3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Question about EAS Advant Edge Carb Control VS. IP Shake (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273733-question-about-eas-advant-edge-carb-control-vs-ip-shake.html)

kaylae24 01-18-2013 08:37 PM

Question about EAS Advant Edge Carb Control VS. IP Shake

Hi! I am in my first week of IP and am having great results! (Already lost 9 lbs in 6 day!) I am thinking about switching over to the EAS Carb Control shakes because I am getting bored with the IP flavors already! I only like the chocolate one and am growing tired of it! The only difference I see between the two of them is IP has 9 carbs and EAS 3 and IP has 1.5 fats, EAS has 3 and EAS has 17 g of protein instead of 18 g will it really effect me that much if I make the switch? Also does anyone know if snack is mandatory. Because I am not always hungry so don't always feel like eating it? Any help with this is much appreciated! I buy online so I don't have a "coach" to ask and I am constantly researching to learn as much as I can.

Lizzy63 01-18-2013 08:51 PM

Great job!

I know many people use the EAS shakes, but I do not care for them. I would buy a small quantity at first to make sure you do.

You do need to have all 3 protein products each day. This is not a balanced diet to start with and you need the protein and other nutrients. You can have them at any time, so maybe changing the timing will help?

kaylae24 01-18-2013 08:54 PM

Ok great! Thank you so much! At least I had all 3 today, I made myself eat it, yesterday was the only day I missed! IP rocks! :)

Calisto 01-18-2013 09:44 PM

I know they say you have to eat the 3 packets but I can't a lot of times, I eat my snack every other day most the time. I have told my coach this and she says just do what I can to get it in.

ALM2000 01-19-2013 02:57 AM

There was a thread about EAS Carb Control AdvantagEDGE RTD and Muscle Milk Light (100 Calorie Version). The numbers line up with the IP Choco Shake but the IP RTD shake only has 1 net gram of carbs. For some reason, this did a number on my tummy so I'm going to start w EAS on Sunday.

They are on sale @ Walmart right now for $5 for a 4 pack. Sure beats IP @ $4 each. I hope I like them.

Good luck!

lisa32989 01-19-2013 07:04 AM

I needed to cut out soy protein due to thyroid issues that have developed since IP.
EAS has soy so I'm no longer using. I'm back to IP RTD when I need an RTD. but mostly I use powders. Just thought I'd note the ingredients are NOT the same.

kaylae24 01-19-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALM2000 (Post 4597005)
There was a thread about EAS Carb Control AdvantagEDGE RTD and Muscle Milk Light (100 Calorie Version). The numbers line up with the IP Choco Shake but the IP RTD shake only has 1 net gram of carbs. For some reason, this did a number on my tummy so I'm going to start w EAS on Sunday.

They are on sale @ Walmart right now for $5 for a 4 pack. Sure beats IP @ $4 each. I hope I like them.

Good luck!

Thank you for letting me know I will have to check that thread out!

kaylae24 01-19-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4597052)
I needed to cut out soy protein due to thyroid issues that have developed since IP.
EAS has soy so I'm no longer using. I'm back to IP RTD when I need an RTD. but mostly I use powders. Just thought I'd note the ingredients are NOT the same.

Thank you I was wondering about the ingrediants!

evepet 01-19-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylae24 (Post 4596759)
Hi! I am in my first week of IP and am having great results! (Already lost 9 lbs in 6 day!) I am thinking about switching over to the EAS Carb Control shakes because I am getting bored with the IP flavors already! I only like the chocolate one and am growing tired of it! The only difference I see between the two of them is IP has 9 carbs and EAS 3 and IP has 1.5 fats, EAS has 3 and EAS has 17 g of protein instead of 18 g will it really effect me that much if I make the switch? Also does anyone know if snack is mandatory. Because I am not always hungry so don't always feel like eating it? Any help with this is much appreciated! I buy online so I don't have a "coach" to ask and I am constantly researching to learn as much as I can.

Hi Kaylae24. You're off to a great start! Congrats!

I also used alternative products for most of my journey. I'm in my 60s and had probably totally $crewed up my metabolism by now with so many yo-yo dieting efforts over the past 30 years, so my weight loss was slower than most.... but here I am -50lbs. Proof that you can certainly succeed on this program while using alternatives. And many, many others here have done the same.

I went through the same process as you, trying to figure out what would be suitable alternatives. You may find my blog useful, as it's designed for those who are in this exact situation. The link is in my signature line below.

And I did use EAS RTDs from time to time. A lot of the dieters following the IP protocol but using alternative products do. Pure Protein RTDs are also good substitutes.

Nolawhodatchick 01-19-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALM2000 (Post 4597005)

Good luck!

There is also a coupon on coupons.com for $1.25 off a four pack of EAS shakes. Makes for a sweet deal at Walmart. You can print the coupon twice per computer in your house.

ragdoll74 01-19-2013 10:42 AM

Kaylae- Have you checked out the proti-thin products on nashuanutrition.com? They are about 1/3-1/2 the price of IP products and there is a good variety. Not everything is suitable for IP, but the shakes and puddings are. My favorites are the hot chocolate, mocha squares, cinnamon crispy treats and chocolate soy snacks.

Also on the same site, the weight loss system cheesecake is awesome! Check out rainbow's recipe thread on 3fc to see some ideas on recipes using the alternatives and the actual IP products. If you are getting bored of the same packets, you will be able to make them into something new.

kaylae24 01-19-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4597236)
Hi Kaylae24. You're off to a great start! Congrats!

I also used alternative products for most of my journey. I'm in my 60s, menopausal, and had probably totally $crewed up my metabolism by now with so many yo-yo dieting efforts over the past 30 years, so my weight loss was slower than most.... but here I am -50lbs. Proof that you can certainly succeed on this program while using alternatives. And many, many others here have done the same.

I went through the same process as you, trying to figure out what would be suitable alternatives. You may find my blog useful, as it's designed for those who are in this exact situation. The link is in my signature line below.

And I did use EAS RTDs from time to time. A lot of the dieters following the IP protocol but using alternative products do. Pure Protein RTDs are also good substitutes.

Awesome! Thank you so much! I am going to check out your blog right now! :)

kaylae24 01-19-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragdoll74 (Post 4597252)
Kaylae- Have you checked out the proti-thin products on nashuanutrition.com? They are about 1/3-1/2 the price of IP products and there is a good variety. Not everything is suitable for IP, but the shakes and puddings are. My favorites are the hot chocolate, mocha squares, cinnamon crispy treats and chocolate soy snacks.

Also on the same site, the weight loss system cheesecake is awesome! Check out rainbow's recipe thread on 3fc to see some ideas on recipes using the alternatives and the actual IP products. If you are getting bored of the same packets, you will be able to make them into something new.

Nolawhodatchick thank you so much for the coupon code!

I have been checking nashuanutrition and I think my next order will be from there I am just worried about losing slower!

Nolawhodatchick 01-19-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylae24 (Post 4597327)
Nolawhodatchick thank you so much for the coupon code!

I have been checking nashuanutrition and I think my next order will be from there I am just worried about losing slower!

You're welcome! Though it's not a code, it's an actual $1.25 off coupon for EAS shakes with a bar code that they scan at the cash register. I have used them at Walmart, and it made the price of shakes under $1 each! You can find the coupon fairly easily at coupons.com and print it once, then the second time you print it, you have to scroll all the way to the end of their coupons to find it a second time. After that, it says "print limit reached" but you can print 2 for every computer in your house. In my case, every penny helps! :)

JohnP 01-19-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylae24 (Post 4597327)

Do yourself a tremendous favor and educate yourself about how fat loss works and how fat loss differs from weight loss. Here is a primer ...

Fat loss is an equation of energy. When you don't consume enough energy your body makes up the difference by utilizing stored energy. Energy is measured in calories. Thus, fat stores are reduced (you lose fat) when you consume fewer calories than you utilize in a day.

Weight loss/gain is how much weight you have total. Although weight has many components the big one you cannot control is water. People (and especially women) can retain water for a large number of reasons.

Fat loss is not the same thing as weight loss.

The scale only measures your weight. You cannot determine how much fat you have lost with any reasonable degree of accuacy without some expensive testing methods.

I'm telling you this because your weight loss will slow down.

Most will lose more in the first week than any other week. First, you're eating less and therefore have less digesting food and less waste. Second, you're eating very few carbs and therefore your glycogen stores have been massively reduced. For bigger people like us, these two can be substantial.

Your weight loss = fat loss + water loss + other LBM.

You've lost fat obviously. How much fat have you lost? Who knows. If I had to guess I would say around 4 lbs of your loss in week 1 is fat but that's merely a guess. I come to this conclusion because I would estimate your energy needs to be around 2800-3000 calories a day. IP has you ingesting around 700-900 calories. So you have a weekly energy shortfall of around 14,000-15,000 calories. A lb of fat has about 3500 calories. 4 lbs of fat = about 14,000 calories. You can google BMR caculator to estimate energy needs.

Knowledge is power.