3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Mio (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273512-mio.html)

bay316 01-15-2013 08:22 PM

Mio

Hi everyone, I just have a question about the Mio flavouring for water. Does anyone use it? What do your coaches think of it, and does anyone experience bloating with it? Thanks

ragdoll74 01-15-2013 08:23 PM

I've used it before. Never had an issue with it, but different people react differently.

goldilocksinct 01-15-2013 08:30 PM

My coach sells it. I have been using it for the two and a half weeks I have been on this, and have had no issues. I balance using it with drinking my water plain.

bay316 01-15-2013 08:41 PM

I am trying to use it to get remainder of my water in during the day. Right now plain water is tasting terrible, but I know as I go along it gets better. Just not sure about the bloating feeling I get after drinking it.

goldilocksinct 01-15-2013 08:49 PM

Bloated after the Mio? Sometimes I feel a bit bloated when I try to drink too much water at a sitting. It's a good thing my side of the bed isn't far from the bathroom since I am up every hour or two every night.

There is also some Crystal Light-type stuff that uses splenda instead of aspartame. It's called "4C Totally Light To Go".

KitKat169 01-15-2013 08:52 PM

I use Mio almost every day and don't have a problem with it. If Mio doesn't sit well with you then try using a squeeze of a lemon or a lime.

New Englander 01-16-2013 09:24 AM

Love it and use it everyday!!! It doesn't impact my losses at all.

Chloe222 01-16-2013 09:48 AM

I use it daily also, haven't noticed any problems, but again, we're all different.

Ishbel 01-16-2013 09:59 AM

Some people have reactions to artificial sweeteners which can be a variety of gastro instestinal issues. Bloating, gas, laxitive effect etc etc

IP has sucralose so you're already getting some and adding extra can affect SOME people and not others.

If I use too much I can tell, ease up a bit on it. I like water with lemon or lime, in fact I survive on warm water and lemon (especially in the winter) or try stevia. For me, there was a trick to stevia, I played with the amounts of liquid and amount of stevia before I found a combination that wasn't too sweet and wasn't 'bitter'.

Dresa 01-16-2013 10:00 AM

I use it fairly often, my problem is that I like it very sweet and I run through too much for the cost, so I've been having plain water more often. But certainly no side effects here.

pocahontas812 01-16-2013 10:35 AM

Love it, use it routinely, never have a problem with it. I prefer the orange-tangerine flavor which has B vitamins. Not sure why, but I find the flavor is more concentrated so I end up using less of it as compared to other flavors. I also find the other flavors have a more artificial aftertaste.

Sammie12 01-16-2013 11:09 AM

I use it almost everyday my coach had suggested using when I couldn't get any more plain water in. I haven't noticed a change in my weigh ins.