Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #46  
restart 1/14/13

S/C/G: 210/208/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Welcome Back!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Thank you. I learned a BIG lesson the past couple of months. I believe my head and heart are both back in the place they need to be for me to get back on track and lose the rest of the weight. I could really kick myself in the butt for letting it go this far, I was almost to goal.
You inspired me last year when I started IP! Especially, when money got tight and you helped me with alternative products.
Looking forward to losing the weight and then some using alternatives again. If there is a list of alternatives out there, that would be great.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,

Well, I'm back......woohoo!!! I kinda fell off the wagon when I tried moving to phase 3 for 2 weeks to jump start my system and it went alot longer than 2 weeks. And let me tell you I really enjoyed eating all the wrong things, and I guess I enjoyed it too much because I have put 14 pounds back on and I am MISERABLE!!!!!!!! I was miserable after the first 5 pounds going back on but now I'm worse. My pants are all too snug now, and I have gotten rid of all of my bigger sizes and I refuse to go get a bigger pair to get me thru the next week or so. And let me tell you, it is absolutley, positvily alot harder to start back on track once you have gotten off. I knew I was gaining, so I would try starting back on plan and then I'd get really hungry and grab a snack(cookies, chips, candy) to tide me over til time to eat. I think my willpower went away for awhile, because I know what to do to lose, but I just couldn't do it like I did when I started the plan. But as of right now, my mind is made up and I am back in the saddle for another go around till I reach my goal. NOTHING IS GOING TO STOP ME!!!!!!!

Glad to see so many new faces!!
Welcome back!!! We missed you around here!! now that you are back to 100% you will be moving back towards your goal in no time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
Good morning everyone!

This is a day when I need ya'll to tell me have faith in the plan. I already know it but just need to hear it today. My official WI was yesterday, and I am +2.8 lbs. I'm pretty sure it's water retention but if so wow that's a lot of water, and not TOM. And I've been faithfully 100% OP. As I haven't seen a loss over 1.8 lbs in the last 5 WIs, I've been weighing and measuring everything, cutting out crystal light and gum just in case, etc... Plus I've started losing a lot of hair as of last week. This is the week I was going to start the alternative protocol but now I'm not sure as I'm guessing it will bump the scale up again. I just can't bear to change my ticker yet. I was so proud to be under 150 and now I have to add almost 3lbs. Ugh. Don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I am very greatful for my losses, just need some encouragement.
Have faith!!! I was up 2.2 lbs for the last 4 days then whoosh it all came off and another 1lb of fat gone. The scale sucks, is wrong lots of the time, it does not matter if it is your home scale or official clinic scale, don't get discouraged, do what you need to to keep motivated and be 100% and the weight will come off

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Glad to see you back Ris!!!! Vet was looking for you last week as well! Ouve been missed!!!

Oh Nola!! that blasted scale!!!!!! Any inches gone?? Clothes fitting better or looser?? We KNOW there is more to this than the scale. That blasted damn scale!!! It sure reeks havoc with our emotions though.

That's happened to me this am as well. Up 1.8. Been 100% faithfully!!! Official WI is tonight but evening WIs are always higher so I'm not hopeful. But I AM NOT CHANGING my ticker! And what else are we going I do? Stop? I know that it's working and probably my body is bucking the changes so hanging in to something inside. I will push past this, and so will you. With a smile on my face. Cause I feel great! I have energy! I feel in control! Next week maybe the whoosh fairy will come to US! Have a good day and remember don't let a number define you. We are more than a number on a scale.
Like! Like! Like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogs311 View Post
Morning...I have not been on here in quite some time. Getting back on track is so hard which honestly doesn't make sense when I know the plan works...ugh. Anyways, I am back and 100% OP mind, body and soul. Just finished week 1 and unfortunately, TOM is lurking ... all I can hope for is a bigger loss next week. I have been stuck around 200lbs for a year now and granted I haven't been on IP, I hope that my body can move past this. I tried Paleo, but honestly, the only thing that works for me is IP. Grateful to have this site for support!
So glad we have so many coming back to share in this journey with us. Regardless of the past you are here and ready to commit 100% and we are here with you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Week #15 WI = -8 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally making up for being sick the last couple weeks! I am now within 20lbs of my goal, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

The sun is shining here, it's a great week to be OP!
Love your new pic!!!! You look great and so happy!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM   #48  

Quote:
Week #15 WI = -8 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally making up for being sick the last couple weeks! I am now within 20lbs of my goal, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Whoot whoot!!!!! Awesome WI!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #49  
Started IP 1/7/13

S/C/G: 252/220/152

Height: 5'2"

Excited to start my 2nd Week! I made it through the weekend without cheating!! I was hungrier yesterday becasue I was bored to so I had a 4th packet and a couple of pickles for snacks. I will need to make sure I'm getting all my water on the weekends too.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I have been finding it no problem to stay 100% OP over the last 4 1/2 months but I do think I am in a bit of a rut when it comes to using the same core 4 types of vegetables. It's not that I am not open to new types it is that I am unsure how to make them fit and have found a comfort zone to know how to use these vegetables for the meals I need and how long they take and have my house/kitchen set up to use them. Does anyone have any vegetable discoveries they have made and used that are new since IP? Info is always greatly appreciated? Going to try to be more adventurous.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 164.8/150.5/128 1) -4.8,2)-3.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:

Wow! Congrats! Did you do anything different this week do you think? That's an unusually large loss. Very exciting!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #52  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Wow!! I hadn't tried Nashua yet just because I was concerned about trying to figure out the plan. I was just using IP products to simplify things. But now I'll have to rethink it. From what i understand Protidiet is the same as IP?? Is that correct?
It isn't the same as IP. It is similiar, but not just repackaged IP if that's what you heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I have been finding it no problem to stay 100% OP over the last 4 1/2 months but I do think I am in a bit of a rut when it comes to using the same core 4 types of vegetables. It's not that I am not open to new types it is that I am unsure how to make them fit and have found a comfort zone to know how to use these vegetables for the meals I need and how long they take and have my house/kitchen set up to use them. Does anyone have any vegetable discoveries they have made and used that are new since IP? Info is always greatly appreciated? Going to try to be more adventurous.
Try making a roasted vegetable medley. You can chop up a bunch of different veggies and toss with sea salt and evoo, then roast in the oven. I did this after having it at a restaurant and it got me out of my cauliflower rut. My favorite combo is zuchini, crook neck squash, cauli & peppers.

If you make a huge batch, you can puree the leftovers for soup.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I think you can pretty much roast any vegetable and it will turn out amazing. I typically roast cauliflower, zucchini and yellow squash, peppers (red, yellow, green), mushrooms, brussel sprouts,etc. Just toss in olive oil, add your favorite spices (salt + pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, etc.) and roast anywhere from 400 - 450 degrees until they are done.

Rutabega is something that I discovered on this diet. I have roasted them in small cubes or done them as fries (usually with salt/pepper/onion powder). Delicious.

Kale chips are another favorite.

We grill a lot, so grilled peppers, grilled green onions, etc. are great.

Sauteed green beans in olive oil with garlic is another favorite of mine.

I also like to make a roasted veggie salad for something different (just roast whatever veggies you like and add to a salad).

There are so many recipes for cauliflower as well - cauliflower mash, rice, hummus, etc. It's pretty versatile.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #54  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Over the weekend I made both chili and beef stew and I added eggplant. It got mushy and kinda disappeared into the broth but I know it's in there and I get the nutrients and fiber. DH didn't even mind it at all! i am also addicted to Lizrr's mushroom puree in place of gravy! Both me and DH love it! I will def be using it even in phase 4!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #55  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Over the weekend I made both chili and beef stew and I added eggplant. It got mushy and kinda disappeared into the broth but I know it's in there and I get the nutrients and fiber. DH didn't even mind it at all! i am also addicted to Lizrr's mushroom puree in place of gravy! Both me and DH love it! I will def be using it even in phase 4!
I agree on the gravy puree. I hate mushrooms, but love this puree used as gravy.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #56  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Is Muscle Milk light chocolate a comparable alternative to the IP chocolate RTD? I ask because I have some leftover in the fridge and wondered if I should/could drink them this week.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #57  
Started IP 1/10/13

Also, my first weigh in on Sunday is smackdab in the middle of my TOM. Should I start preparing myself for disappointment?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #58  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
Also, my first weigh in on Sunday is smackdab in the middle of my TOM. Should I start preparing myself for disappointment?
It should still be a good weight in.

I just did a quick check on nutrition values for muscle milk light and the one I checked had 15g of sugar. That's really high for a non-restricted. I wouldn't use it.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #59  

Default starting IP In February

I have had the brochure from my Dr.'s office for months now on this program. The holidays came and went and I kept on eating. I am locked in to the meeting in February and excited for the new way life. I have dieted off and on with Atkins for years. I actually trained for a 5k and lost almost 40 lbs to years ago. I have gained it all back plus 10. I am ready.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #60  
Started IP 1/10/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
It should still be a good weight in.

I just did a quick check on nutrition values for muscle milk light and the one I checked had 15g of sugar. That's really high for a non-restricted. I wouldn't use it.
OK, I'll give them to my mom when she comes up this weekend.
Closed Thread