Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

You're on Page 14 of 25
Go to
  • Quote: What has gluten in the potato purée?
    Label says contains milk, egg, soybeans.
    No wheat or other gluten sources I know about.
    Do you avoid all soy due to possible cross-contamination?
    Sorry Lisa just saw this today... I got a list from IP Science dept headquarters through my coach/clinic that had all the products on it & it showed the ones that were labelled GF (ie: 'guaranteed GF') and the ones that were not made with gluten but could not be labelled (possibly due to cross contamination). Potato puree is not checked off in either the 'gluten free' or the 'GF label' columns.
    For instance Pina Colada Smoothie and Mushroom soup are checked off in the gluten free column, but due to possible contamination they cannot have a GF label. Same with the Rasp crunch, Caramel crunch, Lemon Poppy seed, Cookies n Crème, & the White Choco bars.
    Liana
  • Quote: Hey all! What's your favorite recipe to make with the vanilla pudding mix? I know there are many to choose from but what do you LOVE?

Needing something fun today!
    Only thing I have ever made is a waffle. Nothing exciting. There is a double chocolate cookie recipe. Can't remember if it was pudding or drink mix that could be done with vanilla. The recipe used woopie pie pans but I did it with an ordinary one.
  • Quote: I am so excited about this recipe that I needed to share. I am sure there must be already a post about this but I can't resist.
    I made bread buns using the puree packet following this recipe http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/i...-rolls-recipe/

DELICIOUS and moist! I did not eat them all the first day I cooked and amazingly two days after ( kept in a container) they are still moist and soft. They are delicious and very filling!

I will be be using this definitely when I have to go on a picnic or short trips.

This is how they look!
    do you eat all 5 as a lunch with 2cups veg?
  • Quote: do you eat all 5 as a lunch with 2cups veg?
    Yes. It only uses one packet. Some people adjust their dinner protein for the egg, other people don't bother especially if you use egg white only.
  • I need to make the broccoli and cheese bread!
  • Quote: Only thing I have ever made is a waffle. Nothing exciting. There is a double chocolate cookie recipe. Can't remember if it was pudding or drink mix that could be done with vanilla. The recipe used woopie pie pans but I did it with an ordinary one.
    I made a waffle with the pancake syrup and holy wow, Batman! SO GOOD!
  • OK...took a pic of this yesterday b/c I thought it turned out PURTY! This is my version of an Asian Salad/Stir Fry and soooooo easy:

1C cauliflower "rice" (I grated mine using a cheese grater...probably would consider 1/2 c instead as a little goes a long way)
    - spray small sauce pan with olive oil and combine grated cauliflower, 1 tsp low salt soy sauce, generous shaking of garlic powder, and a pinch of ginger
    - I added just a touch of water to make sure the cauliflower didn't burn and cooked it quickly over high heat to brown it but keep it slightly crunchy

In seperate sprayed pan, I sauteed shredded chicken and 1 cup more veggies of choice (add another 1/2 cup if doing less rice) with MORE low salt soy sauce, galic, black pepper, and ginger.

Spoon rice over lettuce bowl, chicken and veggies on top and then top with some WF Sesame Ginger dressing....DELISH!

Next time, I think I will definitely add mushroom and green onions (didn't have any) to the stir fry. I am also playing around with adding egg to my cauliflower rice the way fried rice is served at Chinese Restaurants.

Having fun with your food everyone!!!!

• IP Fake Fruit Recipes
    I don't know if these have been posted anywhere -- or even where I got them. They're in my "stash" of IP stuff but since strawberry season is upon us I was looking for my strawberry rhubarb stuff and found all these treasures to share (if there is a better format let me know -- cut and paste seems "big" but it won't let me upload the file)

Things you can do with rhubarb and "fake" apples. Enjoy.

Rhubarb Jello
    1/2 c. stevia
    1 c. water
    A few drops red food coloring
    4 c. rhubarb, peeled and diced
    1 (3 oz.) pkg. strawberry Jello, dry
    Boil 5 minutes. Peel and dice the rhubarb. Put in the stevia and water. Let come to a boil (I like my rhubarb cooked soft). Then add one 3 ounce package dry Jello right out of the box. Stir and let cool and set.

Rhubarb gelatin
    boiled up some frozen rhubarb and let most of the water evaporate, then added some strawberries and cooked until tender, mashed it with a fork until blended. I think the correct ratio is 1 whole tbsp gelatin per two cups liquid, so try 1 cup cold rhubarb/strawberry mash to 1 tbsp gelatin, let it dissolve, then 1 cup of the warm mash, plus some sweetener. I used stevia packets. The flavor combo of rhubarb and strawberry is amazing... I'm going to try it with the WF strawberry jam

Rhubarb/Strawberry Dessert
    2 cups of rhubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delicious!!!
    Also, the rhubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies
    Crumble the maple oatmeal over the top and bake it in the oven and u can have rhubarb crumble for lunch

Rhubarb upside down cake
    I beat up two egg whites till frothy, put in a pinch of sea salt and a scant 1/8 tsp of baking powder and a tiny bit of vanilla. Then mix in the crushed cereal. Pour over cooked down rhubarb.
    and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I put frozen rhubarb into brie baker and sprinkle a bit of Splenda on it and put in microwave two minutes; stir it up and put it back in for another minute.
    Preheat oven to 350F.
    Pour cereal mixture over rhubarb and put in oven until it browns nicely about 20 minutes.
    The hardest part is to leave it alone long enough to let it cool enough to eat, it smells so good.

Rhubarb flatbread

You can also do this with an oatmeal pkg. I used maple oatmeal with 2 ounces of water and just put in over the rhubarb. I don't think I added anything else but haven't made it with the oatmeal for a while a cup of cooked rhubarb (mashed up), about 1/4 c of egg whites (I think that's 2 egg whites), 1 scoop of the protein powder, 2 packets of stevia powder, and a good shake of cinnamon (which I am now obsessed with putting in everything). I wasn't sure how sweet that would make it, and I didn't want to taste raw egg whites, so I just baked it and figured I could always sprinkle more on later. Then I spread it out to about 1/8-1/4", baked in a 350F oven until it looked brown, then flipped it over and kept baking until it looked brown and crisp.because the oatmeal is a restricted and the cereal isn't.

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
    cut up some fresh rhubarb, added some WF strawberry jam and a little water, zapped it in the microwave for about 1 1/2-2 minutes

RHUBARB "PIE”
    Rhubarb (3-5 stalks)
    1/2 TB (more or less to your taste. 2-3 tsp is average) Apple Pie Spice (Cinnamon, Nutmeg, & Allspice) (amount is up to you. I use a lot of rhubarb and like a heavy cinnamon taste.)
    2 packages sweetener (Truvia/ Splenda)
    1 tsp Vanilla extract
    Optional: 1 TB Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup (DaVinci/ Torani)
    Optional: Spray of "I can't Believe its Not Butter"
    DIRECTIONS:
    1. Pre-heat oven to 200 C
    2. Spray glass pan with "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" or other approved non-stick spray
    3. Cut Rhubarb into small pieces
    4. In a bowl, mix Rhubarb, sweetener, vanilla, sugar-free syrup and spices together.
    5. Place mixture into pan and back for approximately 10 minutes (more or less if you want a bit of crunch (less) or smooshy (more... my fave)

I have also used sugar-free Raspberry syrup on this to balance the sour and give a different taste.

But this is total comfort food treat for me and an excellent way to get in more of your required vegetables without eating yet another salad.

Rhubarb Jello
    100 ml of water
    500 ml of rhubarb
    3 Tbsp Splenda (or to taste)
    1 Package Ideal Protein Raspberry Jello
    Preparation
    In pan on stove, stew chopped rhubarb with 100 ml of water and Splenda. In a separate bowl, prepare Raspberry Jello as directed on package. Combine stewed rhubarb with jello & place in refrigerator. Can be served warm or cold.

Rhubarb Crisp

Preheat oven to 350 Spray a small dish with Pam ( I use a brie baker) Put about a cup cut up of Rhubarb in. Add a package of splenda or sweetner of choice Microwave for 2 minutes, mix it and if not tender give it another minute Mix a packet of IP oatmeal with about 2 ounces of water. Pour it over rhubarb and put it in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.

Rhubarb Cake
    Prepare Rhubarb as for crisp Crush an unopened packet of crispy cereal with a rolling pin Beat two egg whites until frothy Add pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder; 1/4 teaspoon vanilla Fold in the crushed cereal Pour over the rhubarb mixture Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown

RHUBARB GINGERSCOTCH WHOOPIE PIES!!!

1/2 cup rhubarb, (diced in 1/2 inch or smaller pieces) tossed with 1 tablespoon stevia
    1 package Ideal oatmeal
    1 package Ideal butterscotch pudding
    1/8 cup rolled oats
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    sprinkle cinnamon to taste
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp ginger from the tube
    one egg white, slightly whipped
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tbsp almond roca SF syrup
    * If needed…enough water to get a cookie dough texture (i used 1/2 cup)
    Directions
    Toss rhubarb with stevia to coat and let sit while making the cookie batter.
    Combine dry ingredients. Once all dry ingredients have been well mixed stir in the egg white, vanilla, almond roca syrup and rhubarb pieces and any juices from the rhubarb.
    then add water to get cookie dough texture. i ended up using 1/2 cup water.
    Spray your cookie sheet pan lightly olive oil Pam spray and place 12 cookies on sheet. I rolled them into little balls and then flattened them slightly using my fingertips...i dipped my fingertips into water to keep them from sticking to the cookie dough!!
    Bake at 325 for 5-10 minutes or desired degree of moisture. Test center of cookie with toothpick to see if baked.
    Allow cookies to cool slightly on the pan before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
    you can eat them like this....6 cookies = 1 serving....

OR

make whoopie pies using wf marshmallow

Chocolate Rhubarb Ice Cream

Take one really long stock of Rhubarb, chop it like celery throw it in a microwavable bowl with a splash or 2 of water. Microwave for 2 min or so till it really falls a part. Let Cool. Throw cooled Rhubarb into blender, add 1 oz non fat milk, 2 packets of powdered stevia. 1.5 tablespoons of strawberry jam * i used walden farm's calorie free fruit spread) 1 scoop chocolate protein powder and 4 shakes of pumpkin pie spice. Blend until smooth then put in bowl for freezer. That is for one serving.

Take out of freezer and if not sweet enough then add more strawberry. The Protein Powder can be a packet of IP Pudding or drink. I don't drink the 1 oz of milk in the morning and this is the first time I have used milk since this began. I will take a photo tomorrow and post it.

Rhubarb Cheesecake

one cup of rhubarb
    Cook the rhubarb until mushy. Blend it with NY cheesecake pudding . Add heaping tsp of WF caramel dip
    and 4-5 oz water. Blended it until smooth and then put it in the freezer, stirring a couple times until cold and frosty and it was yummy!

faux apple dessert
    large zucchini
    cinnamon
    Splenda
    Directions
    Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. Season with cinnamon and Splenda or apple pie spice. Microwave in a small glass dish, covered, for a few minutes for a “baked apple” dessert. *(or the same ingredients can be simmered in a small saucepan with water to create apple butter.)
    I made this in the microwave was yummy. If you sprinkle the splenda and the cinnamon and stir together before cooking you could just eat it like that, taste like an apple

Apple Crumble

Another idea is to add it on top of zucchini (I use 1 cup of my allotted veg from dinner or lunch), like an apple crumble...peel and slice zucchini into small-ish pieces (I cut 1/8" slices into quarters), season with spices (I use cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, and a tiny bit of stevia). Cook for a minute or so in microwave. Meanwhile mix the oatmeal with some water and olive oil (1/2tsp) until you get a 'crumble' consistency; then add on top of zucchini and cook for another couple of minutes. I would recommend having it with the vanilla RTE pudding that's been frozen for ~45min (and some WF caramel dip drizzled on top, if you're feeling indulgent).

MOCK BAKED "APPLES" / "APPLE" TART

1 large zucchini
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1 pinch salt
    2 packets sweetener (like Truvia or Splenda)
    1 tsp or more Apple Pie Spice (You can also make your own with recipe below)
    1 tsp vanilla or 1 TB DaVinci/Torani Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup
    for Tart:
    Make IP Oatmeal according to directions (Can use a bit less water)
    Directions:
    1. Cut zucchini into circular disks, then cut in half to make apple slices
    2. Toss together zucchini, lemon juice and salt. Place mixture into frying pan and cook until tender-crisp.
    Note: If you are concerned about using so much lemon juice, you can cut it to 2TB. It will still taste great, but won't have a "syrupy" texture. Just make sure not to dry out when baking.
    3. Midway through cooking the zucchini, add in the spices, sweetener, and vanilla. I use more than 1 tsp of the spice because I like it strong.
    4. If making just the apples, lightly spray a glass pie pan with cooking spray or "I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter" spray. Lay down the zucchini pies like a pie. Drizzle over the top any extra lemon juice.
    5. Bake in oven at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 15-30 minutes until done. (taste at 15 min. Less time is crisp apple. More time is soft apple)
    Note that the lemon juice can be quite strong. You can add a bit more sweetener to cut the sour. I use the Sugar-Free Vanilla syrup to raise the sweetness without the risk of too much of the sweetener packets. Also good with Sugar-Free Toasted Marshmallow.
    If you are making the tart, make the IP Oatmeal according to directions (maybe use a bit less water) and spoon into the glass pie pan with non-stick spray. Layer "apples" on top. Bake according to directions.
    The taste of the tart is quite good, but not quite what I expected and I don’t like using a restricted product (oatmeal) for this when the regular baked apples by themselves are so good.

Zucchini "Apple" Chips
    Using a mandolin slice 1 small zucchini into slices between 1/16" and 1/8" (I did 1/16 but if you went a little thicker they would have some more bite to them). Lay them out on a silicone baking mat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with your choice of seasonings:
    Sweet: 1 pkt Splenda mixed with cinnamon
    Savory: Sea Salt and seasoning of your choice (I used a lemon herb seasoning)
    Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes checking frequently. Mine turned a little brown in the middle but they weren't burnt, just crunchy and delicious!! (if you're using a silicone baking sheet bake for 10-15 min and then turn so the other side will dry out, return to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes).
  • Thanks IP43. I just got some rhubarb today from the supermarket. Looking forward to trying some of these recipes!
  • I make my rhubarb by cooking it down, adding plain gelatin and red mio.

Pretty simple

Easy to know how much I started with before cooking it down so I know how many single-serving dishes it made
  • Quote: I made a waffle with the pancake syrup and holy wow, Batman! SO GOOD!
    Yes, I love the waffle too! I find it sweet enough though, even without the syrup.
  • Zucchini Pasta
    I found this guidance on making pasta from zuke on Low Carb Diets at Ask.com -- these steps will make it a bit more pasta like. I think I would use our sea salt for the brine.

Preparation:

1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel strips off zucchini, working your way around the squash. They can be as wide or as narrow as you like. Keep going until you reach the seeds (a few seeds won't matter, but you don't want it to be too seedy). You can also use a mandolin for this. (Note: if you're counting carbs, weigh the noodles at this point. Zucchini carb profile, including carb counts, etc.)

2. Put the zucchini strips in a colander or strainer, sprinkle a liberal amount of salt over them, and toss to coat. Use perhaps a quarter teaspoon of or a little more of salt for several cups of strips. Put the colander over a bowl and put a small plate on top to squeeze out the juice as it emerges. To speed things up, put some kind of weight on the plate such as a can of food. You can leave it like this for an hour, or up to 24 hours (they get more solid over time, but most of the action happens in the first hour). If you think of it, toss the strips with your fingers at some point to make sure the brine is well-distributed.

3. Rinse the salt off and either press the excess water out (you can just return it to the colander/plate setup) or spread the "noodles" out on a cotton dish towel (not terry cloth, or you may get lint.
  • YUM! Shrimp!!
    Plan on making this tonight!!! Thanks for posting.

Quote: I threw this together after getting some shrimp on sale and craving a "scampi" type dish. It was yummy! I ate mine over Zucchini noodles (use a julienne peeler to make noodles, saute in a little EVOO until tender) and the kids and hubby had theirs over Whole Wheat angel hair pasta.

GARLIC SHRIMP
    3 servings
    Ingredients:

14oz College Inn fat free, low sodium chicken broth (or homemade)
    1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    3 Tbsp lemon juice
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp turmeric
    1/2 tsp smoked paprika
    1 1/4 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined

In a skillet over medium high heat, combine broth, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, turmeric and paprika. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture reduces by about half.

Add shrimp, return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until shrimp is pink and cooked through (about 5 minutes).

Serve immediately over cooked zucchini noodles.
  • Meatballs
    These are my standard meatballs. The only difference is that I don't put the red onion into the meatballs before cooking. I serve raw red onion in a bowl on the table and we eat them with the meatballs.

Serves 2 (makes 14 meatballs)

16 oz 93-99% lean ground beef (better results with 93)
    1 medium whole egg
    6 medium button mushrooms chopped into small cubes
    2 cups of chopped raw cabbage
    1/2 red onion
    1 tbsp garlic pepper
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Lightly boil the cabbage until the "hardness" become crunchy but not crispy. Do not cook it completely as it will finish in the oven.

Break the ground beef into small pieces. Add spices, mushroom, cabbage and egg. Mix thoroughly and shape into cupped hand size balls.

Bake at 350F for 20 mins (10 mins per side). EDIT: We live at 4000ft, so cooking time may be longer for sea level dwellers.

This actually accounts for just under 2 cups of vegetables per person, so you can serve it with broccoli or a red pepper reduction (boil them down with some balsamic vinegar and a little stevia) if you're using only the packets during the rest of the day.

My nieces absolutely love these. Easy family dinner food, too, just add spaghetti and a sauce for those who aren't on IP.

Note: Of the 7 meatballs each, I can't manage more than 4 and 6'3 hubby eats 5, so you have the leftovers for lunch the next day with a non-tomato salad for P1.
  • Quote: OK...took a pic of this yesterday b/c I thought it turned out PURTY! This is my version of an Asian Salad/Stir Fry and soooooo easy:

1C cauliflower "rice" (I grated mine using a cheese grater...probably would consider 1/2 c instead as a little goes a long way)
    - spray small sauce pan with olive oil and combine grated cauliflower, 1 tsp low salt soy sauce, generous shaking of garlic powder, and a pinch of ginger
    - I added just a touch of water to make sure the cauliflower didn't burn and cooked it quickly over high heat to brown it but keep it slightly crunchy

In seperate sprayed pan, I sauteed shredded chicken and 1 cup more veggies of choice (add another 1/2 cup if doing less rice) with MORE low salt soy sauce, galic, black pepper, and ginger.

Spoon rice over lettuce bowl, chicken and veggies on top and then top with some WF Sesame Ginger dressing....DELISH!

Next time, I think I will definitely add mushroom and green onions (didn't have any) to the stir fry. I am also playing around with adding egg to my cauliflower rice the way fried rice is served at Chinese Restaurants.

Having fun with your food everyone!!!!

Looks delicious. I'll try this tonight!