3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Thursday 01/17/2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
rissimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 470

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 01/17/2013



Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
__________________



Restart Date 09/14/14

Last edited by rissimo : 01-17-2013 at 06:44 AM.
rissimo is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Member
 
Trina M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 44

Default

Well I am very excited for today. It is my second weigh in and my first measurement! It will be a busy day for me because I am taking my best friend to a funeral today. My friend Lives with my husband and I because he has Parkinson's and has deteriorated over the last couple of years. The funeral today is at 1 and is for a lady we met while on various Parkinson's committees. Also I have a hair appointment at 5:15 so my meal planning is tight to say the least. I weighed myself this morning and I am down but because I was weighed in the afternoon last time I believe that my results from my morning weigh in will differ a bit but I am hopefully for 3pounds. I will post my results later tonight once I am back from my hair appointment. Hope e erroneous has an awesome Thursday!
Trina M is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Good morning!!

Today is an exciting day for us - we are finally heading to the dealership to look at getting a replacement vehicle after our car broke down right before Thanksgiving. We have been so blessed that my brother & sister in law were willing to lend us their 2nd vehicle all this time. I'm not looking forward to getting into another car payment (we had just paid off our old car last February), but I'll be glad to have our own car again. Hopefully we find something good that is in our price range!
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
auroragrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SD
Posts: 278

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Default

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone has a great Thursday!
__________________


Began IP on 5/2/12

RESTART ON 4/22/14
auroragrl is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Chloe222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,326

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Scorbett,

Now is a good time to go look for a car but the closer you wait to commit to the end of the month, the better the price you'll get. Car salesmen have monthly quotas and the closer to the end of the month, the better the price to entice you to close the deal.

Know that consumer reports has a program where you pay maybe $12 or $20 and receive a report which shows the true cost per feature on the vehicle, this could be a helpful bargaining tool. Also, Costco has a car buying service, so between the two, you can be pretty sure you are getting the car at a fair price. I'm sure there are other resources to help consumers get better info on car pricing, just wanted to mention these two. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Had my WI today, down 1.4 pounds. Very happy with that. If I wasn't on IP, I certainly would be down 5+ pounds in 3 weeks, probably would be up 1 or 2...
__________________


Chloe222 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
Started IP on 1/3/13
 
Ali Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Belmont, MA
Posts: 32

S/C/G: 194/171/135

Height: 5'2"

Default

Today is my 2nd WI too. Good luck to you. I will post tonight as well.

I just had the Chocolate Drink for breakfast...SO YUMMY!!!

This is one of those that I SOOOOO don't want to be at work.

Ali
Ali Williams is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,748

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Trina & Ali- good luck at your WI's.

Chloe- nice WI!

Scorbett- have fun car shopping!
__________________
started maintenance 6/14/13
ragdoll74 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
IP start date 12/12/12
 
mrskuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 185.8/182.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina M View Post
Well I am very excited for today. It is my second weigh in and my first measurement! It will be a busy day for me because I am taking my best friend to a funeral today. My friend Lives with my husband and I because he has Parkinson's and has deteriorated over the last couple of years. The funeral today is at 1 and is for a lady we met while on various Parkinson's committees. Also I have a hair appointment at 5:15 so my meal planning is tight to say the least. I weighed myself this morning and I am down but because I was weighed in the afternoon last time I believe that my results from my morning weigh in will differ a bit but I am hopefully for 3pounds. I will post my results later tonight once I am back from my hair appointment. Hope e erroneous has an awesome Thursday!
Wow, how amazing of you to take in your friend in his time of need! Good luck at your WI!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Good morning!!

Today is an exciting day for us - we are finally heading to the dealership to look at getting a replacement vehicle after our car broke down right before Thanksgiving. We have been so blessed that my brother & sister in law were willing to lend us their 2nd vehicle all this time. I'm not looking forward to getting into another car payment (we had just paid off our old car last February), but I'll be glad to have our own car again. Hopefully we find something good that is in our price range!
Have fun car shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Scorbett,

Now is a good time to go look for a car but the closer you wait to commit to the end of the month, the better the price you'll get. Car salesmen have monthly quotas and the closer to the end of the month, the better the price to entice you to close the deal.

Know that consumer reports has a program where you pay maybe $12 or $20 and receive a report which shows the true cost per feature on the vehicle, this could be a helpful bargaining tool. Also, Costco has a car buying service, so between the two, you can be pretty sure you are getting the car at a fair price. I'm sure there are other resources to help consumers get better info on car pricing, just wanted to mention these two. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Had my WI today, down 1.4 pounds. Very happy with that. If I wasn't on IP, I certainly would be down 5+ pounds in 3 weeks, probably would be up 1 or 2...
Wow, that is great info on car pricing!

I am also down 1.4 this week! Yay! I am so glad to be down in spite of cheating on Sat night and running out of my "space packs" on Sunday and Monday!
__________________

WEEK 1: 3LBS
mrskuby is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
A1Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 474

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Good Morning everyone. Just had my week 6 WI and I'm down another 4lbs. I'm celebrating by heading off to Vegas for a long weekend. IP products all packed up and since I don't drink, I don't have to worry about that. I guess I'm the designated walker.

I also changed my target weight. I lowered it by 10lbs. I thought I'd better aim a little lower to compensate for the little extra gain at the end.

Stay Strong out there..!!!
__________________


"Skinny Taste Better"
Started P3 7/19/13
Maintenance as of 8/1/13
Start CrossFit 8/5/13


Posted a comparison photo on my profile.
A1Texan is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #10
IP start: 21 October 2012
 
pocahontas812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ashland, MA
Posts: 154

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default

To follow-up on yesterday's discussion about lime juice.....

I saw my coach last night for my final visit (officially broke-up with him and going the alternative route). I asked him about lime and told him why I thought it should be ok (same nutritional content as lemon juice except lime has less sugars). He said no to lime juice.....and no to lemon juice! According to him the "lemon" on the phase 1 sheet under acceptable seasonings refers only to lemon zest or lemon powder (whatever that is). No fruit juice allowed, including lemon and lime juice. I told him I thought the phase 1 sheet was very ambiguous about lemon, and he of course agreed. He also said he has clarified the lemon ambiguity with some of his clients.....but not all.

Oh well, I have used lemon and lime juice occasionally since starting IP and have had good weekly losses. I will probably be a rebel and continue to use them every now and then.
__________________
pocahontas812 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #11
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Scorbett,

Now is a good time to go look for a car but the closer you wait to commit to the end of the month, the better the price you'll get. Car salesmen have monthly quotas and the closer to the end of the month, the better the price to entice you to close the deal.

Know that consumer reports has a program where you pay maybe $12 or $20 and receive a report which shows the true cost per feature on the vehicle, this could be a helpful bargaining tool. Also, Costco has a car buying service, so between the two, you can be pretty sure you are getting the car at a fair price. I'm sure there are other resources to help consumers get better info on car pricing, just wanted to mention these two. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Had my WI today, down 1.4 pounds. Very happy with that. If I wasn't on IP, I certainly would be down 5+ pounds in 3 weeks, probably would be up 1 or 2...
Thanks for the info - I wish we were in a position to wait till the end of the month, but a few things have come up that my BIL needs their car back sooner than later and trying to coordinate hubby's spring semester schedule and his new schedule is darn near impossible, so we need to get into a car. Fortunately the dealership we are going to is owned by close friends of my in laws, so I am not terribly worried about getting a fair price, it's just a matter of whether I find something I like

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
To follow-up on yesterday's discussion about lime juice.....

I saw my coach last night for my final visit (officially broke-up with him and going the alternative route). I asked him about lime and told him why I thought it should be ok (same nutritional content as lemon juice except lime has less sugars). He said no to lime juice.....and no to lemon juice! According to him the "lemon" on the phase 1 sheet under acceptable seasonings refers only to lemon zest or lemon powder (whatever that is). No fruit juice allowed, including lemon and lime juice. I told him I thought the phase 1 sheet was very ambiguous about lemon, and he of course agreed. He also said he has clarified the lemon ambiguity with some of his clients.....but not all.

Oh well, I have used lemon and lime juice occasionally since starting IP and have had good weekly losses. I will probably be a rebel and continue to use them every now and then.
I believe on the P1 sheet Lemon is listed under condiments - and if you use it in small quantities as a "seasoning" (just like garlic, which is VERY high in carbs and calories if taken in large quantities but OK in small amounts) you're fine. I believe there are several recipes in the "official" IP cookbook that include lemon AND lime juice, so I wouldn't sweat it.
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
Restart: 1/5/15
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SF, CA
Posts: 307

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Default

'Morning everyone! I just wanted to share a small victory...I am normal! I stepped on my scale this morning and saw 168.8...it's not my usual weigh in day and this is a big drop for me, so I wouldn't be surprised if I hover back up a bit (I'm a daily weigher, so I appreciate multi-pound fluctuations happen all the time), but just seeing that number was such a huge victory for me.

Thanks to everyone here for your chatter and support. Even though I'm a lurker for the most part, I really do appreciate it and it definitely motivates me. That and the fact that I need to fit into a wedding dress that I ordered two sizes too small ...Thanks again!
__________________


SW: 209.2
WI#1: -5.8 (203.4)
WI #2: -2.8 (200.6)
WI #3: -0.8 (201.4)
WI #4: 2.2 (199.2)

Mini-Goal #1: BMI 29.8 (202lbs by 1/19/15-MET! ) Mini-Goal #2: BMI 24.8 (168 lbs by 5/30/15)
benice is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
mquinn106's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vermont
Posts: 174

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Default

Hi all! Very strange dream last night that has made me wonder if anyone on here has had an issue with sleepwalking?

I have had a few sleepwalking experiences and only know of them from what multiple family members have said. I had a dream last night that I was home alone and "sleptwalked" into the kitchen and started binging! Talk about a nightmare! And in my dream no one was home to assist me with getting back to bed or whatever the case may be. It gave me a chuckle when I woke up and then I started thinking about it and wondered if that could be possible...

Just curious
__________________


"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

"I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. So I changed"
mquinn106 is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #14
IP start date 12/12/12
 
mrskuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 344

S/C/G: 185.8/182.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
'Morning everyone! I just wanted to share a small victory...I am normal! I stepped on my scale this morning and saw 168.8...it's not my usual weigh in day and this is a big drop for me, so I wouldn't be surprised if I hover back up a bit (I'm a daily weigher, so I appreciate multi-pound fluctuations happen all the time), but just seeing that number was such a huge victory for me.

Thanks to everyone here for your chatter and support. Even though I'm a lurker for the most part, I really do appreciate it and it definitely motivates me. That and the fact that I need to fit into a wedding dress that I ordered two sizes too small ...Thanks again!
Isn't it great to get below 170? Today was my WI and I am just barely below...but below nonetheless! My mini goal is 165 which I haven't seen in...I don't even know how long!!! I can't wait to see it!! (PS I am a daily weigher too! )
__________________

WEEK 1: 3LBS
mrskuby is offline  
Old 01-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,647

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Good Morning everyone. Just had my week 6 WI and I'm down another 4lbs. I'm celebrating by heading off to Vegas for a long weekend. IP products all packed up and since I don't drink, I don't have to worry about that. I guess I'm the designated walker.

I also changed my target weight. I lowered it by 10lbs. I thought I'd better aim a little lower to compensate for the little extra gain at the end.

Stay Strong out there..!!!
Way to go Chef!
__________________
IdealProteinNewbie is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2