Old 01-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #1  
IP Start date 12/18/12

S/C/G: 228.4/171/165

Height: 5 ft 10 inches

Default Is there an inches trick?

My first two weeks I lost inches but the last two I have not. I'm not complaining, I've been losing weight, but I know that its also about the inches. Do they just come? Or is there a trick some of you are doing to encourage the shrinkage?
BeccaGrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/163/130

Height: 5'2"

No tricks. Just work the program! I only measure inches every two weeks at my clinic!
Wild wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #3  

There is no hack for this program. Just follow the sheet. It works! Some weeks there are whooshes, some weeks are slower. It all adds up
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #4  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Well I suppose you could wear thick clothes the first week and stick your gut out. Then measure nekked and suck it in. That's a trick. That will work.. till week 3... now what to do...?

I don't stress over the inches as much because I know sometimes my coach pulls the tape tighter or wasn't in the exact spot.... Your clothes will tell you that those inches are comin off -- or as Scorbett discovered (I think) when you put your hands on your hips, and it actually IS a hip, or you sit on the "commode" and feel your butt bones... LOL

Last edited by IP43; 01-19-2013 at 11:44 AM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #5  

Also remember we're only measured in 5 places. We have a WHOLE BODY on which to lose inches. It is just a way to keep track. I could lose in my tummy but not in the spot that is measured. Same with hips/butt...or ANYWHERE for that matter.
Definitely agree with going with clothes.
A lot of questions could be answered very well in the daily thread without starting a new thread for each.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-19-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:00 PM   #6  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Also remember we're only measured in 5 places. We have a WHOLE BODY on which to lose inches. It is just a way to keep track. I could lose in my tummy but not in the spot that is measured. Same with hips/butt...or ANYWHERE for that matter.
Definitely agree with going with clothes.
A lot of questions could be answered very well in the daily thread without starting a new thread for each.
Ah Lisa, you're going to have your own Mantra. For Wuv it's "Follow the sheet. It works." or "Get your big girl panties on...". For you I now hear "Read the Stickies.... Post in the daily"

Thanks btw for starting that daily thread and tryin' to keep us organized!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #7  

I kept losing lbs but not inches for the longest time and then I told her no more measuring. Inches come off when they want to. I see a lot coming off in my legs but they are never measured
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #8  
Diane on track July 2014

Someone said here, which seemed to be true for me, the place it goes on first, is the place fat comes off last -- and that's usually where we WANT to see change. My legs and butt get thin faster. My feet, my fingers, my face.... all seem to show change. But that darn GUT still seems the same to me. I have faith it will go too, but it's what I SEE when I look down. So that is one advantage of measuring as you may notice changes in places you didn't think of and it does give some feeling of satisfaction
Old 01-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #9  
Restart IP 9/26/13

S/C/G: 208/185/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Great point Lisa!

My coach didn't measure me on the very first day. I took my own measurements and decided I would only take measurements once a month. A friend of mine who went to the same coach said she never needed to take measurements because she could always tell in her clothes. I still would like a reference for myself though! lol
Katkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I always did and still do toning workouts besides dieting and think that helps me loosing inches more efficiently than diet alone could. I was first loosing the most around my abdomen and chest. Now the losses have moved to my feet (I could not wear my shoe size for the past 5 years and now can) and my hips. Still have the winged arms and a bit of potbelly to go. These areas seem resistant. But I seem to now also loose on my legs. Sometimes the losses are very obvious, sometimes the inches come off without you noticing much until one day you fit into a smaller size in clothes or shoes. It is not linear and moves from one body part to another. It is definitely not uniform. At least on my body. So, if you only measure three or four areas, you might not get the whole picture. Take pictures. That will tell you over time. Particularly when you go to the old you just before the losses. A stark reminder and good motivator.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Well I suppose you could wear thick clothes the first week and stick your gut out. Then measure nekked and suck it in. That's a trick.
I like it! I always get a kick out of these "fly by night" weight loss products you see in the back of magazines where the before picture has someone sticking their belly out as much as possible looking like they are going to pop, plus they are lily-white and frowning, mess of their hair, looking so sad, but not terribly overweight...then the "after" shows essentially the same person, gut sucked in, big smile so happy happy and a wonderful tan to go with their great new hair styling...but looking the same weight. I've often thought, wow, I could really use a few of these pills that give you a great tan and instant hair styling!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-19-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #12  
Diane on track July 2014

LOL -- I know what you mean. I couldn't decide if I should "smile" in my 'before" pics for IP, or have that totally miserable look on my face so I could be all "smiley" afterward. I'll have to ask my coach if she provides a tan and haircut too
Old 01-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I like it! I always get a kick out of these "fly by night" weight loss products you see in the back of magazines where the before picture has someone sticking their belly out as much as possible looking like they are going to pop, plus they are lily-white and frowning, mess of their hair, looking so sad, but not terribly overweight...then the "after" shows essentially the same person, gut sucked in, big smile so happy happy and a wonderful tan to go with their great new hair styling...but looking the same weight. I've often thought, wow, I could really use a few of these pills that give you a great tan and instant hair styling!
That's it! My next avatar pic is coming after my next hair cut/style & spray tan!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #14  

NOLA and while we are getting our spray tans they can also spray on six pack abs for us!!! I turn orange with spray tans.....gotta love my Irish heritage!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Ladies, now that we all know the "trick" I expect to see lots of avatar updates with great tans and stylish hair...then we can all ooh and ahh to eachover this new "weight loss!" But seriously, now I understand...we can't really fault people after we've lost 20-50lbs and they say "Wow, your hair looks great! Did you do something new?" Poor things have been conditioned by these miracle pill ads to think that weight loss looks EXACTLY like a new hairdo...and tan!
Nolawhodatchick is offline   Reply With Quote