Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 248.4/156.8/140

Height: 5'6"

Ugh. Gained a pound at WI this week, BUT lost 3.5 inches! I guess this is what a week of significant exercise did for me... every day was either Zumba, running, or lifting, and sometimes combos of two in one day. Oh well... all of the inches were off my waist and hips, so my jeans fit splendidly! If I have to take the bad, I'll gladly take the good along with it!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

[QUOTE=LizRR;4587008]Sounds like we are all starting off the morning right! Did an 11-mile run at 6:00am, enjoying a spinach smoothie and car shopping this afternoon. Its kind of a gray day today, so no park with my son - but he will have fun when my in-laws babysit while we look at new cars. We are also babysitting for friends tonight and their little girl is my sons age, so I am sure that will be a fun "date" for them.

Liz....just have to tell you..you're my daily inspiration. Our start weights are close and our goal weights are close and we're the same height and I only hope to look half as fabulous as you do when I'm close to goal. Thank you for sharing your story! I'm determined to follow in your footsteps....well, maybe not in those 11 mile run footsteps but.....
Old 01-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #18  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
PamC: you might want to consider taking a restricted munchy packet to the party, in addition to your veggies. I also take seltzer water and Mio. It helps me thru all those people drinking!
I carry a large purse (curse of having a large purse, you have everything with you - but you can't find anything in it). Anyway lots of pockets, and in one of those I keep some easy packets to make (hot chocolate, chicken soup, a restricted bar, WF dressing packet- stuff like that), and a few herbal teas I like. Usually like two packet options total, one dressing, and a bar. Sort of an emergency food kit - light version that I have whenever I go out. If I know I'll be driving a couple hours, I may throw some celery in a zip lock and a RTD shake in the car too. Car normally has a couple fresh bottles of water in the passenger drink holders too.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDChickie View Post
Ugh. Gained a pound at WI this week, BUT lost 3.5 inches! I guess this is what a week of significant exercise did for me... every day was either Zumba, running, or lifting, and sometimes combos of two in one day. Oh well... all of the inches were off my waist and hips, so my jeans fit splendidly! If I have to take the bad, I'll gladly take the good along with it!
Losses aren't all measured on the scale. 3.5 inches is AWESOME!
And the fact that you did some really significant excercise (light exercise is recommended in P1 b/c muscle increases can slow weight "loss" - not necessarily fat loss - due to muscle weighing more than fat). The fact that you lost so many INCHES shows that you still had fat loss, even if the scale didn't demonstrate it.
The scale will catch up!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #20  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetShe View Post
Does anyone have any experience with issues using Splenda? I know it's allowed but Stevia is perferred. I prefer the taste of Splenda but would try to switch if it is better for IP. Has anyone noticed that Splenda affected their weightloss? What is the reason for choosing one over the other?

Thanks!! So glad I have this forum to ask questions and for the inspiration.
Just an FYI, a packet of Splenda has ~4 calories from just barely <1g carb. That was one thing my coach warned me about - always assume that any '0 calorie' extra (WF, Splenda, Mio, etc) has 4 cals/1g carb - and had me limit them to 6 or less a day. Liquid Stevia is a 'true 0-calorie' sweetener that I really like, some of the packet stevias (Truvia, etc) are made of fillers that up the carb count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoGirl82 View Post
Liz....just have to tell you..you're my daily inspiration. Our start weights are close and our goal weights are close and we're the same height and I only hope to look half as fabulous as you do when I'm close to goal. Thank you for sharing your story! I'm determined to follow in your footsteps....well, maybe not in those 11 mile run footsteps but.....
Thanks WyoGirl! It's not on my ticker, but it took me 4 months of 'on my own' before I started IP where I lost a whopping 6lb, so we pretty much started out at the same weight. IP was the best thing I have done for myself...ever.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #21  

Good Morning All!
SDchickie congrats on the inches lost! Once I am healed I too will be back into exercise and I cannot wait!
LIZ love hearing about your runs...living vicariously through u!

THE SUN IS OUT IN BATON ROUGE! first time in 6 days and last time for 5 more days. I am goign to enjoy it today!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Went shopping for a couple of things today. Amazingly, one does not magically turn into a great shopper just because clothes fit. I am really bad at fashion. Oh well! On the bright side, I actually got into a 10pants and an 8 dress.

I find it challenging that every piece and every brand sizes totally differently. So I have no idea what sizes to pull to try on and it takes 3x as long. Again, good problems to have I realize.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #23  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Good morning all! I'm stopping by just to say hello! I have to get ready for a party tonight! I have a bunch of junky food for everyone else and for my SIL and myself I am making buffalo chicken meatballs and veggie sushi w/ smoked salmon...of course I'll bet everybody else will wind up eating our good food! Isn't that just the way it happens?

Anyways, I am not at all worried about having the party food and everyone having drinks around me. I have started losing again so I know that I just need to stay OP and I will get to the point where I can have a few party night goodies. It's all good!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a good day.

I don't have any restricteds and am waiting for a big order from nashua. I got some wafers, some chips, oatmeal and other fun goodies! I can't wait to try them. I am seriously enjoying alternatives. I feel like I have a lot more choices, like pasta.

I also bought the pizza kit, and CAN'T WAIT to try it! So many times I've had a craving for pizza that wasn't easily satisfied. I think this will really help and be much easier than making a cauliflower crust that was always soggy.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning! Got dressed this morning and buttoned up a cute Old Navy flannel that I previously had to only wear unbuttoned Woohoo!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Relapse, thought I was over this nasty cold, just to cough all night and feel crappy today. hmmmm at least I am not hungry!

Stay warm and op!
Old 01-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

WorldTraveleronIP Best of luck!! Planning is key. I am still getting the hang of it!!
PamC I have been dying to see Les Mis but no one to go with!! I love the Dill Pickle Zippers. Yum Yum and the serving is huge.
Sahmmommy2 I agree TOM is the worst. I was famished the other day and ended up making a hard boiled egg.
HalfagainHA HA I just got rid of a big pocketbook because I could never find anything in it. Does it stop me from wanting more??? No. Now I have things in cases because it drives me nuts
Old 01-12-2013, 01:13 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I love pocketbooks...
Old 01-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanCo View Post
Good Morning! Got dressed this morning and buttoned up a cute Old Navy flannel that I previously had to only wear unbuttoned Woohoo!
great nsv!

liz your workouts are the bomb.

oh one of the other things they spoke at the p4 seminar was making exercise a part of our lives, consistently. not crazy, excessive but something everyday
Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 265.2/240.8/150

Height: 5'7

This is just going to sound weird..but since I have started IP (5 days) I have been having the weirdest, most lucid dreams I have ever had in my life! I know I sound silly, but its just seriously weird! A couple dreams the past few nights have been focus around food (obvious since its pretty much all that consumes my thoughts during waking hours..) but in the dream I am always cheating! To the point where I can TASTE the food and cannot stop myself from stuffing my face! In my dream I am so upset and disgusted with myself...and then have the best feeling in the world when I wake up and realize it was all a dream! I am using it as motivation to NOT cheat because the feeling is just terrible...ok I am rambling now and probably making some of you roll your eyes but..I just had to tell someone and I know this forum would understand why I am dreaming about food! Haha!
Closed Thread