iP Daily Chat Wednesday, January 16,2013

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Good morning everyone. It's icy here! Yesterday there was snowfall and a 1000km traffic jam! Day one, week one today. I'm ready. So far I've had a spinach/coffee/choc pudding smoothie. Has anyone made warm drinks/warm meals with the puddings? Have a good day.
    I just had a look at your pics Lisa 32, very inspiring. Thank you
  • W.I. 199.8! Feel free to sing along with me and John Mayer people....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0ZbevW2do
  • Quote: W.I. 199.8! Feel free to sing along with me and John Mayer people....
    WOW, FANTASTIC!!!! CALLING OUT THE WHOLE CREW TO CELEBRATE THIS "ONE"!!!! WAY TO GO! So proud of you, such an inspiration to the rest of us!!!
  • Good morning everyone! Have a great IP day and try to keep 100% OP. It's the only way to be !

I don't think you'll be believing whoever called the whoosh fairy a "tart"
    Send that sweet little gal my way Monday morning. I'd be ecstatic with 199.9
    Admittedly, that's quite a whoosh. I'll. keep taking LOSSES!
    WOOT!!!! Nice work!!

I'm hoping for a better day today than yesterday. I managed to stay 100% OP yesterday but was really in a funk and nothing seemed to taste good. Today's WI at least set the stage for a better day, with a 2 pound loss over last week. One day at a time ...

Have a great day, everyone!
  • Good morning. My name is Trina and I started IP 2 weeks ago. I usually hate a restricted diet but not this one! I have not had any cravings to cheat yet and I cook for my family, however I only make one meal and don't eat the carbs that they do. It is helpful reading your posts and seeing all your successes so far. My first WI I lost 14 and I was committed. I go for my 2nd WI tomorrow and hope to have lost at least 1 but I am most excited about seeing how many inches I have lost. I will check in tomorrow evening to give a status. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Quote: Good morning everyone. It's icy here! Yesterday there was snowfall and a 1000km traffic jam! Day one, week one today. I'm ready. So far I've had a spinach/coffee/choc pudding smoothie. Has anyone made warm drinks/warm meals with the puddings? Have a good day.
    Welcome and good luck!! Not that you really need luck with this program...just do it and the weight literally falls off! It's awesome!

Quote: W.I. 199.8! Feel free to sing along with me and John Mayer people....
    WHOOHOO!!! Onderland!!!! Congrats!!! Great job!!!

Quote: WOOT!!!! Nice work!!

I'm hoping for a better day today than yesterday. I managed to stay 100% OP yesterday but was really in a funk and nothing seemed to taste good. Today's WI at least set the stage for a better day, with a 2 pound loss over last week. One day at a time ...

Have a great day, everyone!
    Here's hoping for a better day for you! Although how could it not be better with a 2 lbs loss?!! Yay for you!!

Quote: Good morning. My name is Trina and I started IP 2 weeks ago. I usually hate a restricted diet but not this one! I have not had any cravings to cheat yet and I cook for my family, however I only make one meal and don't eat the carbs that they do. It is helpful reading your posts and seeing all your successes so far. My first WI I lost 14 and I was committed. I go for my 2nd WI tomorrow and hope to have lost at least 1 but I am most excited about seeing how many inches I have lost. I will check in tomorrow evening to give a status. Hope everyone has a great day!
    Did you say you lost 14 lbs in the first week? Wowser!!! That is amazing!! Makes it easy to stick to when it works so well, don't you think?

I made so many trips to the potty yesterday that our office manager was laughing every time she saw me! But apparently I was peeing out the bad stuff I ate and drank on Sat night cause not only did I lose the extra I had gained from that but I also seem to be down a LB from last week WI. My "official" WI is tomorrow so we'll see!!! Yes, I am a daily weigher...I know it's bad but i can't help myself! Especially when I see a drop of a couple of LBs in a couple of days! It makes me that much more focused!
    (I just love this carrot guy!!!)
  • Soooo inspired by all of your stories...today is a snow day for my kids..this poses a challenge for me because our snow day traditions are filled with making cookies..hot chocolate..mac and cheese etc etc...BUT tonight is my first WI so im not going to screw it up..the kids are on their own in the kitchen( yikes.. What a mess).
  • IP43 - YEEHAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!You Rock!

Jeffiner - Sounds like the perfect time to start a NEW tradition! Make some playdough with the kids or let them finger paint or draw!

Bubbleblower - Hope yesterday's funk is history! Today will be much better!
    AWESOME!!!! Congratulations!

Quote: Good morning. My name is Trina and I started IP 2 weeks ago. I usually hate a restricted diet but not this one! I have not had any cravings to cheat yet and I cook for my family, however I only make one meal and don't eat the carbs that they do. It is helpful reading your posts and seeing all your successes so far. My first WI I lost 14 and I was committed. I go for my 2nd WI tomorrow and hope to have lost at least 1 but I am most excited about seeing how many inches I have lost. I will check in tomorrow evening to give a status. Hope everyone has a great day!
    Welcome! Stick to it and you will not regret it one bit!

Quote: Good morning everyone. It's icy here! Yesterday there was snowfall and a 1000km traffic jam! Day one, week one today. I'm ready. So far I've had a spinach/coffee/choc pudding smoothie. Has anyone made warm drinks/warm meals with the puddings? Have a good day.
    Great way to start off the program- those smoothies are my go to for breakfast. I have heated the chocolate pudding up like hot chocolate by adding more water, but I much prefer the choc. drink packet to do that. I find the choc. pudding just tastes a little chalky to me like that.

Actually on here with time to post today- home with a sick little boy so we are veggin out and watching a movie. My daughter must be getting sick to because she is sleeping in well over an hour past her normal wake up. Have my week 20 weigh-in tomorrow morning hoping to hit 70 lbs lost!Have to admit though lately I have hit a bit of a mental wall, but have stayed 100% need to refocus somehow and get myself ready to push to the end. Hope everyone has a great day!
    Great Job! You are amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • So perhaps TMI but I have had a lot of stomach difficulty on IP. I am now on track--started taking two Culturelle a day (a probiotic) along with my Novalax. Hurray!
  • Good morning IP'ers. I have contracted the crud that most had at Christmas and New Years. I laid on the couch next to the burning woodstove all yesterday and slept most of a beautiful day away.
    I mostly lurk here and only check in once in awhile. I have trouble keeping up and honestly I don't read alot of the new threads, they are very repetitive.
    *I just want to say to all the newbies out there, you will get much more support and information if you read the stickies and the opening message of the daily thread and posting to the daily thread.*
    The best advice I can give is stick to the plan, plain and simple. IT WORKS! Plateaus (stalls) happen to everyone, trust the plan. IT WORKS!
    There is great support on this forum and vast experience, several people who have been on the plan for longer periods of time and have lost in excess of 100 lbs.
    These people have busy lives as well and don't have time to surf all the new threads to help all the newbies, make it easier for the veterans to help you by posting on the daily thread.
    Sorry for my rant, I am blaming the medication!