3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)

frawniemae 05-16-2015 08:20 PM

Sweet and Sour Salmon

Don't shy away because of the name! A chef friend of mine makes a dish similar to this one and I have been trying to recreate it the IP way. I am happy to say this is as good as his was!

Makes 2 servings (5-7 oz protein and 1/2 cup veggie each)

two 5-7 ounce salmon filets, boneless, skinless
1/2 cup each coarsely chopped red and gold bell peppers
4 tsp EVOO
1/4 cup Walden Farms honey Balsamic dressing
2 T Walden Farms pancake syrup
2-3 T rice vinegar (be sure it is 0/0/0) (ACV might work; I haven't tried it)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried onion flakes

Mix dressing, syrup and vinegar with a whisk. Heat oil over medium high in large non stick skillet with a lid. Saute bell peppers 2 minutes. Push to the edge of the pan and add salmon. Cook 2 minutes then turn. Lower heat to simmer. Place bell pepper over fish. Pour liquid mixture over all. Sprinkle seasonings and dried onions over all. Cover and cook 5 minutes.

Optional: add some chopped cilantro just before serving.

hysteria_625 05-17-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frawniemae (Post 5164956)
Don't shy away because of the name! A chef friend of mine makes a dish similar to this one and I have been trying to recreate it the IP way. I am happy to say this is as good as his was!

Makes 2 servings (5-7 oz protein and 1/2 cup veggie each)

two 5-7 ounce salmon filets, boneless, skinless
1/2 cup each coarsely chopped red and gold bell peppers
4 tsp EVOO
1/4 cup Walden Farms honey Balsamic dressing
2 T Walden Farms pancake syrup
2-3 T rice vinegar (be sure it is 0/0/0) (ACV might work; I haven't tried it)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dried onion flakes

Mix dressing, syrup and vinegar with a whisk. Heat oil over medium high in large non stick skillet with a lid. Saute bell peppers 2 minutes. Push to the edge of the pan and add salmon. Cook 2 minutes then turn. Lower heat to simmer. Place bell pepper over fish. Pour liquid mixture over all. Sprinkle seasonings and dried onions over all. Cover and cook 5 minutes.

Optional: add some chopped cilantro just before serving.

This sounds amazing Frawnie! Wouldn't guess you found the honey balsamic WF in the store?

frawniemae 05-17-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hysteria_625 (Post 5165032)
This sounds amazing Frawnie! Wouldn't guess you found the honey balsamic WF in the store?

I usually order my WF online from vitacost. Sometimes they'll have a B1G1 special. I was elated when I found that honey balsamic just so I could try it in this recipe!

frawniemae 06-01-2015 09:38 AM

Cabbage Roll Soup

1 lbs. lean ground beef
2 C. shredded cabbage
1 T dried onion flakes
1 (14.5 oz.) can * no sugar added fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. IP salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 or 2 cans fat free beef broth (depending on how thick you want it)

Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Drain any fat.
Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix. Bring soup to a boil, cover and turn down to simmer 30 minutes. Add seasonings to taste.

Servings: 2 – 8oz. lean meat + 2 C. Veggies.

* If you use plain tomatoes, add more garlic powder, onion powder, etc to taste.

oneuh2 06-03-2015 02:23 PM

P1 Vanilla Raspberry Sorbet

P1 Vanilla Raspberry Sorbet

1 bottle Ideal Protein Vanilla Almond Yogurt Drink
1 packet of Raspberry Mousse Mix
2 ounces of water – Or more if you want more diluted.

1. Pour vanilla almond drink in bullet or blender.
2. Fill bottle with 2 ounces water and shake.
3. Pour water from bottle into blender.
4. Pour dry raspberry mousse mix into blender and blend.
5. Pour into two small glasses and freeze.
6. Makes two non-restricted desserts. Enjoy one now and one another day.
Phase 1 Friendly!
from Dr. Zumbado's IP website

oneuh2 06-03-2015 02:25 PM

Custard
Prep Time: 3 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Serving Size: 6oz. Yield: 2 servings

INGREDIENTS:
1 Butterscotch IP Pudding packet
12 oz. water
< 1 pinch Real Salt
¼-1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Vanilla IP Pudding packet
1 egg white, beaten
Nutmeg or Cinnamon (for garnish)
Walden Farms Caramel Sauce

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray ramekins (oven proof custard cups) with olive or grapeseed oil and set aside. Prepare both puddings with 12 oz. water. Add beaten egg whites, salt & pumpkin pie spice to pudding mixture and mix thoroughly. Place batter equally in each ramekin and place ramekin into a casserole dish with ½ in. of water in the dish. Cover entire dish LOOSELY with foil and bake for 20 minutes.

Each serving equals 1 non-restricted IP protein
from Dr. Zumbado's IP website

oneuh2 06-03-2015 02:45 PM

All Day Chicken Soup P1 Friendly

All Day Chicken Soup

This recipe extends one package of chicken soup into three servings which can be heated and eaten easily and at any time of day and counts as only one packet serving.

All of the extra ingredients are “freebies” which can be eaten in these quantities without any negative impact, even in Phase one. It is a good idea to have prepared in the fridge for when you need a quick pick me up, or while you are cooking in the late afternoon and might be tempted to nibble. Take a jar to the office and snack on it during the week. Pre-armed is prepared!

One envelope IP Chicken Soup mix
One scallion sliced
3 Tbs chopped celery
3 Tbs chopped onion
2 chopped mushrooms
2 chicken bouillon cubes
3 cups water

In a one quart jar, shake chicken soup mix with one cup water.
In a small saucepan combine celery, onion, mushrooms, bouillon cubes and two cups water, bring just to boil and remove from stove.
Cool to room temperature, add scallion
Add mixture to quart jar containing chicken soup and shake
Refrigerate and heat in one cup portions.

Great Dane 06-07-2015 08:58 PM

Rhubarb Jello
1 packet IP raspberry or cherry jello
2 Cups rhubarb, chopped into 1/2" chunks and microwaved for about 1 min 45 seconds (mine still had a little crunch to them). Let cool a bit.

Prepare the IP jello per instructions and pour into a 3 cup glass bowl. Add rhubarb. I let it set up in the fridge all afternoon (5.5 hours). It seemed to take a little longer to set. I did not add any sweetener, I think the IP mix does the job but I do like my rhubarb tart anyway!
https://www.flickr.com/gp/drb/eEn5Zt

Great Dane 06-09-2015 11:20 PM

Did you know that the IP Pina Colada tastes even better - yes exotic even - if you drink it out of a martini glass full of crushed ice. Just keep pouring from your shaker. IP or martini!!!

lisa32989 06-10-2015 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Dane (Post 5171714)
Rhubarb Jello
1 packet IP raspberry or cherry jello
2 Cups rhubarb, chopped into 1/2" chunks and microwaved for about 1 min 45 seconds (mine still had a little crunch to them). Let cool a bit.

Prepare the IP jello per instructions and pour into a 3 cup glass bowl. Add rhubarb. I let it set up in the fridge all afternoon (5.5 hours). It seemed to take a little longer to set. I did not add any sweetener, I think the IP mix does the job but I do like my rhubarb tart anyway!
https://www.flickr.com/gp/drb/eEn5Zt

If you use plain gelatin instead of a packet, your "jello" can be counted as a veggie :)
I sweeten that with a red Mio or stevia.

Great Dane 06-10-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5172721)
If you use plain gelatin instead of a packet, your "jello" can be counted as a veggie :)

But the rhubarb was my veggie in my IP plus Veggie meal.

lisa32989 06-10-2015 01:20 PM

Oh, for sure. But sometimes I plan for the rhubarb jello to be an "in between" and don't want it to be made with an IP packet.

lisa32989 06-10-2015 01:22 PM

My new fav summer lunch:
Make the cucumber sorbet from the Fun With Veggie Purees thread (link in first post of weekday chat).
Add syntrax nectar fruit punch protein powder when mixing in blender.
YUM!

With ice cubes in my Vitamix, no need to put in freezer.

MntRose 06-10-2015 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 5172742)
My new fav summer lunch:
Make the cucumber sorbet from the Fun With Veggie Purees thread (link in first post of weekday chat).
Add syntrax nectar fruit punch protein powder when mixing in blender.
YUM!

With ice cubes in my Vitamix, no need to put in freezer.

Lisa when you make this do you use the gelatin and omit the egg whites when making this? It sounds very interesting and going to try it.

frawniemae 06-11-2015 09:05 AM

Chayote "apple pie"

2 cups chayote, sliced and allowed to drain
1 to 2 T water
4 T Walden Farms apple butter spread
1 tsp Stevia
2 tsp cinnamon, divided
2 IP maple oatmeal packets
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup eggwhites
½ tsp vanilla
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp EVOO (or use total of 3 tsp and leave out coconut oil)

Combine chayote, WF apple butter spread, 1 tsp cinnamon, stevia and 1 T of water and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally (add more if needed for “syrup”iness). Pour into one small baking dish, 2 mini loaf pans or 2 ramikins (spritz whichever you use with EVOO before using). Combine baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon and oatmeal in small bowl then stir in liquids. Mix well. Spoon and spread “batter” over the chayote mixture. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if you like. Bake at 350 degrees 12-15 minutes, until browned. Serve hot or cold. Makes 2 servings unrestricted IP + 1 cup veggie (If using 4 ramikins, it will be four ½ IP and ½ c veggie servings. I topped mine with 1/2 packet of vanilla pudding, prepared.