Old 01-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default me too...

This was my first full week. I started with a whopping sinus infection the day I began the program....only lost 2.2 lbs in spite of being 100% compliant. It was a bummer to start off that way. I finish z-pack tomorrow..and have weigh-in again on Thursday.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

I too woke up with the crud (stuffiness, sinus pressure, sore throat and heavy chest) yesterday morning. Oh and not to mention TOM. I am barely getting all the packets and food in right now. All I really want is homemade chicken noodle soup. I know IP has theirs but I want mine I usually make. We are getting into the busy season at work with Mardi Gras and SuperBowl coming in and I hate feeling like Cr*p!!! My scale hasn't moved in a bit but I know I am not feeling 100% and that has alot to do with it. Hopefully by WI I'm doing much better.
byugrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by byugrl View Post
I too woke up with the crud (stuffiness, sinus pressure, sore throat and heavy chest) yesterday morning. Oh and not to mention TOM. I am barely getting all the packets and food in right now. All I really want is homemade chicken noodle soup. I know IP has theirs but I want mine I usually make. We are getting into the busy season at work with Mardi Gras and SuperBowl coming in and I hate feeling like Cr*p!!! My scale hasn't moved in a bit but I know I am not feeling 100% and that has alot to do with it. Hopefully by WI I'm doing much better.
Why not make some homemade veggie soup? I use 3 cups broth, and measure out 4 cups of veggies (rutabaga, zucchini, celery, chopped cabbage, maybe a little tomato paste). If I cut the cabbage into thinner ribbons it kinda tricks my brain into thinking they are noodles I season with plenty of fresh garlic and herbs. Simmer until the veggies are soft and split into 2 servings, each one is your 2 cups veggies AND it's yummy home cooked soup.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #19  

I made chicken soup. It's my go-to cold/crud cure.
No noodles or rice but measured veggies.
I bought a rotisserie chicken, took the meat off the bone & used the carcass to make broth. Meat measured 1 lb so I knew it was 2 dinner portions.
I put in 8 c veggies so I could have it twice/day for 2 days.
That took care of veggies and meat.
Then I had orange drink and pink lemonade packets b/c citrus tasted best.
There is something about chicken soup that is so soothing when I have crud. I'll make myself make that even if I need to rest between every chop (or try to get hubby to chop for me)

Get well soon to all with crud and stay off the scales. Water weight WILL be there. We get inflammation when we are sick.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

I made "cream" of broccoli with chicken last night for dinner. I also usually only want soup when i feel gross. I made stock with half a leftover chicken and spices (simmered for an hour and then cleaned the carcass and chopped all the meat up). I simmered four cups of mixed broccoli and cauliflower, a stalk of celery, lots of herbs, and garlic with about five cups of the stock. I pureed the majority of the broth and veggies (i'm thinking pureeing veggies is going to be my savior on this diet) and then added it back to the pot. I thinned it out with a few ladles of stock and added the chicken in. It was thick and creamy with no cream or milk. So so good! My boyfriend had some and topped his with cheddar cheese for a "cheddar and broccoli" soup. Even he loved it!
BrittStar027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Why not make some homemade veggie soup? I use 3 cups broth, and measure out 4 cups of veggies (rutabaga, zucchini, celery, chopped cabbage, maybe a little tomato paste). If I cut the cabbage into thinner ribbons it kinda tricks my brain into thinking they are noodles I season with plenty of fresh garlic and herbs. Simmer until the veggies are soft and split into 2 servings, each one is your 2 cups veggies AND it's yummy home cooked soup.
Sounds soooooo good !!! I'm going to have to try it !!! Thanks so much !!!
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #22  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

For what it's worth, when I took an 10 day antibiotic a bit over a year ago, I gained a pound a day during the time of the month I usually see big losses. It was almost comical, but it wasn't. My feet were becoming balloons - it was the antiobiotic.

It took about a week to pee it all out, but then I did and then some more of the weight I was "truly" losing while on the antibiotic too.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I made chicken soup. It's my go-to cold/crud cure.
No noodles or rice but measured veggies.
I bought a rotisserie chicken, took the meat off the bone & used the carcass to make broth. Meat measured 1 lb so I knew it was 2 dinner portions.
I put in 8 c veggies so I could have it twice/day for 2 days.
That took care of veggies and meat.
Then I had orange drink and pink lemonade packets b/c citrus tasted best.
There is something about chicken soup that is so soothing when I have crud. I'll make myself make that even if I need to rest between every chop (or try to get hubby to chop for me)

Get well soon to all with crud and stay off the scales. Water weight WILL be there. We get inflammation when we are sick.

Thanks so much that is my go to crud reliever/ comfort food. Your recipe sounds great also .. Another I am going to have to try !! I am going to stay off the scale it's going to be hard lol but I can manage until I get better !! Thanks so much !!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:24 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 254/229.5/190

Height: 5"8

Yes yes yes! Also an FYI if your on IP and have antibiotics be VERY carful if you are not planning on having a baby!!!! The combo on women can blmake you very fertile! My friend found this out....
Billster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

To all you lovely soup chefs out there...I'm planning to make some veggie soup for lunch today. Turnips, celery and cabbage in low sodium chicken broth and I thought I'd throw my IP Rotini in there for good measure!

My question is, having never made this before, when do I put each ingredient in? I know I should chop all the veggies to be roughly the same size so they cook evenly, but should I put the turnips and celery in first, cook until almost done, then put the cabbage in last? Throw everything in together?

Help please! Thanks
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #26  

Question: Sooo..is homemade chicken or turkey stock OK? I've always made my own soups. We actually like the broth with vegetables like mushrooms, celery carrots and wild rice...I would of course omit the carrots and rice now....maybe add zuchinni at the last min or cabbage..... I have not seen homemade stock listed on any of the things I checked and read from the official Ideal site. Canned stock that is low or no sodium still has both calories and carbs.....are those of you making your own soups further along and in something other than phase 1?

Thanks...

Last edited by 65X65; 01-20-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Question: Sooo..is homemade chicken or turkey stock OK? I've always made my own soups. We actually like the broth with vegetables like mushrooms, celery carrots and wild rice...I would of course omit the carrots and rice now....maybe add zuchinni at the last min or cabbage..... I have not seen homemade stock listed on any of the things I checked and read from the official Ideal site. Canned stock that is low or no sodium still has both calories and carbs.....are those of you making your own soups further along and in something other than phase 1?

Thanks...
The broth I found is an organic, low sodium chicken broth that comes in a box. It fits the requirements of the Phase 1 sheet being 0/0/0 with only 5 calories per serving.

I know many IP'ers make their own homemade broth using the bones from a whole chicken but that's too much work for me!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
My thoughts (disclaimer: I am NOT able to do a nutritional analysis of this)
The bone broth I make is made from a chicken carcass and some celery scraps. It would be 0 carb (or close), 0 sugar, and there is no fat to skim.
So, I use it as 0/0/0 and reading about bone broth I KNOW it is healthier than whatever residuals the food industry chooses to make their packaged broth from. My chickens are usually free- range and have been fed non-GMO feed (unless I'm super sick and pick one up at the grocery store on the way home)

If you make a veggie broth, I'm GUESSING you'll have residual carbs in the broth that will be hard to measure. But I know that some folks use veggies in their homemade broth and it hasn't seemed to slow any losses.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #29  

well..your singing my song ...many of you. I did not know to stop the supplements while taking antibiotics...It would have made sense for me to stop my start of the program for a week to 10 days. I do wish the coaches would suggest that. They knew I was harboring something when I went in for my weigh in at the start.

Have been on a z-pack which is only 5 days..but lasts or 10. My weight has barely budged. I lost 2.2 lbs the first week and next weigh in is Thursday. I see on my home scale...no change. I stopped the supplements until the 10 day mark...OK..so won't be surprised ( but will be disappointed) if there is no loss at all this week. I do feel like I might be losing inches. Hope that is not wishful thinking....I like the thought once the antibiotics clear my body...I'll see that whoosh effect I keep reading about! Have been 100% compliant....meeting a friend for lunch today....having a spinach salad...I'ver already scoped out the menu...

Last edited by 65X65; 01-21-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #30  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Hope you all are starting to feel at least a little better....
After stopping my supplements for 10 days of Avelox (after 2 rounds of the Z pack that didn't work) - I feel much much better. Now it's just a matter of warding off all the bugs that everyone else has!

65x65 - I hope the z pak works for you, but don't be surprised if it doesn't because of the supplements. At least you still lost a bit. I was like berryblonde and gained a little over 3 lbs during mine.

Soups were my go too! Piping hot and full of "crushed up" veggies!

I didn't have a huge whoosh after stopping the antibiotics but I have to be realistic that I am close to goal again and will lose slower.
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote