Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #76  
Beth

S/C/G: 244/204/170

Height: 5'7"/25yo

Quote:
Thanks

I'm very confused.. I'm on phase two and therefore have to have an extra 8 oz's protien.. My coach says to eat two eggs but when I have research it comes up with different answers?? Ie 5-6 grams is 1/5 th of an ounce
Not sure if this helps, but I know 8oz of protein on phase 1 with eggs is 4 eggs and 2 egg whites. I'd say I can make a pretty educated guess that half of that (2 eggs) would be 4-5 oz of protein.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:35 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild wire View Post
I had my weekly WI & lost 2.8 lbs this week. Congrats to everyone for their NSV's & WI's today! I enjoy reading everyone's posts every day!
Great Job, congrats!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #78  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

[QUOTE=Disco chick;4592300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy414 View Post
My coach just told me this tonight actually...there are about 5-6 grams of protein in an egg.[/QUOTE

Thanks

I'm very confused.. I'm on phase two and therefore have to have an extra 8 oz's protien.. My coach says to eat two eggs but when I have research it comes up with different answers?? Ie 5-6 grams is 1/5 th of an ounce
You should be doing 4 eggs and 2 egg whites as per the newest protocol sheet for a serving of protein. I think your coach might be working off old information so ask her to call her regional rep and get an update.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #79  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

For the talk about oil and olive oil. Your body needs fat as one of its essential nutrients and fat actually helps you burn fat. You can't go without it but you also have to watch to not overdo it.

Olive oil is okay for cooking at medium to low temps. It isn't good to high heat sauté or roast with it. For that I would recommend grapeseed or coconut oil as healthy IP okay'd options.

Many coaches also recommend using some oil in dressings rather than only cooking with it. I found my losses were more consistent when I regularly had my oil with my salad instead of cooking with it.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:11 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Search the threads for "veggie purees" posted largely by LizRR, a magician in the kitchen and a role model for many of us. So many easy and tasty purees made fron veggies, From the purees, make soup (just add some chicken or veg stock), use as sauces on any other veggies or protein. I tend to make soups (just add water or stock to the purees), its filling, very satisfying.
No need to search for the thread. I added the Fun With Veggie Purees link to the first post of the Daily Chat thread and it is there EVERY DAY. Easy peasy. I added LOTS of links for recipe threads to that post to make it easier for all newcomers.
That is where to find all the info
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On a similar note, newcomers: A LOT of new threads are being started for things that are covered in stickies, the first post of the daily chat, or can easily be found with taking some time with the search function. Please look for answers before posting a question! Most have been asked/answered again & again & again! There is even a sticky about what to do before posting a question in a new thread.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #81  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
scorbett:
hey lovely lady....what are your thoughts on using fresh orange zest??

1 tsp seems to have 2 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat, and technically since is has .5 carbs it would fall into the 0 carb.

1 tsp adds a lot of orange flavor naturally!!

just would love your opinion!!
Zest is fine, just treat it like a spice

What a day! Haven't stopped since 7am this morning Hubby had an appointment at the college today to get ready for graduation (His AA in Graphic Design), too many errands to count, then found out my brother in law's apartment's heat was broken. So I had him, my niece and nephew, and my other sister in law over for dinner and a little warmth, and made some extra for BIL's wife because I knew she'd been working all day. Had to go from cooking for 4 to cooking for 9! It all worked out, the kids had a blast hanging out, and my house is mostly recovered. I got a chance to try out a new yoga video tonight, LOVE it! Might become the new routine on non-running days.

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday, almost over the hump!
Closed Thread