Old 08-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/129/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Cellulite Reduction Protocol?

Happy Sunday all- Very exciting WI yesterday -officially at 135 pounds and starting to talk about phasing off. I mentioned to my coach that the only area i remain unhappy about is the cellulite on my legs. (Yes,I understand that i am starting to be picky!)

She has put me on a Cellulite Reduction Protocol- which is the same as phase 1 EXCEPT: no restricteds and no red meat. The key is to keep fat down as low as 'healthily' possible. Then, when I am happy i move to Phase 2. (She thought 1 to 2 weeks.)

Has anyone had success with this? What are your thoughts?

Thanks all!
maddiefoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #2  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

I'd heard of that protocol, but wasn't sure of the specifics - thanks for the clarification! PLEASE update this thread when you are done with your observations/progress!
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #3  

I will be sure to keep this updated. One thing i didn't mention before is coach also suggested target exercise to start toning muscle in the cellulite area to encourage muscle definition. I took 'before cellutlite protocol pictures' in a bathing suit this morning, and will take more in one week, then two weeks, and then post on the success. Thanks Liz!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Maddiefoofoo, I did a little googling as the protocol that you are describing differed from what my coach had mentioned and what I previously had read, which is you should be at your goal/ideal weight before you start and that it includes ONLY packets (2 packets for dinner), and those packets are to be non-restricted.

I don't think what you are doing is going to hurt you in the least, and, I, too, am curious what results you will have. Also, my experience has been that the cellulite looks different as you phase off, some days better and some days not.

Here is what I found. Like many things IP, it does not have a date, so the protocol may have changed.

Original link: http://www.idealwellnessnow.com/cleansing-programs.html
Info in the link:

The Ideal Protein Cellulite Protocol
Michael P. Ciell, RPh., Chief Science Officer
Overview

"Cellulite" is the general term given to trapped pockets of fat, usually in the area from the knee to the buttocks. This term is not to be confused with cellulitis which is an infection (usually caused by a Staph or Strep bacteria) of the skin. The condition mainly affects women and it is thought to be influenced by genetics and hormones...primarily estrogens and insulin. The hallmark characteristic of cellulite is a 'lumpy' or 'orange peel like' appearance of the skin and, while non-pathological, it is, to say the least, very unaesthetic. Numerous technologies have been developed to reduce or remove cellulite: laser treatment, wrapping, heating (with or without suction), massage techniques, saline injections, and a wide variety of topicals (creams, lotions). These technologies tend to be rather expensive and the results (for the most part) seem to be marginally effective and long term results are usually disappointing.

Ideal Protein's Approach

Fats (triglycerides) are sequestered or 'locked' into the fat cells by the action of the enzyme lipoprotein lipase. The hormone insulin greatly increases the activity of this enzyme. Therefore if we apply a certain technology to 'get the fat out of the cell' without taking this fact into consideration....we are basically fighting a hormone and the hormone will always win!. Ideal Protein views this problem from a nutritional standpoint. By severely restricting all carbohydrates ('good ones, bad ones, fast ones and slow ones') we are: 1) able to deplete the body's primary source of energy (glycogen), 2) force the body to burn its fat as the primary source of energy, and 3) greatly decrease the amount of insulin secreted thus allowing these cells to release their fat stores. Should the client employ any of the above mentioned technologies (along with this protocol) the results will be very impressive indeed. However most clients find this "nutritional approach" alone is sufficient to achieve very satisfactory results!

Getting Started

This protocol is not to be considered a weight loss program! The client will only begin this program if they are at their 'ideal weight' (to be determined by the client and coach). If they have a few extra pounds to lose, they will start (or remain on) Phase 1 of the Regular Protocol until their ideal weight is achieved.
Because we are NOT concerned with weight here, a scale is NOT to be used to monitor the client's progress. Progress will be monitored by: a) The LIVE IDEAL B.C.A. b) a measuring tape...measure the 'targeted area' and c) weekly photos of the targeted area.
After the first 5 to 7 days on the Protocol, the client may notice the cellulite might appear worse (i.e. "more dimply"). Do not be alarmed, this reflects the loss of some extracellular water in that area and the skin will 'tighten-up'....temporarily exaggerating the 'orange peel' appearance.
The client will notice the cellulite is usually removed in a very specific manner: from "bottom upward". That is, if the thigh is the affected area, the cellulite loss will begin near the knee and will move upward towards the buttock region every week.
The Protocol

Use the Phase 1 (Regular) Protocol Sheet as a general guideline with these changes:
3 Packets of non-restricted IP foods per day (i.e. the omelet, shakes, puddings, soups).
One of those packets must be a soup (to keep sodium levels normal).
One packet of a hydrolyzed collagen food per day in addition to the above 3 packets.
No whole protein (i.e. meat, fish, poultry) with the dinner meal (have an omelet w/veggies).
4 cups of non-restricted veggies per day (i.e. just the "lean and green" ones).
Unlimited lettuce salad but no more than 2 tsps. olive oil (or other oil) per day...this daily oil is mandatory to maintain proper gallbladder function.
Coffee or tea as desired BUT NO MILK, Half & Half, or non-dairy creamer.....use a Vanilla pre-made, Vanilla pudding, mixed as a drink (add more water) or the Cappuccino drink.
In most cases 'The Cellulite Program' should take no longer than 2 to 3 weeks to achieve the desired results.
Follow-up with 2 days of Phase 2 and 5 days of Phase 3.
Sample Menu

Breakfast: Peach / Mango Drink, coffee with Vanilla Pre-Made as creamer

Lunch: Salad (1 tsp olive oil and 2 tsp lemon juice), soup w/ 2 cups steamed veggies

Dinner: Salad (optional), Omelet w/ 2 cups sautéed veggies, appropriate beverage

Snack: Raspberry Gelatin NOTE: Supplements as per Phase 1.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Definitely go for the toning exercises! These will help you a great deal with cellulite. Good luck!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #6  

Default One week update

Hello. One week (of two) into the cellulite reduction program. This is what I have done differently:

-Eliminated restricteds
-Kept to lean protein only (chicken and turkey)
-Decided on my own to keep to lower carb non-restricteds. (for example, always wildberry shakes instead of chocolate shakes. This was not a suggested requirement, but I figured it couldn't hurt.
-Worked out focusing on lower body (EA Sports Active 2) 4 times.

The results:
-Weight loss has INCREASED significantly - even though TOM hit right in the middle. I was averaging 2.5 pounds a week. This week I have lost 4.5
-Not at all hungry. Having to make myself eat my last packet
-Obvious reduction in 'lumps' in the places that were resistant to the regular protocol (saddlebags, upper thighs, belly)

The plan:
-Stay on this protocol until Friday of this coming week, and then move to Phase 2. I should be around 128 pounds by then. (HOORAY!!!!)
- I understand that Phase 2 is still a weight loss phase, just at a slower pace. I will probably continue the 'no restricteds no red meat' for that 2 week period to finalize the cellulite reduction.
-I will keep to a 3x - 4x per week EA Sports program, adding yoga on Wednesdays and more walking.

I am at the perfect clothing size (4 pant, 2 dress) - which is lower than i ever expected to be and smaller than i ever have been. So i am SUPER DUPER thrilled.

All in all - i would say this is a successful plan to phase out. When you reach the size you want to be, use this plan to 'fine tune' out the lumps and bumps.

I am SO SO happy with my results. I'll post some pictures next week.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #7  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

This is very interesting and hope to look into it when I get closer to goal. Very interested in your results! glad its working for you!!
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Hello. One week (of two) into the cellulite reduction program. This is what I have done differently:

-Eliminated restricteds
-Kept to lean protein only (chicken and turkey)
-Decided on my own to keep to lower carb non-restricteds. (for example, always wildberry shakes instead of chocolate shakes. This was not a suggested requirement, but I figured it couldn't hurt.
-Worked out focusing on lower body (EA Sports Active 2) 4 times.

The results:
-Weight loss has INCREASED significantly - even though TOM hit right in the middle. I was averaging 2.5 pounds a week. This week I have lost 4.5
-Not at all hungry. Having to make myself eat my last packet
-Obvious reduction in 'lumps' in the places that were resistant to the regular protocol (saddlebags, upper thighs, belly)

The plan:
-Stay on this protocol until Friday of this coming week, and then move to Phase 2. I should be around 128 pounds by then. (HOORAY!!!!)
- I understand that Phase 2 is still a weight loss phase, just at a slower pace. I will probably continue the 'no restricteds no red meat' for that 2 week period to finalize the cellulite reduction.
-I will keep to a 3x - 4x per week EA Sports program, adding yoga on Wednesdays and more walking.

I am at the perfect clothing size (4 pant, 2 dress) - which is lower than i ever expected to be and smaller than i ever have been. So i am SUPER DUPER thrilled.

All in all - i would say this is a successful plan to phase out. When you reach the size you want to be, use this plan to 'fine tune' out the lumps and bumps.

I am SO SO happy with my results. I'll post some pictures next week.
Way COOL! I am going to ask my coach about this!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #9  

Height: magmeepEVE

Just wondering how this went? Thanks!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #10  

Default Results of Cellulite Protocol

Hi Thanks for asking
It's been 4 weeks since i eliminated restricted and red meat, etc.

I have only lost 4 pounds (which at first was disappointing) but before and after pictures of my (ahem) backside and legs show an amazing difference. It looks like i lost 10+ pounds.
I am in phase 3 now, and still staying away from the restricteds, but adding red meat back in as of yesterday.

I would recommend the protocol - just expect differences in INCHES as opposed to pounds.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #11  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
Hi Thanks for asking
It's been 4 weeks since i eliminated restricted and red meat, etc.

I have only lost 4 pounds (which at first was disappointing) but before and after pictures of my (ahem) backside and legs show an amazing difference. It looks like i lost 10+ pounds.
I am in phase 3 now, and still staying away from the restricteds, but adding red meat back in as of yesterday.

I would recommend the protocol - just expect differences in INCHES as opposed to pounds.
Thanks so much maddiefoofoo for your response. That is wonderful! I'll definitely be doing this when the time is right. And a million congratulations on all your hard work. You look fantastic.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Honestly, I think you would have had this transformation even with restricteds and red meat. When I got close to goal I had a number if weeks with minimal weight loss, but significant inches lost. I kept both restricteds and red meat (which we probably eat 4 times a week). I think most people see a continued weight "redistribution" even at their goal weight.

Coupled with my usual exercise (very intense 6 days a week) my cellulite all disappeared. My legs are very muscular and toned.

Funny-whenever I gain a bit on vacation, etc. the back of the thighs cellulite is where I start to notice it first...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:15 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Honestly, I think you would have had this transformation even with restricteds and red meat. When I got close to goal I had a number if weeks with minimal weight loss, but significant inches lost. I kept both restricteds and red meat (which we probably eat 4 times a week). I think most people see a continued weight "redistribution" even at their goal weight.

Coupled with my usual exercise (very intense 6 days a week) my cellulite all disappeared. My legs are very muscular and toned.

Funny-whenever I gain a bit on vacation, etc. the back of the thighs cellulite is where I start to notice it first...
You may be right - i am starting to exercise again (45 minutes of step aerobics plus yoga- i'll add weights in next)

When i see signs for Fast Food or something, i feel my cellulite throbbing. Very weird 'in my head' symptom.

Steak for lunch today. yummy.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Maggiefoofoo, you look FANTASTIC!! I see that you lost a lot in inches!! So, after completing this Cellulite protocol, did you notice a HUGE reduction of cellulite?

Thanks for sharing! When I mentioned this protocol to my coach, she said that I'm already doing it by having the Raspberry Jelly every other night. It is funny how each coach is different. Although she is a terrific coach, I don't think mine really knew of this particular protocol.
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Maggiefoofoo, you look FANTASTIC!! I see that you lost a lot in inches!! So, after completing this Cellulite protocol, did you notice a HUGE reduction of cellulite?

Thanks for sharing! When I mentioned this protocol to my coach, she said that I'm already doing it by having the Raspberry Jelly every other night. It is funny how each coach is different. Although she is a terrific coach, I don't think mine really knew of this particular protocol.
Thanks! - to date it's 35 pounds and 48 inches. I did see a huge reduction in my legs and butt - As someone mentioned, it may have gone away on its own, but it wasn't that hard to try it. No matter what you do, remember inches are more important than pounds.

The key for me moving forward has GOT to be exercise.