Old 01-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #1  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Default Anyone lapband/gastric bypass?

Just curious if anyone else on this forum has had the lapband or gastric bypass. I had the lapband in 2008 with not much success hence why I am here. My coach has put me on a modified version of IP because I can't eat all the food at once. Just wondering if anyone else can relate.
lumielumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #2  

I had gastric bypass 11 years ago lost a lot of weight but would not recommend it. Very happy with the IP program.
newlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #3  
Started IP 20SEP2013

S/C/G: 208/189.5/135

Height: 5'1"

I have the lap band (currently unfilled) and just started the program yesterday. I'm concerned about the huge pills!
ohjuly7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

I had the lap band in 2011 with no luck. I lost 15 lbs. from the liquid diet, but nothing more. This diet is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions!
amt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/155/143

Height: 5'6

I have heard that Ideal Protein is starting to work with bariatric clinics. I think that would be a much better fit for them than the current business model of working out of chiropractic offices. My coach is paid an hourly wage and receives no commission for what she sells. It bugs me because she is the reason I go there, but the chiropractor is making all the money. If I thought she were being paid a commission for what I buy from her, I would be less inclined to use a lot of alternatives.
2much2do is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

I have a lap band with 7cc's in. I started the IP protocol Wednesday and I am having tons of trouble with the huge pills and large amount of protein. Any suggestions?
I think I am going to go have the fluid removed next week if I can get off work. I lost 75 pounds with the LB and have since gained back 80.....great in theory, not so much in practice.
Noodles1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

I had gastric bypass in January of 2000, went from 642 to 340.. maintained that loss with the exception of 40lbs. Started October 2013 with IP, and in 15 weeks, I've lost 73lbs. Granted, I've still got quite a ways to go but this diet protocol is the best thing that could have happened to me.
Kawaii1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #8  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I had lap band in July of 2008. I haven't had a fill in over a year. I don't know how much I have in my band. I currently don't have much restriction. I am now lower on IP than I ever was with the band. I lost weight with the band but then gained almost all of it back (all but 10 lbs).

I explained my situation to the head coach/clinic owner/chiropractor about not being able to eat 8 oz protein at one sitting - and she had me divide it between lunch and dinner. I have since just started eating one boiled egg at lunch (equivalent to 2oz protein) and the rest at dinner.

I still have times that I feel a bit of restriction or have a bit of an issue but not much.

I have never had a problem with the pills. If you have 7 cc in your band, would you consider going in and getting some taken out?

I love this programm and wish I had known about it before, I would not have gotten the band.

Best of luck
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #9  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

I have a lap band (I think it was 2005 or 2006). I have no fill in it but it still occasionally causes me "barf" issues. I hate it!! The first few days on IP were rough -- the pills were huge and my baked chicken got stuck and I was ending up throwing up most of my dinner. BUT I am happy to say that I got past that and have lost 58 lbs on IP. Fortunately I don't really mind eating the same thing every day, so I stir fry (sautee, really) my meat and veggies for dinner and I can cut them small enough that it's rare I have a problem. And if I space the pills out by a few minutes that works too.

Good luck, everyone. Think of all the $$$ we'd have saved if we'd known about IP before our surguries. Definitely a "life lesson" there!
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #10  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii1002 View Post
I had gastric bypass in January of 2000, went from 642 to 340.. maintained that loss with the exception of 40lbs. Started October 2013 with IP, and in 15 weeks, I've lost 73lbs. Granted, I've still got quite a ways to go but this diet protocol is the best thing that could have happened to me.
You are doing great!! I am sure you look/feel like a new person. How exciting!
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:05 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

I think I am going to go in a have some let out. And yes, you are right, I wish I had known about IP before my surgery too! I tried drinking my shake and then my coffee this morning to "loosen" things up, but I guess I waited too long to take my pills afterwards because I felt really light headed and dizzy while feeling nauseated, too. I've always had that problem with pills on an empty stomach. I have been eating skinless thighs instead of chicken breasts since I seem to be able to tolerate the darker meat. I just try to eat more tilapia than anything. Before IP I could eat multiple baskets of chips and salsa, but never more than I bite of chicken breast. I don't get it....
Noodles1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrerich View Post
I think I am going to go in a have some let out. And yes, you are right, I wish I had known about IP before my surgery too! I tried drinking my shake and then my coffee this morning to "loosen" things up, but I guess I waited too long to take my pills afterwards because I felt really light headed and dizzy while feeling nauseated, too. I've always had that problem with pills on an empty stomach. I have been eating skinless thighs instead of chicken breasts since I seem to be able to tolerate the darker meat. I just try to eat more tilapia than anything. Before IP I could eat multiple baskets of chips and salsa, but never more than I bite of chicken breast. I don't get it....
I have had issues with chicken breast ever since I got the band - I think it gets too dry. Thighs have more fat so it makes sense you can eat them.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 238/180/140

I had a lapband and got down to 160 and then the band caused serious esophagus damage and I had it removed. I converted to a sleeve and got past my goal down to 132. I've slowly started to put weight back on and am trying to decide what plan to follow to get back on track. I need monitoring and support. I tried hcg on my own but just can't stick with it. A friend did IP and has done great. I liked the wonderslim products after I was sleeved so I'm thinking that ip will work better than JC or WW where the portions are too big for my stomach. Unlike the band, lean meats and veggies are perfect with the sleeve and a very small amount keeps me filled and full. But cooking and having a flexible plan leaves me to likely to cheat so something controlled like IP or JC will probably do best. If I could do 16 weeks of liquids and mushies ip should be easy. Just need a coach to keep me honest!
brittu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittu View Post
I had a lapband and got down to 160 and then the band caused serious esophagus damage and I had it removed. I converted to a sleeve and got past my goal down to 132. I've slowly started to put weight back on and am trying to decide what plan to follow to get back on track. I need monitoring and support. I tried hcg on my own but just can't stick with it. A friend did IP and has done great. I liked the wonderslim products after I was sleeved so I'm thinking that ip will work better than JC or WW where the portions are too big for my stomach. Unlike the band, lean meats and veggies are perfect with the sleeve and a very small amount keeps me filled and full. But cooking and having a flexible plan leaves me to likely to cheat so something controlled like IP or JC will probably do best. If I could do 16 weeks of liquids and mushies ip should be easy. Just need a coach to keep me honest!
That's why I like it so much - structure and accountability. When I was on "band diet" I wasn't given enough structure.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 283/228.2/183

Height: 5'6"

I am in the process of getting sleeved. I'm also doing IP. I have discussed this in length with my coach, and she is helping me to lose as much weight as possible before I have my surgery.
She did tell me that she can get some of the vitamins in liquid form, for those of you worried about the vitamins.
I am hoping to lose the rest of this weight with IP and keep it off with my newly sleeved stomach.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by dsjsmom23; 01-18-2014 at 01:03 AM.
dsjsmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote