Old 04-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #61  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Here's my recipe for zucchini/IP packet muffins (again)

1 IP packet (I use lemon/banana pudding, wild berry yogurt, maple oatmeal or potato puree, for potato rolls)

1 egg white (I use from the carton)
pinch salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c (from raw) shredded zucchini, lightly sauteed in 1 tsp oil

Whip egg whites with salt until frothy but not peaked
stir in remaining ingredients
Let sit 10 minutes for baking powder to activate
Spray non stick muffin tin before filling 3 regular sized muffins. Do NOT use papers!
Bake 350 approx 20 mins (baking time may vary depending on oven)
They will fall a bit upon cooling.

I usually make 4 batches at once, to fill a one dozen muffin pan.

Makes a great breakfast, lunch (esp potato rolls) or snack AND includes 1 c veggies!
Thank you Lisa Potato Rolls my new favorite!!! Yum
4Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi,

I had to share my new discovery! I've been obsessing over trying to find a suitable, very low fat salad dressing and I hit upon something so good, I would eat it if I wasn't dieting!

I used 1/2 a carton of mori-nu silken tofu (they didn't have light at the store I was at, that would decrease the fat even further), a handful of fresh basil and cilantro, a garlic clove, half a green onion, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon or so of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, then pureed with an immersion blender (one could use a magic bullet, blender etc...wouldn't recommend a food processor though)

basically this creates a luscious creamy sauce that can be further thinned with water or more acid or used as a dipping sauce, or as a pesto aioli...I made delicious coleslaw with it, and as a mayo type spread for mini turkey sandwiches with the potato rolls!

I am really excited about it! It's all tofu and veg so you can subtract a fraction of an ounce from your protein allotment for the day rather than your use up your precious oil!
Ruti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Vanilla Cookies

Combine Vanilla Drink mix, 2 oz water, 1 egg white and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder until smooth. Drop onto a cookie sheet lined with foil, bake 8 min, flip and bake 5 more minutes at 350*.

I got 8 cookies out of the packet!

They taste very similar to pancakes so I dip them in a little Walden Farms Pancake Syrup.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Somebody asked me to post my chili recipe.
The one here I saw had Worcestershire sauce, which isn't p1 friendly

Here is my P1 chili (4 servings)

2 lb lean ground beef ( or use half beef/half chicken or turkey)
1.5 c chopped Green peppers
1.5 c chopped Celery
1.5 c chopped Leeks
2 14oz cans Diced tomatoes for chili (read ingredients. No added sugar. If you can't find one, use plain tomatoes and buy 2 cans diced chili peppers)
Spices to taste: garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper

I serve mine over a bed of lettuce (think taco salad) or over cauliflower rice
When you make this, how do you measure out a serving? I want to make this for a family dinner this weekend and want to be sure that I do not overdo it. My coach said that canned diced tomatoes are fine as long as they are just tomatoes and water.
randygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
When you make this, how do you measure out a serving? I want to make this for a family dinner this weekend and want to be sure that I do not overdo it. My coach said that canned diced tomatoes are fine as long as they are just tomatoes and water.
I measured how much it made & 1 serving was 1/4 of the total.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #66  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I am day 3 on IP and these recipes are so appreciated. Unfortunately, my clinic only sells whole boxes of food so it will take me some time to accumulate the ngredients. At least knowing i can do this long term helps my frame of mind. I am down 5 lbs today! So excited!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 177/158.4/142

Height: 5"9

Thanks - I loved eating these in Thialand ! Never thought to make them on my own! Yumm
tsalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #68  

Height: 5' 7"

Bump for the newbie's
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 235/180 (start IP)/TICKER/145

Height: 5"5

Default 0/0/0 homemade jello :)

pSoooo.... i have combined package of unflavored gelatin with 2 cups of my powerade zero drink and VOILA! I have 0/0/0 jello snack...with 7 grams of protein plus a little potassium. I know it's not a great source of calories but it sure comes in handy during one of my snacking fits! Im so glad I experimented with this idea. It's my new favorite sweet tooth treat! even better that it's guilt free!
hlfoster9290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 262/202/145

Height: 5'8"

IP Lasagna or Eggplant Parmesan

I made this recipe up tonight and it was a big hit. For lasagna use zucchini, for eggplant parm use eggplant.

Layer in an 8x8 pan which you've sprayed with cooking spray:

Thawed frozen grilled zucchini or eggplant

Meat Mixture:

Soften 1 small onion, chopped and 2 cloves of garlic, minced in 2 TBSP olive oil. Stir in 1 TBSP Italian Seasoning (adjust to taste), Salt, Pepper. Add 1 lb. lean ground beef and cook until meat is browned.

In shaker make up 1 packet of Tomato Basil Soup - I used 4 ounces of water so it was a little thick but that wasn't enough, so 5 or 6 ounces might work better.

Stir the tomato soup into the meat. Add 1 to 2 cups of chopped kale or spinach and cook down, stirring occasionally until the kale is soft. Pour 1/2 on top of the zucchini/eggplant.

Place another layer of vegetables on top of the meat. Then add the rest of the meat.

Top with 1 package of the IP Crepe mix, made with about 5 ounces of water. This is the secret ingredient as it acts like a noodle and looks like cheese when it bakes!

Bake for 30 minutes @ 350.
DDNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Stuffed red pepper or green...

Meatloaf-Stuffed-Peppers
1 pound lean ground beef
4 stalks celery, finely diced
1/4 of an onion (Phase 4 only)
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon of salt
dash of pepper
2 large bell peppers
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375˚
Crumble the ground beef into a mixing bowl, combine finely diced celery and diced onion (Phase 4 only) into the mixing bowl add the salt and pepper and eggs and mix all together don’t mash it tightly though just mix, set aside
Split the peppers from top to bottom making 4 halves
Divide the meat mixture between the 4 halves
Place in a baking dish and cover with foil bake for 45 minutes at 375˚
Uncover the last ten minutes so the tops will brown up

I like red pepper ... green taste funny to me!
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #72  

I don't understand how to get to post on this site..help
Joan E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 226.2/198.6/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Cuban Mojo Marinated Pork Loin

Hi All,

I did search around to see if I could find the answer to my question, but I just couldn't find it. I remember seeing someone post the difference in carbs between using lemon juice and lime juice, but I couldn't find it. I think the consensus was that lemon juice was best, but that lime was a close second. I'm wondering how bad a small amount of fresh squeezed orange juice is when used in a marinade.

I made an absolutely fantastic version of Cuban mojo marinated pork loin roast. The original recipe called for a lot of orange juice, and then a little lemon juice. I switched it around and used 1/4c orange juice, approx. 1/2c lemon juice, 1/4c lime juice, and 1/4c olive oil. Then I made a paste of minced garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper, poked holes all over the roast and smeared this mixture in all the holes. Then the roast marinated in the juice mixture overnight. To cook the next day, I took the roast out of the marinade, dried it off, seared on all sides, then placed in a roasting pan on top of some thick cut onions, and poured the marinade in the roasting pan. I put the onions in this way because I wanted the flavor of the onion, but I knew I couldn't eat cooked onions, and the recipe called for sliced onions to be added to the marinade in the roasting pan. After the roast was done, the recipe called for reducing the pan juices by half and using this as a sauce.

My roast was 3.1lbs, so I decided this was going to be 8 servings. So in all total, each serving would receive approx. 2 tablespoons of the marinade, or when reduced by half, 1 tablespoon of sauce. Each serving would have just a small amount of orange juice. Was this a major cheat? If so, I won't do it in the future, but damn this was delicious!
scarlettx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #74  

Bump
MagnoliaBlssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #75  

Default Yummy rutabaga chips

I started off to make Rainbows jicama chips but got sidetracked by half a rutabaga in the frig. Followed that recipe but did not use the sweetener since rutabagas are so naturally sweet.

Original recipe is on Mixin in the Kitchen II, page 17, post 242.

Georgia

Last edited by MagnoliaBlssom; 07-20-2013 at 06:35 PM.
MagnoliaBlssom is offline   Reply With Quote