed and cut bag from Trader Joes)
1 lb. broccoli, trimmed, florets and stalks
cut into 1-inch pieces (again, I use a frozen bag)
4 cups chicken stock
IP Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 TBSP plain, fat-free yogurt (optional, my clinic allows me to use this instead of the 1oz of skim milk we are allowed that I never use)
2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh chives

Directions:
in a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the leeks and sautι until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and sautι, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes more.

Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cover partially and cook until the vegetables are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.

In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches until smooth and return the soup to the pan. Alternatively, process with a stick blender in the pan until smooth. Reheat the soup gently over medium heat. Season with salt and white pepper. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and garnish with the yogurt and chives. Serve immediately.
LizziBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:15 AM   #337  
determined

Default Red Velvet Donuts and Cream Cheese Icing

Recipes by Janeva Eickhoff

RED VELVET DONUTS

1 IP milk chocolate pudding mix (I used dark chocolate pudding mix)
1 IP chocolate chip pancake mix (or regular pancake mix)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Splenda (I used stevia)
1/3 C. liquid egg whites
1 tsp. extra light olive oil
3 T. + 1 tsp. water
1 tsp. red velvet emulsion (**see below for details)

Directions:Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium bowl, place the pudding mix, pancake mix, baking powder and Splenda. Mix dry ingredients well by stirring with a whisk to distribute baking powder throughout the mix.
Add liquid egg whites, extra light olive oil, water and red velvet emulsion. Stir with a spatula to mix.
Spray a regular size OR mini doughnut pan with cooking spray, spoon batter into pan making 6 OR 12 donuts.
Bake 8 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

**The sugar free emulsions and extracts at www.olivenation.com are all IP friendly.

Servings: Regular donut pan makes 6 doughnuts = 2 IP unrestricted servings; 3 donuts = 1 IP unrestricted. Mini donut pan makes 12 donuts, with 6 donuts = 1 IP unrestricted

CREAM CHEESE DONUT GLAZE

1 T. Walden Farms marshmallow dip
1 tsp. *cream cheese emulsion, sugar free
½ tsp. Walden Farms pancake syrup

Directions: In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until smooth. Refrigerate until use.

This recipe glazes 3 regular sized donuts. Double to glaze 12 minis.
Old 07-20-2015, 10:28 PM   #338  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Default Loaves of Bread

frawniemae - thanks for info on emulsions and the olive nation link. I ordered a number of them and anxiously awaiting their arrival.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I made 2 loaves of bread on Sunday - one vanilla cinnamon for French toast and one plain for sandwiches/toast.

Same base recipe using Quest Protein Powders:

- I used 10 scoops of protein powder, 3/4 of scoop rather than full scoops
- 10 servings of egg whites = 15 oz (1 serving per scoop)
- 5 tsp baking powder (1/2 tsp per scoop)
- 3 tsp xanthan gum (based upon instructions on xanthan gum package)
- 10 oz water (1 oz per scoop)

For Vanilla Cinnamon, I used Quest Vanilla Milkshake powder. In addition to above ingredients, I add 2 tsp vanilla extract, imitation butter extract and cinnamon.

For regular bread, I used Quest Multi-Purpose Powder. In addition to base recipe above, I added salt to batter.

Mix ingredients (if making both recipes, in separate bowls obviously) and pour in a regular-size loaf pan that has been sprayed with Baker's Joy non-stick spray (or lined with parchment paper) and bake at 60 minutes at 375 (until you stick a butter knife in middle and it comes out clean).

Let cool.
Once cooled, I cut each loaf in 10 slices each and stored in sandwich bag for each slice in refrigerator to avoid it becoming moldy.
For Vanilla Cinnamon bread, I placed one slice in egg white on both sides and fried in pan with non-stick spray for French toast. Topped with cinnamon and WF syrup. I also have the slice as a snack - I just heat in microwave for 30 seconds.

For regular bread, I have used for dinner by having chicken and turkey sandwiches. I treat one slice as 4 oz of meat so I have one slice with 4 oz chicken or turkey for my dinner protein allotment.
I have also used one slice as toast with 2 eggs for dinner for my dinner protein allotment. I love poached eggs and was missing bread to sop up the yolk - this serves the purpose nicely.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #339  
determined

Default Green chili Pork

brought over from what r u eating thread
Credit to Great Dane:

Green Chili Pork
Servings 2
• 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes and browned on all sides
• 1/2 cups chicken broth (fat free low sodium – or make your own)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced fine
• 1/2 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes (look for lowest carb, no sugar added)
• 1 8oz can chopped green chilis (look for lowest carb, no sugar added)
• 1 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin (more or less to taste) or cayenne
• 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (more or less to taste)
• 4 chopped green onions
• 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1. Combine tomatoes, chiles, oregano, cumin, salt, broth and garlic in large saucepan over med-high heat. Cook until liquid cooks down by half, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce heat to med-low, add pork, cover, and simmer until pork is fork-tender.
3. Stir in cilantro, green onions and lime juice just before serving. Serve with 1 1/4C lower carb veg.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:45 PM   #340  

Height: 5'4"

I hope you don't mind my posting here, but I just gotta say...I am on Weight Watchers but I ALWAYS come here for the amazing recipes. They are creative and truly low calorie, unlike the often high calorie drek I see posted on the Weight Watchers forum (I belong to the official site), where you cut a tiny sliver of something high calorie and pretend you are happy and then call it a day! Thank you so much for the amazing recipes everyone.
marigolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #341  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Default Updated Recipe Booklet

I have been getting sloppy lately with posting in other threads various recipes. I finally got around to putting them into the recipe booklet that I previously posted thanks from nudging from frawniemae

Here it is...
There is one basic recipe that I use for Quest Protein powder for muffins, bread, French toast, pancakes, cookies, puddings. If you are looking for that, you're best bet is to search in the document for Quest and it will take you to each of those recipes.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7J...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Ro22; 10-25-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #342  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Default Very Greek Chicken in Slow Cooker

From TotalWellCoach.com And SugarFreeMom.com
Marinade:
extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. fresh lemon zest or 1/4 tsp. dried lemon zest (or use a little more lemon juice if you don’t have lemon zest)
1 tsp. Greek seasoning
1 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 tsp. dried oregano
black pepper to taste

Trim all visible fat and membranes from chicken breasts, I like to make small crosswise slits about 1/2 inch apart down the length of each chicken breast to help the marinade penetrate the meat. Put chicken in single layer in Ziploc bag.

Combine marinade ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinate in refrigerator 6-8 hours or all day if desired. (If you don’t have that long to marinate I recommend increasing the lemon juice a little.)

Place chicken breasts on bottom of crockpot and pour marinade over the top.

Cook in a slow cooker for 2.5-3 hours on low (check at 2.5 hours).
Old 01-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #343  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

I found this recipe while watching a cooking show on TV
and it sounded pretty good. Interesting use of celery root as a binder in place of breadcrumbs.
Check the quantities for veg and protein, you may have to adjust slightly.
Next time, I think I will brown the meatballs in the oven before putting them in the sauce, I think they would hold together a bit better.

TURKEY MEATBALLS WITH TOMATO SAUCE
• 1 1/2 pounds celery root (peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
• 1/4 cup fresh marjoram (or oregano, roughly chopped)
• 1 bunch parsley (roughly chopped, plus more for garnish)
• 2 cloves garlic (finely grated)
• 2-3 egg whites
• Tomato Sauce ( Use your favorite compliant recipe: I used Janeva's spaghizza sauce)
• red chili flakes (to taste)
• salt and pepper to taste

• Preheat oven to 400ΊF.
• In a large bowl, add celery root, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Transfer to a baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
• In a food processor, add the celery root, pulse to finely chop and transfer to a large bowl. Add ground turkey, marjoram, parsley, garlic and egg whites. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
• Form turkey mixture into golf ball-sized balls. Transfer to a plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• To a medium-sized pot add tomato sauce and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil simmer, stirring occasionally. Add the meatballs, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
• Serve meatballs with sauce. Garnish with more parsley.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:26 AM   #344  

S/C/G: 386

Thumbs up Carmel Cinnamon Pancake

New poster, almost 3 weeks on IP and down 18lbs! First time I've tried altering any of the mixes and I'm definitely doing it again!!!

Pancake/Crepe Mix
1.4 oz water
Vanilla
Stevia packet
Cinnamon to taste
Spoonful of WF Carmel Dip

So good I licked the bowl and spoon!!

Definitely a keeper.

Debbi
ntxwlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:24 AM   #345  

Default Alternative to WF Dressings

For those who find the WF salad dressings too sweet, here is an alternative "3 Zeros" salad dressing http://www.3-zeros.com/. My coach confirmed that they are Phase 1 acceptable. So far I have only tried the Italian and Greek dressing, but I like them much better than any of the WF. I still add a little vinegar or lemon juice to stretch the 2 tablespoon serving.
Bea1511 is offline   Reply With Quote