Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #31  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

Had such a great day yesterday! That was my first day of being 100%, not even a small cheat :-) They say they want me to lose 10 more pounds then consider going into phase 2 im excited and nervous at the same time lol Does anyone know if you can roast veggies in a toaster oven?
Old 01-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #32  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Okay...I have looked through the threads trying to find the guidelines for calories, carbs, fat, etc. per day for phase 1. I know I saw it somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it again! My SIL is interested in trying IP with alternates and I wanted to give her that info as well as the link to nahua nutrition. Sorry to ask when I am sure it's posted several times over throughout these threads...
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Interesting! Well, so far so good for me from what I can tell - and I do believe we're encouraged to used the EVOO in roasting veggies, so I hope I'm not leading you astray!! The secret, of course, is not going overboard and exceeding your 2tsp.

Another fave is tossing it in EVOO and WF pancake syrup. Sounds strange, I know, but it takes away that wee bit of bitter in the rutabaga and the little bit of sweetness goes a long way. Might work if you'd rather stay away from roasting with EVOO?
Thanks for the info! If I'm honest I've been cooking with it anyway lol only because so many people on here have sad that they do. I guess every coach is just a little different

I will try the WF pancake syrup thing! I bought a ton of WF stuff but didn't try the pancake syrup since my coach isn't letting me have any restricted foods yet. I'll try it now though
Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #34  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Okay...I have looked through the threads trying to find the guidelines for calories, carbs, fat, etc. per day for phase 1. I know I saw it somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it again! My SIL is interested in trying IP with alternates and I wanted to give her that info as well as the link to nahua nutrition. Sorry to ask when I am sure it's posted several times over throughout these threads...
This is what I got from one of the threads:

Daily calories: 600-900
Daily protein: 90-120g
Daily NET carbs: 20-40g
Daily fat: not greater than 30% of total
Old 01-15-2013, 01:09 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Hello everyone!! Great WI's and NSV's!! I esp loved mrskuby's Thanks to all of you for keeping me motivated and inspired!!

I am having a tough week. My sleep is all out of whack and therefore so is my eating. Not cheating, but actually having trouble getting it all in. I am not expecting a big loss tomorrow because of it.
This last TOM really hit me with fatigue and because I work 2nd shift I am up and running at 11:00pm, groggy all morning and early afternoon.
My big goal this week was being more diligent with my vitamins. I have had a tough time with them since the holidays. I only chart on MFP now so I don't have the book to cross them off. I finally got a pill box and even with that had a few misses.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #36  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Great job with the losses everyone. I continue to be amazed that this plan works for everyone who commits to stick with it. I'm at the end of week 2 (weigh in tomorrow) and am over the hump of hunger and fatigue, and have had no cravings. Though I haven't been posting much, I continue to read on this forum and am learning so much, and as I'm not going to a clinic, your input is essential for me. I've always been someone who has to know WHY I should or shouldn't do something, and as I read just about all my questions are being answered. Scorbett, Lisa and so many others of you are wonderful in explaining so many of the whys I've had, but what I haven't found (and I've searched both the forum and the internet) is the reason why there is a daily requirement of olive oil. Is it to add fat and lubrication to help prevent constipation, or is there actually a chemical reason that helps the pounds go away? Thanks in advance, Sharon
Your body needs essential fatty acids to function properly. If you google essential fatty acids you can find details on why your body requires it.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Happy Day everyone!

Keep going! You are all doing wonderfully!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #38  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
This is what I got from one of the threads:

Daily calories: 600-900
Daily protein: 90-120g
Daily NET carbs: 20-40g
Daily fat: not greater than 30% of total
Thank you!!
Old 01-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Second WI today and down another 4 pounds and 4 inches! I didn't know it was possibly to lose 14 pounds in two weeks!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Hi LittleStar-

I was just looking over your WI info on your siggy and wanted to say, WOW!! You are ROCKING this diet!!!! WTG
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Have you tried Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh packs? The have chicken that is cooked and perfect for a salad or when you are on the go. Read the label, because there are some that have sugar, but that have some that are 0/0/0. I also have gotten tuna to go. They are easy to pack along and perfect in a pinch!
I havne't heard of the Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh Packs. I'll have to see if they are available locally. Thanks for the tip too about the labels! So easy to miss. Tuna is also a great suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobehealthy View Post
Good morning all!

So this week I'm trying to be extra diligent about my water... I'm really hoping to see the 170s on Saturday at my WI and my daily weighing isn't looking great so far. So I'm trying to do double the water to hopefully get me there.

Unfortunately the security guard at work sits right in front of the ladies room, so I'm sure he thinks I'm sick, but I'll just keep going past him once an hour or so today!

I hope everybody has a great OP day today!
I think the people at my work must think there is something wrong with me too! Yesterday, I went to the water cooler and the bottle was empty. I looked at the other 3 bottles, and they were all empty too! This is the first time we've finished all the bottles before they came to switch them out LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Hey! I forgot to mention my NSV!! Last night I put on my "Mudder-in-training" t-shirt (I'm doing Tough Mudder in August). It's one of those super fitted ladies t-shirts that the skinny girls wear and even though I got a large I haven't dared to put it on until last night. DH came in from the garage and was like "Wow! I can really see how much you've lost! Your shape is changing and you look awesome!" It really means a lot cause he's not one to gush like that. He would never say anything unless he really sees a difference. It made me feel so good!! It's so amazing how supportive he's been! I love this program!!!
Great NSV! Good on your husband for being so supportive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
1LittleStar - You are doing great. Have you tried the Big Mac Recipe? I ususally make 1 lb of hamburger and then throw half in the fridge for the next day. Since it is a salad, it would pack nice for either your lunch or dinner. Also, maybe hardboil some eggs and have them handy in the fridge, you could grab one and take it with you too?
I haven't tried the BigMac recipe, but I'm going to add it to my list! Thanks to everyone who commented about alternatives to the raw onions, not my favorites either. Hard boiled eggs - so obvious, but didn't think about it. Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzali View Post
Had my first weigh in this morning since starting IP 2 weeks ago. 8.6 pounds down! So glad to be doing this. I can't imagine how much weight I would have gained in the last 2 weeks if I hadn't started. Just bought 4 weeks worth of food and am anxious to see how the next week goes.
woohoo!! That's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katkat View Post
Today is day 2 for me and I woke up starving HA! But it's all good. Still got 5 days but I can't wait until my first official weigh after a week on IP! Trying to stay off home scale so I can be surprised.
Day 2 was the hardest for me, it does get easier!

Quote:
Great job with the losses everyone. I continue to be amazed that this plan works for everyone who commits to stick with it. I'm at the end of week 2 (weigh in tomorrow) and am over the hump of hunger and fatigue, and have had no cravings. Though I haven't been posting much, I continue to read on this forum and am learning so much, and as I'm not going to a clinic, your input is essential for me. I've always been someone who has to know WHY I should or shouldn't do something, and as I read just about all my questions are being answered. Scorbett, Lisa and so many others of you are wonderful in explaining so many of the whys I've had,
It is a wonderful place, full of information, sharing, and support. Keep posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamC View Post
That's awesome! Congrats! I just had my second weigh-in today and was -3.2 which I'm happy with as it's also TOM and I was up 2 pounds on my home scale today. So, I'm down 8 in two weeks.
Way to go!! That's a great loss in 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Hello everyone!! Great WI's and NSV's!! I esp loved mrskuby's Thanks to all of you for keeping me motivated and inspired!!

I am having a tough week. My sleep is all out of whack and therefore so is my eating. Not cheating, but actually having trouble getting it all in. I am not expecting a big loss tomorrow because of it.
This last TOM really hit me with fatigue and because I work 2nd shift I am up and running at 11:00pm, groggy all morning and early afternoon.
My big goal this week was being more diligent with my vitamins. I have had a tough time with them since the holidays. I only chart on MFP now so I don't have the book to cross them off. I finally got a pill box and even with that had a few misses.
Hang in there! You were one of the first posters whose comments I read when I joined this forum, and you were an inspiration to me! I sometimes forget my vitamins too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Second WI today and down another 4 pounds and 4 inches! I didn't know it was possibly to lose 14 pounds in two weeks!
Awesome weight loss!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #41  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

scorbett:
hey lovely lady....what are your thoughts on using fresh orange zest??

1 tsp seems to have 2 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat, and technically since is has .5 carbs it would fall into the 0 carb.

1 tsp adds a lot of orange flavor naturally!!

just would love your opinion!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-15-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #42  

Well, after another week of no weight loss, my coach wants me to not exercise at all this week and see if that will get me moving again. She believes that since my job keeps me running that the extra exercise is probably making me stall even with adding an extra packet.
I haven't been too worried since I have been losing inches, but I would love to see the pounds going down too.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Well, after another week of no weight loss, my coach wants me to not exercise at all this week and see if that will get me moving again. She believes that since my job keeps me running that the extra exercise is probably making me stall even with adding an extra packet.
I haven't been too worried since I have been losing inches, but I would love to see the pounds going down too.
Too bad your coach doesn't see the loss of inches as a "loss". It isn't a stall unless the scale and the measuring tape BOTH stall.
You're doing GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
14 in 14? Wow!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-15-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #44  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Good morning IP peeps!! I am officially back and on program!! I started today. I am doing alternatives, but stick to it. I tell ya, the one thing I forgot is how much I have to use the bathroom. I have been drinking a ton to stay full and fight off the hunger and boredom (no school today) I have already drank a gallon of water and it is only 3! I am taking extra packet/drink to work tomorrow just in case I get hunger. I know that the hunger only lasts a few days and the weight loss for as long as I allow myself to keep it off.

I am so glad to be back. I am hoping for a big first week loss to get me motivated and started on the right track!!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Hi, Everyone.

I'm back from my long "ski" weekend. DH had fun at his race and I got some work done. I am 80% pleased with my eating, but there is still room for improvement. It felt good to get away, but I am glad to get back in the swing of things.

I only skied one day. I found it very fatiguing. (I am really not use to physical activity since starting IP.) It was also super cold. So I did my best and did eat a bit extra after skiing.
Closed Thread