AFC Championship Game menu!

• Being a diehard Pats fan there is no way I could watch today's game without football food!

Menu:
    Shrimp cocktail with homemade cocktail sauce
    Chicken bites marinated in soy sauce, ginger and Chinese 5 spice
    Cucumber salad
    Veggies

• GO PATS!!!!!
    oOH! please post your homemade cocktail sauce recipe!!!

AND where did you find the chinese 5 spice?!!! YUMMY menu!!!
  • Here you go! Today I cut it in half.

Cocktail Sauce
    1 cup natural ketchup (I used Heinz reduced sugar)
    2 to 3 tablespoons horseradish (to taste)
    ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
    pinch salt

Shrimp
    1 cup apple cider vinegar (or beer)
    8 cups water
    ⅓ cup Old Bay seasoning + 1.5 tablespoons for tossing
    3 to 4 cloves garlic
    4 to 6 whole peppercorns
    2 pounds medium to large shrimp
  • Quote: GO PATS!!!!!

AND where did you find the chinese 5 spice?!!! YUMMY menu!!!
    Chinese Five Spice at stop n shop
  • Buffalo Chicken

1 pound chicken tenders or cubed chicken breast
    1 packet IP Potato Puree
    Franks hot sauce

Mix IP Potato puree with 2-3 T. water (or to desired consistancy, think pancake batter)
    Add 1 T. Franks hotsauce (or more or less to taste) to potato puree (this will also thin out the puree consistancy). Coat chicken in puree mixture. In a saute pan, heat 2 T. olive oil over medium heat. Transfer chicken into saute pan and cook chicken until cooked, 4-5 minutes per side.

Serve with celery and Walden Farms Blue Cheese dressing.

If you like, you can add a bit of spicy mustard and chopped hard boiled egg to the Walden Farms Blue Cheese dressing. The egg gives the dressing the consistancy of real blue cheese dressing.
  • It's going to be a good game today-- all Ravens all day - I plan to make me some kale chips and cauliflower popcorn =)
  • Quote: It's going to be a good game today-- all Ravens all day - I plan to make me some kale chips and cauliflower popcorn =)
    Who??? Go Pats!
  • Quote: Go Pats!
  • Quote: Buffalo Chicken

1 pound chicken tenders or cubed chicken breast
    1 packet IP Potato Puree
    Franks hot sauce

Mix IP Potato puree with 2-3 T. water (or to desired consistancy, think pancake batter)
    Add 1 T. Franks hotsauce (or more or less to taste) to potato puree (this will also thin out the puree consistancy). Coat chicken in puree mixture. In a saute pan, heat 2 T. olive oil over medium heat. Transfer chicken into saute pan and cook chicken until cooked, 4-5 minutes per side.

Serve with celery and Walden Farms Blue Cheese dressing.

If you like, you can add a bit of spicy mustard and chopped hard boiled egg to the Walden Farms Blue Cheese dressing. The egg gives the dressing the consistancy of real blue cheese dressing.
    YUM!!! That'll be on my menu this week!!! Thx!!

PS: Hey Lisa! I blended the RTD Choc with spinach for breakfast (and actually had it for LUNCH today too, lol)!! It was delish! I never expected it to be so creamy awesome! I used my Magic Bullet! This may be MY breakfast every morning too! I don't drink coffee, but it's awesome without!! . Thx for that!!!
  • Quote: YUM!!! That'll be on my menu this week!!! Thx!!

PS: Hey Lisa! I blended the RTD Choc with spinach for breakfast (and actually had it for LUNCH today too, lol)!! It was delish! I never expected it to be so creamy awesome! I used my Magic Bullet! This may be MY breakfast every morning too! I don't drink coffee, but it's awesome without!! . Thx for that!!!
    Thank LizRR. She is the instigator (ahem) I mean originator
    Now that she's in maintenance, I'm just carrying-on tradition!
    I'm gonna have to switch to RTD or something else after an inadvertent discovery that I'll no longer be using my go-to Dark Chocolate Pudding. It has soy protein and I'm cutting that out due to thyroid problems
  • Quote: Thank LizRR. She is the instigator (ahem) I mean originator
    Now that she's in maintenance, I'm just carrying-on tradition!
    I'm gonna have to switch to RTD or something else after an inadvertent discovery that I'll no longer be using my go-to Dark Chocolate Pudding. It has soy protein and I'm cutting that out due to thyroid problems

Ok....THANKS LIZRR!!!!

Lisa, sorry to hear about the soy issue.

I started purchasing RTD's thru New Lifestyle Diet back in 2011 (when someone else on this forum did the research and found it was the same manufacturer that makes it for IP). I purchase in bulk (spend over $200.00) to get free shipping. Also, they have deals every month for $20.00 off your order. I save over a dollar at least per container!

Just thought you'd want to know.

Oh.....OP......GO PATS!!!!!!!
  • Love the buffalo chicken recipe I'm going to have to try that.
    Go Pats!!!